AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-05-22, 12:01   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Steins;Gate 0, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-05-23, 11:30   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, they made the most logical choice for this episode, although I'm not exactly sure why they changed the setup of few scenes (mostly locations). I still wish the director could replicate the original anime direction, because the cliffhanger was kind of flat in its execution.

In any case, definitely looking forwards to episode 8.
Old 2018-05-23, 12:32   Link #3
MCAL

Reminder to watch after the credits. There's another scene.
Old 2018-05-23, 13:51   Link #4
EroKing

Reading Steiner activates, Okabe gets thrown into another timeline and finally... HOLY SHIT

Old 2018-05-23, 13:54   Link #5
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Dayu future wife is the biker chick...
Old 2018-05-23, 13:56   Link #6
Kakurin
大佐

Holy crap. As if Reading Steiner activating was not enough, that curveball at the end...

Oh, and almost going under with that end, Amane Yuki's injury is suspicious. I'm undecided on whether it's a smokescreen to throw the viewer's off, or if she's indeed connected to it all.
Old 2018-05-23, 14:06   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I realized why I felt underwhelmed by the cliffhanger: they should have skipped the ending and gave a longer transition with Okarin realizing the connection between the unknown raiders, amadeus and the actual world line shift.
But I think I'm still not exactly convinced by the utter lack of camera work in SG0 compared to the original.
Old 2018-05-23, 14:41   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah skipping the ED and extending the scene a bit more would have been nice.

Still, a pretty eventful episode. And then the way it wrapped up...Oh boy things are getting crazier. Whether he liked it or not, the world line was changed and he's been swept up in it. Although likely a smaller change happened anyways a few episodes ago.

So was Amadeus hijacked and then used to create a time machine? Either way it appears Kurisu is back in it! Of course the downside to that is very serious. If they slid things back to the path that leads to Mayuri's death then things could get pretty bad.

Some weirdness to be sure. Will say that during the attack they didn't actually kill anyone. It appeared they were willing to take Kagari and leave. The injury to Yuki is obviously implying she's part of them (though coincidence and misdirection is possible). Presuming Daru's future wife isn't evil it might mean they are part of some resistance faction and are trying to recover Kagari for non-nefarious purposes. Or at least Yuki believes that group isn't evil and thus was willing to scare the hell out of her friends. At this point I have no idea.

Kind of unfortunate Okabe spent all that time trying to secure Kagari's protection and yet things get shifted around anyways .
Old 2018-05-23, 17:32   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What an episode! As I thought, the people raiding the lab weren't the rounders, but most likely Leskinen's people. Yuki was strongly implied to be the biker chick, which I suppose is possible. Mother vs daughter makes for good drama.

Pretty ballsy of Okabe to approach Mr. Braun, but that was most likely the right choice.

I had been spoiled about Kurisu being in the game so the ending didn't come as that much of a surprise to me, but I'm still confused. Okabe is still wearing his "mourning clothes" which I assume is because Mayuri is dead in this worldline, but that can't be the Alpha worldline because Kurisu should have been abducted by SERN six months ago. New worldline, or is it still Alpha with Kurisu's abduction having been postponed by Okabe somehow?
Old 2018-05-23, 19:03   Link #10
Wandering Soul

That is quite the way to end the episode. Talk about unfair cliffhangers.

It was pretty clear that the attackers couldn't be SERN as they lack a motive in this timeline. Instead Braun has become ally. So the attackers were most likely Leskinen's group.

Yuki is being hinted to be the biker girl, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not she's a red herring.
Old 2018-05-23, 19:04   Link #11
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

This is faster than i thought!!!
Shit i can't stop crying...
Old 2018-05-23, 23:43   Link #12
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yuki was strongly implied to be the biker chick, which I suppose is possible. Mother vs daughter makes for good drama.
I have my doubts. It was made too obvious, as if they want the viewers to think that Yuki was the biker person. My bet is still on Reyes.
Old 2018-05-24, 02:26   Link #13
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I had been spoiled about Kurisu being in the game so the ending didn't come as that much of a surprise to me, but I'm still confused. Okabe is still wearing his "mourning clothes" which I assume is because Mayuri is dead in this worldline, but that can't be the Alpha worldline because Kurisu should have been abducted by SERN six months ago. New worldline, or is it still Alpha with Kurisu's abduction having been postponed by Okabe somehow?
I'm assuming it's just the outfit he always wears. "Black Okarin" is just him without the lab coat.
Old 2018-05-24, 05:26   Link #14
moridin84
Custom User Title

This is the second time it happened when he was on the phone with Amadeus, does that mean it's working like the time leap machine?

Kurisu being alive again is certainly a surprise. I was assuming that Amadeus was her replacement for the entire thing.

I guess this means that we've switched to another world line? Neither alpha or beta I imagine.

It's likely that we won't see Amadeus and Kurisu within the same world line. Unless Amadeus's presence was supposed to hide that Kurisu comes back to life, we are probably going to be switch world lines more.

The idea that Okabe is going to switching back and forth between world lines where Kurisu is alive and ones where she is dead isn't really pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
I have my doubts. It was made too obvious, as if they want the viewers to think that Yuki was the biker person. My bet is still on Reyes.
I've gone the "too obvious" route before...
Old 2018-05-24, 12:03   Link #15
pervypig

wow, time flipped, but is the date correct? If Kurisu is alive, Amadeus won't be existing, then there should be no way for Dr loli-baba to come in contact with Okabe either.
Old 2018-05-24, 12:08   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Amadeus was created before Kurisu went to Japan for the seminar. Her being alive and Amadeus existing aren't mutually exclusive.

Also, remember that when a world line shift occurs, the date doesn't change. When Okarin's reading steiner activates, it only means his memories will overwrite the Okarin of the new world line. It doesn't magically rewind time or anything.
Old 2018-05-24, 14:16   Link #17
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Also, remember that when a world line shift occurs, the date doesn't change. When Okarin's reading steiner activates, it only means his memories will overwrite the Okarin of the new world line. It doesn't magically rewind time or anything.
So you are saying that Rintaro didn't time leaped or anything but simply experienced the change as someone else modified the past?

Old 2018-05-24, 14:21   Link #18
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The scene was definitely a world line shift because of the fact Kurisu is alive in the lab (in the beta world line, Kurisu never encountered Okarin except when she was stabbed), the divergence meter screen and Okarin recognizing the reading steiner effect.

Following this, I reminded the usual phenomenom when it comes to world line shift, which was thoroughly exposed in the original series, but past that, I didn't confirm anything else.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-05-24 at 14:40.
Old 2018-05-26, 06:29   Link #19
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah skipping the ED and extending the scene a bit more would have been nice.

Still, a pretty eventful episode. And then the way it wrapped up...Oh boy things are getting crazier. Whether he liked it or not, the world line was changed and he's been swept up in it. Although likely a smaller change happened anyways a few episodes ago.

So was Amadeus hijacked and then used to create a time machine? Either way it appears Kurisu is back in it! Of course the downside to that is very serious. If they slid things back to the path that leads to Mayuri's death then things could get pretty bad.
Imho what happened, I will go into detail a bit more below the next quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
That is quite the way to end the episode. Talk about unfair cliffhangers.

It was pretty clear that the attackers couldn't be SERN as they lack a motive in this timeline. Instead Braun has become ally. So the attackers were most likely Leskinen's group.

Yuki is being hinted to be the biker girl, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not she's a red herring.
Mr Braun was never really Okarin's enemy to begin with.
To me it always seemed like Mr Braun tried to reform Okarin and Darou in one way or another. He didn't really feel that hostile, even when he was.
The only instances where he imho gives of a slight hint of enmity is when Nae is involved.

That being said the rounders aren't Okarin's allies either. Mr Braun is just using his status as their commander to make sure nothing happens to Nae.

Imho, and now I'm back to Amadeus being used for the time machine, they helped recover Amadeus and instead of giving it back gave it to SERN. Hence, the time machine was born, and they used their time travel to create a world line where Kurisu was still alive, as she'd be easier to work with than Amadeus.

To me this seems like a gamma line btw.
I.e. one where he stopped trying to rescue Mayuri and instead opted for Kurisu.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-05-26, 06:31   Link #20
Applehell

Damn, choreography in that fight was lousy.

Anyway, I'm glad expectations were subverted this time around. Though I have question if SERN is really behind this if Braun and Moeka are not involved. There is no reason not use them otherwise especially since they are in best position to forfill the objective of napping Kagari.

Speaking of worldline hopping I wonder if Okabe's phone and his connection with Amadeus is causing this. It's very strange this all happening without the phonewave or something similar triggering it. Unlike in first season Okabe has no control over this at all and he's just now randomly jumping which makes near impossible to even fix anything whether he wants to or not.
Closed Thread