AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-04, 00:43   Link #521
LostSome

Only Cordelia and Tharja...
Also Chrom and Gaius, but you didn`t ask for that.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:33   Link #522
Sol Falling

The characters to receive art were based on popularity polls, right? Haha, I actually went and imported the Knights of Iris artbook/fanbook/databook (along with the Official Soundtrack) a couple weeks ago, and saw some relevant results in there. Don't really have a decent camera to take pics at the moment though...maybe in a couple weeks when I go get a new phone. Although, I think a lot (or maybe even all) of the contents might have been online for a while anyway, so anybody interested could probably find what they wanted already.

Catching up a bit on the latest release notes/news...I hear that the European version of the game has had the Japanese voice reset bug fixed. Man, you have no idea how jealous I am of you guys, lol. The Japanese voice track was one of the top things I was looking forward to with this game, but with my OCD playstyle relying way too much on resets to be healthy, I've pretty much given up on hearing the jp voices 90% of the time.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 02:33   Link #523
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Catching up a bit on the latest release notes/news...I hear that the European version of the game has had the Japanese voice reset bug fixed. Man, you have no idea how jealous I am of you guys, lol. The Japanese voice track was one of the top things I was looking forward to with this game, but with my OCD playstyle relying way too much on resets to be healthy, I've pretty much given up on hearing the jp voices 90% of the time.
Not sure if this is the bug you're talking about, but whenever I start (or restart) the game, it defaults the voices to English, even when the settings say they're on Japanese.

I can easily fix it by changing the voice settings to English then back to Japanese one more time, though if I'm resetting it's nuisance.

That's why I just Bookmark now, then reload a regular save to get rid of the bookmark.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 02:56   Link #524
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Not sure if this is the bug you're talking about, but whenever I start (or restart) the game, it defaults the voices to English, even when the settings say they're on Japanese.

I can easily fix it by changing the voice settings to English then back to Japanese one more time, though if I'm resetting it's nuisance.

That's why I just Bookmark now, then reload a regular save to get rid of the bookmark.
Yeah, that's the bug. I play on casual though, in order to abuse persistent saves for ideal RNG manipulated level ups (a similar Bookmark/'return to main menu' function would be *great* on casual in this regard). Particularly after a lot of my units began to hit caps, I now end up resetting a lot. That's why I practically only end up setting the Japanese voices on for chapter opening/ending cutscenes, or when I've committed to sufficiently long predetermined action chains.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 08:12   Link #525
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
The characters to receive art were based on popularity polls, right? Haha, I actually went and imported the Knights of Iris artbook/fanbook/databook (along with the Official Soundtrack) a couple weeks ago, and saw some relevant results in there. Don't really have a decent camera to take pics at the moment though...maybe in a couple weeks when I go get a new phone. Although, I think a lot (or maybe even all) of the contents might have been online for a while anyway, so anybody interested could probably find what they wanted already.

I'm annoyed that Tiki didn't win... you think she'd win being one of the oldest characters to the series.
Old 2013-05-04, 11:32   Link #526
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Only Cordelia and Tharja...
Also Chrom and Gaius, but you didn`t ask for that.
At least they all have amazing Convo's if you married them.

That Cordelia one though... Yes! No one can deny her love for MU now!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 16:23   Link #527
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I'm annoyed that Tiki didn't win... you think she'd win being one of the oldest characters to the series.
She's a child in Marth's story... which are games that have never been localized, with the exception of Shadow Dragon which was a bare bones port with little promotion or advertisement for people to know about it and no support conversations to know what Tiki is like other than the Manakete plot device.

In this game, she doesn't join you until late in the game in an optional story chapter (paralogue).

She also has limited supports and is the one of the few non-Spotpass "first generation" females in the game who does not have her own child. And no, the Avatar's child does not count.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:43   Link #528
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh yea I forgot she was a Paralogue one. Well atleast Cordelia won, she's my 2nd favorite.. if she wouldn't talk about chrom all the time. -_-
Old 2013-05-04, 19:22   Link #529
Destined_Fate

That was an oversight.

Summer Scramble fixes that.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-04, 21:36   Link #530
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Old 2013-05-04, 21:48   Link #531
Shadow5YA

Quote:
http://i39.tinypic.com/313j7yu.png
That doesn't actually apply anymore.

In the past, due to budget/graphics limitations, units would stand still with no reaction and only flash when they take damage from an attack, similar to how the handheld Pokémon games work. You could youtube pretty much any Fire Emblem game before this one and you'll see what I mean. They stand there and take the attack.

In this game they actually have guarding animations, so the joke doesn't apply anymore.
Old 2013-05-04, 23:54   Link #532
Destined_Fate

That's Hector. >_>

From FE7.

Shame we didn't get Farina. She would have had fun dialogue with Anna.
Old 2013-05-05, 00:18   Link #533
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
The characters to receive art were based on popularity polls, right?
That's right, here's the poll

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei...kka/index.html

Summer Scramble is the 2 highest placed first gen characters and Hot Springs the 2 highest placed second gen.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 14:25   Link #534
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That doesn't actually apply anymore.

In the past, due to budget/graphics limitations, units would stand still with no reaction and only flash when they take damage from an attack, similar to how the handheld Pokémon games work. You could youtube pretty much any Fire Emblem game before this one and you'll see what I mean. They stand there and take the attack.

In this game they actually have guarding animations, so the joke doesn't apply anymore.
Get out... Just fucking laugh at the joke they are putting out there... It's funny...
Old 2013-05-06, 14:47   Link #535
Sides

So finally managed to blitz through the game and have to it say it was great journey.
Some things that stands out were the animation cut-scenes, in 3D. They were really nicely done. Soundtrack was amazing as well, only to be let down by the 3DS' build-in speakers...
All in all I found that this FE game is definitely more inviting for people who never played any of the other games before, in a way it is more mainstream that the others, but still a great FE title, especially with lunatic mode unlocked at the start and lunatic+ unlock-able for fans of the series.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 15:20   Link #536
Destined_Fate

My only issue is that Lunatic/+ were not balanced at all and the first 4 Chapters are almost entirely based around luck and praying that a certain hammer user in a couple of the Chapters doesn't hit Frederick.

The broken skills like Luna+/Vantage+/Aegis+/Pavise+ and the such in the main game is very bothersome and in some cases it's literally unwinnable and will require a restart. Lunatic/+ also encourages you to drop nearly everyone but a select few characters(Chrom, MU, Frederick(But he falls off later), Sumia, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, and Gregor) as you need to siphon EXP carefully just not to have your characters One Rounded by much strong enemies.

Skirmishes on Lunatic/+ are very bad in that no matter where they are the enemy is ALWAYS capped.

Quite frankly Lunatic wasn't fun but super annoying. Though with DLC at least many players can just grind it up there so they don't have to be messed with like me over the rage that was Lunatic/+.
Old 2013-05-07, 05:48   Link #537
Zakoo

Finally ended it, I must admit, 36 hours for a Fire emblem is quite exceptionnal. The last boss was so hard, unbelievable, you need OP chara as Linfan with galeforce/lifetaker/Ignis to make sure you aren't ganked by 15 ennemies rushing you like meat.

That was quite good, especially the ending, I will restart it 4 or 5 times to get the CG when you marry Tiki/Cordelia/Lucina/Nowi and the last with MU as a female character to see if things change but it's undoubtly a godly game.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 14:06   Link #538
Destined_Fate

FeMU x Chrom really makes the story much better, makes some parts more dramatic as you're his lover, gives more meaning to what Chrom says to you, and is worth doing if you plan to do a FeMU run. It also changes more scenes than if you married you know who.

FeMU x Chrom also gives you a unique convo with Chrom in Summer Scramble and your child in Hot Springs Scramble due to top 4 votes for each.

Only marrying Cordelia gives you that as well but she doesn't offer story changes like FeMU x Chrom.
Old 2013-05-07, 18:00   Link #539
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
FeMU x Chrom really makes the story much better, makes some parts more dramatic as you're his lover, gives more meaning to what Chrom says to you, and is worth doing if you plan to do a FeMU run. It also changes more scenes than if you married you know who.

FeMU x Chrom also gives you a unique convo with Chrom in Summer Scramble and your child in Hot Springs Scramble due to top 4 votes for each.

Only marrying Cordelia gives you that as well but she doesn't offer story changes like FeMU x Chrom.
But M-MU x Lucina changes a lot too.
Old 2013-05-08, 08:19   Link #540
GDB

Quote:
But M-MU x Lucina changes a lot too.
Indeed, but FeMU has soooooooo many better face and voice options than MaMU.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem