AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2008-02-03, 20:03   Link #701
lua thien
Fallen Exile

I have a feeling that sometime soon, the Balle Masque might pull an all-out assault on Misaki City which would then draw all three Flame Hazes and Yuji into the fray as depicted in the new OP. Sabrac is probably used in the fight to break the stubborn resistence the Balle Masque is facing. Then probably Yoshida gets captured and Bel Peol forces Yuji into a checkmate ultimatum of sorts.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 00:33   Link #702
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I get the feeling the whole song might actually sound much better and make more 'musical sense' in case anyone feels that some parts of it might sound disjointed. Anyway, the action sequences were superb. Now, if they could use that kind of animation for all of the fights...
I agree that the song isn't one that you'd like after your first listen. I personally never really judge a song the first time I hear it (Unless it's really needed, mostly when I hear rap music), so I'll probably grow to like it eventually.
I'd also like to comment that the animation sequence really was superb, it had seemed like J.C. Staff had been working harder on their animation quality since they began production of Shigofumi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
I have a feeling that sometime soon, the Balle Masque might pull an all-out assault on Misaki City which would then draw all three Flame Hazes and Yuji into the fray as depicted in the new OP. Sabrac is probably used in the fight to break the stubborn resistence the Balle Masque is facing. Then probably Yoshida gets captured and Bel Peol forces Yuji into a checkmate ultimatum of sorts.
That's.. a far cry at the very least.
You can usually base very little off of an anime's OP sequence; if I recall correctly, some of Bleach's opening sequences showed very little fighting, while Inukami!'s did. (though there were a couple of fight scenes in Inukami!, it was far from a central aspect of the series.)
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:04   Link #703
lua thien
Fallen Exile

When Hecate was about to dismantle Yuji, I wonder if she could also be thinking: “You rejected me a few months ago when we first met so it’s payback time! But don't be scared because once I'm done with you, I’ll take YOUR memories as a nice bonus so that you won’t be completely forgotten!”

Last edited by lua thien; 2008-02-20 at 12:34.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 08:38   Link #704
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
When Hecate was about to dismantle Yuji, I wonder if she could also be thinking: “You rejected me a few months ago when we first met so it’s payback time! But don't be scared because once I'm done with you, I’ll take YOUR memories as a nice bonus so that you won’t be completely forgotten!”
That's a worthy thought and that last scene in ep. 16 has to be more than just Konoe's influence.
Well, the soft days are officially over.

Anyways, now all hell is about to break loose.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 02:02   Link #705
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I swear I'm just going to attach the subtitle "Yuji of the rebellion" after SnSII, since I've marathoned Code Geass last week, and drew a parallel between Lelouch's rebellion against Britannia and.......

Spoiler for Yuji's rebellion:

Both of them want to create a new world of peace.

I end my post with this little vid.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1239316
Old 2008-02-25, 23:10   Link #706
Ultenth

Anyone else getting very disappointed with this season? It seems in season 1 a lot of the focus was more on Shana and her story, and this season with the focus on Yuji and his obliviousness to other's feelings just isn't cutting it for me. I hope the focus gets back on Shana soon, and they stop messing around with all this other stuff. Just my feelings on the matter anyway. Shana shouldn't be a bit player in an anime named after her in my opinion, but that seems like what she's become.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 23:35   Link #707
Crisano

Well, I don't think Shana is "bit player". I mean, the show still focuses on her, probably not to the same extent as last season. Besides, I think it is better they don't focus sorely on her and ignore everyone else; the others need time to develop too.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:01   Link #708
Ultenth

Yes, they do, but for me the main interest I had in the show was Shana herself, and her kind of walking in two world and figuring out the normal world. I guess I just don't find yet another love triangle show with a little bit of boring action (which is what this show has become to me) nearly as interesting. I think they should have just named the second season Reiji Maigo no Yuji or something like that, so people would know what they are getting. Everything Shana has done so far this season has been in reaction to or for the sake of Yuji, and I guess I'd just like to see her character to be a bit stronger and more dominant like it seemed to be in season 1, which is what drew me to the show.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:01   Link #709
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Does Reiji Maigo grant infinite life to the bearer? If that is so, can Yuji activate it at will and not until midnight only? How much episode of season 2 have been released and can someone tell me where to buy the original copy at Malaysia?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 16:24   Link #710
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
...How much episode of season 2 have been released....
19 episodes already been aired, and 18 episodes already subbed.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 18:58   Link #711
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
I've just finished the first season of Shakugan no Shana. I find it damn nice as the visual effect was just outstanding and the characters are...well, just full of characters. I also love the music in Shakugan no Shana as they fit the current situation in the anime perfectly. From what I've seen everyone have been discussing, is it possible that the second season focus less on Shana?? If that's so, then who are the main characters they are focusing on now?

Exactly how many episodes will be present in the second season of Shakugan no Shana? Is there any new antagonist or protagonist? If there is, is these new characters powerful? By the way, if the existence capacity of a sole person is infinite, then by midnight will Reiji Maigo restore the existence power back to infinite??
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 20:48   Link #712
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
The second season so far seems to focus more on the side characters in order to flesh them out a little more, i.e. Ogata, Keisaku. There seems to be a greater emphasis on Yuji as well, not that he isn't the male protagonist in the first place for nothing, of course; But the events that transpired have much to do with him.

The number of episodes should be the same as Season 1, considering the fact that Macross Frontier will be replacing SnS II starting April 3 in the Thursday timeslot.

There will obviously be new antagonists, though you can find out more in the novel spoiler thread.

Regarding Reiji Maigo...

-It doesn't grant infinite 'life', but more like infinite existence of the Torch who has it....As long as he doesn't expend too much energy, of course. As the name implies, 'Reiji Maigo' also or 'Midnight Stray Child' means that Yuji's power of existence is restored at midnight. He can use it anytime he wants, actually.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:07   Link #713
nookadum

Hmm... episode 19 marks Yuji's first real solo battle with a Guze no Tomogara, and of course he wins. Two Silver-enhanced fireballs, manual strangulation, and a summoned Blutsauger through the chest.

At least this shows that he's not just some weak bishounen anymore. A good episode in my book.
nookadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:48   Link #714
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookadum View Post
At least this shows that he's not just some weak bishounen anymore. A good episode in my book.
That set me thinking. Yuji isn't exactly weak; he just doesn't have the ability to engage in furious combat with the Guze no Tomogara up till now, and even so, it was a small fry like Zarovee with an insignificant amount of existence.

If it would be, I consider Yuji to be strong in his analytical abilities and how he's able to sense things happening. I guess the general opinion is that to be considered strong, you have to be kickass in the action way.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 13:02   Link #715
nookadum

Hmm... if it is on battle analysis, then I believe him to be smart/tactical, not strong (which I believe to be a physical trait/ability). He's always been like that.

But honestly, I was surprised about the strangulation. LOL. I expected him to fight like in the opening sequence, then again, for anyone's first solo fight (especially against a Guze no Tomogara that multiplies itself), you'd probably go with brute force first.

Last edited by nookadum; 2008-02-27 at 13:06. Reason: More thoughts...
nookadum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 21:36   Link #716
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Can anyone kindly inform me where could I download the second season of Shakugan no Shana? I've already finished the first season and I can't wait to see the second season. So, please, if able, please tell me where can I download the series of the second season of Shakugan no Shana. Thanks^^
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 23:10   Link #717
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Can anyone kindly inform me where could I download the second season of Shakugan no Shana? I've already finished the first season and I can't wait to see the second season. So, please, if able, please tell me where can I download the series of the second season of Shakugan no Shana. Thanks^^
I already gave the link in this post.

If you meant Direct Download, then never mind.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:37   Link #718
AznLeester

Hey has anyone seen the movie? Well if you have, do you guys know the name of the song they used at the begining just before the scene were yuuji drops his eraser and hirai picks it up and right after where alastor explains about the stuff. it at the very begining
AznLeester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 13:23   Link #719
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

I was looking up some Japanese names, and I found out than the surname 'Konoe' is one of the top five surnames for nobility. I looked up the name 'Hecate' and found out it was the Latin form of a goddess of witchcraft, demonds, graves and the underworld. It means 'far off'.

I wonder if it was intentional, for the 'Master throne' character.
Old 2009-04-15, 20:52   Link #720
Dr. Casey

I've heard that the second season places more emphasis on the slice-of-life elements than the first. Is this true?

I hope so. I'm on episode 22 of the original, and while I do enjoy it overall (Especially the peaceful episodes that focus on the Shana/Yuji/Kazumi triangle), the action sequences couldn't be more boring.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural