AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-03-25, 17:33   Link #801
Wandering Soul

I went into this expecting a nice comfy show about an overpowered girl doing cute things with her friends and that's what I got. I can say I'm satisfied and looking forward to season 2.
Old 2020-03-25, 18:03   Link #802
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Full version of Kyukyoku Unbalance with english subtitles. It's nice to know what the song is saying. ^^

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 18:04   Link #803
The Green One

Been a while since I've actually watched a series to completion. I'll enjoy watching season 2 as well as the continued whining about how this is the worse made game in all of creation.
Old 2020-03-25, 18:04   Link #804
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

If any series needed a season 2 it was this one.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 18:17   Link #805
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Been a while since I've actually watched a series to completion. I'll enjoy watching season 2 as well as the continued whining about how this is the worse made game in all of creation.
Devs : Well she's selling the game, so why not?

Maple : eating solves all my problems!
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 18:21   Link #806
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Devs : Well she's selling the game, so why not?
Pretty much. Blue Knight seemed to write it off as them giving her a pass because she's cute, but really I think that's the core right there. She's so entertaining and unpredictable (and yes the cuteness helps) that people are flocking to the game. Why interfere with their biggest selling point?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 18:52   Link #807
Liddo-kun
is this so?

saw at a post in MAL that this is currently one of the top streamed show in chinese streaming service.

A little more thought into the episode..

Fredericka should have just run away instead of trying to fight godzilla.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-03-25 at 19:15.
Old 2020-03-25, 19:11   Link #808
Magewolf

I think what sets Maple apart from most other OP protagonists is that it is fun to watch her having fun being OP. There is no harem gathering, world ending crisis to face or even any lives hanging in the balance. It's just fun.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 19:12   Link #809
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
in maple is worst because she get strong by just "being maple" and no one can get/have acess any of her op skills because or they are unique or the totally competent gms "remove the acess because they know how broken it to allow spread but "somehow let maple keep the broken stuff" because now she is the game "selling point", come play our game to get your chance to be "mapled".
I don't think it makes as little sense as you make it out to be. When you see the guy striking gold, you can have two reactions. You can say "Rob his gold and give me a slice." Or you can realize in the long run, it means at least there are goldmines, and the rules needed to "justify" the former will rob you of your chance to get rich. I don't doubt a lot of real life players will be short-sighted and choose the first anyway, but that's not exactly something that needs advertisement in the anime.

In the end, they only nerfed the access to Absolute Defence. The rest are still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the overpowered hero last season has done the preparations right, the hints are there but its hints and not shown directly to your face, like here.
Considering that that one's theme is that the Protagonist really prepares, while I understand the point of not overly telegraphing things, I think they really should have erred more on this side of things.

Because that one loses his whole market differentiation if the viewer / reader isn't convinced he had prepared the shots in advance. Vague hints and post facto inserts (called "flashbacks") just aren't the same
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 19:48   Link #810
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think what sets Maple apart from most other OP protagonists is that it is fun to watch her having fun being OP. There is no harem gathering, world ending crisis to face or even any lives hanging in the balance. It's just fun.
I believe it also helps that the Studio and the directors did their jobs right.

While a lot of things were cut out, it was still a very good and in some ways superior adaptation of the source material.

Look no further then the last episode which was a parody goldmine. And this sets the rules in how to enjoy the show, and enjoy we did.

Maple is fanservice and fanservice is Maple. In it for the memes, will not disappoint.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 20:44   Link #811
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
saw at a post in MAL that this is currently one of the top streamed show in chinese streaming service.
ONE HUNDRED MILLION views in Bilibili, even surpassing Railgun T in what we know is "home turf".

Edit: It's now at 120m views. Wew.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2020-03-25 at 22:26.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 22:06   Link #812
Marina2

Looking forward to season2.

Honestly, I think some people don't fully realize that "Maple being OP" is a kind of thing you should feel funny and enjoy to watch without questing about its reason or credibility.

Once you try to be serious about some details that creator clearly want to be just a 'gag', especially in comedy anime like this, you will not enjoy it. It likes you watch Mr.bean and always question about its illogical situation.
Old 2020-03-25, 22:52   Link #813
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 22:55   Link #814
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Happy for Yumikan sensei. His work is a success. thanks for creating Bofuri.

