AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-31, 17:52   Link #81
leongsh
Daijoubu!

They really know how to reel in the otakus to the show. The use of Haruhi Suzumiya series' siren song of "God Knows" and the way that they used it is just pure catnip.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 18:29   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As soon as I heard the guitar riff, I knew what the song was. It took me a little bit to understand why they chose that song in particular, then I remembered Kyoya is currently in 2006/2007 and Haruhi was all the rage back then. Now it's not really forgotten but it sure failed hard to become a successful anime franchise. What dealt the final blow to the anime? Kyoani completely fucking up the second season? The author not giving a damn?

Anyway, back to this show. Nanako has hogged most of the spotlight and gone through the most development and she ended up losing to the girl who did pretty much nothing until now
But it's too early for someone to win so I guess it's one of those anime where the MC gets to redo things until he's satisfied. It may sound silly but I think that's more likely than him turning down Shinoaki. I said a while back that I suspected he was going to mess things up for the Platinum Generation, and that episode more or less sealed the deal. Him going "I was sent there to help them" (why would he think that? They were all extremely successful in the original timeline) means he'll end up doing the opposite and destroy their careers.
Old 2021-07-31, 19:34   Link #83
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Him going "I was sent there to help them" (why would he think that? They were all extremely successful in the original timeline) means he'll end up doing the opposite and destroy their careers.
Not sure about that last part. They will probably end up in the more or less same place. But I'm still curious about that alternate timeline. If things played out the same, who helped Nanako there or did she get her shit together herself? Even though I would like an answer, I don't think there will be one, as it would be narratively difficult to include, unless there will more flashbacks back into the future to answer some of the stuff, which I don't expect.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 20:04   Link #84
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I will disagree that ShinoAki did nothing. He was idolizing her the most even before and she actually made enough effort to get closer to him while Nanako and Eiko behave very 'tsunderish'.

As for the Haruhi, main issue was preobably the author abandoning the series. He barely managed to finish the last couple of volumes and it was shortlty after Disappearence came out. Only last year a new book came out and even it contained just one new short story and a couple more that were published separatelly before.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-08-01 at 11:33.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 20:25   Link #85
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Gee, I wonder who he's going to end up with, could it be the girl who is literally the reason that kept him going in the future, the one he already met in the future but joins the group late, or the one that has no connection to him and is sadly basically wasting her time only to get her heart broken?
Wow, it's like I can see the future or something.
Old 2021-07-31, 22:13   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Not sure about that last part. They will probably end up in the more or less same place. But I'm still curious about that alternate timeline. If things played out the same, who helped Nanako there or did she get her shit together herself? Even though I would like an answer, I don't think there will be one, as it would be narratively difficult to include, unless there will more flashbacks back into the future to answer some of the stuff, which I don't expect.
I doubt we can expect that much from this series, let alone a 1-cour anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 23:08   Link #87
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
... meh

I was really starting to like this series. Just them working on their skills and towards their goals would've been enough for me.

But no, now we have to add harem/romance into the mix out of literally nowhere. That ending was so cliche and it's getting real old. Now I'm also not looking forward to the next episodes..
Old 2021-08-01, 03:44   Link #88
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
... meh

I was really starting to like this series. Just them working on their skills and towards their goals would've been enough for me.

But no, now we have to add harem/romance into the mix out of literally nowhere. That ending was so cliche and it's getting real old. Now I'm also not looking forward to the next episodes..
Nanako is going to suffer. Period. ^_^
However, the main theme of the story is not going to be a love triange, a love square, or a love pentagon.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 10:12   Link #89
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As soon as I heard the guitar riff, I knew what the song was. It took me a little bit to understand why they chose that song in particular, then I remembered Kyoya is currently in 2006/2007 and Haruhi was all the rage back then. Now it's not really forgotten but it sure failed hard to become a successful anime franchise. What dealt the final blow to the anime? Kyoani completely fucking up the second season? The author not giving a damn?
Definitely the author not giving a damn and just stopping the series without concluding it. The movie erased most if not all of the ill-will generated by season two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
She was trained by people she'd already be around without Kyoya. He gave her confidence, and his presence triggered her getting serious sooner (otherwise Kawasegawa wouldn't have confronted her when she did), but all the pieces were already there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-01, 12:26   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
But no, now we have to add harem/romance into the mix out of literally nowhere.
Considering that Kyoya has been raising flags on Kanako & Shino since early in the show, "out of nowhere romance" is a sin that the show didn't commit.

I mean, if you take a shot whenever Kyoya, Kanako & Shino blushed or getting intimate toward each other in the last 5 episodes, you probably would've gotten knocked out.
Old 2021-08-01, 21:14   Link #91
Wandering Soul

Quote:
... meh

Out of nowhere? He's pretty much been having standard harem movements with the girls since episode 1. It was was pretty obvious this show would have some romance angel.
Old 2021-08-07, 13:01   Link #92
HandofFate

Kind of let down that it seems more focused on the drama than the actual producing and making.

But I'm pretty engaged at the time jumps each episode. Seems like months or weeks past, actually kind of fits in with actual college experience. Weeks just pass by.
Old 2021-08-07, 13:18   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ah, yes, that well known, reliable money-maker: going from zero to your first doujin game.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-07, 14:29   Link #94
HandofFate

There's some many things I'm just 'huh?' at with the whole plan.

Easily burrowing the name of the company like that, thought there at least be some resistance. Lending your name is a big deal, and how him taking it lightly would be an insult, none of that.

The insane amt of work and time to do this along with the actual college coursework.

The guy's financial situation, sure the big bill is the tuition, but given the pace he was working, doesn't he also need constant income as well for daily expenses? What's happening with that now with him having to spend time on the project?

How about next tuition? Make another game?
Old 2021-08-07, 17:53   Link #95
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ah, yes, that well known, reliable money-maker: going from zero to your first doujin game.
Yeah, Kyouya's confidence can be explained by knowledge of future trends and what will be popular soon, but everyone's else confidence that it will sell like hotcakes is weird.
Old 2021-08-07, 18:17   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, making an eroge is surely the best way to make money fast. The most hilarious part is that he came up with this idea because Tsurayuki was working himself to death... and the result is all four of them working themselves to death now. As an added bonus, he's slowly eating away at Tsurayuki's confidence as a writer. A great job all around.
Old 2021-08-08, 01:30   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

People have already mentioned the protagonist's stupidity, so I'm not going to bother with that, but Tsurayuki explaining his sad, sad backstory and then getting angry when the protagonist wanted to help (or maybe actually try to ruin his life, that makes more sense based off his actions) was pretty hilarious too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 02:41   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yeah, Kyouya's confidence can be explained by knowledge of future trends and what will be popular soon,
Even that sounds incredibly naive. Knowing the future trends doesn't help him unless they can put out a quality product. And since it's their first time, there's a good chance they won't be able to make anything at all. And then, there's the marketing problem. When he floated the idea, he didn't know he'd be able to borrow a big name, sight unseen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 03:09   Link #99
scififan

Their main focus is to make a doujin game, the game made by amateur. They do not have a distribution channel, so they have to sign up for a convention, such as comiket.

They are targeting gakuen renai game. In reality, it should be too common during their time. The older trend of heroic legend is still popular nowaday, except it has the isekai theme as decoration.

If the writer is not successful in his artistic pursuit, he has to return home and inherits his family profession. Besides, he already has a cute financee waiting for him. His bad ending is actually a good ending. Forget about the Platinum Generation. Any sane person will drop the school already.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 03:13   Link #100
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

This is all a bit too preposterous of an idea to implement. Who, in their right mind, of an established company is going to lend their name to tag on to a product created by 4 currently unknown (and not yet graduated) art students, without even going through some of their past projects portfolio? Even though the tiny pink haired girl consulted with the school director, they have to know that these 4 don't have ANY idea or skills to produce a videogame.

The whole idea is really all just a big gamble. Now, it's not the one guy who is overworking himself, but it's ALL of them overworking themselves. No one in the real world is going to sacrifice their time, energy, and efforts to help another person in this way. In a situation where they all need to focus on their own merits in order to graduate, anything distracting from that can be detrimental.

So...that scene in the dark where the script needed to be checked. Yeah. Tell that to the very same anime team who wrote the script and hit that delete button.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance