AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 16:35   Link #10501
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Yes I love Minerva. Can't wait to see the fight although my hopes are not high. After Kag+Erza it's pretty much confirmed Erza is invincible so I'm sure the battle will be something like this. Minerva disables the rest of Erza's limbs and is about to finish her off but thinking of her nakama, erza puts a sword in her mouth and rolls over to one shot Minerva.

Jura+Laxus+Ogra happened as people predicted. I wonder if we will see a team up and some unison raid lightning attacks if they get overwhelmed by Jura.

Rogue is dumb for pissing off Gajeel. He's going to get destroyed unless sting comes into the fight which I think will happen.

So 10,000 dragons are coming huh. I wonder if it will be the Acnologia vs all or the human loving dragons vs human hating dragons. Should be fun to see the dragons slayers reactions when they finally arrive.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 19:34   Link #10502
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Mashima, you know that you already made Minerva look like a bitch, and that we know that you know that we want to see her get a beat down... so WRY drag it out!?

Gray and Leon showing up in the Juvia/Cheria fight, and Jura showing up in the Laxus/Orga fight... who saw that coming? Maybe these fights aren't so predictable after all. :P Maybe Gray will finally say something about Juvia's feelings.

Gajeel not as strong as Rogue? Or is Gajeel holding back or is Rogue actually serious? FT wouldn't be the first shonen, to make one of the first bad guys who turn good, to turn out much weaker than the main hero as time passes. Still, would be a bit disappointing.

10,000 dragons, eh? Are they real? An illusion? Some result of magic? Perhaps they are coming to destroy the Eclipse gate, since they feel that magic is too dangerous to be allowed to exist.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 21:10   Link #10503
kitten320

Gray VS Lyon was meant to happen because of their past, no surprises there. And it doesn't look like Gray has any interest in Juvia at all so confession is out of place.

Erza will slaughter Minerava so no one can really get in their battle.

Gajeel and Rouge have Dragon Slayer match so no is allowed either.

That left Jura and sting but shounen logic wise it wouldn't make much sense besides Sting is planning something.

Making Jura join the beast lightning people was only logical so no real surprises here.

I'll be far more surprised if at least one FT member will lose because so far everything indicates on them winning every single match -_-
Old 2013-01-25, 21:14   Link #10504
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, next week's title, Kaeru, which means Frog or Come Back, may symbolize Rogue fighting back for Frosch's sake.
Old 2013-01-25, 21:18   Link #10505
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Spoiler for Expecting to See...:

I shoulda been listening to my Chem lecture instead of thinking about the remain FT fights. >.<

Last edited by HiddenMessage; 2013-01-25 at 21:29.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 02:58   Link #10506
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post

I shoulda been listening to my Chem lecture instead of thinking about the remain FT fights. >.<
it's a good idea...
I support this!

then Natsu and the others will jump on the scene... and riot begin
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 04:34   Link #10507
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post

10,000 dragons, eh? Are they real? An illusion? Some result of magic? Perhaps they are coming to destroy the Eclipse gate, since they feel that magic is too dangerous to be allowed to exist.
I have a bit of a different theory...

Spoiler for idea:
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 08:21   Link #10508
ReinhartX

what im hoping for

erza takes kagura's archenemy sword as a powerup and obliderate minvera into oblivion

gray and juvia losing and somehow gray finally admits his feelings for juvia in a emotional scene and power up thus winning sheila and leon
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 10:42   Link #10509
kitten320

^Sorry but none of that will happen, especially second half

And I really have no idea why you consider that sword as something special considering that it did nothing for Kagura.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:36   Link #10510
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:

What if Laxus uses FAIRY LAW
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:02   Link #10511
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
While the premise behind that would be freaking awesome, it'd feel a bit like an ass pull. Fairy Law's a bit OP, and it shows no creativity. It'd be like a Deus ex Machina type of thing. I'd rather see Him pull something like Natsu did when he faced a God Slayer.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 13:21   Link #10512
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Quote:
That did cross my mind at one point but it would seem alittle bit boring. Another thought was him enchanting Gajeel with lightning like he did Natsu. Lightning Iron mode anyone?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 14:26   Link #10513
Krono

Quote:
Fairy Law is meant for true enemies, it's unlikely to work against rivals in a competition setting.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 18:59   Link #10514
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven View Post
it looks like next week we'll have 23 pages and a ''confession'' from Lucy .. sounds interesting!!
Indeed. It will be interesting to see what new information emerges and how it shifts the possibilities. I'm curious to see how certain events resolve themselves - hopefully in a reasonably satisfactory manner.

Speaking of Future Lucy, she doesn't look at all well, what with the shaking and sweating (perhaps trauma, illness or pressure - not really surprising considering the circumstances).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I hope Minerva gets her ass beat down by Erza and when she is ruminating about the "impossibility" of it, she gets stomped on by a dragon LOL!
(imagines a dragon foot coming down python-style)

---

Minor questions (not entirely sure if this is the right place, sorry if it isn't):
  • Has Minerva received any major blows that haven't been blocked with magic yet?
  • How much do you think it would take to fell one of the other pillars at the moment?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-01-26 at 19:38. Reason: Asking a few questions but not all of them just yet.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 19:45   Link #10515
ranchan13

Quote:
That did cross my mind at one point but it would seem alittle bit boring. Another thought was him enchanting Gajeel with lightning like he did Natsu. Lightning Iron mode anyone?
Wouldn't that just turn Gajeel into a living lightning rod?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 23:45   Link #10516
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
lol that would be funny if Gajeel is about to finish off rogue with a steel rod attack and laxus and ogra's attacks get directed to him and knock him out. Rogues sitting there beat up like ..."What just happnened?"
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 00:30   Link #10517
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:

Remember that it is just July 6, and the last day of the Games at that. The swarm of dragons wouldn't come until July 7. Correct me if I'm wrong. So no interruption from the dragons between the fights, unless the Games would extend to another day.

And listen to your lecture! Chemistry is hard even if you missed out on just one lesson haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Sorry but none of that will happen, especially second half

And I really have no idea why you consider that sword as something special considering that it did nothing for Kagura.
Well, Kagura's one strike with her unsheated sword did destroy much of the city Imagine what it could do if Erza had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
LOL. He could redirect it at Rogue so Rogue go boom!
Old 2013-01-27, 00:31   Link #10518
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Remember that it is just July 6, and the last day of the Games at that. The swarm of dragons wouldn't come until July 7. Correct me if I'm wrong. So no interruption from the dragons between the fights, unless the Games would extend to another day.
I suppose we'll get explanations behind Igneel/Gradine/Metalicana too? Given July 7th would mark the anniversary of their disappearance...
Old 2013-01-27, 06:51   Link #10519
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgowns View Post
I suppose we'll get explanations behind Igneel/Gradine/Metalicana too? Given July 7th would mark the anniversary of their disappearance...
The current arc is actually tying up nicely some loose threads I thought were forgotten long ago. It's commendable writing on Mashima's part. Remember this chapter?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's when Grandine as a ball of light came to talk to Igneel regarding Natsu after the Tower of Paradise. They mentioned the Dragon Feast. And Zeref.

We just might see Igneel and maybe even Grandine and Metallicana when the swarm of dragons come on the Dragon King Festival. But for what reason... I hope it's a good one.
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 14:29   Link #10520
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
The current arc is actually tying up nicely some loose threads I thought were forgotten long ago. It's commendable writing on Mashima's part. Remember this chapter?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's when Grandine as a ball of light came to talk to Igneel regarding Natsu after the Tower of Paradise. They mentioned the Dragon Feast. And Zeref.

We just might see Igneel and maybe even Grandine and Metallicana when the swarm of dragons come on the Dragon King Festival. But for what reason... I hope it's a good one.
Well remembered! I'm eager to see how everything plays themselves out. If there's one remarkable trait about FT, it's that loose ends really do come together eventually.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen