AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-08-18, 05:40   Link #18141
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Origami nearly got her ass handed to her by Westscott. I kind of knew she would have a tough time fighting him. At least she better than the fight with Mio.

I really thought this would be the last volume. I did expect Mio to die after she was redeemed. Westscott FINALLY died after he got what wanted. However I feel pity for him after what lead to him becoming what he is now. I did not know that Reine would died. She's one of my favorites. I like that Reine brought up the conversation about "Shidou's mom". However in the end, "mom sacrificed herself to protect her son" is satisfying to me.

It seems AST and other "certain" characters appear again. I wonder what's their reaction (AST already know their identity before hand).

What is utterly surprising is the ending? Why would Tohka do such a thing?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 06:42   Link #18142
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Origami nearly got her ass handed to her by Westscott. I kind of knew she would have a tough time fighting him. At least she better than the fight with Mio.

I really thought this would be the last volume. I did expect Mio to die after she was redeemed. Westscott FINALLY died after he got what wanted. However I feel pity for him after what lead to him becoming what he is now. I did not know that Reine would died. She's one of my favorites. I like that Reine brought up the conversation about "Shidou's mom". However in the end, "mom sacrificed herself to protect her son" is satisfying to me.

It seems AST and other "certain" characters appear again. I wonder what's their reaction (AST already know their identity before hand).

What is utterly surprising is the ending? Why would Tohka do such a thing?
The AST don't know their identities in the new timeline.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 07:32   Link #18143
dark44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
well seems when shinji died his soul already went to the after life so shido only have his memories.....shido himself is born as new life from Mio ...

someone who finally read vol 19 posted a summary in reddit :
Spoiler for vol 19:


idk about you guys , but after Mio / Reine died seems to me i lost the reason why i was following DAL....and shido for god sake suffering suffering ....give a man a break....tbh i cried in this volume shido lost Rinne now Mio /reine at ffs let him have his mother beside him... this volume make it sound clear that once someone is ded is DED unless time travel fix all this mess ...anyone got any info about the afterward ? and it's pretty much confirmed next vol cover will be tohka in her new astral dress ...
thanx but is that mean shidou is mio and shin child or lifeform without parents
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 07:44   Link #18144
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
thanx but is that mean shidou is mio and shin child or lifeform without parents
Shin isn't his father. Biologically, he is Shin. His biological parents are Shinji and Mana's.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:17   Link #18145
dark44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
so he have the body but new soul in it really stupid move to make him like that he is fake
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:22   Link #18146
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
so he have the body but new soul in it really stupid move to make him like that he is fake
Yes...that's the point.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:26   Link #18147
Mizo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: realm of tragedy
anyone know why tho shido kissed Mio/reine he couldn't seal them ??
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:52   Link #18148
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
anyone know why tho shido kissed Mio/reine he couldn't seal them ??
He wasn't powerful enough to seal Mio.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:58   Link #18149
Darkwolf907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In another world
With just read the summary my tears already come out, what will happen if i read the full volume i wonder.
Darkwolf907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 08:59   Link #18150
Mirable
ミラベル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
anyone know why tho shido kissed Mio/reine he couldn't seal them ??
To seal spirit, you have to make them fall for you.

He failed cuz Mio/reine doesn't love Shido, the one she loves is Shin and deep down Mio/reine know that Shido isn't Shin.
__________________
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:08   Link #18151
Darkwolf907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In another world
^so thats explained Shido’s trademark that he will make Mio fall for him over Shin
Darkwolf907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:18   Link #18152
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
To seal spirit, you have to make them fall for you.

He failed cuz Mio/reine doesn't love Shido, the one she loves is Shin and deep down Mio/reine know that Shido isn't Shin.
You're incorrect. Kotori confirms that Reine's affection is high enough to be sealed. It's as I said - Shido wasn't powerful enough to seal Mio.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:23   Link #18153
Darkwolf907
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: In another world
^thanks for your info @Chaos Entity

For me, The most impact info is about Mio and it still weighting my mind after reading this forum today, haha (dry laught)
Darkwolf907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:24   Link #18154
Mirable
ミラベル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
You're incorrect. Kotori confirms that Reine's affection is high enough to be sealed. It's as I said - Shido wasn't powerful enough to seal Mio.
but Shido still failed to seal Reine so Kotori is wrong this time, simple as that.

Shido even said that he will make Reine choose him over Shin in their date.
__________________
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 09:25   Link #18155
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf907 View Post
^thanks for your info @Chaos Entity

For me, The most impact info is about Mio and it still weighting my mind after reading this forum today, haha (dry laught)
You're welcome!
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:06   Link #18156
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Spoiler for Kurumi:
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:18   Link #18157
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
^
Isn't the same.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:24   Link #18158
Mizo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: realm of tragedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Kurumi:
i doubt anyone knew she died, to begin with all what caught their attention her new astral dress ,

we have a bad end vol 18 , now vol 19 true end aka bittersweet , next would be happy end , if shido couldn't seal Mio's power through her then maybe he will get it from tohka now that she got her sephira then the only card i know the author can play is finally shido in his fully spirit form and probably his going to try and fix this entire mess i hope .....still i can't believe koushi killed off Reine definitely ...

Last edited by Mizo; 2018-08-18 at 11:01.
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:32   Link #18159
Jord
10th
 
Join Date: May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
i doubt anyone knew she died, to begin with all what caught their attention her new astral dress ,

we have a bad end vol 18 , now vol 19 true end aka bittersweet , next would be happy end , if shido couldn't seal Mio's power through her then maybe he will get it from tohka now that she got her sephira then the only card i know the author can play is finally shido in his fully spirit form and probably his going to try and fix this entire mess i hope .....still i don't believe koushi killed off Reine definitely ...
After all this time reading DAL there is one thing that's for sure, most of the deaths won't matter because the characters will be back anyways. Right now Wescott's death is something that will be permament (I hope) so everything that's left is fixing this whole situation, bringing back Kurumi, dealing with anything that Tohka is trying to do and maybe, just maybe Reine back to the world of the living (you know, after all she's still someone relevant for the girls and Shido).

On my side I still feel like this volume was very underwhelming, even after the detailed summary and a few tl's here and there. Nothing was surprising, maybe what Tohka did at the end, most of the important parts were predictable or expected to happen, i just want to see if the next volume delivers something truly surprising instead of the usual patter DAL has been following since the first arc.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-18, 10:58   Link #18160
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I still can't believe Tohka pull something like that in the end. As expected of the idiot princess.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.