AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 07:20   Link #4221
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Not sure why everyone is so impressed with their combo, it's not like it did any damage at all. The group faced against Hades and he annihilated them all. Hades going pewpew made me laugh so hard. Also while Laxus' entry was indeed entertaining judging by power levels it won't make that much of a difference.
What are you smoking? They completely destroyed Hades....'s cape!
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 03:01   Link #4222
godlystriker

Hahas, yeh, Hades made it look too easy. And it came right after their big combo they put so much effort in. This juxtaposition just shows how much difference in power they are.

Seems like no one present there can defeat him.
godlystriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 22:49   Link #4223
immblueversion

Spoiler for Episode 118:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 23:24   Link #4224
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 118:
Old 2012-02-17, 23:44   Link #4225
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 118:
Spoiler for Episode 118:

Old 2012-02-18, 04:36   Link #4226
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlystriker View Post
Hahas, yeh, Hades made it look too easy. And it came right after their big combo they put so much effort in. This juxtaposition just shows how much difference in power they are.
To be fair, the group was already pretty beat from previous fights. IMO the cowboy act worked because:
1. Gray and Erza came to the fight barely standing,
2. Natsu was a sitting duck after taking that first shot in the knee, and
3. Lucy and Wendy suck at dodging/tanking to begin with.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 05:51   Link #4227
Sefveron

Anyone else remember when Natsu ate crystallized Etherion? didn't that supposedly contain all the elements in it? also he did recently gain the ability to absorb"God fire" so its probably an innate ability hes always had but hasn't realized the potential of yet.
Sefveron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 06:02   Link #4228
godlystriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
To be fair, the group was already pretty beat from previous fights. IMO the cowboy act worked because:
1. Gray and Erza came to the fight barely standing,
2. Natsu was a sitting duck after taking that first shot in the knee, and
3. Lucy and Wendy suck at dodging/tanking to begin with.

You're right, don't know why I didn't come up with that. I was even wondering about point 1 myself before the fight even started. Point 2 and 3 was within the battle itself, so not so strong, but I guess it means that the combo was flashy but actually weaker. So I guess, when thought in context, Hades' superiority was exaggerated in ep 117.

Spoiler for ep 118:
godlystriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 07:45   Link #4229
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Oooo that episode was awesomeee.. Watched a bit of the summary for next episode, I hope it's going to be good ^_^

Quick Question : Is fairy tail still going to go on =p?

Thanks
Old 2012-02-18, 11:03   Link #4230
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread, but I just watched the third Fairy Tail OVA, Memory Days.

(Because I bought the special edition of vol. 31 that it came with).

It's called "Memory Days" and is a simple time-travel story where Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Erza (and Happy) go back in time to about a year after Natsu joined Fairy Tail.
So, obviously it doesn't effect anything.

Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2012-02-18, 14:26   Link #4231
immblueversion

This post is the continuation of something from the manga thread for the point of discussing it with someone else:

As I have mentioned before here (but no one seems to notice), there is a Japanese blog shown here (http://tomodachi100.blog54.fc2.com/blog-entry-947.html) that keeps track of the Fairy Tail manga and anime, and it has all but confirmed that the anime will not only continue from now to beyond the coming April, but there will be filler arcs. At least, I think it does. It's in Japanese, which I can't easily read.

Anyway, here's a excerpt from the blog (in Japanese):

さて~、ここからはアニメの見所や今後の展開について。
次回からはいよいよハデスとのバトルに入る。
格好良いから楽しみにしていてほしいとのことだ。

そして、気になっていたことが明らかになった。
書いて良い?
書いちゃうよ??

フェアリーテイルのアニメ・・・

4月以降も続きます!!

うわあぁぁぁぁぁい!!

4月以降はアニメオリジナル編になるそうで、製作には真島先生がガッツリ関わっておられるとのこ と。
原作で出来なかったことを詰め込むらしく、笑いあり・バトルあり・涙あり・・・の話になるんだ とか。
また、7年後の世界での原作では触れられていないキャラについて描かれるらしく、その他にも凄 い色物が出て きたり、多数の新キャラが出てくるようだ。

そして、原作には登場していないキャラとして、2人の名前が挙がった。
① ココ
エドラスの彼女とは違う、アースランドのココが登場するとのこと。
ココと出会ったときのリリーのリアクションをお楽しみに、とのことだった。
また、4月からの新OPにもココが登場するようだ。
②キナナ
7年後の立ち位置がどうの~って話だった。
原作ではフェアリーテイルに残っていないので、別のギルドに所属していると思われる。
それが、今までに出てきたギルドである可能性も・・・?

From what I could make out, there will be filler involving two separate characters:

First is the Earthland counterpart of Coco, that little girl from Edolas who always runs around and seems to be fond of Panther Lily.

Second is Kinana, an employee who works at Fairy Tail, but is really the human form of Cubelios, the former giant flying snake companion of Cobra from Oracion Seis. According to her character profile from the manga, Kinana was transformed into a snake by an evil wizard, but was changed back into a human by Makarov and went on to work at Fairy Tail as a waitress. She has no memory of her time as Cubelios. Also, the character has appeared in the guild since episode 96, after Natsu and co. returned from Edolas. In fact, she also makes a few appearances walking around in the background in episode 118.

What I want to know is the exact details behind why this information was said. I mean, is this really a confirmation? Will there be filler involving these particular characters? Or is this all just some form of speculation? Because the blogger came back from a convention and got to ask questions, such as whether or not the anime would continue into this April, since the current schedule of episodes ends goes onto the end of this March. The blogger got her answer: the anime will continue. And then they got the whole deal with these characters. Any help in better translating what was said would be very...well...helpful.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-02-18 at 15:22.
Old 2012-02-18, 14:33   Link #4232
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
This post is the continuation of something from the manga thread for the point of discussing it with someone else:

As I have mentioned before here (but no one seems to notice), there is a Japanese blog shown here (http://tomodachi100.blog54.fc2.com/blog-entry-947.html) that keeps track of the Fairy Tail manga and anime, and it has all but confirmed that the anime will not only continue from now to beyond the coming April, but there will be filler arcs. At least, I think it does. It's in Japanese, which I can't easily read.

Anyway, here's a excerpt from the blog (in Japanese):

さて~、ここからはアニメの見所や今後の展開について。
次回からはいよいよハデスとのバトルに入る。
格好良いから楽しみにしていてほしいとのことだ。

そして、気になっていたことが明らかになった。
書いて良い?
書いちゃうよ??

フェアリーテイルのアニメ・・・

4月以降も続きます!!

うわあぁぁぁぁぁい!!

4月以降はアニメオリジナル編になるそうで、製作には真島先生がガッツリ関わっておられるとのこ と。
原作で出来なかったことを詰め込むらしく、笑いあり・バトルあり・涙あり・・・の話になるんだ とか。
また、7年後の世界での原作では触れられていないキャラについて描かれるらしく、その他にも凄い色物が出て きたり、多数の新キャラが出てくるようだ。

そして、原作には登場していないキャラとして、2人の名前が挙がった。
① ココ
エドラスの彼女とは違う、アースランドのココが登場するとのこと。
ココと出会ったときのリリーのリアクションをお楽しみに、とのことだった。
また、4月からの新OPにもココが登場するようだ。
②キナナ
7年後の立ち位置がどうの~って話だった。
原作ではフェアリーテイルに残っていないので、別のギルドに所属していると思われる。
それが、今までに出てきたギルドである可能性も・・・?

From what I could make out, there will be filler involving two separate characters:

First is the Earthland counterpart of Coco, that little girl from Edolas who always runs around and seems to be fond of Panther Lily.

Second is Kinana, an employee who works at Fairy Tail, but is really the human form of Cubelios, the former giant flying snake companion of Cobra from Oracion Seis. According to her character profile from the manga, Kinana was transformed into a snake by an evil wizard, but was changed back into a human by Makarov and went on to work at Fairy Tail as a waitress. She has no memory of her time as Cubelios. Also, the character has appeared in the guild since episode 96, after Natsu and co. returned from Edolas. In fact, she also makes a few appearances walking around in the background in episode 118.

What I want to know is the exact details behind why this information was said. I mean, is this really a confirmation? Will there be filler involving these particular characters? Or is this all just some form of speculation? Because the blogger came back from a convention and got to ask questions, such as whether or not the anime would continue into this April, since the current schedule of episodes ends goes onto the end of this March. The blogger got her answer: the anime will continue. And then they got the whole deal with these characters. Any help in better translating what was said would be very...well...helpful.
You basically got what's important. The earlier part says that all the fillers are based on Mashima's ideas for things that he didn't have room to put in the manga, and that there will be a "ton" of new characters showing up.
The next part spoilers the end of this arc so:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2012-02-18, 15:19   Link #4233
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2012-02-18, 15:20   Link #4234
ookamigirl

Laxus is baaack!
Master Hades vs Laxus was just epic!!
Natsu is amazing no matter how you look at it.
It was nice seeing what everyone else was doing back "home".
Guess everyone on & around the island was still dealing with the Grimoire heart guys.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:31   Link #4235
sergel02

Was the fight with Kain and the rest of them at the camp in the manga? Because I have no recollection of it at all.

In any case, Laxus' fight was nice and all, and its great seeing him again, but I was way too focused and excited with Cana, Liasanna and Levy's fight to pay attention to that. I mean, they pulled off a unison raid. And it was great seeing Cana have a good fight for once. Haven't been this giddy in a while XD
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:38   Link #4236
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
Was the fight with Kain and the rest of them at the camp in the manga? Because I have no recollection of it at all.

In any case, Laxus' fight was nice and all, and its great seeing him again, but I was way too focused and excited with Cana, Liasanna and Levy's fight to pay attention to that. I mean, they pulled off a unison raid. And it was great seeing Cana have a good fight for once. Haven't been this giddy in a while XD
Nope, the fight at the camp is entirely original material. And so is the scene at the guildhall.

Old 2012-02-18, 16:02   Link #4237
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Nope, the fight at the camp is entirely original material. And so is the scene at the guildhall.
Something tells me that scene at the guildhall and the extra fights were definitely something Mashima planned but didn't get a chance to put in the manga, though.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2012-02-18, 16:20   Link #4238
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Something tells me that scene at the guildhall and the extra fights were definitely something Mashima planned but didn't get a chance to put in the manga, though.
Well, it only appears in the anime as of now, if you want clarity on what I meant by "original."

Old 2012-02-18, 17:07   Link #4239
sergel02

It may be something he wanted to add, but for now, all we know for certain is that the directors added it into the anime and there was no manga to go off of, so I'm going off the assumption that it is completely original. Personally i love what they did with it. Cana and Levy showed off more new spells in one episode than the whole series so far. Levy got the "Guard," "Hole," and "Storm" spell and Cana showed off why she could actually qualify for the S-class exam. Before, i knew she was good, but I thought others were better suited for the exam.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 18:30   Link #4240
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Cana is, in theory, much like Lucy: has the potential for a lot of variety in magic. It's nice to see it actually applied.

But I liked the additions here; it's always nice to see the side characters get a bit more room to shine. Although I was looking forward to a bit more with Lisanna, heh. I am a bit bewildered that the chicken and the sound guy are seemingly okay enough, but Gajeel is still completely out of it. I would have expected him to recover at least as fast as they did, but then again, then we wouldn't have had time for the others to shine.

Good ep overall.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen