AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-08-30, 18:18   Link #1
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
"Spider Man Japanese series sub"

If anyone downloads this please be aware it is a very badly done parody sub. The people that did it didn't bother to lable it as such. They also based on what I saw have no clue as to the history behind this series and marvel's involvment. If you want to see it subbed wait until next year when the full dvd set is coming out. A group I am with will be doing it.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 18:35   Link #2
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Essex, UK
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
oo i cant wait 2 see the real japanese one
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 20:29   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I suppose you can discuss this, but I hope that you won't post any links to it here since a company in NA (Marvel Entertainment) owns right to this show.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 20:41   Link #4
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I suppose you can discuss this, but I hope that you won't post any links to it here since a company in NA (Marvel Entertainment) owns right to this show.

Toei of Japan owns the rights to the show. It is a marvel license however.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 21:03   Link #5
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Toei of Japan owns the rights to the show. It is a marvel license however.
You are right, that completely invalidates what NoSanninWa has said!

Seriously though, am I right in the assumption that this Spiderman series is Live Action? (I saw some clips of LA Spidey in some thread ago)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 22:16   Link #6
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
My work here is done.

/parody subbed it

I was hoping people would recognize the [JAR] tag at the beginning of the filename and know it was a parody.

Also, I know exactly what happens in the story. Prior to subbing the series, I read a plot synopsis and several episode summaries for it. I even know that Leopardon was stolen from the studio this series was being filmed at around episode 10, and that they had to edit in old scenes of Leopardon doing old moves from then on. I also know how it ends. So please don't say I have no clue as to how the series works. Just because I don't know Japanese doesn't mean I don't know what I'm parody subbing. You're more than welcome to be critical of my sense of humor, but don't make baseless assumptions about my intelligence, please.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 01:08   Link #7
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
My work here is done.

/parody subbed it

I was hoping people would recognize the [JAR] tag at the beginning of the filename and know it was a parody.

Also, I know exactly what happens in the story. Prior to subbing the series, I read a plot synopsis and several episode summaries for it. I even know that Leopardon was stolen from the studio this series was being filmed at around episode 10, and that they had to edit in old scenes of Leopardon doing old moves from then on. I also know how it ends. So please don't say I have no clue as to how the series works. Just because I don't know Japanese doesn't mean I don't know what I'm parody subbing. You're more than welcome to be critical of my sense of humor, but don't make baseless assumptions about my intelligence, please.

Very true. I am just against parody subbing of any kind. I consider it a waste of time.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 06:00   Link #8
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Consider my subs as a way to increase awareness about a show you'll be subbing in the future. You have no idea how much popularity a show can get if enough people like the parody subs and start demanding a real one.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 06:04   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Consider my subs as a way to increase awareness about a show you'll be subbing in the future. You have no idea how much popularity a show can get if enough people like the parody subs and start demanding a real one.
I dunno. Some shows are so dumb, like "Love Love" for example, that nothing could possibly get people to sub them. Not even if you did a parody sub of it!

Ummm... darnit, I guess you have a point. "Love Love," strangely enough, was subbed because of your parody sub of it. I would have thought that nothing could have possibly convinced anyone to sub that pile of steaming dog doo-doo, but somehow it really is being subbed thanks to you. You should be ashamed of yourself! From now on you should try to use your powers only for good instead of evil!
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.