AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-06, 21:48   Link #1421
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
This is hilarious

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-06, 21:49   Link #1422
Kirarakim

It's probably for the best. A Kyoani anime aimed at a female audience, that might have been a sign of the apocalypse.

But who knows if this commercial makes a big enough splash in Japan perhaps they will develop something for that audience in the future.
Old 2013-03-06, 21:49   Link #1423
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
You could pretty much tell it was just a KyoAni CM right off the bat. Nice to have solid evidence though. I knew it was too good to be true. ;___;
Dammn....

Anyway, what are they supposed to be advertising?
Old 2013-03-06, 21:53   Link #1424
rulfo

They're advertising their studio.

They've done this a couple of times already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Wow, even Kigami... that's some lineup.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kigami's cut was the first one. IIRC correct he did the scene with Mayaka, Eru, and Satoshi playing around in the pool. The water dynamics do remind me of that.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:25   Link #1425
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Basically, once KyoAni started to put more money into the production committee and help purchase timeslots, they could start to air CMs for their company during said timeslots. (my speculation) This allowed them to pursue creative ideas that wouldn't take up nearly the same production time that an actual show/movie/OVA would. It's just a way for them to be creative and show off their skills w/o any harm done. (/speculation)

It'd also be a way to promote things like the Beyond the Boundary LN, or their online shop. Plus, they get a lot of promotion out of some of these, so it's worthwhile for that alone.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-06, 22:36   Link #1426
Kakkou
Tch.

Except in this case Animation Do making a deal out of producing the CM without actually mentioning what it was back then created false hopes in the hearts of many and now we're left with a lot of fangirls needing a proper anime of it in their life.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:40   Link #1427
Warm Mist

Speaking about promoting themselves and all that, I wonder if the Hattas only have a good connection with Kadokawa, but to my understanding they've always been working for mostly two companies, or am I wrong? Let's say, they never adapted a Kodansha or DengekiB thing, or they never made anything with Aniplex backing them. Does that have a particular reason of any sort?
Old 2013-03-06, 22:59   Link #1428
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Speaking about promoting themselves and all that, I wonder if the Hattas only have a good connection with Kadokawa, but to my understanding they've always been working for mostly two companies, or am I wrong? Let's say, they never adapted a Kodansha or DengekiB thing, or they never made anything with Aniplex backing them. Does that have a particular reason or any sort?
Anime production is all about who you know. Itou P (from Kadokawa) has always been their person heading to KyoAni since day 1 (and helped push Munto into a TV series/movie). The other big person from Kadokawa is Takeshi Yasuda (who's helping with Miyakawa-ke's Hunger). On the other side, you had Nakayama/Nakamura from TBS who helped with the Key series/K-On!. (I can't find anyone from Pony Canyon at the moment on the Key side).

Hideaki Hatta has been on the producers for everything they've done from Kadokawa, so he's the one that has the good relationships with them. The TBS producers have worked with Yoko Hatta. They do have an in with Aniplex regarding Kozue Kananiwa, who was a producer with Movic and has worked with several Aniplex titles.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2013-03-07, 00:59   Link #1429
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Spoiler for video:

So after years and years of moe pandering for a male audience, kyoani decides to pander to the other side (aka female audience with sparkly bishies)?

I must admit I lold hard. Those abs man, lmao.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:14   Link #1430
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

It really does sound like the beginning of the apocalypse. If KyoAni does pursue the fujoshi business while continuing the moe one . . . . oh god.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:18   Link #1431
ZriviziMochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post

So after years and years of moe pandering for a male audience, kyoani decides to pander to the other side (aka female audience with sparkly bishies)?

I must admit I lold hard. Those abs man, lmao.
You think that most people who likes KyoAni's works are dominated by male audience who only loves moe, not the actual story, animation or the characters?

So shallow minded...It's just KyoAni's art style

Back to the topic, that CM looks really good and absolutely screams fangirls
But, I don't mind if it actually turned into an anime
Old 2013-03-07, 02:14   Link #1432
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
It really does sound like the beginning of the apocalypse. If KyoAni does pursue the fujoshi business while continuing the moe one . . . . oh god.
Well if this really gets pushed and becomes successful, I can see this becoming their new trend. Though I can't guarantee myself that I can stick with them anymore.

On the other hand, this might spark the KyoAni and Animation Do production side by side. Each studios catering to different demographs. But then again, I think if this is the case, we'll be seeing these two separate each other down the line because of different ideals.
Old 2013-03-07, 02:43   Link #1433
Sumeragi
Banned

My basic reaction so far:

Old 2013-03-07, 03:19   Link #1434
brocko

While just a commercial now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if something similar to this popped up later in the future by them. The Fujoshi market I feel has yet to be fully tapped into still.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-03-07, 04:50   Link #1435
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's kinda funny for the sheer irony of it.

Sadly, I think they currently draw guys better then their female characters... Well, moving on.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-03-07, 05:44   Link #1436
Skane
Anime Snark

Have people forgetton how ripped the guys in Munto were? Or Sagara? Or Kyon? Or even Oreki recently ("I'm so lazy, but still have a six-pack... because I was too lazy to get fat.")? They have always been drawing guys in peak physical shape... it just rarely garners attention.

Old 2013-03-07, 06:55   Link #1437
brocko

Because they ain't always half naked nor are there ever four of them on screen at once

Hell, have they ever made a show with at least four fairly important main male characters? For a supposedly female majority studio, they don't seem to pander to themselves very often lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2013-03-07, 10:51   Link #1438
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How's the reception for that commercial in Japan? If people are crazy over there too, then they might consider turning it into a full-fledged series. Then again, I seem to recall people went crazy over the previous commercials as well... though not as much as for this one.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:06   Link #1439
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How's the reception for that commercial in Japan? If people are crazy over there too, then they might consider turning it into a full-fledged series. Then again, I seem to recall people went crazy over the previous commercials as well... though not as much as for this one.
Going by the threads in /a/ yesterday, it caused quite a commotion in yaraon leading to over 1.1k posts in just a short while and that's a fact.

However regarding whether positive or not leaves me still in doubt. I dunno whether to take it serious or not.

On a side note this was trending in twitter as well.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:25   Link #1440
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
However regarding whether positive or not leaves me still in doubt. I dunno whether to take it serious or not.

On a side note this was trending in twitter as well.
On Yaraon apparently the reaction has been pretty negative, but then that is not exactly the audience Kyoani was probably going for with this ad.

I'd be more interested to know what the fujoshi over there think of this.

Tags
studios