AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 21:09   Link #21
Jesus Christnekoff

The music used for the ending scenes is actually a classical remix of the series's main theme. Here, if you want to listen to it.

This all turned out a lot better than I expected, although
Spoiler:
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 21:44   Link #22
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

First episode was impressive. Loved the action and style of the first episode. Character design are great IMO. The animation was suprisingly good.
I really hope they'll keep up with the animation.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 21:56   Link #23
Kaijin
かいじん

Oh I can't wait for a subbed version now. I've been wanting to see this since it's been announced and with these reviews I know it'll be one of those shows I get addicted to.
Does anyone know which group (if any) is planning on subbing this series. I think I heard a rumour about Shinsen but if anyone knows for sure, it'd be nice to know.
I am now going to enroll in Japanese classes at my uni cause the wait just kills me.

Hiro SHIMONO is the seiyuu for Tatsuma Hiyuu (he's done Ayato in RahXephon; Yuuji in Gintama)

Most of the seiyuu's are relatively unknown, except for Yui Horie, who voices Aoi Misato. She's done loads of work - Kotori in Da Capo; Toru in Fruits Basket; Ayu in Kanon; Naru in Love Hina; Eri in School Rumble; Rio in Spiral and a whole bunch more.
Old 2007-01-19, 23:11   Link #24
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I just watched the first episode raw. It made very little sense to me, but I'm not sure whether it was because of my Japanese skills or the presentation. The animation was pretty though. And gory!

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 00:00   Link #25
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
Oh I can't wait for a subbed version now. I've been wanting to see this since it's been announced and with these reviews I know it'll be one of those shows I get addicted to.
Does anyone know which group (if any) is planning on subbing this series. I think I heard a rumour about Shinsen but if anyone knows for sure, it'd be nice to know.
I am now going to enroll in Japanese classes at my uni cause the wait just kills me.

Hiro SHIMONO is the seiyuu for Tatsuma Hiyuu (he's done Ayato in RahXephon; Yuuji in Gintama)

Most of the seiyuu's are relatively unknown, except for Yui Horie, who voices Aoi Misato. She's done loads of work - Kotori in Da Capo; Toru in Fruits Basket; Ayu in Kanon; Naru in Love Hina; Eri in School Rumble; Rio in Spiral and a whole bunch more.
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiw...%202006%2F2007 says Shinsen subs and static subs.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 07:46   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
note to self...never ever ever! watch this while eating something that can be thrown right back up into a sloppy mess
ep1 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 12:24   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christnekoff View Post
...Marie Crea is a firestarter (Y'know, psychic and can create fire and whatnot) who is supposed to have a little cat named Mephisto but I do not see him and that makes me sad....
I believe she was clutching the cat painfully (for the cat) to her front in one scene. (Just after 19:00.)

This show is definitely not my deal. The pace and animation are great. And the evil imagination, lol. But unlike Monir, I like characters to show some angst. Otherwise, they seem unreal to me. Even the good seiyuu here didn't make much impression. Arai Satomi, much as I loved her as all versions of Kozue-chan in Mahoroba, seemed one-note and unbelievable. Basically, though, I just don't get monsters. But I'll be back for ep2, to see if I can begin to feel the characters.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-01-20 at 13:11.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 12:42   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hah! One of these days there will be a show catered to all the delicate fans such as Kaoru who will enjoy it fervently without even realising that it is a shounen genre. The overzealous angst is one of the significant reason for me to stay away from most of these monster/mecha-gundam type series. That said, I enjoy series like Kanon and Asatte no Houkou which portrays a beautiful balance of angst to enhance the character personality without overplaying the trait.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 13:33   Link #29
Jesus Christnekoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I believe she was clutching the cat painfully (for the cat) to her front in one scene. (Just after 19:00.)

This show is definitely not my deal. The pace and animation are great. And the evil imagination, lol. But unlike Monir, I like characters to show some angst. Otherwise, they seem unreal to me. Even the good seiyuu here didn't make much impression. Arai Satomi, much as I loved her as all versions of Kozue-chan in Mahoroba, seemed one-note and unbelievable. Basically, though, I just don't get monsters. But I'll be back for ep2, to see if I can begin to feel the characters.
Well, I posted that before the first episode aired. I was referring to the official website's artwork of her.

And hey, both Aoi and Hiyu have some angst in this episode!
Old 2007-01-20, 14:32   Link #30
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, I thought Komaki in particular was quite angsty, there's a degree of tension between her and Kyoichi and that added depth to their characters. She's easily the most troubled of the group and maybe the most powerful considering how much damage she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Oh damn you, Sonhex! Damn you and damn you to heck and back! I was going to silently ignore this series hoping it'll just end up being a disappointment but now that I"ve read your raving review of it I just have to watch it now, don't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I think perhaps episode 1 was given a lot of time in production and what may have been normally mediocre animators could do a better job (like how some so-so animators at I.G. turn into great people when it comes to movies). Either that or Jun Nakai is a genius.
He's clearly having a huge influence over the production and, considering his credits, this could be the reason for the quality. Aside from the character design/animation the camera angles and use of cinematic effects (blur, speeded up shots, tight focus pulls etc...) are all inspired. One scene stands out for me - when Kodzuno spirals to the ground, the camera pulls back through the hands of one of the priests. Shows the skill of the team involved.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-20 at 18:22.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 18:57   Link #31
kauldron26
Med Student

aaaah... i am looking forward to a sub version.... i hope someone picks it up
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 01:00   Link #32
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I can't wait to see this show ^-^ I like the designs and stuff I hope it will be interesting.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 01:37   Link #33
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hm... I wasn't all that impressed. Sure, the technical aspects were damn good and the overall presentation from the artistic flow to the out-and-in fast paced action scenes were so amazingly Jun Nakai it hurts, but putting all that aside, everything seems flat. Of course, the lack of any goddamn explaination and proper character introduction hurts, but Episode 1 was merely so-so in my opinion.

Spoiler for Thoughts:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 02:46   Link #34
Jesus Christnekoff

I kinda doubt they'll delve into how the main quartet met and got together. Its okay, it wasn't that interesting in the game.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-21, 06:38   Link #35
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Well, this show had zero hype or publicity, so they had to make a lasting first impression. Considering there was 7 key characters to introduce, the gamble of snagging viewers with a electrifying opener vs bloating the first episode with character exposition paid off I think.

Basically episode one is about sitting back an enjoying the action, picking out the visual cues and spotting the homages to kung-fu and zombies movies. :P

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-21 at 10:49.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 11:44   Link #36
masama
use the fōrks ~

ep1 was
Spoiler for :
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 15:02   Link #37
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Haven't played the game but..

Wow!

Ep. 1 was really intense with all the action and plot that was going on. You can tell money is being pumped into this title. The prologue sequence was great with the use of classical music.
Old 2007-01-21, 19:38   Link #38
Cyprene

Shinsen just released 01.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 22:10   Link #39
7Th
Mixtape

I'm at awe for the style of the first episode. Bloody violence without reaching gruesome gore, not that I have anything about it thought, overall great animation, and some 23 minutes full of action. So good, I'm already fearing further entries won't live up to it.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 22:59   Link #40
gameboy234

I got pretty much confused by it. Too much character and the first episode seem rush. Couldn't enjoy it as the video quality is poor. Action packed and nice fight scene. I do hope that there will be better video quality somewhere.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural