AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 23 26.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 39.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 27.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-28, 01:05   Link #21
Level E
みwiki

So far I'm enjoying Yakusamashi-hen
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 04:09   Link #22
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 10:20   Link #23
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 11:45   Link #24
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 11:51   Link #25
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Actually, there is 24 episodes this time. The first season had 26. I wonder if the information I found was correct.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 11:59   Link #26
MrZombie

There's at least one person that's getting a violent death for sure, besides this has been the most I've enjoyed an anime series in a long time. This anime exclusive arc has been excellent so far and I don't think they'll disappoint us.

Poor Satoko though, she seams to be in the early stages of losing it.
Old 2007-07-28, 12:04   Link #27
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Phew... Okay, that was a very hard episode to go through because of all the suspense and the multiple possible "Oh-snap" moments. But it was a good episode nonetheless - we see that even if Rika just can't take it anymore, she is still trying to get that last bit of determination to try and change her future.
Spoiler:

But personally, I just couldn't tell where where this arc was headed to until the last bits of the episode - I thought Rika would be suspicious of Satoko when Ooishi showed up, and I also thought Satoko would lose faith in her friends and snap like the other characters did in previous arcs. Thankfully, none of that happened, which makes things even more complicated.

But I have to say that... DAMN, I wish the anime would stop making me feel like crap Seriously, Satoko asks for Kuma-chan's help and then bang, before he can help her out,
Spoiler:

And YAY for Shion fanservice - She needs more attention! And more Rika + Satoko fun moments are requested as well. A Gif of Rika-chan forcing herself to put up a gigantic smile is 100% required. Cookies for whoever does it!

Spoiler for Next episode preview:

But I'm definitely looking forward to next week's episode. Ganbatte, Rika-chan, Satoko-chan!

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2007-07-28, 12:26   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh boy another week which I feel terrible for Rika and Satoko. We're seeing even more clearly the despair and sorrow Rika is living with. I'm really worried with her reaching the point that she doesn't want to do anything. We could probably get some insight on Satoko if she was a bit more hopeful, or maybe just dealing with such a heavy burden she doesn't really think about Satoko's fears. Really sad to see her falling down and crying after failing to stop Tomitake.

Satoko is in a tough spot as well right now. Unlike Rika she doesn't have much information and is only working with bits and pieces. Talk by Rika about how she will die, telling Tomitake that he'd die which he did. I wasn't sure if the stalker was her just losing it like Keiichi or something more sinister. But of course with Kuma getting killed like that something is going on. Just who the heck are those guys anyways? They've shown up a few times and I just can't figure out their agenda. Killing someone just because they drove up?

For some reason next week is making me think about something. If anyone remembers those Home Alone movies. Started thinking that this could be what would've gone down if the crooks weren't morons or it wasn't supposed to be a funny movie. Satoko is one trap master so if she wanted to get deadly it would be possible. Something needs to happen since right now it's not looking good for Satoko and Rika now and with her current despair Rika can't have much success in the future.
Old 2007-07-28, 13:33   Link #29
ferthepoet

I think the stalker is real because Satoko has been taking injections and because this episode is from Rika's point of view not Satoko's
Old 2007-07-28, 14:32   Link #30
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
There's at least one person that's getting a violent death for sure
Oh, how easily poor Tomitake is forgotten.;-;
Old 2007-07-28, 14:44   Link #31
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Satoko is one trap master so if she wanted to get deadly it would be possible.
IT is referenced at a point in the story (don't remember where) that Satoko's traps are almost deadly and that she could kill people like that if she wanted, especially if she snaps like it seems she will. So, I think it's a given that we'll see some massive trap action in the next episode. Ike Satoko!

About those guys of the van,

Spoiler for Kuma-chan's killers:

I really can't wait for next week - the preview shows some very interesting bits.

Spoiler for Thoughts about preview:

Last edited by Exilon; 2007-07-28 at 14:54.
Old 2007-07-28, 15:58   Link #32
hirahira
a duck is fine too

This episode was much better than the previous ones because I actually learned something new. Poor Rika. I wonder what Satoko will do
Old 2007-07-28, 17:41   Link #33
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Another win episode, as always. And after this episode, I really like Satoko more now.
Old 2007-07-28, 19:06   Link #34
myopius

Good story... I'm not too tense about how it will wrap up, however. Likely because made this story from the POV of both Satoko and Rika, unlike season 1 where it was almost entirely one person's POV per chapter so I felt sort of taken through that person's experience. I don't feel quite as much dramatic suspense when this storyline is split between two people's issues and features their concern for one another.

I loved the scene where Rika cheered up Satoko. Ah, they're quite awesome.... Also when Rika spoke to Ooishi, that whole exchange was really well-done I think.
Old 2007-07-28, 20:51   Link #35
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts about preview:
Spoiler for the preview:

well then, a rather hardcore episode, and so is the analysis. not too sure this time, considering the sheer amount of hints and various "bordeline" spoilers. nevertherless, nothing foretelling, rest assured.
Episode 4 : Analysis

nothing really peculiar, and no random things this time...
Old 2007-07-28, 21:53   Link #36
kitedragon

I've always thought that this would happen to somebody for some reason, but to my lack of surprise, it actually happens.
Spoiler for Guys in the gray suits:

Poor Kuma kuma. And when will we finally learn about what happened to Irie?

I loved the Rika smile. It hit harder than ni-pah and desu~ combined.

Oh yeah, was this the first time that Rika didn't meet up with the crew at the beginning of the festival?
Old 2007-07-28, 22:38   Link #37
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Using spoiler tag since the subs only just came out.
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2007-07-28, 22:43   Link #38
MonkeyDude

Without the heavy spoilers of the next episode, doesn't it look like Rika is the victim of Rule X, right now anyway? Maybe Satoko next episode...

Dunno if this is considered spoiler but...
Spoiler for Rules?:

Since the supposed rules were explained in Minagoroshi-hen and I believe Rika was oblivious to them before that time, isn't it possible that she fell victim to the own rules she figured out later on?

With the final episode (or should be the final episode) of Yakusamashi-hen airing next week, I wonder how they will do Minagoroshi-hen? Mixed feelings on Rika's monologue in the game...will be awesome to see...but kind of boring all animated I guess...

And I wonder how they will get away with killing a police officer/investigator...I mean they do have perks, but thats going a bit too far o-O
Old 2007-07-28, 23:07   Link #39
Shion's Sanity
Banned

In regards to the gray guys...isn't this thread getting a little spoilerish? I mean, I'm getting the feeling that the things people are saying about them aren't supposed to be known for a good while yet...
Old 2007-07-28, 23:55   Link #40
Aisling

Fantastic episode, as usual. Things are finally starting to get creepy again and it was interesting to see a scene with Tomitake that WASN'T the usual "Tomitake says Hi, explains he's a photographer, etc." we usually see.

Spoiler for Next Episode Preview And Future Events:

Nice to see the return of the Men In Grey, too.
Closed Thread