AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-13, 23:18   Link #41
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

I guess it is like Pacific Rim but the kaiju hunters don't need to pilot giant robots to fight the giant monsters.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 00:39   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for first impressions:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 01:57   Link #43
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Them MCX ARs don't get shown. Looks like the ARs in the anime are a mashup of the MCX and modular ARs like the ACR.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-20, 10:09   Link #44
Frontier

Kafka and Mina were really cute as kids, both aspiring to fight side-by-side against Kaiju...less cute is Mina seriously hunting him down now that Kafka is a Kaiju .

The OP is very...artsy, with so much CG, genes, mutations, weapons, Kaiju, CG Kafka, Mina, and Kaiju No. 8 .

Okay, so Kafka's transformed into a Kaiju, but he's still him, right? He just has a smile like Venom, can't control his own strength, can transform into some kind of kudzu Kaiju, and pees out of his nipples. Forget joining the defense force, who would take him as a bride like this ?

But he's also got Kaiju senses that let him detect Kaiju, and when he realizes a little girl is in danger while trying to save her mother, he'll go into action! He may be a Kaiju, but he's still a hero! And he manages to solo and slay his first Kaiju !

And while he may have scared that little girl, she was able to realize he was a good Kaiju and thank him, even making Mina realize something more is going on...with Kaiju No. 8 .

Kafka's a celebrity now! And public Kaiju No. 1! But better news is he and Ichikawa have gotten past the first round, so it's all good right? Even if he still can't completely maintain his transformation back to human form and slips up every now and then, but he's got Ichikawa right? Or maybe not...actually, maybe Kafka shouldn't be doing this even if it's his last shot .

But Kafka and Ichikawa aren't alone, they've got redhead pompadour guy, pleasant green-haired guy, and jogging blonde dude as fellow examinees...and also a sassy short blonde in twintails voiced by Fairouz Ai who wears a skintight power suit and tosses the company car from their parking spot so she can park in her lucky number. And this Kikoru Shinomiya isn't just insulting and demeaning Kafka, she smells the Kaiju on him !

The ED is pretty nice with a scientist person looking over the daily life of the Defense Force along with their battles against Kaiju .
Old 2024-04-20, 14:41   Link #45
Lex79

I already hate the blonde girl...
Old 2024-04-20, 18:24   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have to say I don't really see the appeal of this show. The premise has been done countless times before and they're doing anything interesting with it. The other characters haven't been introduced though, maybe some of them will stand out. I guess twintail girl did stand out, just in a very bad way. We're probably supposed to hate her and then at some point Kafka will save her life and she'll do a complete 180.
Old 2024-04-20, 19:52   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have to say I don't really see the appeal of this show. The premise has been done countless times before and they're doing anything interesting with it. The other characters haven't been introduced though, maybe some of them will stand out. I guess twintail girl did stand out, just in a very bad way. We're probably supposed to hate her and then at some point Kafka will save her life and she'll do a complete 180.
It feels more Kaiju-oriented compared to other Shonen anime. Almost like an Ultraman anime in a way.
Old 2024-04-20, 20:56   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good think Kikoru is rich since I'd totally have her pay for the damages to the company car. Honestly she's lucky they'll likely look the other way. Since she probably should be failed on the spot for abusing that suit in order to damage other people's property. A pretty awful first impression to be sure. Only thing she's got is being cute, but is kind of wasting it.

A risky road ahead. But I kind of like both the time gap since the initial transformation and the reason for the risks being necessary. In some cases Kafka could be questioned on not waiting and doing this another time. But this is his last shot. There's no guarantee they'd up the age selection range any higher. This is his shot and if he's not willing to give up on his dreams then he has to do it. Even if he currently has an unwelcome designation as Kaiju No 8. A very noteworthy existence.

I like the setting. Really leans both into the kaiju concept and a world that has had to accept this as part of the new normal. These things have been there for decades and there's been no escaping it. Plus I like that Kafka has a goal and he's doing all that the can to catch up even now.

The OP was pretty crazy. Feels like a crazy visual they'd throw up before starting a live action adaptation of this story .

I'll keep on enjoying this one.
Old 2024-04-20, 22:47   Link #49
Gerard07

I like the anime, the animation is good and also the story, as well as the characters, looking forward to the next chapter!.
Question; Is there no topic for the manga in this forum for this series?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 00:48   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I feel sorry for Shounen Jump mangaka. They just want to write a story, but they have to add in comedy which they can't do. So they just have characters scream and a 30 year old hugging a kid's leg. Probably could have saved 8 minutes if they got rid of the "comedy"

Anyways, if people can just go throwing around cars because they want to, not too sure being a Kaijin is a big deal. She's in the ED too, so she's definitely not being disqualified for committing crimes

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 07:26   Link #51
Kakkou
Tch.

The second episode had some of the most painfully unfunny material I've had the misfortune of subjecting myself to in anime in recent memory. Really drove home that it's a Jump title.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 09:52   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
And then. Kafka's kaiju smiles begin to win the heart and minds of people... Not.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 10:51   Link #53
grecefar

I do look foward to that scene of kafka and mina facing that dragon kaiju, I'm sure that is a future scene with the two of them stading side by side facing the kaiju like their promise.

their reunion too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 11:13   Link #54
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 11:50   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It feels more Kaiju-oriented compared to other Shonen anime. Almost like an Ultraman anime in a way.
At first I mostly thought it was Attack on Titan in a modern setting. You've got the ace childhood friend, and the big mouth MC who turns into one of the monsters. But the tone is much lighter.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-21, 12:17   Link #56
HandofFate

To me, its more of a mix between Chainsaw Man and World Trigger
Old 2024-04-21, 13:33   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I feel sorry for Shounen Jump mangaka. They just want to write a story, but they have to add in comedy which they can't do. So they just have characters scream and a 30 year old hugging a kid's leg. Probably could have saved 8 minutes if they got rid of the "comedy"

Anyways, if people can just go throwing around cars because they want to, not too sure being a Kaijin is a big deal. She's in the ED too, so she's definitely not being disqualified for committing crimes
I feel like it's more the general Japanese style humor.

I think she's definitely not an ordinary civilian if she already has access to that kind of tech.
Old 2024-04-21, 18:06   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The second episode had some of the most painfully unfunny material I've had the misfortune of subjecting myself to in anime in recent memory. Really drove home that it's a Jump title.
That's unfair to a lot of Jump titles. There have been some really funny stuff over the years.

This work is simply below average, at least so far. I figure there's a reason it's popular, or at least used to be because apparently the consensus is that the manga turned to shit half-way through.
Old 2024-04-21, 19:10   Link #59
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Personally, the humor works for me, and I thought this was a good episode.
Old 2024-04-22, 02:17   Link #60
Alchemist007
*Author

The OP is pretty unique. I like the comedy gags here and there but I hope they tone down the frequency. The new girl seems to be a lunatic in need of discipline.