AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-10-08, 19:23   Link #21
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

It was okay...I'll see what happens in the next few episodes.

But goddamn....I could've did without Stupid Giant Titty Girl.
Old 2016-10-08, 20:47   Link #22
grecefar

Ryotas breast size bothers me...

It was a good chapter, interesting and goma-samurai was funny, cliffhanger ending for me to want more for now, the number of characters introduced reminds me durarara!
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 21:17   Link #23
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Was not expecting monster boobs from the initial trailer. Can't believe I'm saying this, but calm your tits A-1. Even Sugu wasn't this blatant

As for the show itself, it's literally all over the place. The gory part at the end of the episode had no impact whatsoever because of all the haphazard cuts. The director needs to focus less on imitating Shaft and more on establishing a consistent tone.

I'll give this one more episode, but if it's just more balloon tits and bad editing then I'm out. Step it up A-1, even Keijo is making you look bad.
Yeah, that scene at the very end just didn't have any impact and appeal at all. The editing was just horrible from jumping from one scene to another. I've seen a lot of Shaft shows, and it's nothing like this at all.

The art style is good, but it looks more like a poorly animated show than visually artistic. It looked very low res.

That girl with the large breast isn't working and just way over the top.

I think I should just drop the show now or give it a 3 episode run. So yeah it was kinda that bad for me already.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 21:36   Link #24
xeviouses

I would probably watch this past 3 episodes if balloon tits gets killed off or given lesser screen time at least.

The low quality animation can be over looked if the plot is engrossing enough but so far...

3.eps rule is on.
Old 2016-10-09, 10:19   Link #25
Seihai
スマイリウム

I think this is the first time I considered restarting the episode in slowmotion. The whole episode felt suffocating. It doesn't help that the MCs were mostly yelling throughout the episode. I daresay it felt so rushed it even beat the ridiculous pacing of 35shoutai.

I'm probably less bothered by Ryotas boobs than other people, but I'm still bothered by it. However I am willing to overlook them for now, because I thought she's a very fun character. In fact, all the characters seem to have at least some potential to become intruiging in their own way. And yeah, considering Ryotas is the focus character of the ED, I assume there is more to her than meets the eye, literally and figuratively speaking.

Overall the chaotic nature of the scenes reminded me a bit of Baccano and Drrr, but on an extreme level. And the characters overall felt... well, I could see them become part of Okabe's conspiracy lab. I can totally see Ryotas and Mayushi get along with each other. lol
Old 2016-10-09, 12:00   Link #26
Dextro
He Without a Title

At the end of watching the first episode all I can think is: what did I just watch? I have no idea what happened and, if it weren't for that cliffhanger, I wouldn't even consider giving this a second episode. As it is I'll probably give it a second chance but it's on thin ice and ready to be dropped.
Old 2016-10-09, 16:04   Link #27
Wandering Soul

Count me in as someone else that has no idea what they just watched. If the next few episodes don't change that, then I'm dropping this.
Old 2016-10-09, 16:16   Link #28
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I think this is the first time I considered restarting the episode in slowmotion. The whole episode felt suffocating. It doesn't help that the MCs were mostly yelling throughout the episode. I daresay it felt so rushed it even beat the ridiculous pacing of 35shoutai.
l
This!! It was indeed way too fast paced..lol. It's hard to tell if i'm going to like it from the first episode alone. I will definitely need more episodes to make an opinion about it. But hey, the chars seem fun to watch. This will probably be more comedy/ecchi than anything else but that ending suddenly made me think otherwise. Let's see what comes next.
Btw, really liked the OP and ED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Ryotas breast size bothers me...
Her weird nose bothered me way much
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 18:03   Link #29
James Rye

Holy atomic boobs...
Old 2016-10-09, 18:16   Link #30
IceHism

Her back must constantly be hurting a lot.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 19:16   Link #31
Applehell

How is that girl standing...

MC is annoying af. I hope by next episode he starts talkimg like a human being in the next episode or something. Otherwise this felt like a low rent DRRR!!, with even worse animation and none of it's snappy dialogue.

Pretty big disappoint for me so far with how much I was looking forward to this.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 10:23   Link #32
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
The animation is so bad I'm not sure I can keep watching this .. and I'm only couple minutes in. WTF is with their noses when the characters are at certain angles? It somehow really annoys me.

