Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-08-15, 02:29   Link #41
HammerOrNails
One day...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
So... what kind of series is this? Comedy? Depressing Slice of Life?
It's fairly different than most of the other 'famous' stuff by Nisio... it really depends on the adaptation, but the novels really run the gamut from dumb comedy (lots of manzai back and forth, sexual innuendos etc.) to School Days level mental and physical abuse. It's also a fair bit more violent than Monogatari and the like, mostly because people actually die in Zaregoto.
The mystery element is mostly a shoehorned afterthought, and really disappears after the first few novels.
HammerOrNails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 21:26   Link #42
moodie

Zaregoto OVA coming, it says either sept or oct of next year or this year idk i dont speak japanese but the VA seems to be accurate.

Yuki Kaji as Ii-chan
Aoi Yuuki voicing Tomo

HOLY SHIT

This is according to news from people who were at the Kizu screening stating that the CM for Zaregoto was presented.

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/90306

Last edited by moodie; 2016-08-18 at 22:45.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 21:58   Link #43
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
yuki kaji as ii-chan
I... this... wha... ughhhh.....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 22:25   Link #44
Kunagisa

Lmao this is cute.
He must be doing something right to get the job!

PS: I am not disappointed it is him, actually very amused instead. We prob won't get to find out Zerozaki's VA for a while (fujo money theory etc. w).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 22:47   Link #45
moodie

Take this with a grain of salt since this is coming from people who watched the CM so you dont know if they are right or wrong.

Akio Watanabe seems to be doing the character design.
Old 2016-08-18, 22:48   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yuki Kaji is a good seiyuu. Why some people treat him like the plague is beyond me .
Old 2016-08-19, 00:00   Link #47
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yuki Kaji is a good seiyuu. Why some people treat him like the plague is beyond me .
Because he has that tendency, like many other VAs, of using that one same voice over and over and over again regardless whether it fits the character or not.

I don't want to hear the Shu/Amada/Hope voice ever again, it is driving me nuts.

And his acting skill is far below the likes of Kamiya or Sakurai who can compensate their same voice syndrome with acting skill.

I think I'll certainly be joining the leagues of Kaji haters if he ever dares use that voice for Nonsense Player, and continue to bash him til the end of time.
Old 2016-08-19, 02:18   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Because he has that tendency, like many other VAs, of using that one same voice over and over and over again regardless whether it fits the character or not.

I don't want to hear the Shu/Amada/Hope voice ever again, it is driving me nuts.

And his acting skill is far below the likes of Kamiya or Sakurai who can compensate their same voice syndrome with acting skill.

I think I'll certainly be joining the leagues of Kaji haters if he ever dares use that voice for Nonsense Player, and continue to bash him til the end of time.
Didn’t the seiyuus have sound director or something like that to direct them? If the “same voice” is what the director wanted and ordered him to do, does Yuki Kaji have any choice to do otherwise?

Look at his current role in Arslan as Silver Mask (and other series). He can do different voices as long as the directors want or allow him to do it.
Old 2016-08-19, 10:10   Link #49
moodie

The official site of anime Zaregoto is online http://zaregoto-series.com/ the OAV 1 is scheduled for October 26, 2016.
Old 2016-08-19, 10:11   Link #50
Zefyris
図書館狼

so 8 OVA then.
Old 2016-08-19, 10:22   Link #51
moodie

I was afraid Akio's design wasnt going to work but it works fine. Its no Take but neither was Gatari Vofan.
Old 2016-08-19, 10:56   Link #52
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The art looks troublesome.
Ii-chan's eyes does not look dead. It has life in it. This is so wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Didn’t the seiyuus have sound director or something like that to direct them? If the “same voice” is what the director wanted and ordered him to do, does Yuki Kaji have any choice to do otherwise?

Look at his current role in Arslan as Silver Mask (and other series). He can do different voices as long as the directors want or allow him to do it.
There were times that i wanted to believe this argument.
But the thing is, Kaji is not getting the sound director every time. And definitely not when he is using the voice that I can stand no longer. Unless the sound directors in the industry has formed this "we must make Kaji sound the same" alliance behind or back, I have hard time buying that argument anymore.
Old 2016-08-19, 10:59   Link #53
Horse

Hello, Kajiura.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 11:10   Link #54
moodie

Idk why ppl are worried, Nisio seems to have put the up most faith in shaft for this.
Old 2016-08-19, 11:15   Link #55
Kamieichi

Question is, Kubikiri Cycle (8 volumes) or Zaregoto series (8 volumes)

I first thought it's the latter, but it feels like the former right now.
Old 2016-08-19, 11:41   Link #56
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
Question is, Kubikiri Cycle (8 volumes) or Zaregoto series (8 volumes)

I first thought it's the latter, but it feels like the former right now.

Should be fun. Feels like they're just testing water right now though. Hopefully the sale will be good enough.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 11:44   Link #57
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
Idk why ppl are worried, Nisio seems to have put the up most faith in shaft for this.
Because everything I see about the Nonsense Player is crushing any hope I have. (ironically this is the only thing in character to Ii-chan I am seeing so far.)
He is a nihilistic blackhole whose psychological circuit is as negative as Kumogawa Misogi, albeit less malicious but far more faithless towards life.
This nihilistic monster is now been given to Kaji to act, whose acting on an emotionless character in Kiznaiver was already not impressive. And why am I seeing life in is eyes that supposedly has no capacity in recognizing the value of human beings.
Old 2016-08-19, 11:54   Link #58
AB079
Banned

8 Ova hmm? well let's hope they do a decent job but I have my serious doubts about it, especially after that character design, seems off to me in some way and ... Yuki Kaji... we'll see what happens.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 12:08   Link #59
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Should be fun. Feels like they're just testing water right now though. Hopefully the sale will be good enough.
Thanks.

I want to invest to watch the whole novels animated, but it costs too much. Sigh.
Old 2016-08-19, 12:26   Link #60
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
Thanks.

I want to invest to watch the whole novels animated, but it costs too much. Sigh.
40 bucks a vol isnt that bad. and its monthly so its a small portion of ur paycheck