AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 34.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 19.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-06, 17:31   Link #161
erdii

The moment slain becomes main mc ı will drop this series. So hate me slaine fans hahahahaha really ı don't get why he is so interesting. There were mcs like that in other series and they were just mcs for me. They were just boring. Inahois interesting because he is stoic and he never drops that impression. Everything he does can be unexpected. Maybe when your precious slaine comes to earth ınaho will beat him again. Inaho has many possibilities but slaine has to go to the way on which many mcs walked.

I never liked slaine. He is a classic hot blooded mc that can be shut up with logic but eventually wins because of plot. All this ınaho hate makes me love him more. By the way don't forget slaine isn't innocent he is a killer too. But he is a coward who can't kill main bad guy in his perspective. Trilliam died for nothing. Slaine revenge ended with him as he couldn't face saazbaum's logic.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:34   Link #162
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Then it wouldn't have looked as cool.

1. Shoot a bullet at a pair of handcuffs without the bullet even going through and hitting the guy.

2. Walk up and uncuff him.

Which one you think is more dramatic?
So what you are saying is Saazbaum was trying to seduce Slaine away from Asseylum? I can see that happening.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:34   Link #163
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You know, I just thought of something.

That gigantic explosion from the lunar debris fallout on Tanegashima killed Orlane who was inside of Deucalion, and also seriously injured Saazbaum, who was also inside his kataphrackt.

Can someone explain how, Marito, who had to have been in the epicenter of this, along with Orlane, who was uncovered, and not even inside of a tank, survived?
And not only survived, but with not a physical scar or lost limb, or blinded, or anything?
It can be an oversight but if you want a plausible explanation then try this:

Heaven's fall didn't happen immediately after Marito's memory. There could have been hours worth of difference from when he encountered Orlane and when heaven's fall occurred which is enough time for him to unknowingly get away from the epicenter of the disaster.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-06, 17:37   Link #164
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
Assuming that the surfaces in the shower were hard and thick enough to repel the bullets. Of course even if they penetrated the floor the could have fragmented and pieces of the bullets could have hit them, but I have not seen many anime, tv shows, or movies take that into consideration.
yeah, and if I remember correctly they drew the holes left by the bullets that seemed depth enough to suggest that the surfaces weren't. Still the first thought surely came to the ricochets.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:39   Link #165
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
For a second I thought I was actually going to see CPR portrayed properly but then that had to happen. Oh well.
I thought it was accurate. Inaho used CPR to mimic a degree of oxygenated bloodflow/circulatory system function (since her heart's stopped) to extend time so they can get the defibrillator. He defibrillates her, and performs CPR on her again since she's still not breathing. She had liquid in her lungs and that got pushed out through the following CPR.

Last edited by Ryuga; 2014-09-06 at 17:49.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:39   Link #166
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i found it hilarious how the bullet didn't hit slaine. the especially with the trajectory he fired at...

http://imgur.com/UgeKt5X

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:45   Link #167
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
It can be an oversight but if you want a plausible explanation then try this:

Heaven's fall didn't happen immediately after Marito's memory. There could have been hours worth of difference from when he encountered Orlane and when heaven's fall occurred which is enough time for him to unknowingly get away from the epicenter of the disaster.
But when Orlane is talking to Saazbaum, this is right after she's totaled Marito's troop. That's where all the fire that's surrounding her is coming from. Also, Marito said earlier that the attack by Duecalion and Heaven's Fall happened pretty much simultaneously.

He would have still been in the center of all that. And with his entire group taken out and no transportation or communication, he also had nowhere to go and no one to contact.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-06, 17:47   Link #168
MartianMage

Quote:
But when Orlane is talking to Saazbaum, this is right after she's totaled Marito's troop. That's where all the fire that's surrounding her is coming from. Also, Marito said earlier that the attack by Duecalion and Heaven's Fall happened pretty much simultaneously.

He would have still been in the center of all that. And with his entire group taken out and no transportation or communication, he also had nowhere to go and no one to contact.
And how do you know that? Just because there's fire? That fire could easily be from another detachment Orlane has killed.

Marito could have radio'd in someone to pick him up. Yes, Marito had a radio.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-06, 17:49   Link #169
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, i found it hilarious how the bullet didn't hit slaine. the especially with the trajectory he fired at...

http://imgur.com/UgeKt5X
Maybe Slaine is a Eunuch? It'd explain why nobody had any problems leaving him alone around the princess. At that angle there would be nothing to hit.
Old 2014-09-06, 17:56   Link #170
Irenesharda

Quote:
And how do you know that? Just because there's fire? That fire could easily be from another detachment Orlane has killed.

Marito could have radio'd in someone to pick him up. Yes, Marito had a radio.
The events were so close together that Marito actually thought the Deucalion came down with pieces of the moon during Heaven's Fall. It wasn't hours worth of time. It was minutes if not seconds.

But even for arguments sake, let's say that the fire came from another group of soldiers, It would have still been on Tanegashima, which is a pretty small island, and in a blast like that, practically everyone on that island should be dead.

And realistically, that little piece of island should actually be totally gone considering what hit it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-06, 18:05   Link #171
MartianMage

Quote:
The events were so close together that Marito actually thought the Deucalion came down with pieces of the moon during Heaven's Fall. It wasn't hours worth of time. It was minutes if not seconds.

But even for arguments sake, let's say that the fire came from another group of soldiers, It would have still been on Tanegashima, which is a pretty small island, and in a blast like that, practically everyone on that island should be dead.

And realistically, that little piece of island should actually be totally gone considering what hit it.
I don't remember Marito saying that at all. Give me an episode and a timestamp.

But the point here is that Tanegashima wasn't fully engulfed. The fact that it's still there with a hidden base in it proves that, no? So like I said, Marito could have easily radio'd in someone to pick him up and return to their base.
Old 2014-09-06, 18:08   Link #172
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
I thought it was accurate. Inaho used CPR to mimic a degree of oxygenated bloodflow/circulatory system function (since her heart's stopped) to extend time so they can get the defibrillator. He defibrillates her, and performs CPR on her again since she's still not breathing. She had liquid in her lungs and that got pushed out through the following CPR.
It was accurate to an above average degree. The problem I had was that Maggie was clearly there to help with the CPR (two pairs of hands are better than one) and the Princess would still require further emergency treatment afterwards (even if we assume her lung hasn't been crushed from the strangulation). It's also highly unlikely that she'd have the strength to do anything more than weakily gasp for air, even if she does regain consciousness. And she'd probably be hurting from some cracked ribs afterwards...
Old 2014-09-06, 18:08   Link #173
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Apparently they all have bullets that disintegrate after hitting their first target. It's one of the things I don't think too deeply about in anime, because many series do not know how guns work.
Frangible bullets are a thing. And make sense on shipboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Then it wouldn't have looked as cool.

1. Shoot a bullet at a pair of handcuffs without the bullet even going through and hitting the guy.

2. Walk up and uncuff him.

Which one you think is more dramatic?
He aims for the handcuffs, and shoots him in the crotch. Realistic and dramatic. Or comically incompetent. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
He shocked a flatline! Nothing accurate about that.

And why would she have liquid in her lungs? She wasn't drowned.
Old 2014-09-06, 18:17   Link #174
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Frangible bullets are a thing. And make sense on shipboard.

He aims for the handcuffs, and shoots him in the crotch. Realistic and dramatic. Or comically incompetent. It's hard to tell sometimes.

He shocked a flatline! Nothing accurate about that.

And why would she have liquid in her lungs? She wasn't drowned.
There wasn't any residue that suggests they were using Frangible bullets. It's possible in Saazbaum's case because we didn't see the floor, but the bullets wouldn't have destroyed the chain, would it?

And I think she choked on her own saliva/mucus at that point.
Old 2014-09-06, 18:18   Link #175
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was accurate to an above average degree. The problem I had was that Maggie was clearly there to help with the CPR (two pairs of hands are better than one) and the Princess would still require further emergency treatment afterwards (even if we assume her lung hasn't been crushed from the strangulation). It's also highly unlikely that she'd have the strength to do anything more than weakily gasp for air, even if she does regain consciousness. And she'd probably be hurting from some cracked ribs afterwards...
Maggie seemed more intent in trying to figure out Inaho. I get the impression she doesn't think Inaho is just a normal student. He didn't help his case with his ability to handle Rayet so easily.
Old 2014-09-06, 18:54   Link #176
Irenesharda

Quote:
I don't remember Marito saying that at all. Give me an episode and a timestamp.

But the point here is that Tanegashima wasn't fully engulfed. The fact that it's still there with a hidden base in it proves that, no? So like I said, Marito could have easily radio'd in someone to pick him up and return to their base.
I believe it was episode 6, around the 7 minute mark when he's talking to the kids. He kind of mentions it again in episode 7 when the find the Deucalion remains.

The island was fully engulfed. One crater destroyed half the island and created the shore. The hidden base was put there after the event of Heaven's Fall and was done with whatever land was left. As we can see from the flashback of Orlane, that island was hit with the force of what would be an atomic bomb. This is the same amount of force that hit in New Orleans in the beginning, possibly more. Any humans on the island that weren't in some bunker or something would have been turned to ash, just like the ones in the first episode on the bridge.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-06, 19:06   Link #177
MartianMage

Quote:
I believe it was episode 6, around the 7 minute mark when he's talking to the kids. He kind of mentions it again in episode 7 when the find the Deucalion remains.

The island was fully engulfed. One crater destroyed half the island and created the shore. The hidden base was put there after the event of Heaven's Fall and was done with whatever land was left. As we can see from the flashback of Orlane, that island was hit with the force of what would be an atomic bomb. This is the same amount of force that hit in New Orleans in the beginning, possibly more. Any humans on the island that weren't in some bunker or something would have been turned to ash, just like the ones in the first episode on the bridge.
Nope he didn't say anything about the exact time of heaven's fall. Just because he said martians came before heaven's fall doesn't mean that heaven's fall happened minutes after his platoon got wiped out. You need to consider the fact that he's telling a story to them and not a detailed report.

And yet Tanegashima is still there, is it? Like I said, if Marito was able to radio in and have someone pick him up and return to base it's not far fetched that Marito was in a place where the explosion didn't hit him.
Old 2014-09-06, 19:12   Link #178
Kazu-kun

Quote:
And yet Tanegashima is still there, is it?
Which means the depiction of the explosion was overdone or the writers didn't put enough thought into the whole situation. Either way it seems like a fuck up.
Old 2014-09-06, 19:16   Link #179
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Which means the depiction of the explosion was overdone or the writers didn't put enough thought into the whole situation. Either way it seems like a fuck up.
Well yes, as I've said it can be an oversight from the writer but Marito's survival can also be explained by the information we know so it can also be an animation error.
Old 2014-09-06, 19:24   Link #180
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Is that debate about the ending of episode 7 over yet...?

My two cents on Inaho's apparent hypocrisy: I find it interesting that no one has discussed Asseylum's role here. I think that Inaho's actions there were all taken in reaction to Asseylum.

You can see him watching her at 06:15. She needed to deal with the reality of her responsibility that Rayet was laying before her. She also needed to try to see whether her dream that people could forgive and live peacefully and in cooperation was not in vain, which is why she acted stupidly, as Rayet put it. Inaho probably recognised some of this, which is why he stopped Eddelrittuo (...what's with the spelling of that name!?) and why he gave the gun back to Rayet at the end.

=====

Quote:

Quote:
Nope he didn't say anything about the exact time of heaven's fall. Just because he said martians came before heaven's fall doesn't mean that heaven's fall happened minutes after his platoon got wiped out. You need to consider the fact that he's telling a story to them and not a detailed report.
I agree with MartianMage on this one: Heaven's Fall could have occured at least a few hours later, long enough for Marito to have gotten to shelter. His platoon encountered the Kats when they first landed, and the Hypergate shattered only after they'd laid the surface of the island to waste.

If there are questions over how he survived even in a bunker, perhaps the size of the island might be a factor. Tanegashima is 57km (35.5miles) long and looks to be about 10km (6.2 miles) across at its widest point, and the crater seems to have hit the southern part of the island, going by comparisons with how it appears today. The fragment that hit the island looked to be maybe 60-80m across (and that's a conservative estimate) if we compare it with the Dioskuria. I won't try to estimate it based on the size of the crater (which appears to be around 12-15km across), but for comparisons sake, Barrington Crater, which is 1.2km across, is believed to have been created by a meteorite 30-50m across, and a 100m meteriote striking the earth is expected to create a force of about 2 megatons of TNT equivalent. The atomic bombs dropped on Japan were only around the 20 kiloton mark, but the area of maximum effect is quite small (the A-bomb dome was about 700m from the epicenter of the blast and the area of significant blast damage/deaths was approximately 3.5km (2.2 miles) in diameter).

So if Marito had managed to get into a reinforced bunker on the other side of Tanegashima to where the fragment eventually came down, I think there's enough evidence to say that his survival was realistic.

=====

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Not that I want to seem callous or anything, but Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still there too, you know...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-09-06 at 19:55.
Closed Thread