AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-28, 01:12   Link #1
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 28
Seikoku no Ryuu Kishi (Dragonar Academy)



Story Synopsis:

Ansarivan Dragon Riding Academy is for boys and girls who had made contracts with dragons. Ash Blake had a Seikoku on his hand, a proof of being a contractor, but he didn't have any dragons for his partner. One day, a dragon within him wakes up from a certain incident. However, the dragon that appeared was different from other dragons. It wasn't in a form of a dragon but had a form of a girl!?
"You are not my master; I'm the one who is your master," she said.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 01:49   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 30
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Add to cart

The girl's seems to be a tsundere..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 01:55   Link #3
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Having read a manga chapter before, and the fact that the artwork seemed very lovely, I'll watch it.
__________________
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RDckBy8.jpgI will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 02:05   Link #4
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
Please not Rie Kugimiya for Eco.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:20   Link #5
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 26
Not really interested.

Pretty much similar with Unbreakable Machine Doll. Good plot, good action, good fantasy aspects, but shitty harem hijinks, which gets painfully annoying as the volume goes on.

And while usually i don't really care about LN in general, its still sort of surprised me that MF Bunko (which publishes the largest number of LN titles in Japan), actually announced 4 titles all at once.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:29   Link #6
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 37
Eri Kitamura for main dragon girl please. (I loved her as Bahamut in Zettai Bouei Leviathan).
__________________
<img src=http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic115895_1.gif border=0 alt= />
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:58   Link #7
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Eri Kitamura for main dragon girl please. (I loved her as Bahamut in Zettai Bouei Leviathan).
This will be a really good choice if it turns out to be true!
__________________
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RDckBy8.jpgI will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 04:21   Link #8
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 31
Tsundere lead leaves me iffy, but it's a dragon girl anime so it's definitely on my must watch list.

I hope Zettai Bouei Leviathan set a trend in dragon girl anime.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 05:12   Link #9
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
read the manga, haven't touch the LN but yeah good news
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 06:19   Link #10
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 26
Drama CD cast :

Takahashi Koji as Ash Blake
Ise Mariya as Eiko
Ayane Sakura as Silvia Lautreamont
Marina Inoue as Rebecca Randall
Tomoaki Maeno as Raymond Kirkland
Genki Muro as Maximillian Russell
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 06:39   Link #11
Reek of Blood
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
And while usually i don't really care about LN in general, its still sort of surprised me that MF Bunko (which publishes the largest number of LN titles in Japan), actually announced 4 titles all at once.
Actually it's five, and they're all generic as hell.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 07:47   Link #12
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Actually it's five, and they're all generic as hell.
Yeah, if this is the best MF Bunko has to offer, it's no wonder Dengeki's the gold standard for light novels.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:08   Link #13
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Makes me wonder what is Bunko's best then?
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:30   Link #14
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Actually it's five, and they're all generic as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Yeah, if this is the best MF Bunko has to offer, it's no wonder Dengeki's the gold standard for light novels.
It has been somewhat a trademark of all (not all, but most) LNs published in MF Bunko to turn into generic harem story, much like how nearly every manga published in WSJ to turn into action story
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 09:48   Link #15
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Where It's Legal to Marry Clara and Alice
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Drama CD cast :

Takahashi Koji as Ash Blake
Ise Mariya as Eiko
Marina Inoue as Rebecca Randall
IMariya Ise voiced Eiko in the Drama CD's sweet. I really hope they keep her in that role because I'm a fan of Mariya Ise, and she did the voice for my dear sweet and lovely Rabbit-chan! My favourite role from her to date.

As a fan of Marina Inoue... it'll be interesting to see her doing a heroine who loves to tease the main character. I hope she can sound sexy, but I just love her voice roles in general and I have faith that she can pull that off.

Ash voiced by a guy... that's a twist since I always thought to myself "if this series gets an anime, I wonder which female seiyuu will do his voice?" There are other reasons why I think that, but that'll be another topic for another day.

Hope I can find the Drama CDs so I can have a sneak peek, or listen, of the voices. I heard rumors of Drama CDs, but didn't know the cast list and wasn't aware of when they were released. I have so much to catch up on in this series...
__________________
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 11:40   Link #16
Ryan Ashfyre
Gentlemanly Sadist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Please not Rie Kugimiya for Eco.
Stick an ice pick in my heart if that's the case, I won't even be able to get past five episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Not really interested.

Pretty much similar with Unbreakable Machine Doll. Good plot, good action, good fantasy aspects, but shitty harem hijinks, which gets painfully annoying as the volume goes on.
No doubt that the two have their fair share of similarities, but then so do countless other series out there, don't you think? Doesn't exactly make them the same, so why don't you wait 'till they actually air before you decide whether they're worth your interest or not?
Ryan Ashfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 12:58   Link #17
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
IMariya Ise voiced Eiko in the Drama CD's sweet. I really hope they keep her in that role because I'm a fan of Mariya Ise, and she did the voice for my dear sweet and lovely Rabbit-chan! My favourite role from her to date.

As a fan of Marina Inoue... it'll be interesting to see her doing a heroine who loves to tease the main character. I hope she can sound sexy, but I just love her voice roles in general and I have faith that she can pull that off.

Ash voiced by a guy... that's a twist since I always thought to myself "if this series gets an anime, I wonder which female seiyuu will do his voice?" There are other reasons why I think that, but that'll be another topic for another day.

Hope I can find the Drama CDs so I can have a sneak peek, or listen, of the voices. I heard rumors of Drama CDs, but didn't know the cast list and wasn't aware of when they were released. I have so much to catch up on in this series...
The Yui Sakakibara part was HOTT!!!!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 16:16   Link #18
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
No doubt that the two have their fair share of similarities, but then so do countless other series out there, don't you think? Doesn't exactly make them the same,
For the records, in the afterword of vol 1, the author of this series actually thanking the author of Machine Doll for giving him the idea of his works. And i was simply pointing out about the endless harem hijinks in those two series, which doesn't stop till vol 8 (Machine Doll) and dunno-about-this-series. For comparison, many other harem LNs i've read out there usually have established the harem members at vol 6, which was i complaining about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
so why don't you wait 'till they actually air before you decide whether they're worth your interest or not?
Because i've read both series up until vol 7++ (and dropped it when the shitty harem hijinks have gotten unbearable), so i pretty much understand what kind of crap the studio are going to adapt

Last edited by backbone; 2013-07-28 at 16:28. Reason: Half-asleep
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 17:44   Link #19
Ryan Ashfyre
Gentlemanly Sadist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
For the records, in the afterword of vol 1, the author of this series actually thanking the author of Machine Doll for giving him the idea of his works. And i was simply pointing out about the endless harem hijinks in those two series, which doesn't stop till vol 8 (Machine Doll) and dunno-about-this-series. For comparison, many other harem LNs i've read out there usually have established the harem members at vol 6, which was i complaining about.
Perhaps, do you have something against the concept of a harem in the first place? I don't really, though I'm more about the execution more so than anything else; which I think Machine Doll does reasonably well, IMO, though admittedly I'm only up to Volume 3 so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone
Because i've read both series up until vol 7++ (and dropped it when the shitty harem hijinks have gotten unbearable), so i pretty much understand what kind of crap the studio are going to adapt
Pardon me, but if you kept at it through seven volumes, surely there must've been something that grabbed your attention? Or, with all due respect, were you just that bored?
Ryan Ashfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 17:56   Link #20
backbone
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: East Asia
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
Perhaps, do you have something against the concept of a harem in the first place? I don't really, though I'm more about the execution more so than anything else; which I think Machine Doll does reasonably well, IMO, though admittedly I'm only up to Volume 3 so far.
I don't hate harem, just hate how the story offered too much dose of it to the point of being obnoxious. Here's the thing; read vol 9 of this series if you want to know where i'm coming from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ashfyre View Post
Pardon me, but if you kept at it through seven volumes, surely there must've been something that grabbed your attention? Or, with all due respect, were you just that bored?
What, I'm not allowed to point out the flaws in a novel that I read? I'm not allowed to express regret about how certain part was a black mark on an otherwise fantastic series?
What you're after is probably for people to love series so blindly that they cannot see the flaws. Well here's a newsflash for you; 99.99% of Anime have at least one flaw in them. Trying to stop fans of the show from pointing out those flaws is silly. What, you think only 'haters' are allowed to have a problem with a series?

Go ahead and continue if you want. Kinda fun debating with you TBH
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dragons, ecchi, fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.