AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 44.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-08, 21:30   Link #21
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
Spoiler for massive cuts from the game...:
Ahhh, would you care to elaborate on why and how this event came about?
Old 2006-08-08, 23:22   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Ahhh, would you care to elaborate on why and how this event came about?
Spoiler for crushed nuts:
Old 2006-08-09, 00:09   Link #23
USCPharmacist

Wow, that dude went down so fast.....no wonder Karura want to stay with Hakuro. Who would want to stay with some loser brother when you can join the Harem of Ultimate winnage!!!! ahahaha lol

I've notice something, the people in Shadow Warrior Chronicles (lol) seem to have no concept of nation. They follow one dude until that dude dies, then they just go back to their merry life and let other dude rules them over. I guess in order to take over the world all Hakuro has to do is to assasinate all the rulers in the world haahha. Although I am pretty sure that the reason the soldiers gave up so fast at the end of the episode is because nobody really like that fag, kinda like how the Iraqis gave up (as least initially) once Sadam was removed from power by the Americans. Unfortunately, the constraint of a TV series really hamper the director effort in portraying the story in a logical manner.
Old 2006-08-09, 00:27   Link #24
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
I've notice something, the people in Shadow Warrior Chronicles (lol) seem to have no concept of nation. They follow one dude until that dude dies, then they just go back to their merry life and let other dude rules them over. I guess in order to take over the world all Hakuro has to do is to assasinate all the rulers in the world haahha. Although I am pretty sure that the reason the soldiers gave up so fast at the end of the episode is because nobody really like that fag, kinda like how the Iraqis gave up (as least initially) once Sadam was removed from power by the Americans. Unfortunately, the constraint of a TV series really hamper the director effort in portraying the story in a logical manner.
For good to exist, there must be evil, I suppose. Consider the rulers so far who were defeated/killed/horribly mutilated by Hakuoro. None of them were portraited to be compassionate rulers who cared about their own people, and that's just what happens. You might want to consider whether the system of ruling in one country has any impact, like it could be passed down in a family, which doesn't necessarily mean having good rulers in the future.

It does seem somewhat illogical since it seems to be a prominent pattern in the show, but normally, wouldn't a citizen wish to have a better ruler in place of a tyrant?
Old 2006-08-09, 02:46   Link #25
Lost

^ I would actually expect a tyrant to have at least "brainwashed" the populace (or at least a part of it) to see his idealogy; thus resulting in at least some resistance against Hakuoro's rule. Then again, it could be because Hakuoro himself doesnt seem to have a culture/idealogy of his own to spread, enforce; and maybe thats why the "conquered" people accept him; they are free to belief/think what they want to.

In anycase, I dont think the Anime goes that deep.
Old 2006-08-09, 03:11   Link #26
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
^ I would actually expect a tyrant to have at least "brainwashed" the populace (or at least a part of it) to see his idealogy; thus resulting in at least some resistance against Hakuoro's rule. Then again, it could be because Hakuoro himself doesnt seem to have a culture/idealogy of his own to spread, enforce; and maybe thats why the "conquered" people accept him; they are free to belief/think what they want to.

In anycase, I dont think the Anime goes that deep.
Not necessarily or, at best, not that obviously. In the game, Hakuoro's way of dealing with things would perhaps be a little more comprehensible - as long as you've reached the end and get to know why Hakuoro behaves thusly...since there is a reason, one surprising explanation for his benevolence - but I won't go into specifics.

So, no, the anime doesn't seem to go that deep but I suppose the audience won't even consider that aspect of the series until they have learnt about all the secrets behind the UM universe. Until then we will predictably just go along with the idea that Hakuoro is your umpteenth Good-guy-turned-leader-that-can't-go-or-commit-evil. It's only when you gather your wits after the end and try to create a comprehensive timeline that you piece all things together and get to understand Hakuoro a little better. But that's a story for another time.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-08-09 at 03:59.
Old 2006-08-09, 04:15   Link #27
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
you gather your wits after the end
Its that good huh. I'll be anticipating it.
Old 2006-08-09, 04:57   Link #28
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I didn't say it was baffling or mind-numbing but it's a bit confusing since it involves a fair share of flashbacks and past events that can be misleading unless one draws the aforementioned timeline and reorganizes everything into a comprehensive sequence. However, if you get the basis for the ending one should expect impressive scenes...which should...logically dwarf those encountered heretofore.
Spoiler:

But, yeah, the truth behind Hakuoro, his origins and his true nature is quite astonishing. Right now people consider him as a Hulk-spinoff but there's more to him than meets the eye.

BTW, I find the preview for ep20 quite interesting since it shows something that'd pave the way up to the final arc.
Old 2006-08-09, 11:04   Link #29
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Yeah, I thought the fight with Suonkasu was a bit disappointing. Though I guess it shouldn't be surprising, as they took Nuwangi and Sasante's battle prowess out of the anime as well. The part where they showed the flowers growing up from the corpses was really well done, in my opinion, and is a part where the anime adaptation can be superior to the game.

Next up, Demon King Gaav^W^W^Wnew guy shows up!
Old 2006-08-09, 13:08   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they seriusly made Karura overpowered lol she reminds me of the movie "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" You gotta be pretty strong to last long in bed with her XD
Old 2006-08-09, 13:18   Link #31
USCPharmacist

What bed, that guy got his balls crushed by Karura for forcing himself on her.....although I must comment the guy for loving her still after he became half a man....hehehe
Old 2006-08-09, 13:33   Link #32
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
This was one of the more interesting episodes I've seen. In a way, it's very general and predictable, and yet part me feels like it was done with a bit of flair.

You might say it's along the same lines as episode 7, when Hakuoro led the final battle to defeat Inkara. There's planning, there's moments of passiveness, and of course there's fighting. The things I like about the episode is how all the animation was fresh, with only one repeated animation (the soldiers walking on water lol). Looks like the producers are being less lazy, heh. Regarding the story and fighting, it's much more focused, like I get the sense that it's more than just an effort to advance the storyline. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I feel this episode had more of a "meaningful fight", if you know what I mean.

I love Suonkas this episode, very well done. He reminds me of a Romeo trying to woo her Juliet with the tone of his speech. I'm certainly glad he got a voice, and mind you, a very good guest V.A. at that.

I have to say that this is one of the more nicely animated episodes I've seen. Lots of movement, and I'm not just talking about open and closed mouths. Definately had a lot of vigor.

8/10
Portions that bugged me: Like Zalas said, I felt that Suonkas died a little bit effortlessly. Yes, the death was well done with the splashing of water and the blood staining the flower pedals. Very mystic. But Suonkas was portrayed as all talk. I'm pretty sure that if I expected to encounter two Giriyagina in my throne room, I'd carry and throw more than two shurikens (throwing weapons from FFXI :P ).

I think Karura was a little quick to leave Derihourai behind as well. Then again, it tells us a little something about how our buff harem girl's mind works. At the same time, despite the realization that the two are siblings, I wished that Karura showed a little more emotion or sympathy for him (but if your brother turned into someone who got smug with his strength, I'd punch him 10 meters away myself). In short, I could be misinterpreting, but it's still a little uncharacteristic.

Dang, if wars could only be stopped by simply slaying your national leader, the Roman Empire might've had a different outcome. ;x

And other things...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 20 marks the beginning of a brand new plot. New characters, mostly belonging to the rabbit-ear "species", new battles, new villians. Kuuya is back, and what's up with those machines? I sense less funny and more serious business, business that will affect either Hakuoro or Eruruu...or both. Despite non-stop episodes of being accustomed to one another, Eruruu is doing it again: she overhears something while serving tea (that's probably her in the short clip when Benaui and Hakuoro are discussing matters), closes the door behind her, and leans against it in anxiety or worry. With 7 episodes to go, it's time to pick up the pace.

Spoiler for people who have played the game:
Old 2006-08-09, 14:07   Link #33
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
What bed, that guy got his balls crushed by Karura for forcing himself on her.....although I must comment the guy for loving her still after he became half a man....hehehe
I'm talking about anyone ... not that misster
Old 2006-08-09, 14:35   Link #34
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
what? Kakura actually....

Spoiler:

Kakura: I love you Hakuoro!

*swats him with the sword*

..Now more then EVAAARR!!

That
Spoiler:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-08-09, 14:38   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Being in love with Karura will be like this movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4crZVBsTyNA
Old 2006-08-09, 15:48   Link #36
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Spoiler for massive cuts from the game...:

Could you tell me the whole story of Karura and Suonkasu please?
and what were those "great lines" of Karura?
Old 2006-08-09, 17:00   Link #37
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
Being in love with Karura will be like this movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4crZVBsTyNA
Hey, don't overreact... Karura will never become like that.

But just in case, is better Hakuoro pay atention to Karura and start to treat her VERY kindly, keeping her in her happy good side.

We all know she already has the habit of visiting him in his bedroom late at night.
Old 2006-08-09, 18:41   Link #38
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Could you tell me the whole story of Karura and Suonkasu please?
and what were those "great lines" of Karura?
Like I said above, not much at all are revealed.
I don't remember exact lines, since it's been 4 years since I played the game..
but I had the save files still on my PC, so I reinstalled the game just now
Here's how it goes. A lot more depth about Karura than the anime could cover.

Spoiler for Karura's lines:

Last edited by aohige; 2006-08-10 at 17:54.
Old 2006-08-10, 05:42   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Thats so romantic XD
Old 2006-08-10, 06:45   Link #40
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:

thanks for the infos
I wanted more information on the history between Karura and Suonkasu not the "breaking part" lol
Closed Thread