AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 02:02   Link #6441
12ice

Alright, thread's up: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....g-new-tankers/

We've a troll already. bombard him with neg reps, would you?
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:07   Link #6442
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I've been grinding the past 2 days straight and I finally got my Tier 5 German tank - the Pz. III/IV. Fully upgraded, it's quite good... at least against fellow T5 tanks. Against T6/T7 heavies, I can't do jack. I can sometimes run away, but 90% of the time I can't even do damage... assuming my shots don't ricochet, all I get is "penetration" (IMO, if your shot penetrates, it should do damage... none of this 0 damage penetration crap). Which typically doesn't help me when they kill me in one hit. It basically forces me to camp and rely on flanking ambushes, and I hate that.
Looks like you have the answer to your problem. Okay, it's just one of the answers.

Most maps have designated areas where different classes of vehicles usually go to. For example, in Ruinberg, heavies usually brawl in the city in the west while mediums, lights and tank destroyers take the field and town in the east. Of course, this is just a generalization. You will have tank destroyers in the city and heavies in the field. Nobody forces you to follow the rest, but sometimes you can be chewed out for making stupid moves and costing the team as a result. Basically, my point is that you don't always have to engage heavies as much as you do other types of tanks.

And flanking can be fun as hell if you pull it off successfully. Even an IS or T29 (tier 7 heavies) will be penned, for damage, by your Panzer IV or M4 Sherman (tier 5 mediums) from the sides or back. It won't blast away half their HP, but the seemingly anemic damage could be crucial for your allies to take out the enemy in time. It can even distract the enemy enough for them to turn towards you, and you can just bolt away with your superior speed while your allies take the enemy down.

Quote:
Makes me want to rage-upgrade to a heavy tank rather than sticking to my original plan of getting a Panzer when I hit T7. I'll get my Tiger tank one day... then they'll be sorry.
Hahahahaha no.

Heavy tanks have better armor and superior firepower in general. Yes, this makes them the definite winners in one-on-one static engagements with mediums or lights. Note how I said "static", by which I mean "not moving".

Heavy tanks have terrible camouflage, lower maneuverability, lower speed, and bigger profiles. It was a learning process for me when I started with heavies, played them like mediums or lights, and got spotted and killed easily at the start of the battle because of my low camo. The low speed makes you more prone to being hit by artillery, who will be after your butt anyway because you have a bigger gun and a larger HP pool. The large profile makes it harder to hide behind corners, rocks, or hills, which can be paramount to survival.

Sorry, but you can't just become king of the battlefield in a heavy tank. They have their own separate style of play which you'll have to learn and get good at.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:18   Link #6443
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I think the problem with Spectacular_Insanity is that he thinking this game is "Yes I am super expert player. I can Kill everyone with one Tank!!!!"

NOPE! even real "super expert player" cannot say that

This is team based game. not CoD! each tank have specific role. you dont just go there and kill everyone. some of them scout. other sniping. some flanking and other absorbing damage. You need to work together!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:19   Link #6444
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And of course, not all heavy tanks are equal. That Tiger gets an awesome gun once you get the 88mm L/71, but its hull is paper; the IS is more a medium tank with a big gun that needs to get close to the enemy to hit them; the T29 has a paper hull but has a good gun on an impenetrable gun mantle; the Black Prince has nice all around armor but is slow and has piss-poor firepower etc...

Just because you're a "Heavy" tank doesn't mean you're going to be owning in battles all the time. There have been many occasions in a heavy where my ass has been nailed by wolfpacks of medium and/or light tanks, and of course artillery. Only thing you get transferring to Heavies is that you play differently.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:33   Link #6445
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

you need a worf-pack? I solo and kill heavy with my med all the time.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:36   Link #6446
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
Alright, thread's up: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index....g-new-tankers/

We've a troll already. bombard him with neg reps, would you?
He has 8 "hits received" already. Let's give him Steel Wall and beyond!
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:49   Link #6447
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I think the problem with Spectacular_Insanity is that he thinking this game is "Yes I am super expert player. I can Kill everyone with one Tank!!!!"

NOPE! even real "super expert player" cannot say that

This is team based game. not CoD! each tank have specific role. you dont just go there and kill everyone. some of them scout. other sniping. some flanking and other absorbing damage. You need to work together!
That's not what I was saying at all. I just want to be in a tank where I don't get one-shot by a heavy when I'm halfway across the map.

And I tend to prefer urban fighting rather than field fighting. When you're out in the open, it's a lot harder to angle correctly.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:56   Link #6448
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
That's not what I was saying at all. I just want to be in a tank where I don't get one-shot by a heavy when I'm halfway across the map.

And I tend to prefer urban fighting rather than field fighting. When you're out in the open, it's a lot harder to angle correctly.
then take cover or move as quicklly and zigzag as you can

mobility is the key

what is your Ps2/4 crew percentage?

Old 2013-05-15, 02:56   Link #6449
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
heavy tank is not that good, high tier heavy is suffering cause arty get stronger and heavy get bigger .

again, what your ingame name?

and every tank is weak against tanks 2 tier above them, you have to use your head then.

and FYI Tiger is not really a good tank
My IGN is VectorZeta.

And if I'm going to keep using a medium tank, should I keep aiming for the Panzer/Panzer II, or go for the Indien-Pz. research line instead?
Old 2013-05-15, 03:02   Link #6450
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
My IGN is VectorZeta.

And if I'm going to keep using a medium tank, should I keep aiming for the Panzer/Panzer II, or go for the Indien-Pz. research line instead?
just keep Pz3/4 for while. you will play it alot.

try different nation like US or soviet before trying again with german

Old 2013-05-15, 03:04   Link #6451
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
then take cover or move as quicklly and zigzag as you can

mobility is the key

what is your Ps2/4 crew percentage?
Crew percentage just hit 62% this afternoon. I recently upgraded my engines in my Pz. III/IV to max so I've got decent speed (for a med tank), but unless I'm perfectly positioned with a corner to angle myself to deflect incoming fire, I typically die really fast.

But maybe it's the Pz. III/IV. Do other med tanks have the trouble I'm having?

And speaking of mobility, if I'm supposed to be moving so much, shouldn't I switch to a light tank instead like the Pz. I C/Luchs? I've seen Pz. I C's do quite well even in T5 matches by harassing SPGs.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:15   Link #6452
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

@Spectacular Insanity:

Oh man, you only have played 200 battles and you're already at tier 6? No wonder you are have having trouble. At 200 battles, I believe I was still working on tier 3. You shouldn't feel obligated to jump up a tier immediately. It's better to get comfortable with the lower tiers before working on tier 6. Find the tier 2 or 3 tank you can tolerate the most and do several dozen battles in it. Get antiquated with strategies in the lower tiers, because they just become more complex and unforgiving in higher tiers. This game doesn't get easier in higher tier vehicles; quite the contrary, actually.

And when you buy a tank, it's good to spend a few extra credits to get your crew at 75% from the start. The difference in performance in incredible. You will shoot faster and more accurately. You will accelerate faster and your turret will turn faster. Even your camouflage will be better.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 03:17   Link #6453
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Crew percentage just hit 62%
that the problem. try to buy 75 crew training if you have money. it will help you a lot.

Quote:
I recently upgraded my engines in my Pz. III/IV to max so I've got decent speed (for a med tank), but unless I'm perfectly positioned with a corner to angle myself to deflect incoming fire, I typically die really fast.
well depend on which enemy your facing. fellow Pz3/4. sure angle it. TD or heavy? Flank Him! dont just sit in front of them and waiting to get shoot. aim at the back

Quote:
But maybe it's the Pz. III/IV. Do other med tanks have the trouble I'm having?
Nah Pz 3/4 is good tank. not the best but certainly not bad. nothing wrong with that

Quote:
And speaking of mobility, if I'm supposed to be moving so much, shouldn't I switch to a light tank instead like the Pz. I C/Luchs? I've seen Pz. I C's do quite well even in T5 matches by harassing SPGs.
DONT!! you have problem with med let alone fragile light. stick with med at least for now

since you still new. try to stay behind the line and provide necessary support. you still new. nobody become a hero in first 1000 game or so. learn how your teammates play (obviously a good one not a bad one)

you will loss a lot in first few game. that fine since

1) you still newbie
2) you tank is not fully upgraded along with the crew

for 1 you need to learn you self
for 2 you need to grind

keep playing with Pz3/4 until you fully upgraded. then you can move to T6. Keep Pz3/4 since you will start losing money on T6 whether you win or not. while in T5 you will gain money even if you lose (for most of the time)

Old 2013-05-15, 03:46   Link #6454
Marina2

@Spectacular_Insanity

Tier 5 is the best tier for training and money making (Even better if you are medium tank). I recommend you to spend your time in tier 5 tank about 400-500 games before moving to play tier 6. You will learn a lot of thing in tier 5 that is necessary in Tier6+ match.

Also, Tier6+ tank repairing and ammo cost are very expensive. Unless you do well, you will found that you loss money more than you can gain in each match.

So, get use to tier 5 tanks.You will have to come back to play them a lot in the future.
Old 2013-05-15, 04:06   Link #6455
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spectacular Insanity: Each kind of unit has a specific role. For mediums at times it's as a mobile support, and even then depending on the tier and the Country this can vary too. For example, some tanks you pretty much HAVE to be a flanker to be useful (T-43 and Cromwell), while others long range sniping is the name of the game (the Panther comes to mind). In general though, Mediums aren't made for brawling (few mediums have the front armor needed for that); instead you support, and look for openings in the lines of the opposing team, then you punch through and outflank.

Oh, we had a productive set of games again with Sahin and Pen3. 13 games in a platoon, 9 wins over 3 losses, most of that at Tier 9. I used the T-54 (a good example of a fast medium that can fit in most roles, including dogfighting and outflanking) in most of that, then Sahin got tired of me heading ahead and asked me to use the E-75. Which I did fine with too.

Caps of the results of the matches to follow.

And yes, always keep a Tier 5 in handy. It's the point where you can still earn good money (unless you're a derp user heh). From Tier 6s and above, you can't do that with regularity, and once you hit Tier 9 you LOSE money even on a win.

EDIT: Promised Screenies!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-15 at 04:22.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 04:52   Link #6456
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spectacular Insanity:
Oh, we had a productive set of games again with Sahin and Pen3. 13 games in a platoon, 9 wins over 3 losses, most of that at Tier 9. I used the T-54 (a good example of a fast medium that can fit in most roles, including dogfighting and outflanking) in most of that, then Sahin got tired of me heading ahead and asked me to use the E-75. Which I did fine with too.

Caps of the results of the matches to follow.

EDIT: Promised Screenies!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is the only screenshot you need. I keep a Lowe in handy where i can get 100k on a loss.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 05:40   Link #6457
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Attack on WOT
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 05:44   Link #6458
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Pen3: I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm still hemorrhaging silver, and barring one occasion during the platoon I only fired APCR once (when I went against the Type squad). Hmm, might have to hit the tier 5s for a while.

Oh, and ironically according to WoT Labs my 60-day Efficiency is actually getting lower DESPITE the damage done at the high tier games. Hmm.
Old 2013-05-15, 06:04   Link #6459
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

:3

5 for solo pub 10 for tempester & Kimi platoon

Old 2013-05-15, 06:12   Link #6460
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote: