Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 07:53   Link #1781
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The only magic you have to do is a simple spell to get in that the npc at the door will teach you, and a couple of the baseline spells you start the game with 1-2 times to solve puzzles. If you don't have enough magicka to cast the entry spell (I didn't), wear a piece of gear that adds to your magicka temporarily. I completed the entire chain as a pure warrior who had never cast a single spell besides healing up to that point. It's actually kind of disappointing how little magic you have to know to be a member of the prestigious mage college.
Spoiler for WInterhold Storyline:

Yeah I think you need 120 MP to Conjure Fire Antronach. Then there's ward spells that they give you. There's quite a bit of a storyline with the College of Winterhold so it's worth going to.

I am really depressed we can't see old Winterhold (Maybe use The Elder Scrolls?). It's such a depressing place now.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 07:54   Link #1782
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That would be because you used an un-upgraded mace and did not put in the right perks or weapon skill increasaes. The major difference is that Fists do NOT benefit from smithing bonuses or multiple perk bonuses. But if you haven't done anything to make your weapons stronger in this game, then your heavy weapon damage would still stay at baseline even if it says "level 33". I had assumed you actually tried to invest in heavy weapons.

I mean, you can get to level 33 without investing in any attack skill. It's silly of course, but you could if you want to.
my one handed and two handed skill is 30-40 something. i can kill generic human will single mace (strong) swing. i tend to use male blog and Volendrung. pretty sure that not the problem

not really big deal anyway. probably some bug that make my fist over powered

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 08:03   Link #1783
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Spoiler for WInterhold Storyline:

Yeah I think you need 120 MP to Conjure Fire Antronach. Then there's ward spells that they give you. There's quite a bit of a storyline with the College of Winterhold so it's worth going to.

I am really depressed we can't see old Winterhold (Maybe use The Elder Scrolls?). It's such a depressing place now.
Spoiler for spoiler:

I think the spell you have to cast to get in is semi-randomized from a list of spells all around a certain level. I had to cast Fear to get in and it took me 139 MP. (Coincidentally I had a helmet that gave me exactly the 39 MP needed).

I'd have liked to have seen old Winterhold too. It's also extra depressing in my game because the sad drunk npc was randomly killed by a monster/dragon/something when I wasn't paying attention and now his corpse sits on the stairs everyday for his sister to see as she walks into the bar. Oops.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 08:57   Link #1784
Aqua Knight

As far as I remember you can just shout any shout and thus prove being Dovakhin and automatically taken into college.
Old 2011-12-23, 09:56   Link #1785
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
As far as I remember you can just shout any shout and thus prove being Dovakhin and automatically taken into college.
And here is a picture of the chicken who, if harmed, will send an entire city out for your dragonborn blood.

Your argument is invalid.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 10:13   Link #1786
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

^Good one .

Quote:
You can only enter the college using shouts if you haven't gone there till the main quest sends you, since in the main quest there is at a moment when you need to go to the college, otherwise you have to use the spell given by the one in front of the college.
Old 2011-12-23, 10:49   Link #1787
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for slight guild spoilers:

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-12-23 at 13:34.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 11:33   Link #1788
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Today I played some Skyrim on a PS3 at Sony's Asia Game Show as a bad ass viking on their giant monitors (the people around me lol'ed: the helper there was trying to tell me I can equip weapons but I glad ignored his advice...).
I now understand why people use console controls to play the game.
The only problem is that the coloring and rendering of rooms are often very problematic...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 11:33   Link #1789
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for putting tags on this as I still consider it kind of a spoiler even if it has been previously mentioned here:
Spoiler for spoiler:
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:51   Link #1790
Aqua Knight

Even in Oblivion the progress to being Master in Dark B-hood, Thieves guild and Mage guild wasn't that forced. Smooth climbing up to the top.
Old 2011-12-23, 15:21   Link #1791
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for slight guild spoilers:
You are not making any sense. At no point does your new position force you do do anything you don't want to be. Feel free to walk off and never come back. And if you don't want to be in every guild, then don't JOIN every guild. You don't need to. Hell, to be the head of the Thieves Guild requires that you do 20 radiant thefts, 4 in each major city. If you don't want to be the leader then don't do the thefts.
Old 2011-12-23, 16:23   Link #1792
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I heard that a bug was introduced in the latest patch, which forces you to use magic to clear this. If you try to persuade or use shouts to enter the collage, the objective is never cleared.

And yes, I am also the leader of the mage collage, a leader that only has two points in restoration.

EDIT:

The wiki also mentions this:

Quote:
A persuasion check bypasses this test. If the player has not learned that spell, she offers to sell it to the player for 30 . You can also reveal that you are the Dragonborn instead, demonstrating a Dragon shout. Once completed, the college can be accessed at all times. However, the "Visit the College of Winterhold" miscellaneous quest (radiant quest - can be obtained from Court Wizards, Innkeepers, even Guardsmen - all across Skyrim) is bugged and as of patch 1.3, will not complete if the persuasion or Dragonborn dialogue options are used. PC users can fix this using a console command (setstage MG01Pointer 200).
Old 2011-12-23, 16:24   Link #1793
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for Thieve guild spoilers:

Spoiler for Thieve guild ending spoilers:
Old 2011-12-23, 16:25   Link #1794
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
And yes, I am also the leader of the mage collage, a leader that only has two points in restoration.
(Insert quote from Colette Marence)
Old 2011-12-25, 23:44   Link #1795
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

What patches do I need to get for this game? If I download patch 1.3, will I need to download patch 1.2 as well? Or will patch 1.3 cover that?

Also, I heard that warriors are underpowered in Skyrim. Is this true? I also heard that thieves are more powerful and easier to play as. Is this true?

Another question. I want to install the patch that allows for 4GB of RAM being used on Skyrim for PC. I found this page: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=134

It says something about backing up an exe file. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with this game. I wanted to start it tonight, but it seems like I gotta jump through some hoops before I get playing (if I want the patches I want). I read from a developer blog that this patch (1.3) is on Steam, but I can't find where to download patches for Skyrim on Steam. I ask a lot of questions, but I would appreciate all the help I can get on these questions.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-12-26 at 00:02.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:26   Link #1796
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Also, I heard that warriors are underpowered in Skyrim. Is this true? I also heard that thieves are more powerful and easier to play as. Is this true?
Swinging weapons is rather clunky. Not horrible, though, so certainly playable if you don't mind the slightly higher challenge at the get-go. As for thieves, Sneak is freaking insane.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 00:42   Link #1797
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
At higher levels melee weapons can be ridiculously overpowered through the use of upgrades because magic doesn't scale.

The difference between thieves and warriors is that the latter is much faster to play.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:15   Link #1798
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If you know what you're doing, you can create and enchant weapons that can one hit kill everything in the game.

It could be fun or not depending on what you like. You can imagine yourself as Aragorn killing everything in one skillful hit.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 02:08   Link #1799
killer3000ad

The way to play Skyrim as unarmed.
Old 2011-12-26, 02:10   Link #1800
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
What patches do I need to get for this game? If I download patch 1.3, will I need to download patch 1.2 as well? Or will patch 1.3 cover that?

Another question. I want to install the patch that allows for 4GB of RAM being used on Skyrim for PC. I found this page: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=134

It says something about backing up an exe file. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do with this game. I wanted to start it tonight, but it seems like I gotta jump through some hoops before I get playing (if I want the patches I want). I read from a developer blog that this patch (1.3) is on Steam, but I can't find where to download patches for Skyrim on Steam. I ask a lot of questions, but I would appreciate all the help I can get on these questions.
Steam *should* keep your game updated automatically... there's literally nothing to download because Steam is keeping all your games up to date in background (if you leave it running).

edit: Also, you don't need the 4GB patch, the latest version of Skyrim has accounted for it, so the mod is unneeded. I suggest you go to Skyrim Nexus website, create an account, and use the Mod Manager tool to handle mods. It makes mod management a snap.

I've not tried a straight warrior, so can't answer that one. Its hard *not* to be a bit thief-ish because the world is awash in locked chests and doors that need picking (unless you manage to grab a Skeleton Key).

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-12-26 at 03:08.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim