AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-03-06, 10:40   Link #1501
tuckersister

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Finally after 8 years it’s getting more anime. The manga will end at Ente Isla arc so I assume the anime will end there as well. If they are going to cover 8 LN volumes (or 7 since Vol 7 is a collection of short stories) then it should be 2 cours.
About damn time!!!!
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 12:04   Link #1502
tsunade666

eh, did that site ever said that it would get an anime adaptation?

I read it but its all about manga but no anime mentioned or maybe I didn't notice it.
Old 2021-03-06, 12:23   Link #1503
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
eh, did that site ever said that it would get an anime adaptation?

I read it but its all about manga but no anime mentioned or maybe I didn't notice it.
See here:
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156434
Old 2021-03-06, 16:35   Link #1504
Seiya0890

I thought the ending was not popular, how come they want to adapt an s2 ?
Seiya0890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 18:48   Link #1505
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya0890 View Post
I thought the ending was not popular, how come they want to adapt an s2 ?
It really is odd for a already ended series to get a new season 8 years after the first one. I can only assume some big shot pushed for it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 02:25   Link #1506
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It really is odd for a already ended series to get a new season 8 years after the first one. I can only assume some big shot pushed for it.
Probable a fan of Chiho then...

I guess we can't expect a different ending then the original source.
Pretty sure go toubun will follow original too even though many wanted a different ending.
Old 2021-03-07, 03:09   Link #1507
Tenzen12

It's not like we are getting ending this season anyway.
Old 2021-03-07, 14:06   Link #1508
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's not like we are getting ending this season anyway.
True but for those who know and did not like the ending, there is no point in watching it... Is what I would like to say but it did not refrain people from watching s2 of go toubun...
Old 2021-03-07, 14:53   Link #1509
Tenzen12

Well I can't disagree with that. I myself am not sure if I should watch 2nd season, given there will be lot of Alas Ramus cuteness or not, knowing I would have bitter aftertaste from every Maou x Emi interaction, which makes like 80% of whole story...
Old 2021-03-10, 11:18   Link #1510
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well I can't disagree with that. I myself am not sure if I should watch 2nd season, given there will be lot of Alas Ramus cuteness or not, knowing I would have bitter aftertaste from every Maou x Emi interaction, which makes like 80% of whole story...
I prefer just forgetting about this title then ahah
Old 2021-03-11, 03:17   Link #1511
AndrewR5D4

I find that it's often the least interesting girl who gets with the protagonist. Such was the case with Chiho in Hataraku Maou-sama. Not to mention Orihime in Bleach, and Hinata in Naruto. In all three examples, it was the girl with the obvious crush on the main character (and often the largest bust size) who won. The issue I take with this is that in these cases, the girl's character development, goals, and personality was completely reliant on the protagonist.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 00:11   Link #1512
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
I find that it's often the least interesting girl who gets with the protagonist. Such was the case with Chiho in Hataraku Maou-sama. Not to mention Orihime in Bleach, and Hinata in Naruto. In all three examples, it was the girl with the obvious crush on the main character (and often the largest bust size) who won. The issue I take with this is that in these cases, the girl's character development, goals, and personality was completely reliant on the protagonist.
Well not sure about the other two but in Naruto's case the Author had already planned for Naruto to end up with Hinata at the beginning. You can find sketches from the Author as well as concepts of this pairing (His first concept was Hinata being a princess but later changed it to being a kunoichi that shares Naruto's profession). Sakura fans just deluded themselves into thinking she had a chance but her LI were always Sasuke. From what I remember Kishimoto didn't even like Sakura's character and only created her in behest of his editor or something.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 13:56   Link #1513
Mazryonh

I don't know if anyone here cares, but the seiyuus for Maou, Emi, and Chiho were invited to a live stage event when the second season was announced. The seiyuus for Emi and Chiho (Hikasa Youko and Touyama Nao, respectively) were very excited to learn about this news. The fangirling starts at 2:11 in the video.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 15:42   Link #1514
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I don't know if anyone here cares, but the seiyuus for Maou, Emi, and Chiho were invited to a live stage event when the second season was announced. The seiyuus for Emi and Chiho (Hikasa Youko and Touyama Nao, respectively) were very excited to learn about this news. The fangirling starts at 2:11 in the video.
Thanks for posting that. I really like Hisaka and Touyama,
Old 2021-03-13, 01:24   Link #1515
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Well not sure about the other two but in Naruto's case the Author had already planned for Naruto to end up with Hinata at the beginning. You can find sketches from the Author as well as concepts of this pairing (His first concept was Hinata being a princess but later changed it to being a kunoichi that shares Naruto's profession). Sakura fans just deluded themselves into thinking she had a chance but her LI were always Sasuke. From what I remember Kishimoto didn't even like Sakura's character and only created her in behest of his editor or something.
None of that refutes my point. I pointed out that boring girls win, the reasons why are completely irrelevant.

I'm also familiar with that interview, and it shows just how poor of a writer Kishimoto really is. I mean, making a princess character as a love interest in this day and age is dumb enough, but she was supposed to be a damsel-type and wasn't planned to have a particularly active role in the story. The editors didn't like this and told him to make a gutsier female character. Then we got useless Sakura, and he turned Hinata into a ninja as a way of keeping her in the story. Another interview post-series revealed he was trying to paint a love triangle between Naruto, Sakura, and Hinata; and by his own admission, the attempt was a failure.

In comparison, I have to say the character interactions and steady development in Hataraku-Maou-sama were written reasonably well. I think the disappointment from fans came from the fact that the amount of struggle Emilia faced in reconciling the image of Maou she had with who he really was, proved to be a long and daunting task. Her life was full of so many twists and turns, and after all that fans were likely hoping it would end with the two coming to love and accept each other, culminating in a relationship. In comparison, Chiho didn't go through nearly as much inner turmoil, so it feels like she won despite going through much less development. Pfft... Not to mention, he pretty much ignored Suzuno.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-13, 02:26   Link #1516
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
None of that refutes my point. I pointed out that boring girls win, the reasons why are completely irrelevant.

I'm also familiar with that interview, and it shows just how poor of a writer Kishimoto really is. I mean, making a princess character as a love interest in this day and age is dumb enough, but she was supposed to be a damsel-type and wasn't planned to have a particularly active role in the story. The editors didn't like this and told him to make a gutsier female character. Then we got useless Sakura, and he turned Hinata into a ninja as a way of keeping her in the story. Another interview post-series revealed he was trying to paint a love triangle between Naruto, Sakura, and Hinata; and by his own admission, the attempt was a failure.

In comparison, I have to say the character interactions and steady development in Hataraku-Maou-sama were written reasonably well. I think the disappointment from fans came from the fact that the amount of struggle Emilia faced in reconciling the image of Maou she had with who he really was, proved to be a long and daunting task. Her life was full of so many twists and turns, and after all that fans were likely hoping it would end with the two coming to love and accept each other, culminating in a relationship. In comparison, Chiho didn't go through nearly as much inner turmoil, so it feels like she won despite going through much less development. Pfft... Not to mention, he pretty much ignored Suzuno.
Well we all knew he was bad at writing romance. We have Sakura marrying the guy who tried to kill her for fucks sake. I'm just saying he already planned for the pairing to happen since day one and he stuck by it. Better Hinata than Sakura. The romance of this series was never focused on until at the end.

In Hataraku-Maou-sama what I'm most annoyed about is the Author trying to have his cake and eat it too by implying a harem end. Emilia and Maou did have good chemistry together but he decided for Chiho to win despite the struggles they did like you said just came of as cheap.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2022-06-10 at 13:11.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-26, 14:29   Link #1517
AP24

The manga is continuing past the Ente Isla arc. It took 10 years to reach the halfway point of the LN. I wonder if it will cover the LN’s ending.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 09:37   Link #1518
tuckersister

The anime is 2 cours. Part 1 is the Ramus Arc and part 2 is the Ente Isle arc. Part 1 will end with Maou, Suzuno and Acies entering their world.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-30, 17:28   Link #1519
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
IKR THIS PISSES ME OFF SO FREAKING MUCH.

Chiho sucks, I've never liked her even a tiny bit and knowing that she wins really kills this entire franchise for me.

Just why?

(I don't gaf about Naruto at all but I hated Orihime too)
Old 2022-06-12, 09:08   Link #1520
mark1246

With the announcement of the sequel for the novel, i thought this forum would be alive again.

& with the cover being set back in the past,

Spoiler for spoiler:

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance