AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-14, 21:49   Link #961
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
If you Humans Kill Each other all the time, and some times tried Commiting Genoide... So we arnt so differnt from the diclonius...

And those little Bastards at the orphenage had it comming, Esp. Killing that Puppy... And I did'nt feel sorry for them.

Bah, Lucy would be better in bed too, The evil ones always are
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 22:35   Link #962
USCPharmacist

I say they make an Elfen Lied Real Time strategy ahahah

The Diclonius will be the Protoss

The Humans will be the Terrans

The Dogs will be the Zergs....

j/k
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 00:21   Link #963
Emotive_Adamantium
Emotive_Adamantium

Quote:
Anyway, I have a theory about why the Diclonius don't seem to ever attack Kurama. Perhaps it is because he's the only character in the entire anime that's actually killed a Diclonius? They said in one of the episodes that he had killed something like 14 so far, and I'm pretty sure that was one of the flashback episodes, so it's likely he's been the one killing most of the unnecessary Diclonius babies in the facility since.

Now, considering the Diclonius only seem to kill humans and have no instinctual drive to gratuitously kill anything else, maybe there's some connection, some further unstated rules of their species about killing. Maybe they can 'sense' that Kurama's killed them in the past, and maybe this frightens them away from messing with him. Remember the first episode, when Lucy slaughtered everyone but Kurama, and just walked past him? Remember that we could actually see that one of her vectors left a red, bloody print of its 'hand' on his back? I wonder if that was Lucy patting him on the back out of respect?
Any takers on this? Thoughts?

Oh, and I'd also like to mention... if anyone else is still hung up on chicks with horns and a lot of power after watching this anime (like I know I sure as hell have become) check out the classic anime "Urusei Yatsura" (can be purchased subbed at http://www.animeigo.com/Products/UY.t). COMPLETELY different from Elfen Lied except for the main female character having horns. Great comedy though, and I really felt I needed one after getting so into that velvety emotional quagmire we call Elfen Lied. This series was the first anime series aired from Rumiko Takahashi's mangas and ran from 1981 through 1985. For those who don't know, she's the famous and revered Manga creator of Ranma and Inuyasha.
Emotive_Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 02:23   Link #964
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Anyway, I have a theory about why the Diclonius don't seem to ever attack Kurama. Perhaps it is because he's the only character in the entire anime that's actually killed a Diclonius? They said in one of the episodes that he had killed something like 14 so far, and I'm pretty sure that was one of the flashback episodes, so it's likely he's been the one killing most of the unnecessary Diclonius babies in the facility since.

Now, considering the Diclonius only seem to kill humans and have no instinctual drive to gratuitously kill anything else, maybe there's some connection, some further unstated rules of their species about killing. Maybe they can 'sense' that Kurama's killed them in the past, and maybe this frightens them away from messing with him. Remember the first episode, when Lucy slaughtered everyone but Kurama, and just walked past him? Remember that we could actually see that one of her vectors left a red, bloody print of its 'hand' on his back? I wonder if that was Lucy patting him on the back out of respect?
Actaully it's more like :-

"I'm leaving you alive just this time.Better watch your back now cause I'll come back for you."
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 07:12   Link #965
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

I thought that too..... I Figured she was saving him for somthing special
Old 2004-11-15, 10:15   Link #966
Trax
Rock beats scissors

One theory earlier in the thread was that she could sense that he was a carrier for the virus that causes offspring to be diclonius. It's only speculation though, I'm not sure if it's the case. But for some reason most diclonius (the ones we know about) do seem to have a special bond with him (a past diclonius infects him specifically, Lucy lets him live, Nana is a surrogate daughter, Mariko his real daughter). It's odd Lucy lets him live while he is the one doing most of the experimentation on the diclonius. Perhaps it was to make him feel responsible for everything that happened, which would make him suffer more.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 12:09   Link #967
PastPrime

2nd Generation

In theory, it can be either possible or plausible for humans and diclonius to co-exist in the world.

The problem just as dreamless has stated above

1. Is the hardcoded programming into their genes that orders them through instinct in wiping any signs of human lifeform. However, I'm getting suspicious that maybe and just maybe that disgusting vector virus is somehow responsible for messing up Diclonius DNA programming and behavior.
Just like any other virus, the vector virus is just another bastard microscopic; wondering, if Lucy is really the source of the virus? I think she's the original mediator to the virus, but the source.......?

It appears to me that Lucy is second generation. She appears to be about the same age as Kouta, i.e. 17 or 18. So eight years ago she would have been 9 or 10, and she was just learning to use her vectors. Evidently the Eve's don't progress at the same rate as the drones. Since Nana appears to be 13 or 14 that would mean that she was 5 or 6 then and the directors daughter would have been born around that time. So even if Lucy can spread the virus none of the Diclonius shown would have come from her.

We don't know who the first generation is or if there are more Diclonius Eves out there. If they had a good upbringing and found their Adams chances are that they would not kill. Reproducing would be more important.

If Kouta had met Lucy/Nyu a few days sooner things might have gone very different for her. I could see an alternate anime universe where Kouta saves her and the puppy and then convinces his father to become her guardian. Being raised with Kouta to defend her, she would never kill. And I wonder what the Chief's sons reaction would have been if the first knowledge that he had of her was when he walked into his class and found that a pregnant diclonius and her husband were two of his students. It would go completely against what they knew until then. Since they would likely want to study her in the wild, they would send Nana there as an inside person to report on what went on. And instead of Mayu bringing Nana home it would be Nana bringing Mayu home.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 12:25   Link #968
USCPharmacist

I say the American government made the virus to kill Japanese off like they made the HIV virus to kill Blacks......yep!! I hate those stupid conspiracy theorists
Old 2004-11-15, 12:30   Link #969
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMathews
I also think that a diclonius, raised like a normal child, would turn into a normal adult. Would make for a very interested side-story in a volume. Clearly the vectors have varying levels of force they can apply, since Nana uses them to move her prosthetic limbs. Bet they'd be fun in bed.
I don't think I'd like to find out. Praying Mantis come to mind... She'd get herself impregnated, rip the mate's head off, and move on.
Old 2004-11-15, 14:58   Link #970
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lol Trax! I was thinking the same thing. She would lose control and spasm.

BTW PastPrime, you only have 1 hole in your theory. Diclonius learn their Vectors at 3. So it would be very easy for Lucy to have started the whole thing. She had 6 years to do it. She just didn't know it was Evil Lucy doing it.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 15:15   Link #971
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A curious detail that I checked out upon visiting the Elfen Lied official webpage was that more sets of screenshots were added into the story section for each of the episodes.

Two more sets of screenshots were added to episodes one to four.
The rest is pending.

http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/story.html
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 00:24   Link #972
TerryMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
I don't think I'd like to find out. Praying Mantis come to mind... She'd get herself impregnated, rip the mate's head off, and move on.
The things I can imagine a six-armed woman doing to me are illegal in 72 countries.
TerryMathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 00:41   Link #973
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

And those are?

I probaly thought the same things.
Old 2004-11-16, 02:04   Link #974
USCPharmacist

you meant like that guy in the ghetto sub? Mariko must have gotten too "excited" ahahha but she is a 28 arms girl......
Old 2004-11-16, 03:49   Link #975
Fronzel
Schmuck

The sex jokes put the image into my mind of a diclonius using a vector to carress someone's face. That's a good image, damn it. They should have used it.

I'm a little late to discuss the ending, but some parts of it don't seem to make sense to me. When Kouta tells Lucy that he loves the little girl that he played with, and Nyuu as well, why should she care? She's neither of them. I don't understand why what Kouta said should get through to her.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 06:58   Link #976
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well she was that little girl at one point, and Nyuu is also a part of her. But either way, they botched the ending to finish up the anime version.

Oh and my praying mantis reference wasn't actually a joke, I could really see that being used. After all, Lucy is the one that can get pregnant and after she's done she'd have no more use for the mate now would she? Although it would seem this is not really needed any way since the virus is spreading rapidly, and somehow Lucy knows how fast it is spreading.

Seperate question: are there really only female diclonius getting born? Or are there a rare few males? The director and his son apparently were (I thought it may have been genetic tampering though), but why would Lucy kill the son then. If they are real male diclonius, then it would mean the male of the species doesn't have any vector powers. If humanity would be wiped out there should be diclonius males around in the end for the diclonius to survive aswell. Otherwise diclonius could only be considered as some sort of parasite that can't propogate without human 'hosts' (it's not a regular parasytic relationship but you get the idea).
Old 2004-11-16, 07:22   Link #977
soloista

A crazy idea that is brewing in my head is that the virus is a projection of Lucy's will/emotional state. Since that festival incident has changed her will/emotional state to "kill all humans", the silpelits, who are somewhere a product of the virus, carry out that will.

Of course, the big monkey wrench in my idea is Lucy's quote, "I was born to kill humans" .
soloista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 07:28   Link #978
Firethorn

My take on it is that small children are actually quite immoral. The trick is that they're normally not capable of doing much harm, not being capable of gross physical acts or planning great enough to harm people. Even if the diclonis develop intelligence early, they don't necessarily develop morals or wisdom that quickly.

Give them the power of the vectors- and you have a problem. Add in the messed up nature of the institute, and the need for special parenting techniques because mistakes will happen. Normal humans would become psychotic in the conditions that the diclonus were "raised" in by the institute.
Firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 18:39   Link #979
SpOiLeR
wo shi frank

Send a message via AIM to SpOiLeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Seperate question: are there really only female diclonius getting born? Or are there a rare few males? The director and his son apparently were (I thought it may have been genetic tampering though), but why would Lucy kill the son then. If they are real male diclonius, then it would mean the male of the species doesn't have any vector powers. If humanity would be wiped out there should be diclonius males around in the end for the diclonius to survive aswell. Otherwise diclonius could only be considered as some sort of parasite that can't propogate without human 'hosts' (it's not a regular parasytic relationship but you get the idea).
i remember in that episode the director's son was like "i'm ur ally, let's mate and create a new world together". Lucy replied with something like "not with you".

somehow i have a feeling lucy doesn't like her own kind. and in actuality, doesn't want to destroy humanity (but is forced to do so).

apparently, the director and his son lost their vectors at an early age, and thus (from what i've heard) can reproduce. So maybe all males loose their full abilities at early ages.
SpOiLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:38   Link #980
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
The director and his ancestors all the way back to at least several hundred years are all Diclonius mutants what what i've seen in the manga....
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen