AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 22:51   Link #441
reccaryu

Ya I thought it was different too because they were talking about the history of the world so detailed and childhood friends etc.

Maybe its a hard core RP game!
reccaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 05:53   Link #442
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
On a side note. Is the coat kirito uses the same as the one he got from the 1st boss? They seem the same but in v1 he said he bought it in Algade. Or could it be a lie to hide his involvement in the 1st floor
1st volume, Kirito said he bought it somewhere. 'Aria of the Starless Night' and the story that follows it of Kirito being in 2nd and 3rd floor, it was retcon-ed into 'Coat of Midnight', item drop from 1st floor boss.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 06:21   Link #443
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
1st volume, Kirito said he bought it somewhere. 'Aria of the Starless Night' and the story that follows it of Kirito being in 2nd and 3rd floor, it was retcon-ed into 'Coat of Midnight', item drop from 1st floor boss.
So prob in the anime it'll show the same cape? But being a unique item, it should be able to hold for quite awhile. I wonder how he got elucidator
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:42   Link #444
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

yeah i was also looking for when he got the elucidator.

Kirito acquired the sword "Elucidator" (2023, SAO)

^ i couldnt find that date anywhere in vol. 1-7

:\

Its also a shame he lost it.... Yui made him throw it away in ALO.

Quote:
So prob in the anime it'll show the same cape? But being a unique item, it should be able to hold for quite awhile. I wonder how he got elucidator
the game system in SAO wasnt described in detail when it came to items.
We knew there was normal... rare.. and unique.
Player crafted items were sometimes better with the exception of unique. <--- Lizbert said this.

However.... Dark Repulser seemed to be weaker then the elucidator in aspect of durability.
Liz said its about the same in damage and strength, but she did comment about the durability of the sword decreasing.

Also seeing kirito's play style, with super massive regen, i dont think he would use heavy armor over a light one which wont handicap his speed.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:21   Link #445
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post

However.... Dark Repulser seemed to be weaker then the elucidator in aspect of durability.
Liz said its about the same in damage and strength, but she did comment about the durability of the sword decreasing.
the durability of DR wasnt decreasing. every time she repaired it, it went back to max dura, BUT what she commented on was the blade was getting clearer, more transparent, as if it would break one day.
Old 2012-05-02, 19:44   Link #446
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:

it's durability didn't decrease but DR indeed break in Kirito last duel in volume 1 and replaced with Asuna rapier
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 19:59   Link #447
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

did i break? i thought he just dropped it and he subbed it with her rapier since she died in his arms.
Edit: checked BT translation, it dint say anything about it breaking after there point where his <The Eclipse> failed to penetrate and was deflected by Kayaba and Asuna jumped in then he caught her. so assuming thats the point where he dropped his swords
Old 2012-05-02, 20:12   Link #448
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
did i break? i thought he just dropped it and he subbed it with her rapier since she died in his arms.
Edit: checked BT translation, it dint say anything about it breaking after there point where his <The Eclipse> failed to penetrate and was deflected by Kayaba and Asuna jumped in then he caught her. so assuming thats the point where he dropped his swords
it was break : the left sword in my left hand is breaking and i stunned after launching big skill, opened to any attack.
line like that, just before Heathcliff countered Kirito in cooling down period after releasing <The Eclipse>
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 20:55   Link #449
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Oh I missed that thanks for pointing it out
But i still doubt it was more brittle than elucidator. Well, we'll never find out i guess
Old 2012-05-02, 22:28   Link #450
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
it's durability didn't decrease but DR indeed break in Kirito last duel in volume 1 and replaced with Asuna rapier
lizbert says its duribility was decreasing and she couldnt stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt
Although I do tend to it on this very whetstone before my eyes every now and then, unlike normal weapons, the transparency of its blade seemed to increase with use. For some reason, it seemed unlike the numerical consumables that run out sooner or later; it felt more like it would break apart once its duty has been completed— that was what I predicted.

But well, that was probably still a future that wouldn't be here anytime soon. The frontlines were now on the seventy-fifth floor.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:58   Link #451
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

ME9 updated. Ok i'm unsure if these ME series are canon because if they are, then something must've happened to seperate Asuna and Kirito
Old 2012-05-03, 11:48   Link #452
tomtkp

Have read ME1: The Progressers in Chinese just now. A good manga chapter overall. This chapter basically showed the duel between Kirito and Asuna over differing views on how to defeat a floor boss. Note that the front line in this manga chapter was 56th floor.

And there's a sentence at the last page that indicates the timeline of this chapter:

Spoiler for The sentence:

@Fallen3dge

Whether ME series are canon or not is still a debate among the fan base because the storylines of ME series (including Aria) has many conflicts with the storyline of LN Volume 1 and 2. Some treat the ME series (or essentially the new side stories for first three floors such as Aria, Rondo) as canon while others not (think that only the storylines in Volume 1 and 2 are canon).

Basically, I just categorised the storylines into two categories: old SAO (Volume 1, 2 and 8) and new SAO (ME, Aria, Rondo etc).
Old 2012-05-03, 11:50   Link #453
kyo171

Quote:
ME9 updated. Ok i'm unsure if these ME series are canon because if they are, then something must've happened to seperate Asuna and Kirito
I think its because asuna got scouted to join KOB and kirito wanted to remain a solo player?
kyo171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 12:31   Link #454
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Have read ME1: The Progressers in Chinese just now. A good manga chapter overall. This chapter basically showed the duel between Kirito and Asuna over differing views on how to defeat a floor boss. Note that the front line in this manga chapter was 56th floor.

And there's a sentence at the last page that indicates the timeline of this chapter:

Spoiler for The sentence:

@Fallen3dge

Whether ME series are canon or not is still a debate among the fan base because the storylines of ME series (including Aria) has many conflicts with the storyline of LN Volume 1 and 2. Some treat the ME series (or essentially the new side stories for first three floors such as Aria, Rondo) as canon while others not (think that only the storylines in Volume 1 and 2 are canon).

Basically, I just categorised the storylines into two categories: old SAO (Volume 1, 2 and 8) and new SAO (ME, Aria, Rondo etc).
im sorry im confused here.

how is this a conflict?
I didnt see Aria as a conflict.
Aria happened a few months after the D day.
They were fighting the 10th floor boss.
Heacliff isnt even introduced.
Aria stated that guilds were only possible to form on the higher floors.

Also what is the conflict in ME1?
It says 8 months and 2 weeks later, they got married.
It means Asuna has been running arround SAO having feelings of kirito since the 10th floor.

The entire SAO arc took a total of 2 yrs... so that means ME1 took place a little after half time.

EDIT i see your conflict between ME9 and Aria...
According to Aria, they werent that close until AFTER the first floor boss, lvl10.
In ME9, it seems like its happening b4 the first floor boss.

Edit2: your right it makes no sense.
He knows Asuna's name in ME9.
He didnt learn her name until he partied with her for the first time at the first floor boss.

lolol....

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-05-03 at 12:45.
Old 2012-05-03, 13:01   Link #455
tomtkp

Quote:
im sorry im confused here.

how is this a conflict?
I didnt see Aria as a conflict.
Aria happened a few months after the D day.
They were fighting the 10th floor boss.
Heacliff isnt even introduced.
Aria stated that guilds were only possible to form on the higher floors.

Also what is the conflict in ME1?
It says 8 months and 2 weeks later, they got married.
It means Asuna has been running arround SAO having feelings of kirito since the 10th floor.

The entire SAO arc took a total of 2 yrs... so that means ME1 took place a little after half time.

EDIT i see your conflict between ME9 and Aria...
According to Aria, they werent that close until AFTER the first floor boss, lvl10.
In ME9, it seems like its happening b4 the first floor boss.

Edit2: your right it makes no sense.
He knows Asuna's name in ME9.
He didnt learn her name until he partied with her for the first time at the first floor boss.

lolol....
It wasn't me who pointed put that there were storyline conflicts in ME series. It was the fan base in Japan who pointed out instead. And they were comparing ME with the Aincrad arc and side stories in LN version. I still haven't read much of the ME series for now.

And wasn't Aria happened during the first floor boss fight?
Old 2012-05-03, 13:15   Link #456
nhormight

who is she?
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 13:20   Link #457
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
It wasn't me who pointed put that there were storyline conflicts in ME series. It was the fan base in Japan who pointed out instead. And they were comparing ME with the Aincrad arc and side stories in LN version. I still haven't read much of the ME series for now.

And wasn't Aria happened during the first floor boss fight?
i thought there was a boss every 10 floors or something.
i really dont understand how things work out in SAO.

I was under this assumption.

every floor has a dungeon.
every 5 = most occasion is a city.
every 10 = was a "Boss"
every 25 = "super boss"

i am not 100% sure... but this is what i picked up from reading the translations.

And yeah aria is kinda wierd also.
i thought it was the first floor as well, however

Spoiler:

how and why are they maping the 20th floor?
Old 2012-05-03, 15:37   Link #458
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:

every 10 = was a "Boss"
every 25 = "super boss"

i am not 100% sure... but this is what i picked up from reading the translations.

I think every floor with a dungeon also has a boss. I remember in vol. 7 Asuna "led the charge" against the 21st floor boss to get to the house on the 22nd. I know the Aincrad in ALO is slightly different than SAO's, but I imagine their structure/layout would be relatively the same.

EDIT:

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhormight View Post
who is she?
Kirito's mistress! I kid, I have no idea. Actually, I don't even think that's Kirito. Which volume is this from?
Old 2012-05-03, 15:40   Link #459
Adigard

Quote:

every 10 = was a "Boss"
every 25 = "super boss"

how and why are they maping the 20th floor?
Every "floor" of SAO has a boss.... However the first floor of SAO has a labyrinth with 20 levels leading up to the boss. It's mentioned somewhere in Aria IIRC. So they're mapping the 20th level of the first floor labyrinth to find the first boss room, to defeat him, and unlock the second floor. Hopefully that made sense. At least that's how I understood it.

So, in theory each floor of SAO from 1 to 100 has a labyrinth, each labyrinth has a boss that must be defeated to unlock the next floor. Each 25th floor has a super-boss. I'm guessing, although I can't be positive that each floor will also have a city or a village. It's possible the city on certain floors is smaller than others, but it should be a hub with questgivers, armor shops, and the like.

Last edited by Adigard; 2012-05-04 at 06:49.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:41   Link #460
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I think every floor with a dungeon also has a boss. I remember in vol. 7 Asuna "led the charge" against the 21st floor boss to get to the house on the 22nd. I know the Aincrad in ALO is slightly different than SAO's, but I imagine their structure/layout would be relatively the same.
mmmm...

i think your right and every floor has a "normal" floor boss.
Kirito is known to solo some of those boss's. (kinda like Lt.)

i think the every 10 level "Boss" (a captain)

Then every 25, you got the super boss's (generals)

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality