AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-02-19, 03:24   Link #41
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
So, what did Azi and Apophis do? Will be useful info to refresh my mind. I really need to re read the last couple volumes...
Read the novel.
Stop being lazy

Kidding

They seem to have control over Trihexa
As the ending of the V20 says the fate of the world is in their hands now
Old 2016-02-19, 05:34   Link #42
Chichiryuushintei

Azi and Apophis took over Qlippoth after Riz was killed. They themselves did nothing of importance really. Riz had done all the work beforehand.
Old 2016-02-19, 08:16   Link #43
RED IV

this entire volume sounds like the definition of the word action
RED IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 08:41   Link #44
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yes action, no ecchi. Soo sad....I miss ecchi dxd...
Old 2016-02-19, 08:46   Link #45
eisai_haramasukoi

Quote:
So, what did Azi and Apophis do? Will be useful info to refresh my mind. I really need to re read the last couple volumes...
Some renegade spec-ops guys stole a weaponized super nuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
This is DxD. The ecchi here is unpredictable.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 08:59   Link #46
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
The ecchi'ness was shelved for a slightly more serious plot and so the fans won't become too agitated with the constant cockblocking that had no good reason behind it.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 09:32   Link #47
Chichiryuushintei

I don't care about the cockblocking. I'd rather pay attention to other aspects of a story than a fictional character's sex life. The ecchi in DxD was always good IMO because they always showed enough to be a good ecchi scene but never entered pseudo-hentai areas.

And if we count Ise's perverted antics during battle, it also helps to set the "Yes, this is THAT kind of series" mood that made it so charming in the first place.

And let's be honest, comedy is somethinng that this series basically depends to work.

Well, this discussion is worthless anyay, according to someone in the After v20 Thread (I think it was B214 who said it), in the 5th Arc Ishi will go back to the ecchi feel of the first 3 arcs.
Old 2016-02-19, 09:51   Link #48
Hakai

More than the ecchi scenes I'm looking forward to the romantic moments of the last arc.
Hopefully with girls other than Rias and Asia as well

Last edited by Hakai; 2016-02-19 at 10:08.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 11:05   Link #49
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Read the novel.
Stop being lazy

Kidding

They seem to have control over Trihexa
As the ending of the V20 says the fate of the world is in their hands now
I kinda remember that, I meant more like, do they have a personal grudge against them(like Azi to Vali and Apophis to Issei)? or it actually would not matter if they fought a different adversary?
Old 2016-02-19, 11:11   Link #50
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
I kinda remember that, I meant more like, do they have a personal grudge against them(like Azi to Vali and Apophis to Issei)? or it actually would not matter if they fought a different adversary?
Vali and his team had fought Azi before (during the Vampire Civil War, Vol. 16 IIRC) and he was losing before being interrupted by Qlippoth. Vali wants a rematch.

Dunno about Ise vs Apophis (or Apep, if you prefer) since AFAIK they never actually meet before Vol. 20.
Old 2016-02-19, 12:00   Link #51
Chichiryuushintei

Apophis and Azi had never even appeared before v20. Azi fought the Vali Team in v16, but that's it. It was also mentioned that Apophis made a deal with Hades, but he doesn't have done anythng against Ise personnally.
Old 2016-02-19, 18:32   Link #52
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Good points of view, I think that Highschool dxd is very criticized by the side of the Ecchi because they always regard this anime as "a anime that only teaches breasts". Knowing that the truth is another since its history is very good to be an anime that is not classified as "Shonen" since it has a history very deep as admirable to see us readers in my opinion DxD with its Ecchi "a unique anime" makes it look compared To Love Ru already that this what abounds are Ecchi unnecessary (will not challenge me not hate this anime is only the truth is my opinion I don't judge)

While the theme of Apophis and Azi Dahaka only hope that vali were faced with Azi since if it kills the together with what remains of the khaos bridage fall, this to my excited of seeing already that will be very interesting this fight and its outcome.

I doubt the deathflag of ophis

Last edited by beast 666; 2016-02-19 at 19:01.
beast 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 18:54   Link #53
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@DOmus: Yeah, like others have said, Azi-Dahaka and Apophis themselves haven't done anything to Ise directly. Azi-Dahaka and Vali just have a score to settle and I guess Apophis is interested in fighting the Sekiryuutei.

As for the ecchi-ness, I do like it. But I'd also be glad if the editor and publisher changed their stance on the sex, as it currently seems they aren't even allowing any implied sex (i.e. a situation where it happens off-screen and Ishi just implies that it happened). Right now, the only thing setting my mind at ease even a bit about that is EX.

Anyway, I'm glad that the quotes for Volume 21 are out now. And like most of you guys are saying, I, too, am very doubtful about the deathflag on Ophis amounting to anything. But rather than dying, she could also be fusing with Lilith to become Complete Ophis again. Meaning she'll always be with Ise as her complete self. Either or she'll really die, by sacrificing herself, but a part of her will still remain in Ise because he has DxD mode.

I'm looking forward to the Vali vs. Azi-Dahaka and Ise vs. Apophis fights, especially.

It's also good, though, Lavinia is appearing in the DxD-verse now. I really liked her in Slash/Dog.

And from the looks of it, it also seems like Rose might manage to finish developing her sealing spell in Volume 21. Hopefully it works. If not, it should at least weaken the Beast.

As for how it's saying that the Two Heavenly Dragons' views will change, I hope Ise still at least remains a perverted guy that cares a lot for his loved ones. That is the core thing about this personality that shouldn't change, ever.
Old 2016-02-19, 20:05   Link #54
Chichiryuushintei

Uh, isn't Slash/Dog set in the DxD-verse? I mean, it's just a prequel, right?
Old 2016-02-19, 20:17   Link #55
n0m@n
C-Z

Well, Slash Dog isnt actually a prequel of DxD according to Ishibumi.
1. It is set in the same world as DxD.
2. It takes place few years before DxD.
3. Characters that appears on Slash/Dog will appear on DxD, and vice-versa.
But Ishibumi stated that its still a seperate series from DxD (even with all the three points above).
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 20:26   Link #56
Chichiryuushintei

That is basically the definition of a prequel. '-' Ishibumi is nuts.
Old 2016-02-19, 20:36   Link #57
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

There are rumors will Slash/Dog shall have a v2 according ichiei on Twitter
Old 2016-02-19, 20:38   Link #58
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Chichi: Yeah, he's nuts. That really is the very definition of a prequel.

When I said that in my previous, I just meant that Lavinia will finally appear in the main series. Main story part of the DxD-verse, I guess?

Edit: One post late.
Old 2016-02-20, 00:19   Link #59
Hakai

I'm a bit surprised though, with Azi and Apophis being stronger than Rizevim
Even if he was the weakest one, he still was a Super Devil

Apophis saying Crimson mode is not going to cut it and Ise needs DxD to defeat him makes me think we're going to see some upgrades on the Crimson Queen

I really hope he doesn't use DxD next volume, at least against Apophis because
1:The more casually he uses it, the more nerf it's going to get
2:It wouldn't feel right after making the backlash of using this mode such a big deal.... Unless Ophis decides to sacrifice herself or some shit to give him a stable DxD(pls no, Ishi :/ )
Old 2016-02-20, 00:31   Link #60
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
I'm a bit surprised though, with Azi and Apophis being stronger than Rizevim
Even if he was the weakest one, he still was a Super Devil

Apophis saying Crimson mode is not going to cut it and Ise needs DxD to defeat him makes me think we're going to see some upgrades on the Crimson Queen

I really hope he doesn't use DxD next volume, at least against Apophis because
1:The more casually he uses it, the more nerf it's going to get
2:It wouldn't feel right after making the backlash of using this mode such a big deal.... Unless Ophis decides to sacrifice herself or some shit to give him a stable DxD(pls no, Ishi :/ )
Super Devil is basically just a ranking for a Devil above "Maou" level at this point. We knew Apophis and Azi Dahaka were top tier among the Evil Dragons already, and they probably got modified by the Grail at some point too, so it's not surprising to me really.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote