risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ah i see.
Btw they have to fix the key lock.

For start.
Sneak 1st for more stealth.
Then Bow( x3 dmg with stealth + critic) & 1hand(x15 dmg with stealth)

Leather armor = join thief guild.
Dagger = Khajiit merchant outside whiterun or the merchant in thief guild.
Thank there

Is there good light armour later on? I remember that glass is the only one =/
Old 2011-11-14, 20:32   Link #682
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea, specialy when there are none

btw I thought you were lookin for a husband @_@ or am I confused with someone else.
It's the lack of sleep. I've gotten only 4 hours the past weekend. Must be the lycanthropy.

I was looking for the wives though. Dunno if anyone else was looking for prospective spouses. So far, Jordis, Lydia and Muiri are all waifus but you gotta choose only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Thank there

Is there good light armour later on? I remember that glass is the only one =/
There are some special/enchanted light armors that I saw on other sites. One that I particularly liked was the Nightengale armor set. Amazing for stealth/lockpicking, if that's what you're after.

http://imgur.com/SxPnj

Edit:
here's a list of light armors:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Armor_(Skyrim)

Last edited by Who; 2011-11-14 at 20:44.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:36   Link #683
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Dragonscale armor is the strongest craftable light armor in the game.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 20:55   Link #684
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Does anybody know if joining one guild will stop you from joining others? I joined the companions just for the sake of doing their quests, even though I'm a caster character and it doesn't suit at all. Is that going to make it impossible to explore other options like the thieves guild?
I joined both of them , so i guess you can too.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 22:38   Link #685
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well this is a disappointment. I took the '' Stagger '' perk from Destruction tree to help me with those damn Draugr Deathlord enemies and such alike.. But guess what, it works for Dragons too. If you dualcast a firebolt or higher spell and throw it at the Dragon just as it's about to breath on you or is already breathing, it will be interrupted. Effectively if you have enough mana the dragon can do .. absolutely nothing to you, as long as you keep your distance ;<-
Old 2011-11-14, 22:46   Link #686
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well this is a disappointment. I took the '' Stagger '' perk from Destruction tree to help me with those damn Draugr Deathlord enemies and such alike.. But guess what, it works for Dragons too. If you dualcast a firebolt or higher spell and throw it at the Dragon just as it's about to breath on you or is already breathing, it will be interrupted. Effectively if you have enough mana the dragon can do .. absolutely nothing to you, as long as you keep your distance ;<-
I wouldn't worry too much. Recent Elder Scrolls games have never been about the challenge, moreso about just being downright awesome. It's always been easy to break the system if you know how, and I'm fine with that. Makes it easier to do what you want and still do okay.

If you want a real challenge that you -need- to be intimate with the mechanics to beat, try Dark Souls.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:53   Link #687
Dist

You're missing the point. Everything about Skyrim is epic, especially the OST. The OST with the Dragon battles is amazing.. But what are the battles then? Piss easy .. hardly fitting for such awesome music ;<. Besides, Dragons may be that easy but what about some boss class enemies in dungeons or other areas? They're much harder than Dragons which is kinda dumb.
Old 2011-11-14, 22:57   Link #688
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
You're missing the point. Everything about Skyrim is epic, especially the OST. The OST with the Dragon battles is amazing.. But what are the battles then? Piss easy .. hardly fitting for such awesome music ;<. Besides, Dragons may be that easy but what about some boss class enemies in dungeons or other areas? They're much harder than Dragons which is kinda dumb.
That's a good point.

I struggle more with sabertooth cats than I do with dragons...
Old 2011-11-15, 00:26   Link #689
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Damn, werewolf mode is just freaking beasty. The power attack knocks down the fuck of everyone!
Old 2011-11-15, 01:25   Link #690
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Finally started the Dark Brotherhood line of quests, and lulz. I think I met my favorite character in the game.

That said, I highly suggest downloading the mod on skyrimnexus that changes the color of the Dark Brotherhood armor (though, admittedly, it's far inferior to the loot I have at level 31 ). Maybe it's just me (and the mod author), but I thought the default coloring on it was a tad flamboyant for a bunch of assassins.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 02:18   Link #691
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The game has two parts: the part where people enjoy being the hero and killing dragons, and the part where people try and fight giant guarded mammoths and get splattered.

Dragons are intentionally designed to be either easy, medium or hard, depending which kind of dragon, and as such the easy dragons will always be easy even at level 1, and the hard dragons will always be hard even at level 80. This ensures everyone gets to kill dragons at some stage.

Dragon killing is promised. As in, people pay for the game expecting to kill dragons. So they can, no matter the skill level.

Those who want a challenge can go hunt giants.

EDIT: Actually, despite the ability to stagger dragons with my spells, I still worry whenever I fight them. Mostly because I don't want important villagers to die. So I end up trying to kill them ASAP before the body counts pile up.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-11-15 at 02:28.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 02:34   Link #692
Dist

But Dragon battles are supposed to be epic. I'm the Dragon slayer.. but even the wildlife can kick their asses .. My horse for example has killed one dragon :x. And you do have to agree that the battle music for Dragons is epic, something you'd expect from epic boss. But are Dragons epic bosses? No. They're too easy.

Dragons tend to attack me while out in the wildlife anyway, and I crush all before me sooner or later so villagers dying isn't a problem. Important NPC's cannot even die so I don't really see where are you coming from..? Either way, whether a Dragon or a Frost Dragon, or whatever harder ones there are, they're all too easy with staggering spells. It doesn't matter what Dragon it is if they all stagger because they can't even attack me if they can be staggered :x

But then, take Draugr Deathlord for example.. My magics barely scratch them so I have to overcharge firebolt MANY MANY times. This means I'll run out of Magic before their hp is even at half way.. Which means they're harder than dragons because one hit = death.

Btw there's no level 80 in the game lmao.

Anyway your opinion may differ, and obviously does, but surely I'm entitled to my own opinion in which I feel dragons should play bigger and harder part in the game and not be just pushovers? Hopefully there will be a mod soon for '' realistic dragons '' that offer deadly and hard battles. I want challenging Dragons, not challenging Giants.. besides Giants aren't even challenging. Killed one at level 6.

.. Which leads to the question ; When are the modtools going to be released or have they already? I know there's a lot of mods already but not sure if any of them are done by the modtools as that would explain the small and limited amount of types of mods we have.

Last edited by Dist; 2011-11-15 at 02:53.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 04:40   Link #693
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Got a random useless followers with me, anyway to get rid of him? Or should i let him die by the giant?

Thought i can let him tag along for quest or so, but now Lydia does not follow me anymore...
Old 2011-11-15, 04:56   Link #694
Who

Quote:
Got a random useless followers with me, anyway to get rid of him? Or should i let him die by the giant?

Thought i can let him tag along for quest or so, but now Lydia does not follow me anymore...
Just talk to him to part ways. The option should be there at the very bottom of the chat options.
Old 2011-11-15, 05:02   Link #695
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Just talk to him to part ways. The option should be there at the very bottom of the chat options.
I can't even chat with him. He kept saying "we should not waste time or the like".

Now thinking about it, is he a quest NPC? Didn't see any relevant quest in the Journal. but got him in the temple after that "getting tree sap" quest (for reviving the holy tree in Whiterun)
Old 2011-11-15, 05:09   Link #696
Dist

How about just killing the NPC? Problem solved :P
Old 2011-11-15, 05:19   Link #697
Who

Quote:
I can't even chat with him. He kept saying "we should not waste time or the like".

Now thinking about it, is he a quest NPC? Didn't see any relevant quest in the Journal. but got him in the temple after that "getting tree sap" quest (for reviving the holy tree in Whiterun)
Says in the page for the quest that you have to allow him to pray at the tree.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Blessings_of_Nature
Old 2011-11-15, 05:27   Link #698
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
*alarming image goes here*
Please tell me this isn't real.
Old 2011-11-15, 06:02   Link #699
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Says in the page for the quest that you have to allow him to pray at the tree.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Blessings_of_Nature
Oh yeah THAT npc. I didn't kill him, though I planned to '' sacrifice '' him at the tree... On our way to the tree a damn dragon attacked and ate him .. stole my kill, that bastard
Old 2011-11-15, 06:07   Link #700
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Cool.. thank , so we won't have to feed him to the giant i guess

My main weapon is still bow, but it's too low on damage with certain mobs. Can wear down giant and mammoth, but killing that witch (to get the sword) and the wisp mother was a real pain. Have to take cover against fireball/ice shard, get close and bash through their skulls with mace

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim