AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-07, 22:45   Link #4321
andrewsch5658
*Author

I actually had something on my mind, thought I don't it'll ever happen and might be a pointless one, still, I gonna share it with u guys, feel free to give any opinion if u want, I won't might about it.

Spoiler for my thought:
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 04:17   Link #4322
sora12

so d grayman anime is already finished? I mean does episode 103 is already its end?
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 04:43   Link #4323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, I've just remembered to add to the list-

The Leaf of Revival Arc is not desirable, too predictable and straightforward for my taste... Strongly advise to skip.

The Millennium Swordman Arc is a good, respectable mystery story with an interesting twist at the end, strongly advised to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post

Spoiler for my thought:
People dislike the first 50 episodes because they have already had the mindset of "Fillers = Bad".

And the reason why the second season had little to no whiners, is because the first season had already weeded them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora12 View Post
so d grayman anime is already finished? I mean does episode 103 is already its end?
The story is still continuing in the manga if that's what you're asking...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-11-08 at 05:04.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 05:42   Link #4324
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
People dislike the first 50 episodes because they have already had the mindset of "Fillers = Bad".
I thought a lot of the first 50... eh... 29 episodes were boring even if I had no idea which parts of it were filler and not. The only anime-original story I actually liked was Allen meeting General Yeegar, as it made his death have more of an impact. But the two filler-arcs between Miranda's arc and Krory's weren't really that good in my opinion. I just thought that the first "season" wasn't really that impressive, and it wasn't before I read the manga that I really managed to get into the story. But I'll still buy the DVDs once they come out, as there WERE some good parts in there too.
Old 2008-11-08, 05:56   Link #4325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Really? For what it was meant to do- Introduction into this alternate ending of the 19th century- I thought it painted a very well done picture of this dark scenario.

I was immediately hooked after the 2nd episode and burned through all 90 chapters of the manga.
Old 2008-11-08, 06:07   Link #4326
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The hate people have against fillers is very over the top and pointless (like i've said a number of times). I mean just because it's not manga material, doesn't mean it's filler --- that's one factor that a lot of people seem to forget.

Anyway, i loved the first 50 episodes. I really didn't see anything wrong with then.

Edit: Track listing for the third soundtrack.

1. 伯爵のモノローグ [Earl's Monologue]
2. Doubt & Trust ~ダウト&トラスト~(89秒ver.) [89 Second ver.]
3. 激動(TVサイズ) [Gekidou (TV Size)
4. 神ノ道化 [God's Clown]
5. 予感 [Premonition]
6. アジア支部の仲間たち [Friend's of the Asian Branch]
7. バクとフォー [Bak & Fou]
8. アニタ [Anita]
9. 海の男達 [Men of the Sea]
10. レベル3 [Level 3]
11. 日本上陸 [Arrival in Japan]
12. ちょめ助 [Chomesuke]
13. 方舟出現 [The Ark's Appearance]
14. 嘆きの旋律 [Melody of Grievance]
15. ノアズ メモリー [Noah's Memory]
16. エクソシストvsノア [Exorcist vs. Noah]
17. ジャスデビ [Jasdevi]
18. ティキ覚醒 [Tyki Awakens]
19. ラビの苦悩 [Lavi's Despair]
20. 戦いへの決意 [Determined to Fight]
21. 福音 [Good News]
22. つないだ手にキスを [Please Give a Kiss to His Hands That You Hold]
23. ホームへ [To Home]
24. マルコム・C・ルベリエ [Malcolm C. Leverrier]
25. 本部襲撃 [Headquarters Attacked]
26. クロス・マリアン [Cross Marian]
27. Darkness 4
28. アカノカクゴ [Red Resolve]
29. Next Stage
30. あなたがここにいる理由(TVサイズ) [The Reason Why You Are Here (TV Size)]
31. Wish TV size
32. regret D.Gray-manエンディングVer.
33. Changin’(アニメver.).

Hmm, i can link most of the tracks to the ones i want though i still have this sinking feeling that a few tracks i do want aren't going to appear on it.

(Taken from the D.Gray-man live-journal community.)

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-11-08 at 07:05.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 11:57   Link #4327
sora12

then what chapter is episode 103 in manga?
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 12:07   Link #4328
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora12 View Post
then what chapter is episode 103 in manga?
Around Chapter 158.

I thought that the first 50 episodes were really good at times, and I enjoyed most of them as they helped expand on things which weren't present in the manga.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:36   Link #4329
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

This background music really struck me and I need help identifying its title. I think the first time I heard of it was in episode 51, min 12:12~12:40. And then in episode 52 min 8:40~9:15. I don't think it's in OST 1 or 2. I could be wrong though, so if someone can clarify that for me please. Sounds like it could be 'Men of the Sea' in OST 3, maybe.

I'm only at episode 65 now by the way. I've heard a lot of complaints of fillers in the show, but in all honesty I really couldn't tell which was filler which was not. Admittedly, there were a few bad episodes but the flow is always there, progress is still evident, and these extra incidents actually add more to character development as I see it. However, can't say I enjoyed the show much up to this point, it's so average in every aspect excluding the music.
Old 2008-11-08, 15:23   Link #4330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie View Post
This background music really struck me and I need help identifying its title. I think the first time I heard of it was in episode 51, min 12:12~12:40. And then in episode 52 min 8:40~9:15. I don't think it's in OST 1 or 2. I could be wrong though, so if someone can clarify that for me please. Sounds like it could be 'Men of the Sea' in OST 3, maybe.
No it's not on the first two soundtracks.
Old 2008-11-08, 17:44   Link #4331
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll admit that I enjoyed the second half quite a bit more. But still were some good things in that first half of the series. Got introduced to the characters, saw some development, and overall had some good times. Obviously some stuff I probably would prefer they had not done, but pretty much what I'd say about any series. Just glad they really worked well with the material near the end.
Old 2008-11-08, 17:56   Link #4332
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll admit that I enjoyed the second half quite a bit more. But still were some good things in that first half of the series. Got introduced to the characters, saw some development, and overall had some good times. Obviously some stuff I probably would prefer they had not done, but pretty much what I'd say about any series. Just glad they really worked well with the material near the end.
The only episode's which I thought were mediocer were 31 and 32, other than that I loved the first 51 episodes (sometimes more so than the second half). They expanded on Suman Dark's back story, Daisya’s was made into a likable character (and stayed in the polls ever since <_<) Allen's time with Cross, Krory and his relationship with Ellade, and had really great Opening and Endings.
Old 2008-11-09, 06:37   Link #4333
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Really? For what it was meant to do- Introduction into this alternate ending of the 19th century- I thought it painted a very well done picture of this dark scenario.

I was immediately hooked after the 2nd episode and burned through all 90 chapters of the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The hate people have against fillers is very over the top and pointless (like i've said a number of times). I mean just because it's not manga material, doesn't mean it's filler --- that's one factor that a lot of people seem to forget.

Anyway, i loved the first 50 episodes. I really didn't see anything wrong with then.

Edit: Track listing for the third soundtrack.

1. 伯爵のモノローグ [Earl's Monologue]
2. Doubt & Trust ~ダウト&トラスト~(89秒ver.) [89 Second ver.]
3. 激動(TVサイズ) [Gekidou (TV Size)
4. 神ノ道化 [God's Clown]
5. 予感 [Premonition]
6. アジア支部の仲間たち [Friend's of the Asian Branch]
7. バクとフォー [Bak & Fou]
8. アニタ [Anita]
9. 海の男達 [Men of the Sea]
10. レベル3 [Level 3]
11. 日本上陸 [Arrival in Japan]
12. ちょめ助 [Chomesuke]
13. 方舟出現 [The Ark's Appearance]
14. 嘆きの旋律 [Melody of Grievance]
15. ノアズ メモリー [Noah's Memory]
16. エクソシストvsノア [Exorcist vs. Noah]
17. ジャスデビ [Jasdevi]
18. ティキ覚醒 [Tyki Awakens]
19. ラビの苦悩 [Lavi's Despair]
20. 戦いへの決意 [Determined to Fight]
21. 福音 [Good News]
22. つないだ手にキスを [Please Give a Kiss to His Hands That You Hold]
23. ホームへ [To Home]
24. マルコム・C・ルベリエ [Malcolm C. Leverrier]
25. 本部襲撃 [Headquarters Attacked]
26. クロス・マリアン [Cross Marian]
27. Darkness 4
28. アカノカクゴ [Red Resolve]
29. Next Stage
30. あなたがここにいる理由(TVサイズ) [The Reason Why You Are Here (TV Size)]
31. Wish TV size
32. regret D.Gray-manエンディングVer.
33. Changin’(アニメver.).

Hmm, i can link most of the tracks to the ones i want though i still have this sinking feeling that a few tracks i do want aren't going to appear on it.

(Taken from the D.Gray-man live-journal community.)
I agree with both Chaos2Frozen and Shiroth. I immediately loved it when saw the opening in the 1st episode+episode 1 atmosphere.

Thanks for the info there, Shiroth. Still, I thought it would have around 40 tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
The only episode's which I thought were mediocer were 31 and 32, other than that I loved the first 51 episodes (sometimes more so than the second half). They expanded on Suman Dark's back story, Daisya’s was made into a likable character (and stayed in the polls ever since <_<) Allen's time with Cross, Krory and his relationship with Ellade, and had really great Opening and Endings.
True, sometimes I got that feeling too. Still, loved the series till the end. Hope there will be an announcement of when DGM 2(or something like that) will be.
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 11:50   Link #4334
Blerghovic
Meh

I think the music and VA in D.Gray-Man was brilliant. I can't pick out a single moment where I thought 'his voice sounded weird there' or 'that music doesn't fit at all'.
Old 2008-11-14, 14:19   Link #4335
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Have a point. Though after the Suman and Daisya stuff I feared any character information that got handed out . Felt like information was a signal that they were going to die any time. Of course fewer characters ended up dying than I expected. Did like episodes that gave some depth to other characters though.

I liked the Opening and Endings to a degree. Other than the point where most spoiled me badly about some things that would happen. Thus leading to me not even watching the last one until the final episode or so .
Old 2008-11-17, 16:15   Link #4336
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This past weekend came and went my local anime convention.

Although I only went for one day on Sunday, I have fun with my friend and purchased a lot of mangas that I eagerly wished to buy.

The main topic of this post is to comment that, although D.Gray-man has not of yet been broadcast in Mexico either through cable-TV or Animax, at my local convention I saw a few teens cosplaying as D.Gray-man characters.

A guy in a Lavi cosplay costume with all an eyepatch and with an elaborated hammer.

Another boy in an Allen cosplay costume with the scar and the white hair and with the claw (the first incarnation of the Innocence from season one) activated, and a made-up Timcampy sitting on his head.

An Earl cosplay costume including the sword, but the mask impersonating the Earl's face seemed to me more like a cardboard box.

The D.Gray-man cosplay costume that piqued my interest the most were of a couple of fourteen-year-old girls faithfully cosplaying the Noah Twins- Debit and Jasdero.

But, it sucks for me not having a camera, otherwise, I would have posted the pictures in my post.

Too bad, but I did not find or see other people cosplaying as Kanda, Tykki, Road, or Lenalee.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:03   Link #4337
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have a point. Though after the Suman and Daisya stuff I feared any character information that got handed out . Felt like information was a signal that they were going to die any time. Of course fewer characters ended up dying than I expected. Did like episodes that gave some depth to other characters though.

I liked the Opening and Endings to a degree. Other than the point where most spoiled me badly about some things that would happen. Thus leading to me not even watching the last one until the final episode or so .
That is the part that really made me happy about the anime originals, they weren't just there to fill in time; they actually expanded on the story and gave the characters personalities. General Yeegar, Suman and Daisya all were more interesting and their fate was sadder than in the manga.

And yeah, while the music for the opening were good, the way they just spoilt everything from the opening was sort of annoying. I always wondered why they showed Tyki standing in a forest of bamboo with the Teez and showed that Road was A Noah right in the first opening not to mention showed Miranda in her Exorcist uniform. Whoops, just spoiled the entire half of the manga before the first episode began

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This past weekend came and went my local anime convention.

Although I only went for one day on Sunday, I have fun with my friend and purchased a lot of mangas that I eagerly wished to buy.

The main topic of this post is to comment that, although D.Gray-man has not of yet been broadcast in Mexico either through cable-TV or Animax, at my local convention I saw a few teens cosplaying as D.Gray-man characters.

A guy in a Lavi cosplay costume with all an eyepatch and with an elaborated hammer.

Another boy in an Allen cosplay costume with the scar and the white hair and with the claw (the first incarnation of the Innocence from season one) activated, and a made-up Timcampy sitting on his head.

An Earl cosplay costume including the sword, but the mask impersonating the Earl's face seemed to me more like a cardboard box.

The D.Gray-man cosplay costume that piqued my interest the most were of a couple of fourteen-year-old girls faithfully cosplaying the Noah Twins- Debit and Jasdero.

But, it sucks for me not having a camera, otherwise, I would have posted the pictures in my post.

Too bad, but I did not find or see other people cosplaying as Kanda, Tykki, Road, or Lenalee.
It sounds like you had fun there I think that it must be really hard to cosplay as Tykki or Road, because of their hair it must be difficult. And I really wanted to see the Noah Twins pictures
Old 2008-11-17, 17:09   Link #4338
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And yeah, while the music for the opening were good, the way they just spoilt everything from the opening was sort of annoying. I always wondered why they showed Tyki standing in a forest of bamboo with the Teez and showed that Road was A Noah right in the first opening not to mention showed Miranda in her Exorcist uniform. Whoops, just spoiled the entire half of the manga before the first episode began
It's true that the OP's did include spoiler material, but then again that pretty much happens with any show. The good thing about the situation here is that the scenes shown built up the anime only viewers into wanting to know more, making the show more enjoyable with added anticipation.

The fourth OP though, wow a lot spoilers we had there.
Old 2008-11-17, 17:26   Link #4339
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's true that the OP's did include spoiler material, but then again that pretty much happens with any show. The good thing about the situation here is that the scenes shown built up the anime only viewers into wanting to know more, making the show more enjoyable with added anticipation.

The fourth OP though, wow a lot spoilers we had there.
I guess, but they didn't to have to show things that weren't meant to be shown until about 50 episodes in advance .

But yeah, they didn't really take that much excitement from the actual events. Unlike the 4th one, as it spoiled everything in advance. Allen’s Innocence and the Generals were the biggest problem with that opening, not to mention the fact that they shoed everyone back at HQ.
Old 2008-11-17, 20:52   Link #4340
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's not a spoiler if you don't know what it is... And if you know what it is, then it's not a spoiler to you either.

Every OP has spoilers yes, but if you don't know who Tykki is, who Road is, who Krory really is (I mean, who thought he was a bad guy base on the OP? I sure many people did) then you're not really spoiled are you?

You're simply intrigued.

The reason why you would be spoiled is when the people beside you go, "OMG SPOILER!!!".

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk