AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-03, 05:38   Link #161
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also it doesn't matter whether or not you actually did anything wrong. Even if they know you're innocent. The mere fact that you're being accused of something makes you filthy.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 10:44   Link #162
grecefar

There's the point too that nobody knows what he did, only that he have a criminal record, you can see the rumors about him getting more serious, like he smokes, he's a murderer, he's a drug dealer, he's this, he did this and that, etc.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 12:16   Link #163
Twi

Well, yeah. Rumors are a theme of the story too. Shiho being nice to the protag whereas everyone else treated them like garbage after hearing the rumors was a thing because Ann was being subjected to rumors about being with Kamoshida as well, which only added to the need to avenge her.
Old 2018-05-03, 14:49   Link #164
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think that's something the anime failed to convey properly, by the way. I was shocked by the way Joker was treated by everyone else in the game, especially after P4 where everybody was super nice to Yu from the get-go. They've focused too much on the Palace and Kamoshida at the expense of this.
You're absolutely right. The anime has mostly overlooked that part and yeah, it was a massive change form the begining of P4.
Old 2018-05-04, 08:42   Link #165
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Most important change from the game: Morgana oversees Ren's progress at night instead of saying something along the lines of, oh I don't know, "aren't you tired today? You should go to sleep." So yeah, he's a criminal, having deals with shady doctors and going out way past curfew, but at least he is FREEEEE!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 10:30   Link #166
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Most important change from the game: Morgana oversees Ren's progress at night instead of saying something along the lines of, oh I don't know, "aren't you tired today? You should go to sleep." So yeah, he's a criminal, having deals with shady doctors and going out way past curfew, but at least he is FREEEEE!
It's only the beginning. I'm pretty sure he'll say that at some point or another, and it'd be funny if Ren told him what every players wanted to: screw you, I don't want to go to sleep right after coming home!
Old 2018-05-04, 16:45   Link #167
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I spent the entire episode just waiting for Morgana to tell the MC to go to sleep. I mean, they have to do it eventually right? It's such a massive meme that they just have to do it
Old 2018-05-05, 14:35   Link #168
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ep.5 is out! Much better than the rest, although it still has moments of horrible art (but at least they skipped the battle this time). Tons of information and a lot of side progress: quite a few confidants, part-time jobs, mementos, Akechi's whole "death note" mentality and Ann's stalker post-ED.

I don't know if I'm enjoying this way more than I should just because I've played the game...but I think I probably am.
Old 2018-05-05, 16:08   Link #169
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Watched the episode. Didn't know the Confidants were that important. Does the player achieve new places by improving them?

Still, now that Ren is starting two Confidants, shouldn't he talk more?
Old 2018-05-05, 19:09   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Watched the episode. Didn't know the Confidants were that important. Does the player achieve new places by improving them?
You gain perks. For example, Tae sells you medicine and accessories you can use in Palaces. A strong relationship with a confidant also gives a Persona from their arcana an equally strong XP boost when you fuse them.
Old 2018-05-05, 21:33   Link #171
The Green One

Discounts at shops, new items in shops, special abilities in battle. It just scratches the surface. It's well worth the player's time and effort to max out as many as you can.
Old 2018-05-06, 06:17   Link #172
Random14

Yeah, the Social Links, er, Confidants are more integrated into the story this time, though a lot of them are still pretty wacky (good thing the Treasure was something they could sell off).

Better episode, now that they're not stuck on explaining the Palace exploration rules. Although they've sure made a big jump- before they were afraid of messing around with someone's heart due to the chance of killing them (with Shiho's suffering and their own expulsion pushing them to risk it), now they're planning to reform society?

Too bad even with Kamoshida gone society is still looking pretty rotten. Between the atmosphere at the buffet and that other student being forced to investigate them. Not to mention I'm not sure if Mishima is more or less annoying than he was before. No wonder the Phantom Thieves are getting ambitious. Too bad Ren is still barely talking.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-06, 11:11   Link #173
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought they did a good job with Yu in P4 the animation, but here Ren does barely talk and just goes along with the flow. He couldn't be any more bland. Now that he's officially been appointed as leader, I hope that will change.
Old 2018-05-06, 14:35   Link #174
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They seem to be trying to go for this kind of duality. He is very quiet as Ren, to symbolize how society is keeping him down, you can see this as well through the tendency of his glasses being drawn completely opaque. As Joker he gains a lot of presence, showing more of his true self.
Old 2018-05-06, 16:12   Link #175
The Green One

Is it really that strange for "Ren" to be quiet and prefer to blend in with the background? With his criminal rep and probation hanging over his head, those in the know are looking for literally any excuse to get rid of him. The students have built up their own wrong image of them and shun him.

I don't find it weird that he's trying to avoid calling attention to himself. It would make sense in his situation for him to keep his head down and try to blend in.
Old 2018-05-07, 03:38   Link #176
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Isn't a detective's job mostly to take pictures of an unfaithful spouse in the act? What's Akechi on?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 08:06   Link #177
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ That's what P.I's usually do (i.e. private investigators), detective is (IIRC) a police rank. Akechi is more like, uh, assisting citizen, a la Yagami Light, helping the cops solve cases (I think it was mentioned last year in the daybreakers special).
Old 2018-05-07, 10:48   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The detectives in the Persona series are like Sherlock Holmes. It would be more accurate to call them consultants, but "detective" sounds cooler. Maybe the word has a broader meaning in Japanese too. In fact, most of the "tantei" I know are not part of the police. The word "keiji" seems to be used for actual police detectives instead.
Old 2018-05-07, 11:58   Link #179
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Funny how English refers to different (but similar) things with the same word. Akechi is indeed a police detective. Although he doesn't actually work for them (yet)? The game doesn't go into great detail what his relation to the police is. I think Sae took a liking to him?
Old 2018-05-07, 12:38   Link #180
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I believe Kanon's description of consultant is very accurate: they let him tag along under an officer's wing and make use of his deductions in their investigations. Not sure if he still goes to school though...