AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2007-07-14, 02:16   Link #1261
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Wow so Maria is only 1 year older than Hayate and Hina... She behaves and looks alot older than she seems.... If Maria is only 17 that means there is barely any differenece in Hayate and her age..
Old 2007-07-14, 06:39   Link #1262
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
That reminds me that sometimes the closer you are to a person the further apart they become. Nagi's desire to be near Hayate might be her own downfall as Hayate slowly gets desensitized to contact with Nagi....

Meanwhile on the other hand, he hasn't gotten enough of both Maria or Hina and hence physical contact or anything of the sorts would make him blush....

Also Hina is about the same age as Hayate right?(Can someone confirm or give the actual age of Hina) and Maria is older and Hayate doesn't seem like the type to be attracted to loli type girls..
oh i agree...and it happens in RL as well (yep ive had my fair share of getting too close to someone )
as i say to hayate 80% of the time nagi is treated like a little sister...while the rest 20% is somewhat uneasy fluffly love/what if/fancy feelings ~

well hayate is more likely to have a mind set to go for someone more around his age atm but that doesnt mean it cant change over time due to influences from nagi...it may be the rise of a new lolicon

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 07:12   Link #1263
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well hayate is more likely to have a mind set to go for someone more around his age atm but that doesnt mean it cant change over time due to influences from nagi...it may be the rise of a new lolicon
ah rise of the very indestructible, very cute trap, very bad luck, very in deep dog poop debt-ridden, very bad acting, random monologue spouter, combat butler lolicon....oh can't forget with a very poor looking face

wow thats some lolicon
Old 2007-07-14, 08:35   Link #1264
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
ah rise of the very indestructible, very cute trap, very bad luck, very in deep dog poop debt-ridden, very bad acting, random monologue spouter, combat butler lolicon....oh can't forget with a very poor looking face

wow thats some lolicon
For someone with such bad luck with money Hayate might develop a really expensive habit (if you know what i mean)
Old 2007-07-14, 08:50   Link #1265
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Slight question, and it's something I've been wondering about for awhile, can anyone actually see the poor looking face on Hayate?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 09:06   Link #1266
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Slight question, and it's something I've been wondering about for awhile, can anyone actually see the poor looking face on Hayate?
its not that...its merely just to emphesize that rich people have "poor folk" detectors under their shirts i mean hayate doesnt look poor to us but to rich people he just reeks of poorness

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 12:27   Link #1267
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Wow so Maria is only 1 year older than Hayate and Hina... She behaves and looks alot older than she seems.... If Maria is only 17 that means there is barely any differenece in Hayate and her age..
And there-in lies the beauty of Maria...You get the lovely mature attitude/look while still technically being a high schooler age wise..."Best of both worlds" I suppose would be the saying.

And it would be alittle awkward to me for him to date hina while still working at nagi's house as a butler indebted to her...But I guess thats the stuff of which love-comedies are made of.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 15:24   Link #1268
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
that's basically the reason that we want Hayate to end up with someone that will be good for him like Maria or Hina, compared with Nagi who would just scream and torture for god knows how long
Now that I think about it, every time Hayate meets a girl, he suffers in some way:

Maria: run-over by bicycle (manga only)
Nagi: hit by car
Hinagiku: kicked in face
Sakuya: overly-enthusiastic tsukomi
Isumi: attacked by bodyguards
Saki: security robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
and from we saw last ep Hina does not let many guys call by her first name looks like Hayate is the only given than privelege
I thought she just didn't like being confused for her sister. Well, it's clear all the other males are too intimidated to use her first name. Which is why no one else will ever have a chance with her.

Quote:
Wow so Maria is only 1 year older than Hayate and Hina... She behaves and looks alot older than she seems....
You're gonna make her cry again.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 15:30   Link #1269
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I thought she was 25 or 26 my self.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 15:55   Link #1270
S_K
Let's begin!

@telliamed: If I remember correctly, I think Hayate got nailed in the balls when he met Sakuya
As stated in an episode (don't remember which one) Maria is only 17 and when everyone thought she was much older, she looked like she was gonna cry
Old 2007-07-14, 18:42   Link #1271
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

And it would be alittle awkward to me for him to date hina while still working at nagi's house as a butler indebted to her...But I guess thats the stuff of which love-comedies are made of.
Don't forget the only reason that Hayate is working for Nagi was:

Spoiler for for ep1 or 2 forgot:

So if Hayate does start dating Hina, maybe Nagi will realise that Hayate deserves to be happy and lets him go.
Old 2007-07-14, 18:49   Link #1272
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Maria 17 R U SHUR?

I remember in one episode they talked about her age. but I bet she's really 28, girls always hide their true age
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 18:50   Link #1273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I thought she was 25 or 26 my self.
Hmm, i'd say early 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
Maria 17 R U SHUR?
This is anime/manga --- we don't have to be sure. :3
Old 2007-07-14, 20:20   Link #1274
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, i'd say early 20's.

This is anime/manga --- we don't have to be sure. :3
In the back of volume 1 of the manga, Kenjiro Hata put in some character profiles and Maria's definitely says that she's 17 (in fact, her age is the first thing after "profile").

Spoiler for Maria character profile page:
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 20:26   Link #1275
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
In the back of volume 1 of the manga, Kenjiro Hata put in some character profiles and Maria's definitely says that she's 17 (in fact, her age is the first thing after "profile").

Besides her age is also shown in episode 10.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 20:28   Link #1276
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Well i think there exists the possibility of an open ending, since the show oftenis self conscious of its being a harem anime and having multiple possible endings.
Old 2007-07-14, 22:14   Link #1277
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
Well i think there exists the possibility of an open ending, since the show oftenis self conscious of its being a harem anime and having multiple possible endings.
I hope not... For a 26 ep anime a open ending might happen for the possibility of continuing another season, or if the writers just don't want to dissapoint fans of certain girls by making the guy choose...

That said, Hayate is 52 damn episodes and if he can't end up with any of the beautiful girls that he has to choose from then all hope is lost for the males in this world...
Old 2007-07-14, 22:36   Link #1278
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Seriously. This show won't be over till Spring of 08 and that is if it does not take any brakes.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 22:48   Link #1279
S_K
Let's begin!

Well, we can't help it because it releases one episode a week, only if they released more episodes during a week, it would make our lives much better
Old 2007-07-14, 22:52   Link #1280
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
I hope not... For a 26 ep anime a open ending might happen for the possibility of continuing another season, or if the writers just don't want to dissapoint fans of certain girls by making the guy choose...

That said, Hayate is 52 damn episodes and if he can't end up with any of the beautiful girls that he has to choose from then all hope is lost for the males in this world...
Well, it isn't particularly serious as a serious romance anime. i mean wiht all the fourth wall stuff.

let's see how it goes. i'm hoping for maria+hina polygamy

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp