AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 00:19   Link #1261
Joly
モエカステル

Ryukishi07 does supervise the artist's outlines for the manga, so I don't think much of the content from the manga should be ignored. And if the artists do want to contribute their own personal element to the story, they had to go over it with Ryukishi07 himself for approval. At least, that's the impression I got from reading the Ryukishi07 and Karin Suzuragi (Onikakushi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Matsuribayashi-hen manga artist) interview on Yen Plus.

Spoiler for Here's an excerpt of some of it...:
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:00   Link #1262
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
It's been on the back of my mind for awhile but what does the parasite look like? Just curious if there was any illustration. :3
Old 2009-09-02, 14:20   Link #1263
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
If it IS true that neighboring villages have their own parasites, then the situation has changed. Natsumi may have a strain of parasite that is different (mutated?) from the original strain that causes what we call Hinamizawa Syndrome. If so, then there's no telling what changes could result.
Satoko hallucinates that her uncle is still alive and abusing her in Tatarigoroshi-hen, so it the syndrome can cause people to hallucinate entire scenes that are completely detached from reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
It's been on the back of my mind for awhile but what does the parasite look like? Just curious if there was any illustration. :3
There isn't one. We are told practically nothing about that organism and for a good reason. From a biological perspective its attributes make no sense.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:09   Link #1264
CELESTRIAL-HARDRAVE
Spinning my leek

Send a message via MSN to CELESTRIAL-HARDRAVE
Hey everyone!
First time poster long time reader. Higurashi no naku koro ni is my favorite anime series of all time, everything about it excites me and thrills me, its such a fantastic series that has inspired me in so many ways. I have seen Higuarshi no naku koro ni, Kai and Rei. I have also read volumes 1 2 and 3 of the manga/Visual novels.
I want to completely understand and grasp everything there is to know. I have read most if almost all of the Q&A thread, but id like to post my own questions about Onikakushi-hen as I’m still trying to completely understand how this arc plays out, as at the moment I am creating a Interactive website for Higurashi.

So I was hoping if the good people of this board will be able to help me and correct me with my understanding of Onikakushi-hen. I will post a number of questions and some with my own answers, if they are incorrect please try and help me to answer them correctly

Spoiler for title:

I apologize if these questions have been answered before, I’m just finding it hard to find the exact run down I need of the solution to this arc. Thanks for everyones help and I hope I can fit in to this Forum.
Thank you
Old 2009-09-03, 06:48   Link #1265
palpatin

I'm also quite interested in this arc, I also didn't understand all of it...
Spoiler for about the needle:
palpatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 11:20   Link #1266
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CELESTRIAL-HARDRAVE View Post
Hey everyone!
First time poster long time reader. Higurashi no naku koro ni is my favorite anime series of all time, everything about it excites me and thrills me, its such a fantastic series that has inspired me in so many ways. I have seen Higuarshi no naku koro ni, Kai and Rei. I have also read volumes 1 2 and 3 of the manga/Visual novels.
I want to completely understand and grasp everything there is to know. I have read most if almost all of the Q&A thread, but id like to post my own questions about Onikakushi-hen as I’m still trying to completely understand how this arc plays out, as at the moment I am creating a Interactive website for Higurashi.

So I was hoping if the good people of this board will be able to help me and correct me with my understanding of Onikakushi-hen. I will post a number of questions and some with my own answers, if they are incorrect please try and help me to answer them correctly

Spoiler for title:

I apologize if these questions have been answered before, I’m just finding it hard to find the exact run down I need of the solution to this arc. Thanks for everyones help and I hope I can fit in to this Forum.
Thank you
Spoiler:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 11:24   Link #1267
rogerpepitone

Palpatin: K1 left a note saying "Did you find a needle?" in Onikakushi-hen, and that came out in the public investigation.
Old 2009-09-03, 12:19   Link #1268
palpatin

Ah, thank you, although I already expected it was something that trivial, it bothered me quite a bit.
Concerning the sound novels: I already played the demo, and it is so much more detailed, I realize now that it's far more difficult to understand everything without the sound novels.
I'm definitly going to order the translated games from MangaGamer when they're released. I just wonder how high the shipping cost will be, because I live in Germany...
Old 2009-09-03, 12:36   Link #1269
rogerpepitone

As for shipping cost, they're located in the Netherlands, and it's download-only anyway.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:07   Link #1270
palpatin

That relives me. But at the same time I'm a bit disappointed over the fact I won't have something like a CD I could put into my vitrine. ^^;
Old 2009-09-03, 13:11   Link #1271
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatin View Post
Concerning the sound novels: I already played the demo, and it is so much more detailed, I realize now that it's far more difficult to understand everything without the sound novels.
I'm definitly going to order the translated games from MangaGamer when they're released. I just wonder how high the shipping cost will be, because I live in Germany...
There won't be any shipping cost since Mangagamer doesn't make hard copies of their games. They're only available for digital distribution.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 18:30   Link #1272
CELESTRIAL-HARDRAVE
Spinning my leek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Spoiler:
Thank you very much ! this helped me fill all the gaps i was looking for. However..
Spoiler:

and thank you for the link as well ! much apprciated
Old 2009-09-04, 11:50   Link #1273
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

Spoiler for response:
Old 2009-09-06, 16:28   Link #1274
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Random Question was a replica of Rena's cleaver ever released as a collectible to the public?
AudriSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 16:45   Link #1275
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudriSampson View Post
Random Question was a replica of Rena's cleaver ever released as a collectible to the public?
I don't think so, but I do believe someone made a replica, though I forgot where the pic was. I think it was over in the images thread...
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 17:34   Link #1276
CELESTRIAL-HARDRAVE
Spinning my leek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinguji View Post
Spoiler for response:
OHHH im sorry, my mistake >.< i read it wrong
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-08, 20:15   Link #1277
Ferny
:D

I downloaded an anime episode from animesuki, but it's a .torrent, and it won't play with anything currently on my computer. What program do I need to get in order to be able to play the episode?

(I'm asking this here because it was a Higurashi episode. Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but I wasn't sure where to put it.)
Old 2009-09-08, 21:54   Link #1278
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CELESTRIAL-HARDRAVE View Post
OHHH im sorry, my mistake >.< i read it wrong
Spoiler:
It's okay. Glad your question was answered. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
I downloaded an anime episode from animesuki, but it's a .torrent, and it won't play with anything currently on my computer. What program do I need to get in order to be able to play the episode?

(I'm asking this here because it was a Higurashi episode. Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but I wasn't sure where to put it.)
Open the .torrent with a program like BitTorrent or any other torrenting program. Then you can obtain the episode in the form of a playable format, like .avi.
Old 2009-09-09, 07:17   Link #1279
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinguji View Post
It's okay. Glad your question was answered. ^^

Open the .torrent with a program like BitTorrent or any other torrenting program. Then you can obtain the episode in the form of a playable format, like .avi.
As a side note, the .torrent file only contains tracker (i.e. avaliable peers) information: the actual video file will be downloaded to wherever you choose when you open the .torrent file, depending on your BitTorrent client. If you don't have one, I suggest the official BitTorrent client or uTorrent. Since BitTorrent is a Peer to Peer protocol, the speed of the download will go as fast as the seeds/peers are uploading.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 05:22   Link #1280
klare

Spoiler for Mion/Shion:
klare is offline   Reply With Quote