AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 07:32   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Spice and Wolf here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:33   Link #2
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Yay, more dedicated subject threads! ^_^;

I love the music in this series. The OP is absolutely gorgeous, the ED is charmingly cute, and the score is well suited to the series and blends in very nicely with the overall mood and tone, not being too overpowering like some OSTs are, nor too lacking as others have been. I look forward to the singles and the scores to be released... and of course hearing more music in the series as it unfolds. More excellence from the best series this season!
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:36   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

Anyway else love that um *checks aroduc's blog* flautist solo that seems to be Horo's theme, it's so addictive.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 09:58   Link #4
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

OP and ED are coming out on Februrary 6th, entire soundtrack is due out March 12th.
Old 2008-01-23, 10:38   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The OP really was one thing that impressed me at the start. Something that said this was going to be a good series. A deep song reflecting their journey, but also that there would be tough times along the way.
Old 2008-01-23, 14:12   Link #6
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
^ I couldn't agree more. The OP is unique. It has a very sad melody that I feel nostalgic every time I listen to it. An emotionally driven song IMO. Plus, the OP just hit the jackpot illustrating the journey and emotions the characters are going through like you've said. Simply beautiful. The melody kind of reminded me of a song from Zorro the movie; can't remember which movie and song title though.

edit: did some googling and found that the song was named "I want to spend my lifetime loving u" by Marc Anthony from the movie "The Mask of Zorro".
Old 2008-01-23, 14:18   Link #7
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The OP is quite charming; I like its mellow and melancholy tune.

ED would be better if it had good pronunciation, because I think the song is very catchy and has clever lyrics, but urgh the pronunciation is god-awful and kinda turns me off to it...
Old 2008-01-24, 20:22   Link #8
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
ED would be better if it had good pronunciation, because I think the song is very catchy and has clever lyrics, but urgh the pronunciation is god-awful and kinda turns me off to it...
The Beatles have done this before: Free As A Bird

That is, they've managed to splice John Lennon's voice into a brand new song, years after he died.

So......I'm wondering if there's any AMV creator out there skillful enough to "synthesise" a Beatles cover of Ringo Hiyori?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 20:25   Link #9
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

These are defenitly some of my favorite themes in an anime. The OP has already caught my interest so much I'd probably place it in my top 20 favorite songs (not just anime songs). I wish I could listen to the full length song.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 21:13   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
The OP is quite charming; I like its mellow and melancholy tune.

lol maybe its just me but I find the bad pronunciation charming, its what draws me to the song

all in all OST is not bad at all, everything goes pretty well together.
Old 2008-01-25, 09:32   Link #11
arkxkra
全力全開

o, so the op/ed released on Februrary 6th, and OST on march. Can't wait for the op, ed and OST. I addicted to the OP and ED song, and also the bgm...
Old 2008-01-26, 00:37   Link #12
valet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
The Beatles have done this before: Free As A Bird

That is, they've managed to splice John Lennon's voice into a brand new song, years after he died.

So......I'm wondering if there's any AMV creator out there skillful enough to "synthesise" a Beatles cover of Ringo Hiyori?
Honestly, if you could magically swap the vocal performance like that, I think that song would fit right into the Beatles repertoire. Musically it sounds a lot like something Paul McCartney would have composed and lyrically it really isn't that far off from something John Lennon might have written. If you can't take the pronunciation, try to imagine it being sung like Ob-la-dee, Ob-la-daa and it just seems to work. I have to admit, I've kind of grown attached to the way it's sung now, but either way, to me it's the catchiest ED to come along in a long time. Seems like they always pop up where I'm least expecting them
valet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 12:58   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The ED has gripped my brain ... at first it was a 'wtf" or 'SHOKKU!" but the damn thing won't leave me alone now.

The Ob-la-dee comparison is apt. Sometimes songs are just fun.
Old 2008-02-04, 05:27   Link #14
SLB

When the first i hear the ED,I didn't know what language it was untill some guys told me it's english.BUT... don't you think the pronunciation is "moe"?
SLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 05:52   Link #15
Mez

really like the op, one of the best i've heard for awhile.
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 04:08   Link #16
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I still stand by my original statement that this OP is absolutely gorgeous... probably my favourite OP to date, actually. Full version just makes me love it all the more. I'm not a fan of a lot of OP/ED music, but this song is just beautiful.

The B side isn't terrible, either. Though the instrumental version is a little lacking; the lyrics really make it.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 06:41   Link #17
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Unhappy

The full OP is great, but the la lai ra... la lai ra at end is annoying.

In other way the full ED is perfect.

Last edited by Rhyel; 2008-02-05 at 07:20.
Rhyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 09:03   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The full OP really is good. Had been looking forward to hearing it and the wait was worth it.
Old 2008-02-05, 09:24   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Full ED is absolutely wonderful. I'll be making sure i'm listening to this as i wake up every morning --- what a way to brighten up my day.
Old 2008-02-05, 12:06   Link #20
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Never mind I found them^^