I wrote a shameless review on MAL and anilist. ><

https://anilist.co/review/6146
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=332840
Old 2020-03-25, 23:15   Link #815
Blueknight78

to be fair what annoying me more here is not she "being op" because somehow i'm getting used to that after so many self wishfullfiment isekais, my big issue is which while the game settings is a "fantasy medieval" world where peoples are using "swords", BOWS" and maybe, maybe some "old renascence/medieval type of guns fantasy GUNS(like wow) we have maples getting acess to a freaking op mecha with "some town destroyer blasts even having a turtle with that, the gms breaking they own "game settings" and that armor is unique which means "only maple" have this freaking op armor which don't have any "cd, or any real requeriment which at best would be sacrifice her "armor which is also unique and can "regenerate from totally being break just "because she can", but really the mecha is the most hard part to "endure", even the previous cute op girl" in a fantasy setting the one where girl wanted to be "average" was more funny and "beliavable because at last she follow the "world rules" like only using magic and having insane fighting power, which while is pretty op her level she still "inside the world theme" and not pulling like a mecha or a tank or anything "impossible or supposed to be impossible for this world".

this without counting the fact which again some of her skills are direct linked to her "broken stats" or broken skills the "eat" the enemie which make impossible to most of the peoples have acess to that skills and another problem is the fact which some of maples "itens are "unique OP " items which only her get making again impossible to anyone have acess to it and it's just the beginner for sure she will accidentally bump into to get even more "broken itens and skills to make her even more impossible to beat no matter how the others "make any efforts", i really feel bad for the blonde guy when he say "i will work hard or she had worked "hard" to get what she get(that moment make me laught insane), if him find out "how much she worked HARD, he could be embarrased for the rest if his life and also even if any other person being attracted by her "fame" also ending finding out how she is getting so "OP" again i really would doubt if they would like to keep playing knowing how much impossible would be for anyone to get on her "level" or even close to that.

another note:

Spoiler for comparation with novel:
Old 2020-03-25, 23:17   Link #816
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, this was a pretty good closing episode. It stuck to its guns of having a series centered around an OP character while still giving proper respect to the challengers character development wise instead of them being a caricature of a character like in other series in the genre. It really felt like they had Maple Tree on the ropes there, and it does feel like Payne has a real shot at defeating Maple should the circumstances be different. Consider me pumped for S2.

One thing that I feel was not sufficiently explained is why Maple seems to be the only one with 3rd floor high tech weapons. It feels like more people should be having access to laser guns even if they do not have a full blown mecha. specially considering Maple tree was not particularly fast in getting there. Is it because Maple jumped ahead of everyone else event wise via her flying turtle?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 23:37   Link #817
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
One thing that I feel was not sufficiently explained is why Maple seems to be the only one with 3rd floor high tech weapons. It feels like more people should be having access to laser guns even if they do not have a full blown mecha. specially considering Maple tree was not particularly fast in getting there. Is it because Maple jumped ahead of everyone else event wise via her flying turtle?
Each character probably has a build, and the Third Level doesn't have the stuff they need to maximize their respective builds. That's not to say that no one really benefited from Third Level content. After all, Frederica already built a flying mount by the time she was snooping on Maple Tree.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-26, 01:02   Link #818
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I really enjoyed this series, very good story and had a lot of great and funny moments.

Very happy to hear it's getting a 2nd season
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-26, 03:30   Link #819
rladls2121

To think everyone is cool with Maple the way she is to the very end, no actually this isn't the end, far from it.
Fredericka calling it unfair, she is blushing right? This is what the word "Tsundere" means right?
And Payne approves of Maple without any doubts, it wasn't all luck, it's all skill, and he thinks this is completely fair.
The only thing they are not cool with is denying what Maple thinks of the gameplay as "Playing Normally".

So in the end, it seems everyone wants to cheer on Maple to go defense all the way.
There is nothing wrong with this kind of game, this is the best video VR game, and no other games beats New World Online.
The complaints, they are non-existant or something like they pretend to be complaining just playing around, playing pretend-complaining is so much fun, I'm confused.
No, the game would be discontinued if the developers actually balance Maple's stats.
Her OP Stats is what makes this game the best.

This game changed Maple, no Kaede's life.
In a good way?
So what about ours? I seriously don't know, what is life again?

The life right now, online meeting place is one of the most safe place to meet up with everyone.
Offline meeting means bad as in closing it distance between ourselves and risk getting sick, then may get worse.
I think this may be a good time we need something like this VR game or just VR for everyone can meet with and efficient as these fictional series.
Having to eat virtual foods and drinks together gets your spirits up in these hard times.
Who knows?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-26, 07:19   Link #820
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well, Bofuri was quite the enjoyable view and it ended at nice spot. Looking forward to season 2

It was fun and had awesome and intense moments without the typical drama attached to these types of series. I liked it so much I just might buy Bofuri merch.

Also...it's giving me that itch to play an MMO

Tags
adventure, bofuri, maple