Spoiler for What is that?!:
You probably haven't seen old anime, have you
Old 2016-10-10, 10:32   Link #33
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Well, I like how this series is going... except for Ryoka's massive tits which bothers me a bit, as well as Yuuta's idiocy for holding a blood-stained knife where he'll get arrested for killing Prof. Hashigami. He should have learned a thing or two from Boku dake ga Inai Machi.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 10:33   Link #34
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
The animation is so bad I'm not sure I can keep watching this .. and I'm only couple minutes in. WTF is with their noses when the characters are at certain angles? It somehow really annoys me.

Spoiler for What is that?!:
That is called drawing lines. Its purpose is to highlight the form but without a proper shading it might give the wrong idea to the average watcher who got spoiled by no-nose-anime.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 11:41   Link #35
MCAL

I must confess I don't understand the complaints about the art and animation as it looked fine to me even really good.

And apparently they adapted all of the first LN (About 380 pages) in the first episode which certainly explains things.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 11:58   Link #36
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
...And apparently they adapted all of the first LN (About 380 pages) in the first episode which certainly explains things.

Whoa.

Yeah ... if that is the case that would indeed make the pace rather ... brisk, wouldn't it?
Old 2016-10-10, 11:59   Link #37
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
I must confess I don't understand the complaints about the art and animation as it looked fine to me even really good.

And apparently they adapted all of the first LN (About 380 pages) in the first episode which certainly explains things.
It's because the art style looks like a bad photoshop filter applied on top of the animation which isn't very fluid and complete. The end result looks very rough and unpolished. There were times where the animation looked very blurry and very low resolution. Even the title screen on the OP look very blurry and low res. So how can you say that it looked very good?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 12:08   Link #38
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Am I the only one who enjoyed the episode?

Quote:

Guess not.

Yeah, the animation didn't strike me as bad, though that might because I just came out of Qualidea Code.

Anyway, while the pacing was insane, I really wasn't too lost on what happened and other the glasses kid, it didn't feel like very important stuff was skipped, and I gotta say the utter intensity in regards to everything caught my attention, and it actually fits with the loud attitude of the protagonist (Don't ask me to remember names yet, the cast is pretty large already), and yes, it helps with the breasts, because that would never fly for even a second in any of the other stories (Maybe as one of Takumi's delusions).

So yeah, pretty interested on this one.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 13:00   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Am I the only one who enjoyed the episode?
You're not.

Quote:
Yeah, the animation didn't strike me as bad, though that might because I just came out of Qualidea Code.
Hmm... the animation was alright. It wasn't particularly good or bad. I felt it was a little wonky at times, but it works overall so no real complaints from my side.

Quote:
Anyway, while the pacing was insane, I really wasn't too lost on what happened and other the glasses kid, it didn't feel like very important stuff was skipped, and I gotta say the utter intensity in regards to everything caught my attention, and it actually fits with the loud attitude of the protagonist (Don't ask me to remember names yet, the cast is pretty large already), and yes, it helps with the breasts, because that would never fly for even a second in any of the other stories (Maybe as one of Takumi's delusions).
That's an interesting take on the episode. If I had to explain it with my own words, the episode tried to grab people with its eccentricity and throw everyone around until the point of exhaustion. And people's opinions are vastly divided on that. Some thought it was silly, others thought it entertaining. For now I have to agree with you. The pacing was ridiculous, but it wasn't too hard to follow and like I said before, the characters all seem potentially intruiging.
Old 2016-10-10, 17:16   Link #40
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not gonna lie, had to stop and watch something else because of main heroine's outrageous boob physics in the first 5 mins of the show. Her being voiced by Ayane Sakura is certainly <3 but I had hoped that the character's oppai wouldn't be focused on when I first saw her character. Boy was I wrong... >_>

Ironically though, me waiting to finish the episode actually made it more enjoyable. With this airing so close to March Comes in Like a Lion, putting the first episode off for later allowed me to appreciate for what this show is trying to be, rather than it not being March Comes in Like a Lion. XD

As for the episode itself, I personally like the brisk pace the first episode went, finishing the episode with the trigger incident. I'm sure all the mumbo jumbo they had to go through for the first three quarters of the episode are all set-up/foreshadowing for the rest of the series, but I honestly couldn't care less about it. Now the professor is dead, and our MC pretty much incriminated himself by being so oddball about things. Even better yet, it seems out main heroine is the one who sent him there in the first place, second heroine seems to be tied to him through fortune telling, and third heroine looks to be actually associated with a real demon. It's interesting to say the least, at least the last quarter of the epiosde was.

Seriously though, the mystery is strong enough already that they didn't have to resort to Ultra C level of shennanigans. Definitely a strong pilot even if only the last quarter was good, so I'm actually glad they skipped over most of the mundane stuff if they actually animated all of the first novel in the first episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote