AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-20, 22:34   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Asking me to pick for the year is abit hard I usually go on a seasonal basis
Old 2012-11-21, 12:06   Link #22
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The insert song Beginning Seed (rough translation of "Hajimari no Tane") was sung by ZAQ. It is not listed on any CD at the moment, but is confirmed not to be included on the mini-vocal album.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-07, 10:01   Link #23
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Mini album title and cover art:

Dark Iris Music Grammar

OST's name is Sound of a small love & chu-2 byo story. It will contain the insert songs from episodes 8 and 10.

A drama CD has also been announced today.

Source

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-08 at 13:57.
Old 2012-12-10, 07:17   Link #24
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Sorry for the double post. Here's the cover art for the OST:

The track listings can be found in post 2 of this thread.

Old 2012-12-16, 09:49   Link #25
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Sorry for the triple post, but there's no other thread that fits this information. Music Producer Saito makes a weekly post on the Chuunibyou website about the music-related parts. This week's was mentioning the cover art for the OST in the previous post and there was a part I felt should be translated.

Quote:
When the soundtrack was completed, there were various things I had in mind [for the cover art]. I began thinking "what would people who saw every episode feel?" Certainly the cool delusional battles would leave huge impressions. You can't forget Isshiki, our lovable idiot. Kumin's naps, Nibutani's motherly nature. All of those are part of the series, but they don't span the whole series. So I came to the conclusion it should be "The love of Yuuta and Rikka."

I sent a request to Kyoto Animation saying I wanted one image that displayed that innocent "love" between the two. Here's a part of my memo that I sent:
  • The theme of the image is to feel a small awakening of love between Rikka and Yuuta
  • Just those two characters
  • The two are walking together
  • They're having fun for some reason
  • It's plainly obvious that they like each other, yet there's a subtle sense of distance between them.
  • But that sense of distance should be fun
  • It should give that warm and fuzzy feeling
  • The scenery is the main feature (but the characters shouldn't be shrunken. I want people to see their expressions)
  • The two should be walking on a long road together
  • Blue skies and white clouds above.
And that's what I sent...What came was this image:

Yeah, it's already the best. I think it's a picture that overwhelms you with a happy atmosphere. This...is the picture that I feel shows you Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!

Old 2012-12-17, 02:38   Link #26
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Sorry for the triple post, but there's no other thread that fits this information. Music Producer Saito makes a weekly post on the Chuunibyou website about the music-related parts. This week's was mentioning the cover art for the OST in the previous post and there was a part I felt should be translated.
After reading those bullet points in the memo I just had to comment (and helping you breaking the combo ). Wow, this is why I keep telling people that those who study arts are just as smart as those who are in sciences. Creating a single picture encompassing all those concepts is a skill beyond any stretch of my imagination.
Old 2012-12-26, 16:35   Link #27
Midonin
Last Engage

And now, my quick impressions of the character songs.

Rikka - Rikka and Sanae's songs have a very similar melody to them, going for sort of a metal tune to fit with their roles in the fantasy saga layered over reality. Maaya Uchida is a great singer. The song requires her to be a bit more active than Rikka's speaking voice usually is, but she carries the song in her Rikka voice to the end. Fast-paced, with some pretty heartwarming lyrics, despite the melody.

Shinka - Surprisingly, my favorite song of the four. It reminds me of Kigu's Joshiraku character song, in that it switches between perky and morose, much like its singer. The first verse is almost too sweet, but the second's contrast, bringing them together for the closing verse, captures all aspects of her character pretty well. The brief sketch with Sanae in the middle was funny. I also like that the song title is "Don't Call Me Mori Summer!" in reverse.

Kumin - The slowest tempo of the four, with a nice piano to start things off with. The instrumentation conveys a "sleepy" mood, though the song does pick up a bit as it nears the end of its verses. Probably the cutest of the four, even when compared to the perkiness of Shinka's first verse.

Sanae - As mentioned above, very similar to Rikka's. I love the chanting interspersed throughout the song, though this has more to do with me liking chanting in general. Singing in character as Sanae, including the デス, must've been a little challenging. Perhaps not as catchy as Rikka's, but I'd say the instrumentation is a little more dynamic.
Old 2012-12-27, 14:58   Link #28
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just had a chance to see the text-free original OP video from the first BD, and was reminded how much better it was than the denatured version they went to afterwards. That seizure-inducing flashing was great, as was the dual-skirt dance.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-27, 15:01   Link #29
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I just had a chance to see the text-free original OP video from the first BD, and was reminded how much better it was than the denatured version they went to afterwards. That seizure-inducing flashing was great, as was the dual-skirt dance.
I agree. Fortunately, the BD has both versions.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:33   Link #30
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Cover art and teaser for the Drama CD from Music Producer Saito:

"The legend of Yuuta's Dark Flame Master era is revealed, Kumin's prophetic dreams begin, Isshiki's love continues to awaken, the tale of Tooka and Yumeha's love/hate whirlwind unfolds, the final battle between Mori-Summer and Dekomori breaks out, Rikka's academic abilities skyrocket suddenly, and Deko...
"

Saito admits he embellished a bit, but admits it's more or less what happens. Released on 2013/02/27.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-28 at 20:47.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:35   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

I believe every word he says.
Old 2012-12-31, 03:14   Link #32
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I loved the character songs! They were all so appropriate and I love listening to them. My favorites were (surprisingly) Shinka's and Sanae's.

I loved the duality that was present in Shinka's. It starts out cutesy and upbeat, has a funny little exchange between her and Sanae, then it goes into Shinka's more serious side. Even when the tone changes a bit, it keeps with the initial feeling of the song and never loses its consistency.

Sanae's was... for lack of a better explanation: just so epic. I thought she would have a super hyper and annoying song that was bubbly. But it had choir chanting, was dark with metal vibes/tons of guitar, and was catchy to boot (at least the chorus was, imo). They took her obsession with things being "deathly" very seriously! It was a glorious song, lmao.

Rikka's song was also very good and Kumin's song was so relaxing and pleasant. What a great mini-album. My ONLY complaint, if I were forced to give one, is that there was no song for Yuuta.
Old 2012-12-31, 22:28   Link #33
rulfo

Haven't listened to all the songs but I just wanted to say I love the full lite ED.

It's just pure fun! Gotta hand it to ZAQ. She's done an awesome job with this song. I really thought it was Maaya Uchida singing when I first heard it in the lite episode.

Also full OP with all the details sounds amazing. Or rather this mix had what the lite version was missing. I really wish they used this in the middle parts of the show than the new opening.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:44   Link #34
rulfo

Having listened to the OST. I'm quite disappointed... Mainly because the insert songs weren't any longer than the ones used in the broadcast.

I really would've appreciated it if it were a little more longer, especially the insert song for ep 10.
Old 2013-04-04, 18:07   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

[Kimi no Tonari wa], the insert song for episode 10 sung by ZAQ is pretty darn good
Old 2013-08-26, 19:05   Link #36
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Here's the track listings for the movie-related CDs.

Chuunibyou Theme Song Single:

~Chuunibyou Ougi - Sankyouku no Kiwami~

1. -Across the Line - Movie OP
Sung by Rikka Takanashi (CV Maaya Uchida)
2. Secret Survivor - Movie ED
Sung by Black Raison d'etre (Maaya Uchida, Chinatsu Askasaki, Azumi Asakura, and Sumire Uesaka)
3. Shinen ni Mau Senritsu Shanikusai (Hair-raising Dance Carnival in the Abyss) - Lite Theme song
Sung by ZAQ
4. -Across the Line- (Instrumental)
5. Secret Survivor (Instrumental)
6. Shinen ni Mau Senritsu Shanikusai (Instrumental)

Chuunibyou Movie Original Soundtrack:

Disc 1:
01. Chuunibyou no Onii-chan (My Chuunibyou Older Brother)
02. Angoku no Chikara (Power of Darkness)
03. Natsukashiki Chuunibyou Jidai yo (My Dear Old Chuunibyou Period!)
04. Shinen ni Mau Senritsu Shanikusai (short size) - sung by ZAQ
05. Kentsujitsushita Kanjyou (Realized Emotions)
06. Amoi Afureru Nyuujyou (Entrance Over-flooded with Emotions)
07. Seijyaku wo Yaburu Jitsuryoukusha (The Almighty One who Destroyed the Quiet)
08. Seirei Totomoni (With Ghosts)
09. Honoo no Shikkou Kan (The Lead who Implements Flames)
10. Yami no Honoo (Dark Flames)
11. Umareru Shinjitsu no Chikara, Sore wa Ai (The Real Power Born, Love)
12. Katarareru Kaikou no Rekishi (Reciting that Chance Meeting)
13. Eyecatch Shinka (Shinka Eyecatch)
14. -Across the line - (Short size) sung by Rikka Takanashi (Maaya Uchida)
15. Unmei no Deai kara Rekishi wa Hajimatta (History Begins with that Fated Meeting)
16. Akasareru Sujyou (Revealed History)
17. Fureai Dasu Kokoro (To Connect Hearts)
18. Yukai na Kuuki ni Kurumarete (Wrapped in a Pleasant Atmosphere)
19. Mimamoru Futatsu no Hitomi (Two Eyes Watching)
20. Ushinaware Kaketa Hokori (Losing Gambled Pride)
21. Youkoso Himitsu no Basho he (Welcome to the Secret Place)
22. Ketsuzoku Niyoru Tatakai (Battling Due to Blood Bonds)
23. Heibonsa no Bigaku (Common Ascetics)
24. Shoukansareta Mono (The Summoned One)
25. Kessha Tanjou (Association Formation)
26. Jitaku ni Shinnyuusha Ari (Intruder in Ones Home)
27. Ressei kara no Gyakuten (Reversal from Behind)
28. Yukai na Nakamatachi (Happy Comrades)
29. Ysukisusume Monodomo yo (Keep Going Forward!)
30. Kamisama he no Inori (Prayer to God)
31. Natsu no Mizu Moyou (Summer Water Conditions)
32. Oshieru Mono to Osowaru Mono (Teacher and Teached)
33. Ureshisa no Yuwake (Pleasant Sunset)
34. Kakenukeru Otoko (The Boy Running Through)

Disc 2:
01. Kagyaku Taiyou to Kessha Ichidou (Shining Sun and United Association)
02. Tojiteita Tobira ga Hiraku Oto (Sound of Opening a Closed Door)
03. Tachifusagaru Shoheki (The Barrier Standing in Ones Way)
04. Kakan na Tatakai no Hate ni (At the End of the Determined Battle)
05. Daisetsu na Mono wa Soko ni Atta (The Important Thin is Over There)
06. Chizimaru Kyourikan (Feeling Closer)
07. Koiniochiru Toiu Koto (The Thing Called "Falling in Love")
08. Mukiou Kimochi (Confronting Feelings)
09. Mietakita Kanjyou (Emotions Seen)
10. Gunshi no Oshie (Tactician's Lesson)
11. Toroshita Omoi (Expressed Feelings)
12. Rikai aru Kankeisei (An Understanding Relationship)
13. Omoi no Tsutae Kata (The Way to Convey Feelings)
14. Todokanai Seikai (Worlds Not Reaching)
15. Koi ga Hashiri, Koi ga Naki, Koi ga Warau (Love is Running, Crying, Laughing)
16. Kessen Mae no Adayakasa (The Calm before the Final Battle)
17. Omou Kokoro ga Ukokasu (To Move a Thoughtful Heart)
18. Rokkakkei (Hexagon)
19. Kishikan towa Nanzo ya (Things like Deja Vu)
20. Atarashii Seikatsu ga Hajimaru (A New Life Begins)
21. Natsukashii Soshite Atarashii Kaze (A Nostalgic yet New Wind)
22. Secret Survivor (short size) sung by Black Raison d'etre

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2013-08-27 at 16:04.
Closed Thread