AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 40 47.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 30.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-09, 21:42   Link #61
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Did the time sand/whatever time clock that Mayuri had was stopped? Oh also, was that Okabe's first kiss in the whole series?

Old 2011-08-09, 21:46   Link #62
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Seeing how FB would probably be one of the characters already mentioned at least once or twice, I had this random theory that FB is

Spoiler:

Old 2011-08-09, 21:58   Link #63
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Heeeeee? Was expecting Moeka to be arrested by the police or something... though was a great episode, really enjoyed it. But if Moeka didn't believe that last D-Mail because the phone number was different, wonder how did Okabe convince Faeris father not to return when he received a mail her daughter had been kidnapped? Beats me....

So, we now expecting direct confrontation against a member of SERN? Whoa yeah the next ep should be a masterpiece then, Oh and I also like to see Moeka helping/joining the club as a member too.
Old 2011-08-09, 21:58   Link #64
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Oh also, was that Okabe's first kiss in the whole series?
Pretty sure it was, at least in-series. Since they never stated if he was kissed before the series started.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:02   Link #65
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
But if Moeka didn't believe that last D-Mail because the phone number was different, wonder how did Okabe convince Faeris father not to return when he received a mail her daughter had been kidnapped? Beats me....
It's not that the number was different (in fact, that's why he needed her phone), it's that she decided to just ignore the "It's a trap" message and look anyway since they needed the IBN really bad.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:02   Link #66
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Who cares if he punched her? She was attacking Okabe and he just snapped. He's keeping true to his mission to undo the effects that she caused to save Mayuri who she has killed over 20 times. Even if she didn't kill him in the current time line like she said if she was told to kill Mayuri she would do it 100%.

Okabe realized what he did was wrong unlike her who would kill just by an unknown persons orders. He actually apologized for all the emotional and physical damage he did. (probably mostly the emotional damage he did)

Moeka was a mess. And being hit and told all of this at least let her snap into reality just a little bit to release the location of the IBN 5100. The measures were drastic but it woke her up so what ever.

As for FB Im thinking some one who would also put their whole life into time machines would be in SERN. It's possible that Makise's father is in SERN and could be giving orders to get his goal.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:03   Link #67
karuroso

The preview for the 20th ep is up

=O Mr. Brown and Nae appearing...and Moeka being cooperative >_> ah damn I can't wait
Old 2011-08-09, 22:06   Link #68
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Mr. Braun and his daughter don't look too sane in that preview.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:10   Link #69
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But this isn't the Moeka that killed Mayuri. Holding a crime against her that she has yet to commit (and perhaps never would in this timeline) just doesn't sit well with me.
Well Moeka has already wronged Okabe by stealing the IBN 5100 and also selling out information of them to SERN, which will inevitably end in Mayuri's death (He confirmed her life will end in that time line).

If Moeka was the sort that would quietly hand over the information, Okabe's actions wouldn't be necessary.

Now there are some interesting analogies that can be made here to the situation. If you were in some sort of intelligence agency (CIA for example) and you got hold of information that a terrorist attack was probably going to take place, you wouldn't take measures to prevent it even if it meant hurting the terrorists? In this case, Okabe not only has this information but has official confirmation that Mayuri will die in this time line because of Moeka and SERN.

Now I'm not saying Okabe's actions are pretty by any means, but I find it odd that people are losing respect for him as a person over this. I say this because it's just the opposite for me. He's displaying an awesome level of devotion and commitment to his mission to save Mayuri. He's doing what needs to be done.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:14   Link #70
Midonin
Last Engage

Up until now he's been able to set things back to a (mostly) better scenario without physically hurting anyone. Talking things out and clever use of technology. I like having a hero who didn't need to resort to those things. When "Crazy" Mad Scientist meant "quirky", not... this.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:17   Link #71
GDB

Yeah, she was real responsive to his talking when he first walked in. Not even realizing he was there and all.

You can say "He should use his words" all you want, but he tried and it didn't work. Get off that wagon.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:21   Link #72
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Have we also taken to account Okabe trying to get information out of her in a different time line only to be whacked in the head by one of her SERN goonies as she wouldn't budge on the issue?

@Midonin

I like having stories that take issues seriously. It would be completely OOC for Moeka to open up to Okabe for no good reason. Look how hard he had to try this episode just to get her to speak in a rational manner. Most of the episode she was just yelling hysterically.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:22   Link #73
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Actually I'm surprised no one mentioned about the land lady checking up on Moeka and assumed it was her lover, rather than an attempted rape by some mysterious stranger, which was way more disturbing in my opinion.
Well, Moeka didn't ask for help, did she?
Old 2011-08-09, 22:24   Link #74
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Now I'm not saying Okabe's actions are pretty by any means, but I find it odd that people are losing respect for him as a person over this.
Oh, I'm not losing respect for him by any means. Like I said, I have to respect a person who is truly this dedicated to his dearest friend, and will simply not stop to try to save her or him.

Also, Okabe's situation is an unique one, in that with each step he takes, there's no turning back. Stopping now would actually mean that Feyris' father died in vain, for example. So Okabe really has no choice but to keep pressing onward, and that's interesting, because there's not too many narratives that can convincingly setup a situation like that, but Steins;Gate has.

A couple separate points I wanted to mention here:

1. I love the irony in how Okabe's mission to save Mayuri is causing him to grow closer to Kurisu. What an intriguing love triangle this may turn out to be.

2. Though Kurisu is much more than just a tsundere, it's interesting to see a narrative setup that kind of justifies the tsundere going back-and-forth between tsuntsun and deredere. That's because all of these time-leaps are having the effect of continually undoing the relationship development that made Kurisu "deredere" towards Okabe in the first place, so it only makes sense that she'd be back to a more "tsuntsun" disposition towards him.

With this in mind, Kurisu may be one of the most unique tsunderes of all time, blending both the classical "starts tsuntsun before becoming deredere" tsundere with the more recent "flips back and forth randomly between both".
Old 2011-08-09, 22:26   Link #75
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well Moeka has already wronged Okabe by stealing the IBN 5100 and also selling out information of them to SERN, which will inevitably end in Mayuri's death (He confirmed her life will end in that time line).
In this timeline Moeka hasn't met the lab members, she only has a text from a Moeka from another timeline. This Moeka cannot sell out someone she has not and would not meet. She steals from the shrine if anything as it's sitting in a storehouse when she takes it, so yeah legally she commited a crime but that's not why Okabe is punching her. Okabe's not in the wrong because he is working to prevent a dystopia, but it's not like she would have any idea what crime she committed since she did not and in the current timeline cannot commit that crime.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:43   Link #76
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
In this timeline Moeka hasn't met the lab members, she only has a text from a Moeka from another timeline. This Moeka cannot sell out someone she has not and would not meet. She steals from the shrine if anything as it's sitting in a storehouse when she takes it, so yeah legally she commited a crime but that's not why Okabe is punching her. Okabe's not in the wrong because he is working to prevent a dystopia, but it's not like she would have any idea what crime she committed since she did not and in the current timeline cannot commit that crime.
The point is, Mayuri ends up dying in all these time lines precisely because of Moeka's actions with SERN. She is destined to death precisely because of her killing her on that day. Whether she knows about it or not in this timeline, her actions have already put them in the situation they are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Also, Okabe's situation is an unique one, in that with each step he takes, there's no turning back. Stopping now would actually mean that Feyris' father died in vain, for example. So Okabe really has no choice but to keep pressing onward, and that's interesting, because there's not too many narratives that can convincingly setup a situation like that, but Steins;Gate has.

Okabe is certainly carrying a lot of emotional weight with all this. I fear he'll even have to make tougher decisions soon enough.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:46   Link #77
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not that the number was different (in fact, that's why he needed her phone), it's that she decided to just ignore the "It's a trap" message and look anyway since they needed the IBN really bad.
Than... it would be useless even if they use the FBs phone to convince her not to get the IBN.

Hm... the next ep is more likely to be the 'gather information about FB' and Moeka helping Okabe? Oh, well it doesn't seem like they'll be able to undo that D-Mail for the next 2~3 episodes then
Old 2011-08-09, 22:51   Link #78
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Than... it would be useless even if they use the FBs phone to convince her not to get the IBN.
No, Moeka made it quite clear that she'd listen to anything FB said unconditionally.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:53   Link #79
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It does. You can't convict someone for a crime they didn't commit. Mayuri is very much alive and well. It would never hold up.
You and I can't because we don't know the future. Our situation is not at all comparable to Okabe, who's facing a classic, "If you could go back in time, would you kill baby Hitler?" situation.
Old 2011-08-09, 22:55   Link #80
Midonin
Last Engage

My answer to that is "Make sure the guy gets into art school". In this case, Moeka's "art school" is becoming a member of the lab.
Closed Thread