Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-31, 17:19   Link #961
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
(Let's see how many Geass fans are butt hurt after this post... last one got me quite a bunch of "WHARGBLE".)
Spoiler:
We know. We're not being serious.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 17:26   Link #962
Avisch
Reality Blender

Just watched 09 Raw.

Good presentation on Fukuji's plays. Koromo's voice is nice!

Spoiler for details:

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2009-05-31 at 21:13.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 17:31   Link #963
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
(Let's see how many Geass fans are butt hurt after this post... last one got me quite a bunch of "WHARGBLE".)
Spoiler:
As long as we're talking in terms of anime, two differently-colored eyes are still generally a sign of great power of some sort. Be it Mihoko's abilities or those fire parlor tricks that Kanade can do over in Asura Cryin'.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 17:44   Link #964
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Her power is not really like Geass. If you want to compare, it is almost identical to Ryuugan from Tenjou Tenge. A ability that let's you see everything. Another example, minus the voice in the head, is Glam Sight, from Rental Magica.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 18:37   Link #965
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... they sure went quickly through the first match, considering this spanned a whole volume in the manga. Anyway, we are already well into the best section of the series. I can say this is one of the series I anticipate with the most expectation this season.

Go, Tsuruga Academy! Even though you are at the bottom of the chart right now!

Whcih, by the number of chapters left it'd seem we will reach the end of the tourney by episode 13-14 at this rate... which will mean a whole season of anime original material? *shivers*.. and considering that the tourney isn't over yet in the manga it makes me wonder how they will handle the last match.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-05-31 at 18:53.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 19:21   Link #966
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Her power is not really like Geass. If you want to compare, it is almost identical to Ryuugan from Tenjou Tenge. A ability that let's you see everything. Another example, minus the voice in the head, is Glam Sight, from Rental Magica.
yea but "All Seeing Eye" sounds cooler

glad there was someone else that thinks "All Seeing Eye"

now we just need someone with the "one ring to rule them all"

or would that be "One very over the top action scene to rule them all"
Old 2009-05-31, 21:07   Link #967
ThoHell

GEASS POWER!!!!! I liked that eye, it had a nice feel or appearance to it.

Rabbit ears? No yes? Not too sure what they are...
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 23:27   Link #968
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Hmm... they sure went quickly through the first match, considering this spanned a whole volume in the manga.
It was only 60 pages/3 chapters in the manga and they had to previously cover some of the flashbacks in other episodes. (It took them 9 episodes to get through 2 volumes and then some.) If they continue at this 3 chapter/episode pace, they won't catch up to the manga till at least ep 17.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 23:55   Link #969
Farplaner

That was really enjoyable :O I really like this Kazekoshi captain. Since she's pretty much unbeatable this way, I wish they stuck her to the last game to see what happens...
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 04:36   Link #970
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Rabbit ears? No yes? Not too sure what they are...
In my eyes, all i can say is that she belongs in a Disgaea game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farplaner View Post
That was really enjoyable :O I really like this Kazekoshi captain. Since she's pretty much unbeatable this way, I wish they stuck her to the last game to see what happens...
It's not a bad strategy to place your best at the start so they can basically start off with the highest score. You just have to hope that her team mates can follow up.
Old 2009-06-01, 05:10   Link #971
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for eps9:

if it's one eps = one fighter, then Saki vs Neko vs Koromo vs (who's her name again?) will happen at eps 13 / 14.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 05:20   Link #972
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
1000% Glam Sight that one. lol
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 06:34   Link #973
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

President (of Kazekoshi's Mahjong club)'s orders: give me all your points!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 09:35   Link #974
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 9
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 11:47   Link #975
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 9
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep 9:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 12:02   Link #976
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
if it's one eps = one fighter, then Saki vs Neko vs Koromo vs (who's her name again?) will happen at eps 13 / 14.
Hey, that's Yumi! Remember her well, she will just p0wn everyone else when you least expect it. I hope
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 12:06   Link #977
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I thought she predict solely by looking at how the player's react and what tiles they're discarding. But the way she speculated everything was just too impossible for logical explanation, because the way she speculated were like as if she can see everything that happens in the match

Was it really the eye-power, or just her brain ability....? oh well.

Anyway, the scene when Mihoko's overwhelming everyone is just awesome ! And the background music that follows it was also cool.

Quote:
I think Nodocchi match would happen much longer. . . Probably because the fight was potrayed in the OP Scene as well.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 13:08   Link #978
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Its just an affectionate nickname...I don't think any of us that use it really think of it in terms of "Oh she can command people to do what she wants".

Also NOOOO tacos lost...Kinda saw it coming characters like her always lose in these sorts of situations because it wouldn't be fun if the whole team won and we know the two lesbians main characters probably won't be allowed to lose. Still...bah.

I do like Geass though...If you took out her obnoxious kouhai yammering "Captain" every five seconds I might have even been routing for her school...

*edit*

Also was suprised by Usagi-chan at the end...Considering she's been said to be sleeping alot and not showing up I was thinking she'd be the "Lazy Genius" type where they look useless but effortlessly crush people...Instead she came off as pretty much the complete opposite of that. Ah well I'll adjust...I do agree with Shiroth though her character design makes her looks like she got dropped out of a disgaea game, not that thats a bad thing really.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 14:18   Link #979
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Note: Koromo's line near the end "The walls have ears" is an attempt to translate the 4 kanji character expression 階前万里, which literally means "foot of stairs, far far away" and has the interpretation "what happens in local prefectures is known to the emperor". The phrase is originally a precept designed to keep local governments uncorrupt.
Koromo is using it here essentially to say "I know." in an extremely haughty way.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 16:44   Link #980
gonzo562

hah im watching this anime. And i dont even know how to play mahjong

i guess i should go learn how to play now.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen