Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 23:12   Link #241
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
If Nintendo sticks with kid-friendly games then it'd going to be hard to sell me one of these.
Define "kid-friendly" for me, if you'd please. Hopefully you don't mistake "kid-friendly" with "kiddie games".
Old 2011-06-22, 00:01   Link #242
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Umm, yes? Quite a large number of people, in fact.
Not for nothing, but if Wii U opts for Netflix and whatnot, wouldn't that be more with the times? Streaming is the future. Brick and mortar is dying.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 02:44   Link #243
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
For me it'll all come down to the games, just like how it was with my purchase of a ps3 over an xbox. If Nintendo sticks with kid-friendly games then it'd going to be hard to sell me one of these.
Face it most great games were designed for kids in mind. GTA, CoD, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Soild, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, Little Big Planet, God of War, Gears of War, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Mario games and so on, all kiddy games. Non of them are realistic or serious, however they are fun to play. You can slap an "age" rating on them, but it doesn't change the fact that they are made for kids, including big kids like me and you.
If we talking about adult games, we are talking about stuff like Zumba fitness, your shape, brain training, Go, chess, EA sports active and those sorts of games. In that case you better stick with the 360 and kinect.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 07:18   Link #244
Key Board
Carbon

On another news.. Square Enix is considering to also release Dragon Quest X on the Wii U

seems like a no-brainer to me

and isn't the Wii U backwards compatible with the Wii to began with

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/22/dqx_wii_u/
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 08:34   Link #245
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Face it most great games were designed for kids in mind. GTA, CoD, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Soild, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, Little Big Planet, God of War, Gears of War, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, Mario games and so on, all kiddy games. Non of them are realistic or serious, however they are fun to play. You can slap an "age" rating on them, but it doesn't change the fact that they are made for kids, including big kids like me and you.
If we talking about adult games, we are talking about stuff like Zumba fitness, your shape, brain training, Go, chess, EA sports active and those sorts of games. In that case you better stick with the 360 and kinect.
Don't bother arguing it Sides, people think brains, splatter and smacking hookers around is adult, when we all know the true adult game is Chess.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 09:16   Link #246
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I am tired of people complaining that a game console doesn't have unrelated functionality.
Old 2011-06-22, 09:26   Link #247
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I am tired of people complaining that a game console doesn't have unrelated functionality.
Nothing wrong in that, it's called convenience and no matter what anyone says everyone likes convenience.

I used to think games consoles were just for gaming but thats changed, just like with the moblie phones. You know your getting a phone but it's really the extra features to that that will sell it(just how things are these days)
Gaming console has fallen into that as well, you know it plays games but what else can it do?

Either way I'll get a Wii U if it's game line up is any good, doubt this would be a release day purchase.
Old 2011-06-22, 15:48   Link #248
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
On another news.. Square Enix is considering to also release Dragon Quest X on the Wii U

seems like a no-brainer to me

and isn't the Wii U backwards compatible with the Wii to began with

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/22/dqx_wii_u/
Eh, I'm betting they're just going to add minor enhancements if you play it on a Wii U.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 15:59   Link #249
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I hope Dragon Quest X goes on Wii U (if it goes on the first Wii, too, that is fine). But I really want DQ X and Skyward Sword to hit Wii U for the HD resolutions. Playing them at 1080p would be great.
Old 2011-06-22, 19:41   Link #250
Tenchi Hou Take

Holy hell apple just patented multi-touch screens. That means all multi-touch screens android, windows etc are all liable to be sued by Apple. It's like patenting the words "It's cool" Why is this even legal. It's good thing Nintendo patents all of it's stuff, it appears they saw this sort of thing coming.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 02:08   Link #251
Sides

SquarEnix clarifies DQX and Wii U, source andriasang.com
To make it simple, no. No DQX for Wii U.
Old 2011-06-24, 01:20   Link #252
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
I can't believe it's not going to support DVD or bluray.

