AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-15, 22:47   Link #41
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
I can only imagine a Gundam equip with Wing of Light,nuclear reactor & Mirage Colloid.That gundam will dominate a battlefield.
That mobile suit right there, is the ZGMF-X42S Destiny. It uses a ultracompact hyper deuterion nuclear reactor and its wings of light use both the Voiture Lumiere and Mirage Colloid. Source: Here
Quote:
IAnyway did IJustice has somekind of special engine, IJustice easily dodge Destiny attack.That means IJustice speed is equal to Destiny.
If you mean the final fight between Athrun and Shinn, Shinn Pretty much carged head on a the IJ, and Athrun was more than a competant pilot. The Wings of Light help it travel faster not move its limbs faster, so the close combat at the end isn't as off as you might think.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:54   Link #42
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Won't it need a good weapon as well

*Someone steal Wing Zero's buster rifle or Turn-A weapons
The M2000GX high-energy long-range beam cannon is a good enough weapon, for CE anyways.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:00   Link #43
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Anyway did IJustice has somekind of special engine, IJustice easily dodge Destiny attack.That means IJustice speed is equal to Destiny.

I can only imagine a Gundam equip with Wing of Light,nuclear reactor & Mirage Colloid.That gundam will dominate a battlefield.
Speed itself doesn't win wars and Destiny's speed is partly an illusion, because it uses the Mirage Colloid gas to form illusions to make it look faster than it actually is.

Engine doesn't determine speed and being able to dodge attacks doesn't attribute fully to speed, its more of the pilot's capability. Athrun is a good pilot and with SEED, he should be able to dodge very well with IJ's capabilities.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 04:16   Link #44
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
That not what i meant,I talk about a gundam that use Mirage Colloid for stealth like Blitz that can turn invisible. It would give a pilot a advantage in combat like Astray Gold Frame when Rondo vs Lowe.

Imagine a Blitz gundam like equip with nuclear engine,MColloid & Win of light.Does it stealth or camo stay on longer with nuclear engine?
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 04:20   Link #45
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually I think I shouldn't have quoted the last line, I just wanted to say IJ's engine or speed isn't the main factor that allow Athrun to dodge Destiny's attack. It is Athrun's skill.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 04:22   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
That not what i meant,I talk about a gundam that use Mirage Colloid for stealth like Blitz that can turn invisible. It would give a pilot a advantage in combat like Astray Gold Frame when Rondo vs Lowe.

Imagine a Blitz gundam like equip with nuclear engine,MColloid & Win of light.Does it stealth or camo stay on longer with nuclear engine?
The N Dagger Ns are mass-produced mobile suits based off of the Blitz Gundam, and are equipped with nuclear reactors and N-Jammer Cancelers. But a Voiture Lumiere system would kinda defeat the purpose of the Mirage Colloid cloaking system, don't you think?
Old 2008-10-16, 07:50   Link #47
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
But once you combine the Hyperior Gundam's Armure Lumiere system with the nuclear reactor and N-Jammer Canceler...
Well, Canard did place a N-Jammer Canceller on to his Hyperion unit. But DRAGOON is still a weakness. As well as a powerful-ass sword. ..

Quote:
It is unstoppable,but Prayer use Dragoon to beat Canard. Ahh...that Armure Lumiere weakness,use Dragoon.

Anyway did IJustice has somekind of special engine, IJustice easily dodge Destiny attack.That means IJustice speed is equal to Destiny.

Yes, the Destiny uses the Wings of Light, which spreads Mirage Colloid particles to confuse its opponent in a dogfight. That is why you see Shinn flying around and it is like there were multiple copies of Destiny.

And no, the Voitere Lumiere is a propulsion system, it does not disrupt the Mirage Colloid particles. But a Gundam that can disappear and has Wings of Light? That is basically Deathscythe Hell Gundam with a light display on its back.

Rather than being invisible, I would prefer to have a mobile suit that does not give the enemy the chance to see you, if you catch my drift. . .

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 11:17   Link #48
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Does Astray Gold Frame ever use Nuclear reactor? Some people say it does use that kind of reactor.

I've seen Dom Trooper from GSD,seems like it release some kind of particle when it goes "Jet Stream Attack". Is it Mirage Colloid or something else?

Before the release of GSD,I was hoping for Duel & Buster comeback but instead Yzak & Dearka use ZAKU & GOUF. ZAFT should upgrade it like what EA did. Put new battery like Impulse use & make it better than EA Blu Duel & Verde Buster.
Anyway Mudie Holcroft sucks,for get killed by Kerberos Bucue Hound.

Rosso Aegis & Nero Blitz, this MS rocks!!!!
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 20:18   Link #49
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Does anyone know what happened to the Albion after 0083?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 12:17   Link #50
miles316

Smile Abion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the Albion after 0083?
At the end of 0083 the Albion was severely damaged it may have been scraped. What I have learned online Captain Synapse the captain of Albion was executed for mutiny and scapegoated for the failure to stop the colony drop. Plus to cover the brass higher up in the chain of command that calibrated with the AXIS forces. The Federation may have mothballed Albion permanently but it is gust a guess.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 02:09   Link #51
xytrix

Spoiler for Double O's Twin Drive System:
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 03:07   Link #52
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ Already posted in the 00 Mecha thread

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 02:16   Link #53
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I've been thinking about something for a while that's been confusing me, maybe someone can shed some light on this...

Going by Zeon designs, How exactly does a monoeye provide different angles of vision? By which, I mean that many cockpits in the One Year War had three screens, foreward, left, and right. Do you think the monoeye was a kind of panoramic lens, or could it have other methods of providing video to the other screens?

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 04:28   Link #54
Hellbore

Your idea is a good one. Also the mono-eye could swivel across the opening in the head.
Old 2008-11-19, 06:38   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I've been thinking about something for a while that's been confusing me, maybe someone can shed some light on this...

Going by Zeon designs, How exactly does a monoeye provide different angles of vision? By which, I mean that many cockpits in the One Year War had three screens, foreward, left, and right. Do you think the monoeye was a kind of panoramic lens, or could it have other methods of providing video to the other screens?
I though the general opinion was that there are actually far more cameras on an MS than just on the head? It's just that most of the processing computers of the visual data ended up on the head, as such if you take out the head the whole mecha goes blind?

I had also always assumed that the "eye" was just a far more advanced camera that would be too expensive to have more than one of. Like having something that can see multiple light spectrum's and aid weapon/target tracking. One of the reasons only Gundams in UC have two eyes is that it cost too much to have two eyes in a GM.
Old 2008-11-19, 21:22   Link #56
miles316

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I though the general opinion was that there are actually far more cameras on an MS than just on the head? It's just that most of the processing computers of the visual data ended up on the head, as such if you take out the head the whole mecha goes blind?

I had also always assumed that the "eye" was just a far more advanced camera that would be too expensive to have more than one of. Like having something that can see multiple light spectrum's and aid weapon/target tracking. One of the reasons only Gundams in UC have two eyes is that it cost too much to have two eyes in a GM.
Gundams generally have three main cameras the two eyes and a third on the fore head they are the main targeting system for the weapons. The GM mobile suits in the UC universe from what I have heard are the same type as the ZAKU Zion units but the Federation not wanting their main unit to look like the enemy's suit so had a visor added to the design to cover it. The mono eye was simpler and cheaper to maintain even though it had less sensory acuity.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 23:22   Link #57
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Question: Was there anything Zeon could have done differently (outside of manufacturing more suits earlier) to win the battle of "Al Baou Que", or was it a lost cause?
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 23:31   Link #58
justavisitor

if Zeon's ms had vulcan gun installed, they would have won the whole war a long time ago already. Amuro used vulcan to fend off zaku in the first episode.

In Char's counterattack, even Bright's son used vulcan gun to get the first kill.

Seriously, why Zeon keeps refusing to install vulcan gun in the head is beyond belief. It's a perfect weapon for defensive purpose and offensive purpose. Especially considering that Zeon's pilot are all newbies in the later episodes, vulcan should be installed to help those newbies.

So if you ask me, I would say it's vulcan gun that makes the difference
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 09:25   Link #59
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
if Zeon's ms had vulcan gun installed, they would have won the whole war a long time ago already. Amuro used vulcan to fend off zaku in the first episode.

In Char's counterattack, even Bright's son used vulcan gun to get the first kill.

Seriously, why Zeon keeps refusing to install vulcan gun in the head is beyond belief. It's a perfect weapon for defensive purpose and offensive purpose. Especially considering that Zeon's pilot are all newbies in the later episodes, vulcan should be installed to help those newbies.

So if you ask me, I would say it's vulcan gun that makes the difference
The Zaku uses cracker grenades as opposed to the GM's vulcans. Considering that the RX-78 Gundam can have an one-on-one clash with the Zeong, it is obvious that it only takes vulcan for Amuro to take out ordinary Zaku at ease.

The vulcans are not very powerful and not very useful in actual battle. Considering that the creators of Gundam had made tons of Gundam-related games, people can actually realize how uneffective vulcans are in actual battle, unless it is used by the legendary Amuro Rey.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 10:41   Link #60
justavisitor

But on the other hand, zaku can have vulcan gun to fight GM. Of course it's not good enough to fight gundam, but it should have no problem fending off GM because the armour is a lot weaker.

About the game, well gundam:crossfire (target in sight) in ps3 portrays the different perspective XD....I actually had a chance to play that game. I know many ppl say the game sucked. Anyway, in that game, vulcan helps a lot, and you will be glad you choose the EF side, just because of the vulcan gun XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote