Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-11-21, 12:52   Link #1061
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgment26 View Post
Are you kidding me? I eat baked potato with cheese (in liquid form) once almost every week. I usually top it off with tuna, mushrooms, or smoked chicken....absolutely delicious!
Well, yeah, but goat cheese?
Old 2008-11-21, 14:02   Link #1062
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

actually, yeah... baked potato with feta (goat cheese) and spinach.

Potatoes can be the platform for almost anything. There used to be a restaurant in Houston, TX called Spud-u-like that had like 60 varieties of garnished baked potatoes.

mmmmmmm.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-11-21 at 14:03. Reason: damn I can't type for s*** today...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 16:10   Link #1063
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

There is a restraunt near my area that serves many potatp dishes with certaib cheeses. I always have goat cheese, because its my new food fetish. It is quite good.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 18:02   Link #1064
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Besides, if you're a Wisconsinite.... you are morally and patriotically required to eat all kinds of cheese are you not?
Old 2008-11-21, 18:04   Link #1065
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Besides, if you're a Wisconsinite.... you are morally and patriotically required to eat all kinds of cheese are you not?
Oh, but of course.

Seriously though I recommend goat cheese to anyone who hasn't tried it.
Old 2008-11-21, 20:01   Link #1066
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

wow i didn't know potato and cheese goes down that well, i'll try some the next time i have the chance. I wonder what other foods Horo and Lawrence will introduce to me in the next season, probably lots of different types of meat hahaha.
RayzorFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 23:32   Link #1067
Blank-Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorFang View Post
wow i didn't know potato and cheese goes down that well, i'll try some the next time i have the chance. I wonder what other foods Horo and Lawrence will introduce to me in the next season, probably lots of different types of meat hahaha.
Baked apples? That's ridiculous.
Old 2008-11-22, 00:04   Link #1068
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Yeah I had no idea myself . There is much to be learned about the world of food to be sure. Will probably give it a try myself some time just for the sake of the series. Know it got me eating more apples anyways.
Old 2008-11-22, 01:55   Link #1069
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Baked apples? That's ridiculous.
Yea i think i heard in the radio drama cd(sound episode of amber melancholy light novel) that Horo was looking out from her room at the foods and although i didn't understand the whole episode i picked up bits like 'yaki ringo'
Yaki as in yakisoba or yakimeshi, fried noddles or rice so i'm guessing fried/baked apples, haven't tried it before though.

@Flareknight: i seem to eating around an apple at least once a week since watching the series and will probably try out the honey preserved peaches if they end up buying it in the next season.
don't tell me if they do in the novels, i'm not up to there yet
Old 2008-11-22, 02:09   Link #1070
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Honey-soaked peaches....reminds me of canned peaches, which I haven't had in ages...*drools*

Quote:
Yea i think i heard in the radio drama cd(sound episode of amber melancholy light novel) that Horo was looking out from her room at the foods and although i didn't understand the whole episode i picked up bits like 'yaki ringo'
Yaki as in yakisoba or yakimeshi, fried noddles or rice so i'm guessing fried/baked apples, haven't tried it before though.
There's a Chinese desert consisting of apples covered in a thin layer of flour and fried, a very nice treat.

But man, all this food talk is making me hungry....
judgment26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 22:35   Link #1071
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Yea so hungry, now i always keep some beef jerky in my bag for a snack mmm i'm gonna have a piece now.

Does anyone know how many episodes of 'ookamic radio' there are i've found 8 so far but i have yet to listen to the eigth so i don't know whether its the final one

Last edited by RayzorFang; 2008-11-23 at 22:39. Reason: Need to change topic to avoid a trip to purchase the above mentioned foods
Old 2008-11-24, 09:02   Link #1072
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Yea so hungry, now i always keep some beef jerky in my bag for a snack mmm i'm gonna have a piece now.

Does anyone know how many episodes of 'ookamic radio' there are i've found 8 so far but i have yet to listen to the eigth so i don't know whether its the final one
I didn't even know there were 8. I've only found 7.
Old 2008-11-24, 19:14   Link #1073
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

the eighth one i found was on nico nico video webpage
http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/%E7%8...82%B8%E3%82%AA
the others i got from esnips
Old 2008-11-26, 06:26   Link #1074
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

finally got around to listening to it, still only perfectly understand 10% only roughly understand 50% so the last 40% i'm going off their laughter and voice pitches, so i assume this ones not the last one since Koshimizu Ami still does that 'keep listening' line in horo's voice and i don't think they mentioned it was the last one. Time to hunt for more! unless someone tells me there's only 8.
Old 2008-11-26, 11:24   Link #1075
typhonsentra

I can't believe this show hasn't been licensed yet with all the crap that companies pick up. I guess they're being overly cautious because of all the recent bombs but come on guys, I wanna give you my money!
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 22:43   Link #1076
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

i think i read on anime news network site that some of the novels were purchased for translation...
here it is: "Although a North American license for the anime has not been announced yet, Yen Press did acquire the original light novels for English translation.

Source: Moon Phase

Image © Isuna Hasekura/ASCII MediaWorks/Spice and Wolf Production Committee

Update: Kadokawa Pictures USA did acquire an in-house license for the first Spice and Wolf anime season in North America, but no distributor has been announced yet. Thanks, Kit-Tsukasa."
Old 2008-11-27, 21:01   Link #1077
typhonsentra

Yeah I know. I really want the show though so I can introduce it to some people who refuse to watch subtitled shows.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 22:57   Link #1078
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

hmm i can't stand dubbed shows when i buy the dvds of anime i always put it in jap and with subtitles, something about the dubbed voices is just off, it's probably mostly due to the animation being made for japanese dialogue and also how the voice actors work individually for dubbing compared to the japanese seiyuu's working as a group.
Old 2008-11-28, 14:08   Link #1079
Blank-Mage

Besides, people like us finish the series before the dubs even come out.
Old 2008-11-28, 16:42   Link #1080
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I don't find dubs as annoying as most people seem to. If the dub is not god-aweful than I'll watch it dubbed as to avoid reading subs. It's easier for me to pay more attention to the action going on in the show.

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen