AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-05, 10:11   Link #81
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Negima anime was not very popular but the Manga is extremely popular and still is. the negima characters got thier vote form the manga not the anime.
I think you wrong.
This is Anime Saimoe Tournament, not Manga Saimoe Tournament. Maybe manga can support for anime, but doesn't much.

Example:
Before this anime's contest was begun, manga's contest was finished with Hinaichigo@Rozen Maiden is winner.
But, look her fighting... she couldn't go too far.

Negima!? is really popular in Japan, with Neo Pactio card system, two live-concerts (I don't think every anime can hold ones, it's hard if that anime is not popular), and many things was sold, become rarely...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2008-05-05, 10:52   Link #82
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ah, that old, eh? I suppose Read or Die may have been in Saimoe 2002 (the first one), but that would have been it.
Old 2008-05-05, 13:19   Link #83
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
I just hope more characters can pull through since the dolls r gone. Long live Nanoha & Fate!!!
Old 2008-05-05, 18:03   Link #84
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'm surprised to hear you say that Haruhi gets hate in Japan. Even if that were true there will always be a "faction" of loyalists
But Korea's tastes can flux around so I'm not surprised if L*S isn't doing well there
Well... obviously.
A group in SaiMoe doesn't gain hate unless it has support, does it?

People don't randomly decide "Oh, I think I'll vote against Higurashi characters from now on because it's Shiraguhi backwards."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
I think you wrong.
This is Anime Saimoe Tournament, not Manga Saimoe Tournament. Maybe manga can support for anime, but doesn't much.

Example:
Before this anime's contest was begun, manga's contest was finished with Hinaichigo@Rozen Maiden is winner.
But, look her fighting... she couldn't go too far.

Negima!? is really popular in Japan, with Neo Pactio card system, two live-concerts (I don't think every anime can hold ones, it's hard if that anime is not popular), and many things was sold, become rarely...
Do you really think that people who vote in SaiMoe vote purely based on anime experience?
It's an ANIME SaiMoe tournament because they only want to include anime characters, and not ones that don't exist. Probably 9.99/10's of the Japanese voters in SaiMoe also read manga, so it definitely has an impact.

Also keep in mind that (as Psieye says) some characters have placed well because of doujin power, not even canon manga series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
I just hope more characters can pull through since the dolls r gone. Long live Nanoha & Fate!!!
Yeah, so Nanoha beat the dolls and Fate was runner up (to moe goddess Suiseiseki).
2007 saw both neither the dolls nor the magical girls as finalists (Shinku and Nanoha were in the top 8 though), so we can still hope.
Old 2008-05-05, 23:02   Link #85
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
I fear the new wave of moe gals coming like prehaps Sola n Clannad?? They might jus crash the old birds!!!
Old 2008-05-05, 23:37   Link #86
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I fear the new wave of moe gals coming like prehaps Sola n Clannad?? They might jus crash the old birds!!!
Sola was totally crush by the Nanoha Legion last year. Clannd won't fare much better then Kanon, except maybe Kyou. Because KYOU IS BI
Old 2008-05-05, 23:38   Link #87
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Sola's not eligible this year Oh wait no's OVA lulz. And I'm the one that uploaded the second one on youtube. , and Clannad will hopefully get enough hate to drop out early.
Hopefully.

Sola probably won't do too well, since it's not really popular enough.
I'm not sure about the hate-level against Sola in Japan, but they all dropped out relatively early last year.
Old 2008-05-06, 00:31   Link #88
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Sola's not eligible this year Oh wait no's OVA lulz. And I'm the one that uploaded the second one on youtube. , and Clannad will hopefully get enough hate to drop out early.
Hopefully.

Sola probably won't do too well, since it's not really popular enough.
I'm not sure about the hate-level against Sola in Japan, but they all dropped out relatively early last year.
All three of Sola's top contender fell to the Nanoha legion.

Mayuko to Nanoha and Ano to Vita in round 1 and Masturi to Vita in Round 2.
Old 2008-05-06, 01:47   Link #89
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will "Nice Boat" be any competition?
Old 2008-05-06, 01:51   Link #90
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Lmao, nice boat. I actually find Sekai to be quite moe, but I don't know. The thing is "moe" isn't what comes to mind when you talk about "School Days."
Old 2008-05-06, 02:16   Link #91
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will "Nice Boat" be any competition?
Troll votes aside, it actually might be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Lmao, nice boat. I actually find Sekai to be quite moe, but I don't know. The thing is "moe" isn't what comes to mind when you talk about "School Days."
Are you kidding?
The entire yandere-loving world Kaede Fuyou fanclub was in an uproar over School Days. And yes, I do know some yanderekko lovers. Many of them are also guro fans though, so they scare me.

Hopefully Mayuko will do well by gathering all of the voters of previous years that voted for the loligoths of studio Normad. Not that she's actually moe, but hey, a troll can hope.

And good/bad news: Lucky Star will be eligible due to its OVA to be released sometime that I forget.
Old 2008-05-06, 02:53   Link #92
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Lucky Star would be eligible anyway since it ran until mid-September. The OVA will be in June? If they timed it right that could give them a three year run at Saimoe for 2009 as well with Haruhi (and possible the Clannad girls from After Story).

All we need is more FMP! Really, please?
Old 2008-05-06, 09:58   Link #93
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
This will be Fates year. No Rozen Maidens (maybe that psuedo Rozen Maiden from Sola can do it) to defeat her this year.
Old 2008-05-06, 12:27   Link #94
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, Nanoha was knocked out last year with heavy amounts of hate. The person who knocked her out was Rena of all people, of which she hasn't posted nearly the amount of votes she mustered against Nanoha after that match. Which in turn leads us to the conclusion that even Nanoha of all people was being hate-voted out of the tourney, and I really don't think that the doll faction was that big of a part to it.

So yeah, having a big bulls-eye on them isn't helping the MSLN girls any, Fate included. Of course I may be wrong; only time will tell.

PS. You forget about the psuedo-Gin in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-06, 13:11   Link #95
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Lol, if pseudo-Gin advances far in SaiMoe, I will have a hearty chuckle.
Old 2008-05-06, 13:22   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I believe many of you misunderstood me. The 1,000+ Rabid Fan clubs are all purely Korean Fan Clubs. Hitman Reborn, Gintama, and Code Geass series are extremely popular with KOREAN FEMALE population. The problem is that these mostly-female fan clubs decided that they will support their favorite anime series by voting for any character from these in any moe tournament that appears in their radar. Since Japanese Saimoe is progenitor of these moe tournament, these fan clubs know about it well. The question is whether or not they decide to mobilize their immense MONETARY resources to vote in Japanese Saimoe. I know that if one of three fan club does decide to invest in the Saimoe, others will follow. It won't be more than an hour before Japanese Saimoe organizers will catch huge spike in voting for specific characters coming from Korea, and will decide to let it in unhindered if it is against someone they want to eliminate, or decide to ban all voting from Korea and some part of USA where these fan clubs have presence among Koreans residing in USA if it is against someone they hope to win. These fan clubs will become a perfect tool for the Saimoe organizer to manipulate the result in anyway they want to, IF they choose to do so.
Then the Nanoha legion needs to organize as well. MAL already has 450+MSLN club members, need to find that MSLN mailing list.

btw is there MSLN club in Korea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Lol, if pseudo-Gin advances far in SaiMoe, I will have a hearty chuckle.

As long as she doesn't run into any of the Major hitters, there is enough Gi mojo for her to advance up to the 3rd round.
Old 2008-05-06, 14:21   Link #97
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Why almost none considers the new series? For example:

Yumemiya family Yuuka & Senko, which was already mentioned as Gin-clone, are moe by general standards, plus Kyouran Kazoku is pretty funny and I hope popular.

Also Raimei, who looks like and to some extent acts like Eri Sawachika, should be pretty popular (from Nabari no Ou).

I also liked Chiaki from Shigofumi.

Horo I think is already mentioned from Ookami.

All of Bamboo Blade Blade & Minami-ke girls should faire well.

Bell is also one of my top picks from Night Wizard.

CHIHARU!!! from ef, though I think SHAFT will draw much hate as does KyoAni, though for different reasons.

Why not take them into account, most of them are fresh and some reminiscent of old, but not competing, strong contesters.
Old 2008-05-06, 18:33   Link #98
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Then the Nanoha legion needs to organize as well. MAL already has 450+MSLN club members, need to find that MSLN mailing list.

Hopefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Why almost none considers the new series? For example:
Because a series needs popularity and moe characters to do well. We don't know how popular newer series are, so it's hard to tell.
Quote:
Yumemiya family Yuuka & Senko, which was already mentioned as Gin-clone, are moe by general standards, plus Kyouran Kazoku is pretty funny and I hope popular.
Again, it might draw Studio Nomad voters who don't have Rozen Maiden to vote for anymore.
Otherwise, I'm not quite sure if it'll do well.
Quote:
Also Raimei, who looks like and to some extent acts like Eri Sawachika, should be pretty popular (from Nabari no Ou).
hmm, J.C. Staff also gave us Shana (who does better in Korean Best than SaiMoe) and Louise (who took 5th place last year). Raimei doesn't really feel moe to me though, especially because she's in a shounen action series, but hopefully, J.C. Staff can do something with her.
I still think Miharu is a moe god though.
Quote:
I also liked Chiaki from Shigofumi.
Eh, she's a loli queen (she's 20+ and looks what, 12?), but aside from that, I don't think she has much chance in a moe contest.
Quote:
Horo I think is already mentioned from Ookami.
Horo will probably do pretty well depending on how popular Spice and Wolf is in Japan.
Quote:
All of Bamboo Blade Blade & Minami-ke girls should faire well.
ehhh.
Sure.
Quote:
Bell is also one of my top picks from Night Wizard.
Night Wizard isn't really popular enough to get anywhere in SaiMoe.
Quote:
CHIHARU!!! from ef, though I think SHAFT will draw much hate as does KyoAni, though for different reasons.
uh, Chihiro?
She actually might get somewhere, since she was pretty popular during the ISML nomination rounds, and ef is much less popular outside of Japan.

EDIT: Who is this Gin-sama clone I keep hearing about?
Do want!

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-05-06 at 23:37.
Old 2008-05-07, 00:02   Link #99
wontaek

Quote:

Yes there is, but the number is in hundreds, not thousands like Hitman Reborn, Gintama, and Code Geass. The problems with MSLN in Korea is that they just can't seem to overcome their real arch-nemesis, Shana.
Old 2008-05-07, 00:04   Link #100
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
EDIT: Who is this Gin-sama clone I keep hearing about?
Do want!
Didn't I tell you to watch episode three of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki?
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe