AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-06-08, 10:20   Link #721
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Congratulations!
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 11:14   Link #722
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm jealous of the lucky guy who managed to marry a goddess like her. I wish them happiness.
Old 2014-06-08, 12:07   Link #723
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Sawashiro Miyuki has announced she just got married several days ago on her birthday (June 2nd)
http://mantan-web.jp/2014/06/08/2014...00046000c.html

Congratulation to her
Her husband is now one of the luckiest men alive, while I'm dying of jealousy and rage .

But tons of congratulations to Miyuki, I wish her and her husband the best and hope they have a very happy life together .
Old 2014-06-08, 20:26   Link #724
mistress_kisara

Congrats to Miyuki Sawashiro! Best of luck!

And also Happy 31st birthday to Mamoru Miyano! (actually it was yesterday June 8)
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 12:10   Link #725
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I could've sworn Miyano was older than 31....man, he's young. Happy Birthday anyway to that prince of seiyuu

And congrats to Sawashiro-san. She's good. I hope the otaku overseas didn't give her a hard time like they've done to other actresses/actors when they married.
Old 2014-06-19, 06:56   Link #726
Tenzen12

Yeah, I wish Sawashiro-san lot of luck too.

Well I don't think she will recieve such threatment as other seyuu. She isn't realy "idol" type, thanks to her hard work she is not associated with any particular character nor archerype and in recent years she played actualy mostly grow up females.

That said if they do, I will hitch-hike to japan and kick ass of any bastard, who try do so
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 12:23   Link #727
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Happy birthday Ayana Taketatsu!

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 11:23   Link #728
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Sawashiro Miyuki has announced she just got married several days ago on her birthday (June 2nd)
http://mantan-web.jp/2014/06/08/2014...00046000c.html

Congratulation to her
Congratulation to Sawashiro Miyuki!. Definitely my favorite female seiyuu, and I really hope this won't decrease her appearance in anime
Old 2014-07-02, 23:38   Link #729
justpassingby

Congratulations to Miyukichi too.

Some lazy scans I made from Seigura (MikakoSymphony). Other musical instruments have already been scanned nicely on the net.

Images
Castanet, Triangle, Mandolin
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I really love her, her radio programs, her songs,h er anime characters, her everything. I want them all orz.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2014-07-03 at 00:05.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 23:47   Link #730
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Say, I know that it's somewhat fresh news, but Showtaro Morikubo is married again...

Congrats to him, but I hope he's not gonna be a jerkass to his normal wife!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 16:30   Link #731
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post

Some lazy scans I made from Seigura (MikakoSymphony). Other musical instruments have already been scanned nicely on the net.

Images

I really love her, her radio programs, her songs,h er anime characters, her everything. I want them all orz.
I want the outfit she's wearing in the first pic for reals.

Re: Morikubo

DEETS?! I know he was married to Yu Askakawa(?) before. Was he a bad husband?
Old 2014-07-13, 20:04   Link #732
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post

Images

It's only fitting that such a lovely lady could be the voice of so many lovely anime characters .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I want the outfit she's wearing in the first pic for reals.

Re: Morikubo

DEETS?! I know he was married to Yu Askakawa(?) before. Was he a bad husband?
I think it was just because they had "irreconcilable differences," or something to that effect, which is pretty common for seiyuu marriages.

Well, I hope things work out for the better for both Showtaro Morikubuo and his wife .
Old 2014-07-15, 10:15   Link #733
justpassingby

Happy birthday, Hiyocchi!!
Old 2014-08-04, 11:10   Link #734
Frontier

Hitomi Nabatame just recently got married:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...arriage/.77272

So with Shizuka Itou also married, I wonder what that means for the rest of the "wives" ?

Still, congratulations to Ms. Nabatame and her husband, that lucky sonovagun .
Old 2014-08-30, 08:17   Link #735
AntonKutovoi

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...he-same/.78125
Quote:
Yoshiyuki Tomino, the opinionated creator of the Gundam franchise recently lamented the state of anime's voice acting industry in the September issue of Bandai Visual's Beat Magazine. Fresh from casting his upcoming Gundam: Reconguista in G anime television series, Tomino said, "All of the young voice actors had been contaminated by currently trendy anime. All of their voices sounded the same to me, so the first order of business was to break them of those habits."

According to Tomino, current voice acting adds too much flare and he was looking for actors whose voices sounded natural. “But those are habits they pick up in the normal course of their careers, so it's something that often they just can't do,” Tomino said. He offered a backhanded compliment for his starring voice actress Yu Shimamura, stating he was proud in how her performance changed by episode two.
So, what's your opinion on the matter?

I think that while there's a sometimes a case of "They'll all sound the same to me" in anime nowdays, I'd say that's a problem of director, rather than a voice actors. As weird as it sounds, video games sometimes are much better in this and some voice actors might really shine there. Oh, and the fact that 70% (at least) of anime characters are practically the same doesn't help either.
So in other words, when there's some really unique anime with a good director, characters's voices are usually unique there as well.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 17:17   Link #736
mistress_kisara

^I only half agree with him, I think its more on the same character archetype that makes seiyuus sound the same. But I can usually tell seiyuus apart especially the ones I like
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 18:19   Link #737
Frontier

I usually have no problem telling Seiyuu apart or in recognizing a voice in an anime, or at least I've gotten a lot better about it. Tomino's words strike me as more evident of him just disliking how anime, and characters in general, are portrayed in the modern era and how he believes VA's are suffering for it. While I can understand disliking the current trend of anime, I think there's tons of distinctive voices within the industry and even if you dislike those voices, there are plenty of good and interesting performances to be found in any season of an anime.That's just my opinion though .

That said, I admit I sometimes have a hard time telling Ayana Taketatsu and Ayane Sakura apart, especially when it came to the role of Suzuka Dairenji for the latter. And Ami Koshimizu can sometimes sound like Mai Nakahara depending on the voice she's using
Old 2014-08-30, 20:56   Link #738
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd argue that the sameness in voice acting reflects the narrowing of content since the recession. Anime has begun to expand its horizons once again, which should mean a broader array of roles and voices.

Who are the up-and-coming successors to Kuwashima Houko or Sawashiro Miyuki, or Sakurai Takahiro or Namikawa Daisuke, actors who have excelled in a wide variety of roles? Kanazawa Hana and Tomatsu Haruka have shown pretty decent range. Yuuki Aoi might be another. I can't think of any men aged 25 or under that have caught my attention.

I thought the Kill la Kill cast was especially talented and surprisingly mature. At 28, Koshimizu Ami was one of the youngest actors. I found it striking that most of the main cast was voiced by people aged forty and older. Thinking over other recent shows with strong casts, I looked at the actors appearing in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Most of them are over thirty as well. Psycho-Pass also had an older cast; Kanazawa at 25 was the youngest of the bunch. Are these shows outliers? I thought most seiyuu, particularly actresses, were in their late teens and twenties. I don't generally watch adolescent comedies any more unless they are unusual like the two mentioned above. Are there younger seiyuu there I should be keeping my eye on?

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2014-08-30 at 21:09.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 21:40   Link #739
Frontier

Risa Taneda is a good up-and comer, and you likely know her as Saki from Shinsekai Yori, and then there's also Sora Amamiya whose been a bit of a rising star recently. I think Ibuki Kido might be on her way to becoming one as well .

There's also Sachika Misawa, who I've really been happy to see getting more roles in anime .

She's not what I would call an up-and-comer, but Saori Hayami's pretty big lately and she's still quite young, as well as Maaya Uchida .

I think Ayane Sakura is the official successor of Ayana Taketatsu, even if there's not that big an age gap between them .

As for male seiyuu... Natsuki Hanae's been getting a lot of big roles lately and he's only 23. Same goes for Kaito Ishikawa, and he's only 20. Ryota Ohsaka and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka have also gotten cast as the male lead in quite a few recent anime's, though they're both over 25.
Old 2014-08-30, 23:25   Link #740
solomon

Yea it's not so much seiyuu, who'm I bet are very talented.

It's the material that suffers from samey-ness-ish-ness.

Unless demos or economics of the industry change though, Kill 'em all Tomino is just gonna have to deal.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote