Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-09, 02:24   Link #21
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Woohoo!

EXCELLENT news. Will immediately change the thread title.

That made my day. ^^
CR's title change, however, makes me confused.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 05:29   Link #22
R.LocK
My turn

...No, CR, stop playing with my heart. I'll never have my Book Girl TV, so don't use that...

On a happier note, I did love this episode. Nice food, err, adoration, and the "I'll be your family" scene is great.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:48   Link #23
ookamigirl

The art is really nice.
A bunch of girls again..
It looks nice with some innocent fan service.
Sure has been a while since a good cooking anime..
All in all, skipping it, not really interesting enough for me.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 13:03   Link #24
IceHism

That was really calm and relaxing. Interesting atmosphere built. I'll stick with it for now.

Edit: Some of the actual recipes shown in the anime/manga
The studio is releasing them on their website since it's real food
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...ussion/cnjnc0y

Last edited by IceHism; 2015-01-09 at 15:33.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 16:51   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not particularly bad or good, except the randomly inserted provocative(?) scenes, so it would have been an OK show to watch to pass time... if it wasn't for the fact there were already so many anime today.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 17:28   Link #26
SamCurt

CR announced (through an edit to the announcement post linked above) that the first ep will be available to Premium members Saturday January 10th, at 8 PM Pacific Time. I personally can't say much whether they would go back to Thursday for the rest of the cour, though.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 20:05   Link #27
cleo

That was very sweet. I like 'soothing' slice of life series, I'm just very surprised that Shaft is the one delivering it this season. That said, if there's one studio that can bring cross the idea that food can be 'sex on a plate', it's Shaft
It deserves at least my 3 ep trial.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 21:10   Link #28
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's definitely not the typical SHAFT style you see in Bakemonogatari or even Hidamari Sketch. Still, it brings feelings of warmth and comfort, just like I expected it to be and just what I needed in this kind of cold weather where I'm at. The exchange between the almost scholarly chef Ryou and the enthusiastic tummy Kirin is so adorable I almost wanted to experience their culinary journey first-hand. (Too bad my cooking is practical, to say the least. )

The OP and ED are both adorable, but not as much as the two short ones played during the sponsors portion and the preview for the next episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 22:08   Link #29
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow that lipservice Ryou seems like to much like a wife just so smexy
Old 2015-01-09, 22:29   Link #30
Seihai
スマイリウム

Images
Rasmus Faber
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
My friend just told me that the composer for the OP song is Rasmus Faber, a Swedish guy who works as a Dj and pianist. I asked him "how does a Swedish guy end up creating a moe OP theme?" and he was like "that's what I'd like to know, too."

I checked his songs on soundcloud and I do sense the same kind of happy tunes as in the OP theme, if that makes any sense. At any rate it must be pretty cool to have the honor of producing in the anime industry, and for/with Sakamoto Maaya at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The OP and ED are both adorable, but not as much as the two short ones played during the sponsors portion and the preview for the next episode.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Taberu Taberu!~ Onaka Peko Peko... Oishiiii ne! lol

Also I just realized Nonaka Ai is voicing yet another aunt in yet another Shaft anime. Meme-san was Milf as hell. Akira-san isn't as high grade but still, neat coincidence.

Last edited by Seihai; 2015-01-09 at 22:47.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 00:49   Link #31
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Yep - I instantly recognized the voice of Nonoka Ai (the MC's aunt - Akira is her name, I think?) too ... in fact it made me giggle to myself. What a perfect choice in retrospect. The grandma's voice was also the voice of the Ichigo's grandma in Yumeiro Pattisiere - a perfect fit both there and here. (I also happen to love listening to her voice.)

This ep was funny ... I was literally chuckling aloud repeatedly throughout the ep. I would not be surprised if I am prolly the only person in these forums who laughed so consistently thoughout, though. The facial expressions of both Ryou and Kirin were also ridiculously and crazily over-the-top - a sort of different emphasis rather than the usual head tilts and film noir camera angle styles Shaft has became famous for over the years.

And of course as with many Kirara series there is plenty of d'aaawwwww present. ^^

As others have said I also enjoyed the OP and the ED - it is a very good happily silly and ridiculous harmony to the over-the-top facial expressions. The chibi charas rocking back and forth during the pv for the next ep while the singing of "doobie, doo wah" had me literally laughing out loud, though.

It is nice to have a series you hoped would be good to deliver like the first ep did for me. Now where will it go from here, I wonder? Hopefully it will continue to be good!
Old 2015-01-10, 02:47   Link #32
rladls2121

Haruka?
This voice is like a same character who is meant to be called Haruka nee sama or Haruka san, whatever.
Is it that the same character in Minami ke series?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 07:28   Link #33
Xeiros

Spoiler for Whursday:
Old 2015-01-10, 11:16   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was very cute and relaxing. The only thing I'm worrying about is that Shaft seems to be behind schedule again, as the lack of ED animation indicates.
Old 2015-01-10, 12:52   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ryou sure knows how to turn eating into a fanservice moment . I could see that girl kicked out of restaurants for indecent eating .

Has my sympathies that she can't seem to cook very well when by herself. Although I guess that's not a huge deal, just needs to not end up alone .

Not a bad first episode. Seems like it will be an easy show to relax and watch.
Old 2015-01-10, 15:31   Link #36
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Images
Rasmus Faber
My friend just told me that the composer for the OP song is Rasmus Faber, a Swedish guy who works as a Dj and pianist. I asked him "how does a Swedish guy end up creating a moe OP theme?" and he was like "that's what I'd like to know, too."
You can add me to that group. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
This ep was funny ... I was literally chuckling aloud repeatedly throughout the ep. I would not be surprised if I am prolly the only person in these forums who laughed so consistently thoughout, though. The facial expressions of both Ryou and Kirin were also ridiculously and crazily over-the-top - a sort of different emphasis rather than the usual head tilts and film noir camera angle styles Shaft has became famous for over the years.
I didn't laugh that much, but I did feel all warm inside. This show is the definition of comfy and warm, and with enough good feelings to make you smile. Ryo and Kirin are a great combination and can make you chuckle, but most of all, they give the impression of a happy family. I'm definetly watching this just to feel good every weekend.

Quote:
As others have said I also enjoyed the OP and the ED - it is a very good happily silly and ridiculous harmony to the over-the-top facial expressions. The chibi charas rocking back and forth during the pv for the next ep while the singing of "doobie, doo wah" had me literally laughing out loud, though.
Indeed, the OP is quite adorable, and sounds great, just like the ED. Everything in this show seems made to make you feel happy.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 18:50   Link #37
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

I think this is my favorite premier of the season so far in terms of new shows. Ryo & Kirin were loads of fun, and Kirin-chan was especially cute. Relaxing show of the season! Would cook for and feed.

The OP & ED were also fantastic imo. Did not look up too much info before the series aired so was very surprised on who composed the OP.
Quote:
Images
Rasmus Faber

I checked his songs on soundcloud and I do sense the same kind of happy tunes as in the OP theme, if that makes any sense. At any rate it must be pretty cool to have the honor of producing in the anime industry, and for/with Sakamoto Maaya at that.
Complete biased love for the OP, from me as I friggin' love Ramus Faber and his work. Truly the best Swedish man alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Taberu Taberu!~ Onaka Peko Peko... Oishiiii ne! lol
Yeah those were rather catchy & nice pieces too.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:15   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So I guess I'm gonna have to be that guy huh?

Well then let me be the first to say that I didn't really enjoy this premiere all that much. I'm not really a fan of pedestrian anime with moe girls to begin with and the cooking aspect just didn't have enough bite for me to be interested in it (excuse the pun XP). And it didn't take me long to realise that Rina Sato was badly miscast here: Her attempt at being quiet and soft spoken just ended up feeling unfitting and was grating to my ears.

I'll give the show another chance provided I get the time, but there's a mountain load of shows I still want to watch so I don't think it'll happen.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 22:11   Link #39
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Well then let me be the first to say that I didn't really enjoy this premiere all that much. I'm not really a fan of pedestrian anime with moe girls to begin with and the cooking aspect just didn't have enough bite for me to be interested in it (excuse the pun XP). And it didn't take me long to realise that Rina Sato was badly miscast here: Her attempt at being quiet and soft spoken just ended up feeling unfitting and was grating to my ears.
Now I wonder why you even picked this up considering that everyone's expecting it to be this way a long time ago.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 00:34   Link #40
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I'm looking forward to this anime as I fancy things about food and how to make them. Not really used to Rina Sato doing such a soft spoken and timid heroine as it just sounds so weird. I usually like when she does the Onee-sama or Railgun archetype.

Tags
4koma_adaptation, cooking, manga_time_kirara, shaft