00 Raiser
sinanju
strike freedom
Exia
infinite justice
destiny
sazabi
nu gundam

Sinanju, OO Raiser and exia are priority. But i am waiting for sinanju's ova version to arrive. if i buy exia's normal version, can i make the ignition mode gimmick using 3rd party led lights?
Old 2011-04-30, 03:04   Link #20403
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Is this MG MKII?
yup, MG 2.0

Quote:
I am thinking of buying following MGs:-
00 Raiser
sinanju
strike freedom
Exia
infinite justice
destiny
sazabi
nu gundam

Sinanju, OO Raiser and exia are priority. But i am waiting for sinanju's ova version to arrive. if i buy exia's normal version, can i make the ignition mode gimmick using 3rd party led lights?
as far as i know those are all really good kits (except for the OO raiser, i dont know about that one for obvious reasons) ^^ however, i doubt that there will be an OVA version of the sinanju because the design is pretty much the same as the ver.ka version so i would go with that (plus its an awesome model, i have it myself).

about exia, i think that should be possible. as far as i know the regular MG exia is identical to the ignition mode exia

Last edited by Appel; 2011-04-30 at 03:23.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 03:52   Link #20404
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

I've got a question, i'm interested in buying Gundam models(never bought them before) but only MG Exia Ignition mode and MG 00 Qan[t] and I just want to know what size are they, in terms of centimeters/inches. Thanks in advance!
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 04:09   Link #20405
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariq View Post
I've got a question, i'm interested in buying Gundam models(never bought them before) but only MG Exia Ignition mode and MG 00 Qan[t] and I just want to know what size are they, in terms of centimeters/inches. Thanks in advance!
i own both kits myself and just checked the height, they are about 18cm tall.
master grade models are always scale models. exia and OO qan[t] are both 18 meters tall and master grades are 1/100 scale. that way you always know how tall a model will probably be^^
Old 2011-04-30, 10:14   Link #20406
Appel

the MH OO raiser will be released on may 26th according to gundamguy:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...raiser_30.html

oh man... still one more month >_>
Old 2011-04-30, 10:22   Link #20407
kakakka

Still the weight issues huh
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:42   Link #20408
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Still the weight issues huh
since the GN sword III is resting on the ground in all shots i really dont have a lot of faith that it can be posed very well...
Old 2011-04-30, 10:48   Link #20409
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
since the GN sword III is resting on the ground in all shots i really dont have a lot of faith that it can be posed very well...
Not all of the shots, and in this one it even has the beam blade gimmick attached.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:52   Link #20410
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not all of the shots, and in this one it even has the beam blade gimmick attached.
they did the same thing with the new wing gundam EW and i still havent found a way to make it hold the buster rifle :P but the OO raiser has probably pegs in the hand to secure the weapons... we will see^^
Old 2011-04-30, 10:53   Link #20411
Critias

Quote:
I am thinking of buying following MGs:-
00 Raiser
sinanju
strike freedom
Exia
infinite justice
destiny
sazabi
nu gundam

regarding 3rd party LED lights: I actually own a few of them to stick in all my MG Exia's, so the answer is yes. BUT...keep in mind that 3rd party ones will be as optimal as the ones that Bandai provides. For example, from personal experience, some LEDs won't be an exact fit (you kind of have to force them into the GN Drives) and some will be even be a different shade of green (not cosmetically good if you intend to use them for MS's that have 2 Drives, such as the future 00 Raiser).
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:57   Link #20412
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
@Critias: Thanks for the guidance and kindly post some pictures of your Mg Exia.
I am deadsure that sinanju will get the MG ova version
Old 2011-04-30, 12:15   Link #20413
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
they did the same thing with the new wing gundam EW and i still havent found a way to make it hold the buster rifle :P but the OO raiser has probably pegs in the hand to secure the weapons... we will see^^
The 00 Raiser will be using the same manipulator hand system as the newer MG's from the looks of it, which will result in a firmer grip. Not that the GN Sword III will be lacking in security, as its designed to latch unto the forearm itself.

Another shot with the MG 00 Raiser using the GN Sword III raised.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 12:31   Link #20414
Appel

Quote:
@Critias: Thanks for the guidance and kindly post some pictures of your Mg Exia.
I am deadsure that sinanju will get the MG ova version
i really dont think so. there were slight color differences between the novel (or rather ver.ka) unicorn und the OVA unicorn and they changed a few things to improve the articulation of the legs.
but the ver.ka sinanju and the sinanju that appears in the OVA are identical. they simplified a few things to make animating the suit easier but other than that its the same design. they also dont have to fix anything on the sinanju, it didnt have many flaws.
and besides, the ver.ka sinanju is still very popular, even the titanium finish version is in production again while you cant buy the ver.ka unicorn anymore. there is just no need for an OVA version

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The 00 Raiser will be using the same manipulator hand system as the newer MG's from the looks of it, which will result in a firmer grip. Not that the GN Sword III will be lacking in security, as its designed to latch unto the forearm itself.

Another shot with the MG 00 Raiser using the GN Sword III raised.

looks like the regular trigger finger/thumb/three fingers together-hand. so that would mean it does have a peg in the palm and a hole in the weapons to secure them. depending on how well that works (it doesnt work at all on my impulse but very well on my MK-II for example^^) it probably will be able to hold it. but will it be able to hold it in any pose without any tricks? that is my biggest concern. the new wing EW cant hold its rifle properly because its the old MG hand without a peg on it.
we will see^^ but since exia can hold its massive blade im pretty positive that OO raiser can hold it, too
Old 2011-05-01, 03:25   Link #20415
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
ok...im total hardcore =x

Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 04:30   Link #20416
Appel

thats awesome^^
the one in the back is the metal composite version, right?
Old 2011-05-01, 08:28   Link #20417
helois

Pluricorn!
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 09:05   Link #20418
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
thats awesome^^
the one in the back is the metal composite version, right?
the right side is the metal composite

prism ver have yet to open it up
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 10:02   Link #20419
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
That shot of 00 holding two GN Sword IIs looking upwards is a win for me as I super love the GN Sword IIs, The one where it was wielding the Sword Staff with the shield is kind of awesome as well, in spite of the fact that I dislike using the staff.
Old 2011-05-01, 11:00   Link #20420
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That shot of 00 holding two GN Sword IIs looking upwards is a win for me as I super love the GN Sword IIs, The one where it was wielding the Sword Staff with the shield is kind of awesome as well, in spite of the fact that I dislike using the staff.
i agree, thats a great shot!
and about the staff... didnt setsuna just use that configuration just once and was disarmed almost immediately? XD yeah, i dont think im gonna use that :P

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy