AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 23:05   Link #61
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"Gonna save the neighborhood. From sex!"
Old 2013-09-12, 13:38   Link #62
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
For those folks interested in the multiplayer aspect, I thought I'd share this GameInformer article. Note that while all the campaign's protagonists are male (see this Gamespot article pointing out Rockstar's explanation), multiplayer is an equal-opportunity affair, so folks wanting to create their own takes on O-ren Ishii or Revy or Shenhua can set their minds at ease.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 13:50   Link #63
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Pictures of the guide. Loving the vehicles and customization!
http://imgur.com/a/v65rG
Old 2013-09-12, 21:21   Link #64
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
For those folks interested in the multiplayer aspect, I thought I'd share this GameInformer article. Note that while all the campaign's protagonists are male (see this Gamespot article pointing out Rockstar's explanation), multiplayer is an equal-opportunity affair, so folks wanting to create their own takes on O-ren Ishii or Revy or Shenhua can set their minds at ease.
I...I never even considered that
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 00:29   Link #65
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I...I never even considered that :eek:
The biggest hurdle, in terms of mechanics, would be how dual-wielding is implemented. Perhaps it should be an option if you find a duplicate of, for instance, a pistol you're already using (i.e. pick up the duplicate to dual-wield - I think Halo 2 and onwards do this), from which point the pistol position on the weapon wheel (borrowed from Saints Row - and likely other games - purely for demonstrative purposes) toggles between single- and dual-wield. Naturally, while dual-wielding increases your effective ROF, that comes at the cost of fine-aim (iron sights).

By way of contrast, San Andreas has certain weapons automatically pair when you max their skill level. Speaking of which, I hope the basic-but-fun (and effective) stealth mechanics come back for this go-round; bonus points if the disguise functionality that showed up only in Vice City makes an encore appearance too... ideally cherried with the vehicle-disguise mechanic from Mercenaries.

Consider the following scenario as an example of practical application: you and two friends have pulled off a heist, but things got loud and now you have Los Santos' finest on your collective sixes. But the fourth man is waiting with an ambulance stashed somewhere out of casual view, so if the three of you can get out of the police's line of sight and board the ambulance, you could drive with impunity to the drop point provided everyone stays cool.
Old 2013-09-13, 00:55   Link #66
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Does anyone here know if there will be any DLC storylines, like there were for GTA IV?

(I'm referring to Gay Tony & Lost and Damned)
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 01:09   Link #67
Xagzan

Quote:
The biggest hurdle, in terms of mechanics, would be how dual-wielding is implemented. Perhaps it should be an option if you find a duplicate of, for instance, a pistol you're already using (i.e. pick up the duplicate to dual-wield - I think Halo 2 and onwards do this), from which point the pistol position on the weapon wheel (borrowed from Saints Row - and likely other games - purely for demonstrative purposes) toggles between single- and dual-wield. Naturally, while dual-wielding increases your effective ROF, that comes at the cost of fine-aim (iron sights).

By way of contrast, San Andreas has certain weapons automatically pair when you max their skill level. Speaking of which, I hope the basic-but-fun (and effective) stealth mechanics come back for this go-round; bonus points if the disguise functionality that showed up only in Vice City makes an encore appearance too... ideally cherried with the vehicle-disguise mechanic from Mercenaries.

Consider the following scenario as an example of practical application: you and two friends have pulled off a heist, but things got loud and now you have Los Santos' finest on your collective sixes. But the fourth man is waiting with an ambulance stashed somewhere out of casual view, so if the three of you can get out of the police's line of sight and board the ambulance, you could drive with impunity to the drop point provided everyone stays cool.
...I actually just meant how cool it'd be to see a Revy-like female character in GTA, but yeah, what you said is neat too.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 06:57   Link #68
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Click here for some leaked gifs!
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 11:35   Link #69
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

:O the game will have seasons?! asweeet I hope its in Online too.
Old 2013-09-14, 12:47   Link #70
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Lol, the links are all dead. Hopefully I didnt miss anything important.
Old 2013-09-15, 13:52   Link #71
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
:O the game will have seasons?! asweeet I hope its in Online too.
not seasons.
Spoiler for actually:
Old 2013-09-15, 15:49   Link #72
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
I regret clicking that link. Too many retards in the comments section..ugh.

Anyone know when they will release this for the PC ?
Old 2013-09-15, 19:36   Link #73
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Anyone know when they will release this for the PC ?
That's what I'm thinking about after seeing the preview vids, but I hope it shouldn't be like how Gears of War 2 went console exclusive for IP protection.

Having modded my current Skyrim installation to the point of near-photographic quality (despite my PC being supposedly low-spec), to see this GTA on the PC but tweaked with more custom-made improvements -- and a graphical post-processor called ENB -- would be mindblowing. Another advantage of a PC version is that not only it'll be modifiable, but can also take advantage of high-end/high-memory systems and multicore processors, to do more and beyond the capabilities of current-gen consoles -- and that'll translate to more replay value (had Skyrim were not modifiable I would've dropped the game out of boredom).

Unfortunately, as this game now has a multiplayer component, the chances of a PC version seems remote because by making it console-only, cheating and hacking is nearly eliminated.
Old 2013-09-15, 19:50   Link #74
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I regret clicking that link. Too many retards in the comments section..ugh.
Yes, as annoying as such... persons are, I assure you they are nowhere as vile as the sorts that seem to flock to articles about Google Glass and its ilk. Apparently those retards think assault and battery is an acceptable response for simply wearing the device in their presence..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
That's what I'm thinking about after seeing the preview vids, but I hope it shouldn't be like how Gears of War 2 went console exclusive for IP protection...

Unfortunately, as this game now has a multiplayer component, the chances of a PC version seems remote because by making it console-only, cheating and hacking is nearly eliminated.
I've always thought that a poor excuse. To the best of my knowledge, TF2 isn't exactly rife with such honorless types, now is it? Valve is likely doing something right there.
Old 2013-09-15, 20:12   Link #75
sa547
*Author

Anyway, the GTA series are more easily played with a controller than a keyboard and mouse (tried playing San Andreas on the PC with it, but found it difficult so I had to plug in a USB controller and map the buttons).
Old 2013-09-16, 00:53   Link #76
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Its almost certain to assume a pc version is coming, its likely to come when the next console gen versions are announced, there was already that article nvidia published, and if we go by what it took for IV to come to pc it should be coming by next spring.
Old 2013-09-16, 14:27   Link #77
Tiberium Wolf

History of grand theft

Hey ppl! You should check Danny vid in gamespot... really hillarious!
Old 2013-09-16, 18:48   Link #78
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Not sure if Rockstar made any changes regarding this, haven't been up to date with this.
I just have to wonder, how many people (not the ones on the forum) realize that multiplayer won't be available until two weeks after the game is out.

Cause I know there are a lot of gamers that just play games strictly for the multiplayer, and won't even bother to play the single player. No matter even if they are told or heard that the game was great.

But at least it will force gamers to play the single player, just to get how the game play works, when multiplayer becomes available. I know that some people will complain about this, cause they were either not aware of it or not informed.

But for me I play single player first (cause that's why I bought the game for) and then get into the multiplayer with friends later.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:52   Link #79
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
why dont u add me when time comes psn account pierro_a plz add me we could play online together
Old 2013-09-16, 19:10   Link #80
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowification View Post
why dont u add me when time comes psn account pierro_a plz add me we could play online together
I would have gladly accepted that offer if my PlayStation 3 was still in my possession. Won't be getting that back until November or December, brothers playing it for the time being, we go through rotations with it. I'll have to go with the 360 version at the moment and plus I don't mind playing it again on the PlayStation 3, and I could get later at as a gift if I play my cards right.

But when I get it again I'll add you and play when that time comes. Don't really have computer at the moment using my phone and its not the best thing in the world.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote