AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-07, 07:17   Link #81
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
i think if Kurata/Ernie was instead reborn into the Gundam Build Fighters universe, he might as well instantly become the next Meijin within a short time.
It is Gundam Valhalla where the fallen reincarnate into peaceful lives.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 18:43   Link #82
chaos_animagic

OP Otaku programmers...

I bet he's totally going to turn those Knight robots (actual name too hard to type) into actual Gundam in the near future.

He's already showing advanced magic, thinks what would happen if he got into a Robot and cast those magic... gad damn...

Plus, he can probably "reprogram" the robots with advanced functions, such as faster responds in start up and reflexes for better mobility instead of just mostly walking and slow running... should be a lot easier than Gundam cause in this serie's world, there's magic that makes things easy.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 00:27   Link #83
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hrm ... well ... the first episode was not so bad, I guess.

A mecha isekai mixture, eh?

Well, I guess I will give the next episode a try.
Old 2017-07-09, 18:00   Link #84
John117xCortana

You know....normally I'd be happy for him. But he's being too happy considering the situation he's in.

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2017-07-09 at 18:32.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 18:27   Link #85
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
You know....normally I'd b happy for him. But he's being too happy considering the situation he's in.
It's his specific brand of insanity. It supercedes all other mortal worries.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 18:44   Link #86
John117xCortana

The city where the King lives in...it looks like Minas Tirith. A more lively and prosperous version though.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 21:09   Link #87
Waxman

I... I... I don't know how to feel...
I mean, i love how the robots and the world look but they rushed things a little...
Without going into spoilers, most series convert 1 LN vol into 4 episodes, here we finished 1 vol in 2 episodes...
Anyways the fight was ok... But if you need a narrator in the middle of the battle there's something wrong with it...
I... I... I don't hate this, but i don't really love it... Sigh... I hope they take their time with the next episodes.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 21:27   Link #88
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The MC Macgyver that robot but it still works with the controls being ripped out like that
Old 2017-07-09, 21:37   Link #89
Hmm....

As a LN reader, I can say that MC being reincarnator from other world was more than to simply make MC OP. It will explain other Eru's thinking/course of action. It will be more noticable along the line. I won't deny that it is also for relatable/wish-fulfillment reason. I think it is still better than having MC be this way just for the sake of it.

That being said, after watching episode 2, my skeptical on this adaptation is going through the roof. Judging from OP, it seem they plan to adapt LN volume 4 as well. That would be RUSH-AS-FUCK. Eru is certainly OP combat-wise. But he is also lazy, or rather doesn't care about anything non-robot. The novel spent large chunk of it's time on other characters's struggle on the situation before Eru finally move his ass to give them a hand. Taking those scene out and discredit their deed, Eru will become Gary Stu and everything will rest on his shoulder. It's also non-combat stuffs that set this series apart from other isekai story and justify why Eru being reincanator matter.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 21:56   Link #90
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I did not expect the behemoth fight to take a single episode. The LN made it look like this long struggle against a colossal beast that just won't go down, but here the impact is much lessened, like it was just a generic first boss (Which it technically was, but again, the book didn't give you that feeling). At least they included the part with the first group sacrificing themselves to try slow it down, but even so, everything went by so fast, and they didn't even exclude stuff this time, so you can't put it on bad choices. I suppose this is a case of the material just not translating well into anime (For instance, the book gave a long explanation on how exactly Eru got to control and power up the mech, but here we get a brief lightshow), and of course, if you're the type of person that thinks too much, Eru surely is starting to come off as some kind of lunatic already, and not because he doesn't care about the ladies (that part was actually pretty funny).

Next time, cool robots need four arms, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The city where the King lives in...it looks like Minas Tirith. A more lively and prosperous version though.
Sadly, their king looks like the most generic villager ever. I'm not sure why that bothers me. Maybe the fact he has a massive throne with his own badass mech behind but the guy looks like nothing special.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 21:59   Link #91
IceHism

I feel sort of dissatisfied with this episode. Mostly because it focused on only ernesti and not ernesti and his two childhood friends.

Also, i'm going to make a guess that being mechasexual will be tiring to see after a while.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-09, 22:09   Link #92
Wandering Soul

The fight against the beast didn't feel like it was much as struggle as it was in the manga.I guess that's the result of rushing the content.

I did get a laugh out of how Eri's face made it clear that he only cares about robots, even when he's being embraced by two cute girls.
Old 2017-07-10, 01:08   Link #93
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I did not expect the behemoth fight to take a single episode...everything went by so fast, and they didn't even exclude stuff this time, so you can't put it on bad choices. I suppose this is a case of the material just not translating well into anime... if you're the type of person that thinks too much, Eru surely is starting to come off as some kind of lunatic already, and not because he doesn't care about the ladies (that part was actually pretty funny).
The material in this case is descriptive text, which can usually translate into a few seconds of movement in animated media.
Of course Eru's insane. It was clear when he showed more concern for crushed robots than crushed people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The fight against the beast didn't feel like it was much as struggle as it was in the manga.I guess that's the result of rushing the content.

I did get a laugh out of how Eri's face made it clear that he only cares about robots, even when he's being embraced by two cute girls.
The question now is how many episodes 8-bit got for Knights. Until a proper announcement's made, we can only guess as to why there's rushing.
(Could be a case of many volumes covered in 1-cour, like Danmachi's anime.)
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 01:14   Link #94
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i swear Ernie upgraded the red Knight with his spells on the spot without breaking a sweat is akin to movies & TV shows misunderstanding on how computers work in real life, as in people thinking computers are these mysterious magical devices, considering this series' setting is a fantasy world where magical powers is normal is much more believable,

the 'computers can solve everything' joke is parodied several times such as Kung-Fury which is a jab at the 80's misconception of computers as in the friendly hacker who manages to save the protagonist's life by 'hacking his wounds' (with a Nintendo Power Glove?), doctors might have a field day due to that.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 01:34   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He didn't upgrade the Knight. After reading the manga, what I think he did is bypass the piloting aids and interact directly with the layer below. Like trying to pilot a plane with a keyboard and text commands instead of a joystick and pedals.

It gave him a greater range of possible motions (Knights, presumably, normally can't trip over their own feet or run so fast they break their own legs) while making the input much more complicated, which he compensated for by being a genius programmer, because of course.

So it's not as outlandish as Hackerman. Yet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 02:15   Link #96
Darthtabby

The behemoth's reliance on magic to support its weight reminded me of the boss in one of Full Metal Panic's story arcs that relied on physics defying sci-fi technology to keep from collapsing under its own weight when it stood up. Said boss was also named Behemoth. Given that the author of this series is a big mecha fan I'm not sure that's merely coincidence.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 02:44   Link #97
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Something that surprised me in the OP: I had the impression in the LN that the Gears were kinda chubby, like a Kobu from Sakura Taisen or a Savage from FMP. Here though, they do look more like Power Armor like out of say, Bubblegum Crisis due to how thin they are. Not that I'm complaining.

And yeah, second episode is kinda rushed, and the use of narration was kinda lax. This is one adaptation where making more narrative changes to allow more material to be squeezed in might benefit it as a whole. Although to be fair, most of the important stuff about the battle was left in, it's just some juicy details that were left out.

I am hoping they slow down enough for the R&D parts of the show, aka where the meat is.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 03:03   Link #98
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I like the mechs they show in the OP and our heroes might be piloting soon.
I kinda feel sad that they rush the story to the battle of the forest and not show the Eru and his friends life at school like the Alters older half-brother who hates them,
Old 2017-07-10, 03:34   Link #99
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so judging by the OP, please don't tell me Ernie is going to be the one responsible for introducing space travel as well, as in historically in that universe he's the pioneer of it.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 04:03   Link #100
Side-streetdog

First half of second episode is still quite rush.
I wondered which novel volume anime plan to end.

Tags
mechs