It seems like Nintendo is always behind the times.
I forgot to address this, but why the heck are you still wanting DVD or Blu-Ray? If anything, you're the one that's behind the times for that desire. The future is in streaming video and digital distribution.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:31   Link #253
Sides

Monolithsoft working on Wii U game, source andriasang.com
After delivering two sleeper hits on the Wii, it looks like Monolithsoft next project will be on the Wii U.
If you live on the (big) american island, chances are you have will miss both Wii titles, since it is kind of confirmed that Xenoblade won't make it to the american continent, and Disaster Day of Crisis, well that was like a 2008 title. To think that you guys got Baten Kaitos Origins, and we didn't...
Old 2011-06-24, 10:53   Link #254
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Has this been posted?

http://kotaku.com/5809598/whats-unde...ills-the-chips

Seems that the processor is based on the same technology as the Watson Super Computer XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 12:31   Link #255
Sides

Gearbox Producer comments on Wii U, source videogamer.com
Personally i hope that, because of it modern gpu architecture used in the next gens, we will see multiplatform games move back to the PC as lead platform. Since most engines used nowadays are scalable, it would be nice to see them using the most advanced machines for lead development and scale it down for the consoles.
Old 2011-06-24, 12:58   Link #256
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Nothing wrong in that, it's called convenience and no matter what anyone says everyone likes convenience.
I don't like this trend at all. You end up with devices that are good at their primary function, but have questionable quality for everything else. See: phone cameras. Other devices that have one of those extra features as its primary one suffer while most customers are content to have rubbish quality.

It downplays the value of dedicated devices and raises the price of multi-purpose devices.

So yes, there is something wrong with it. To get back to the subject, the Wii U would be more expensive if it was able to play DVD and/or Bluray, whether I'd actually use it to play them or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
I hope Dragon Quest X goes on Wii U (if it goes on the first Wii, too, that is fine). But I really want DQ X and Skyward Sword to hit Wii U for the HD resolutions. Playing them at 1080p would be great.
I hope it doesn't, because it means a bigger development budget due to HD graphics, making gameplay a lower priority. Being a Wii U game will also make it more expensive in stores.

Be careful what you wish for.

HD graphics are overrated anyway, if you ask me. Before the advent of HD, no one would care about graphics quality this much. Hell, no one cared about the Dreamcast's or the Xbox' superior graphical quality versus the PS2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
To make it simple, no. No DQX for Wii U.
That's not surprising. Dragon Quest always gets released on the console with the biggest user base, after all. The Wii U don't have that for years.
Old 2011-06-24, 13:16   Link #257
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
HD graphics are overrated anyway, if you ask me. Before the advent of HD, no one would care about graphics quality this much. Hell, no one cared about the Dreamcast's or the Xbox' superior graphical quality versus the PS2.
HD is a marketing gag, to lure people to get new TVs. Most people still don't get what it actually is. Most people are talking about shaders, effects and AA, but think that is is apart of HD graphics, what ever the mean with that. Put it that way if last gen had shaders like this gen, but with SD resolution, people would still be astonished by it, and the move to HD resolution would look like an insignificant step.
I think a lot of western developer were disappointed that the Wii didn't had programable shaders like modern PC gpus, preventing them to use engines they have invested in, hence lack of support.
Old 2011-06-25, 00:06   Link #258
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
HD is a marketing gag, to lure people to get new TVs. Most people still don't get what it actually is. Most people are talking about shaders, effects and AA, but think that is is apart of HD graphics, what ever the mean with that. Put it that way if last gen had shaders like this gen, but with SD resolution, people would still be astonished by it, and the move to HD resolution would look like an insignificant step.
I think a lot of western developer were disappointed that the Wii didn't had programable shaders like modern PC gpus, preventing them to use engines they have invested in, hence lack of support.
Consoles are BARELY HD. PC is where it's at if you want HD =P

Anyways, considering their track record of bringing over games that I'd actually want to play (Xenoblade, Last Story, etc), I'm pretty much going to skip the WiiU.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 16:31   Link #259
Sides

Ghost Recon Online, not retail game!, source www.nintendoworldreport.com
Looks like it will be a download title for the Wii U, Ubisoft are looking to charge something like $10 for it. For information the PC version will be free, but you can purchase items for you character, paying for virtual goods kind of thing, well that is my impression. No cross-over gaming, unfortunately.

I hope Nintendo will issue a statement soon about the storage solution, as if it will be possible to launch games directly from external storage, like USB Flash/HDD or SD cards, since the rumoured 8GB internal flash will look smallish, if more publishers decide to use DD for their non blockbuster titles.
Old 2011-07-13, 21:00   Link #260
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

First footage of, hold your horses, Killer Freaks from Outer Space.
Already wary because of the name? Well, you should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJUCw-lseI

That was just awful.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo