AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 23:07   Link #1
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Question Problem with CoreAVC & gg releases

I get some pixelation while using CoreAVC 1.9.5+Latest CCCP,any suggestions on how to fix this issue?.
Old 2009-11-17, 01:03   Link #2
Cryonosis
~Desu

gg put up an announcement about it on their website. . . Uhm, forgive the tinyurl link, but gg likes the more colorful side of the English language, as it were.

http://tinyurl.com/ygdv492

Basically, you need to wait for an update to coreavc.
Old 2009-11-17, 01:28   Link #3
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

@Cryonosis So this issue dosn´t have a fix yet....
Oh well,thx for the quick reply.
Old 2009-11-17, 01:58   Link #4
Cryonosis
~Desu

Since I don't use CoreAVC or CCCP, I can't offer much more than that; I had just remembered running across that announcement before when I saw your post.

I suppose in the meantime, you could try using something else to play the files. I haven't had any problems with gg's releases on Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
Old 2009-11-17, 02:56   Link #5
jpwong

I'm not sure CCCP has a problem. I'm using CCCP and don't have this issue. When you say CoreAVC+CCCP do you mean you're using CoreAVC for the video and CCCP for the audio? Try telling CCCP to decode the video as well, and it should fix up the problems.
Old 2009-11-17, 03:22   Link #6
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

@Cryonosis I already use MPHC,CoreAVC is a codec and a very good one usually,this is the first time it has given me any problems.
I like it because it uses a lot less resources compared to when i let CCCP handle video decoding.

@jpwong yeah,thats exactly what i´m doing.
I´lll try what you say tomorrow and post results.
Old 2009-11-17, 04:36   Link #7
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
@Cryonosis I already use MPHC,CoreAVC is a codec and a very good one usually,this is the first time it has given me any problems.
I like it because it uses a lot less resources compared to when i let ffdshow handle video decoding.
Fixed that for ya.

Also there's multithreading in CCCP's ffdshow since the 2009-09-09 release (CCCP settings, 1st page, check the "mt" box), which gives quite a speed boost on multi-core CPUs. It's still not as fast as CoreAVC though.
Old 2009-11-17, 07:50   Link #8
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

DivX's decoder is currently equal to or faster than CoreAVC and doesn't have the issue that CoreAVC does. So just use that instead.
Old 2009-11-17, 08:12   Link #9
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
DivX's decoder is currently equal to or faster than CoreAVC and doesn't have the issue that CoreAVC does. So just use that instead.
Here's how.
Old 2009-11-17, 08:50   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As an alternative, you can always try SMPlayer. It's entirely self-contained so it won't interfere with other codecs and players.
Old 2009-11-17, 08:53   Link #11
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Or, you could just use the old ffdshow, the one that you were using before installing CCCP's update.
Old 2009-11-17, 09:51   Link #12
sneaker

CoreAVC 2.0 is supposed to come out this week and is said to fix the issue. But the upgrade won't be free for owners of CoreAVC 1.x.
Old 2009-11-17, 11:41   Link #13
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Or, you could just use the old ffdshow, the one that you were using before installing CCCP's update.
What are you talking about? This thread is about CoreAVC failing, not ffdshow (which CCCP uses).
Old 2009-11-17, 12:14   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
What are you talking about? This thread is about CoreAVC failing, not ffdshow (which CCCP uses).
I'm talking about fixing the problem until CoreAVC fixes it or if you don't want to pay (if they charge) for the update. The problem arose from updating ffdshow. So if you go back to the old one, when it worked, there would be no problem.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:24   Link #15
sneaker

Where did you get the idea that the problem arose from updating ffdshow? You'd be the first one I've heard of having these problems.

There are/were two problems with the new "weightp=2" option introduced recently in x264.
1.) CoreAVC <=1.9.5, Flash Player and Apple TV are known to not support it
2.) revisions < 1342 of x264 had a buggy implementation resulting in non-compliant output which would break even more decoders, like some DXVA ones. ffdshow should be fine anyways.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:32   Link #16
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Where did you get the idea that the problem arose from updating ffdshow? You'd be the first one I've heard of having these problems.

There are/were two problems with the new "weightp=2" option introduced recently in x264.
1.) CoreAVC <=1.9.5, Flash Player and Apple TV are known to not support it
2.) revisions < 1342 of x264 had a buggy implementation resulting in non-compliant output which would break even more decoders, like some DXVA ones. ffdshow should be fine anyways.
The first post said the problem arose using the new CCCP, so if you use the old one then...

I thought the new ffdshow was different and was causing problems? I found the old ffdshow to perform faster than the new one. Or am I confusing the encoder and decoder? Is the problem that gg is using a new encoder that CoreAVC doesn't support properly? And I just made myself into a total moron and jerk?

I'll go sit in the corner for a while.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:42   Link #17
sneaker

The first post said the problem appears when using the newest CCCP and CoreAVC. Since CoreAVC is only able to decode H.264 it's pretty clear that the thread starter uses CoreAVC for H.264 decoding and not ffdshow.
I just wanted to make that 100% clear since many people will have that problem and we shouldn't spread false information, making people try to downgrade ffdshow or similar things not fixing that problem.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:58   Link #18
emptyeighty

Quote:
I thought the new ffdshow was different and was causing problems?
There's this bug in "newer" ffmpeg/ffdshow (by now it's old), but it only affects seeking and also only streams made with very old x264. Other than that i don't know of any. Do you?

Quote:
I found the old ffdshow to perform faster than the new one.
How did you test this? Newer ffdshow with multithreading surely is faster on multi-core systems. I haven't seen any reports of non-multithreaded ffdshow being slower either..
Old 2009-11-17, 20:09   Link #19
jpwong

Quote:
The first post said the problem arose using the new CCCP, so if you use the old one then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
When you say CoreAVC+CCCP do you mean you're using CoreAVC for the video and CCCP for the audio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
@jpwong yeah,thats exactly what i´m doing.
CCCP isn't being used for anything other than playing the audio. There should be no need to downgrade, just tell it to let ffdshow handle the video as well. CPU useage will be higher, but it sounds like that the OP doesn't have any issues with it, it's just that CoreAVC was doing the same job with lower load until this issue came up.
Old 2009-11-17, 22:26   Link #20
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Using FFdshow to decode the video fixed the issue.
Thank you all

Tags
cccp, coreavc, issues, pixelation