AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 01:14   Link #301
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

I've watched the 23 episodes at least five times now. Even now, I still claim "Don't give up on her!" whenever the drama club asks Tomoya to lower the curtain. I just love the ending so much, but this talk of After Story is so exciting! I'm really glad that everyone here has been keeping it spoiler-free. I don't know what to expect at all. There are crazy theories in my head about how its going to end, and I'm also thinking that some of you guys are just teasing with the "its so sad..." when the reality is that the ending is a happy relief. I would do that myself if I knew the ending but wanted to make sure it wasn't spoiled. The After Story images, from the image thread, of Nagisa, Tomoya, and their daughter also throw anyone in a loop because sometimes you'll see Tomoya, friends, and daughter, without Nagisa. Then other times you'll see Nagisa and daughter alone as if Tomoya has been long missing.

If I remember correctly, KyoAni didn't do any special ending music for Kanon or AIR, so they might not do that for CLANNAD, right? Its disappointing because I feel that a special-final-ending song for the last episode would allow me some time to think of the series differently, immediately. As much as I love Dango Daikazoku, I don't truly "listen" to it anymore after an episode is over. If it's that song I'm just going to fast forward through it to see if there is a special message after it. Ending with a different song and showing highlights of the series behind the credits is like the ending of a fine movie. Lets hope for the best.
OmegaPhlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 01:35   Link #302
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Being one of the patient few who still hasn't been through the VN yet (i.e. still waiting for the guys over at Bakatsuki to complete their work), I'm also looking forward to seeing what the after story has in store for us!
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 10:32   Link #303
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
If I remember correctly, KyoAni didn't do any special ending music for Kanon or AIR, so they might not do that for CLANNAD, right?
Well, one might argue that for AIR it was Aozora, even though it wasn't exactly at the end, it still conveyed the message of "everything is over"
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:38   Link #304
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPhlare View Post
I've watched the 23 episodes at least five times now. Even now, I still claim "Don't give up on her!" whenever the drama club asks Tomoya to lower the curtain. I just love the ending so much, but this talk of After Story is so exciting! I'm really glad that everyone here has been keeping it spoiler-free. I don't know what to expect at all. There are crazy theories in my head about how its going to end, and I'm also thinking that some of you guys are just teasing with the "its so sad..." when the reality is that the ending is a happy relief. I would do that myself if I knew the ending but wanted to make sure it wasn't spoiled. The After Story images, from the image thread, of Nagisa, Tomoya, and their daughter also throw anyone in a loop because sometimes you'll see Tomoya, friends, and daughter, without Nagisa. Then other times you'll see Nagisa and daughter alone as if Tomoya has been long missing.

If I remember correctly, KyoAni didn't do any special ending music for Kanon or AIR, so they might not do that for CLANNAD, right? Its disappointing because I feel that a special-final-ending song for the last episode would allow me some time to think of the series differently, immediately. As much as I love Dango Daikazoku, I don't truly "listen" to it anymore after an episode is over. If it's that song I'm just going to fast forward through it to see if there is a special message after it. Ending with a different song and showing highlights of the series behind the credits is like the ending of a fine movie. Lets hope for the best.
That is good you don't know what will happen ^-^ Will give it a better emotional impact. Stay clear of the game thread and spoiler tags too

For the Tomoyo episode 24 they ended it with Ana. So maybe they will do something different. Even for Haruhi and Lucky Star they made it end differently! Come on Kyo-ani >.< pwease?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 12:00   Link #305
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
For the Tomoyo episode 24 they ended it with Ana. So maybe they will do something different. Even for Haruhi and Lucky Star they made it end differently! Come on Kyo-ani >.< pwease?
Well, the last "proper" episode was really episode 22, (Episode 23 being a useless yet highly enjoyable filler and "episode 24" being set in an alternate universe) but they did have Kage Futatsu playing in the final scene... Followed by Dango Daikazoku, which kinda ruined the mood, just like what Tomoya said happened at the end of the play .
Really though, they do seem to do SOMETHING special for the last episodes of all their shows, (Lucky Star had the extended dance-scene, Haruhi had a longer version of Bouken Desho Desho?, Air had Aozora, Clannad had Kage Futatsu, FMP TSR had the last episode being like, 7 minutes longer than the rest, don't know about Kanon though, haven't seen it yet) so they'll propably do something at the end of Clannad AS too... Hopefully they'll play Chiisana Te no Hira, as I love that song.
Old 2008-08-15, 13:01   Link #306
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Really though, they do seem to do SOMETHING special for the last episodes of all their shows, (Lucky Star had the extended dance-scene, Haruhi had a longer version of Bouken Desho Desho?, Air had Aozora, Clannad had Kage Futatsu, FMP TSR had the last episode being like, 7 minutes longer than the rest, don't know about Kanon though, haven't seen it yet) so they'll propably do something at the end of Clannad AS too... Hopefully they'll play Chiisana Te no Hira, as I love that song.
They've already set a precedent with Kage Futatsu. No reason to believe why they won't continue with Chiisana Tenohira.

Also, the crux of what they're trying probably is to recreate the entire feel of the visual novel as far as possible. If it just so happens that the anime end wasn't as breathtaking as people want it to be, it has to be because it's being loyal to the game content. That's all.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 23:56   Link #307
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

So.... any news from AnimeFesta yet?

EDIT: Whoops... it only just got started! Jumping the gun a bit I guess...
Old 2008-08-16, 00:05   Link #308
Ottocycle

It started for about..an hour? I'm loving the guest list as well.

Nakamura Yuuichi was added as a last minute guest. Nakahara Mai was already in for some time. Now if Inoue, Okiayu, Midorikawa, Koorogi and Kawakami come in...

If there is a god, please allow at least the last two to join in!
Old 2008-08-16, 00:15   Link #309
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Some news on AnimeFesta i think...
A new poster for AS:
Spoiler:

-First EP of AS aired on AnimeFesta.
-First vol of DVD will be on sale at the end of this year.
Note that these new isn't conformed yet>_<
Old 2008-08-16, 00:20   Link #310
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wow they aired the first episode of AS? Methinks someone will eventually rip that from the Festa and post it in the internet.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 00:49   Link #311
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wow they aired the first episode of AS? Methinks someone will eventually rip that from the Festa and post it in the internet.
We didn't get that last year, but we did get a cam video of the Dango Daikazoku ending.

Just waiting for confirmation on any news at all... Come on inside-Japan-members! You can do it!
Old 2008-08-16, 06:51   Link #312
izanagi

I went to AnimeFesta.

clannad AS news
・It starts on October 2 this year.
・24(23?)episodes
・First EP of AS aired on

Last edited by izanagi; 2008-08-16 at 07:06.
izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 06:54   Link #313
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by izanagi View Post
I went to AnimeFesta.

clannad AS news
・It starts on October 2 this year.
・24(23?)epispdes
・First EP of AS aired on
Ample room for development! A good start on the right track.

I hope they leave some room for some School Life stuff they missed.
Old 2008-08-16, 09:54   Link #314
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Stuff.
New OP ED by Lia.
OP 時を刻む唄
ED TORCH
Spoiler for summary?:
Old 2008-08-16, 10:06   Link #315
Ottocycle

Spoiler for translation:

Did any of the posters there know which BGM track was the OP an arrange of?

I'm personally hoping for Negai ga Kanau Basho or Harukana Toshitsuki though.

An uplifting ED...sounding good. Can't wait.

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2008-08-16 at 10:34. Reason: added op/ed
Old 2008-08-16, 10:33   Link #316
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Stuff.
New OP ED by Lia.
OP 時を刻む唄
ED TORCH
Spoiler for summary?:
So, they DID do a new opening... Then I have to wonder why they had *That character* in the opening of the first season... Ah well, as long as the songs are good, I won't complain... And if they're ANYTHING like the Air-songs, like they said there, then they propably will be. At least they got rid of the Dango-song, which I was never too fond of.
Old 2008-08-16, 10:51   Link #317
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Stuff.
New OP ED by Lia.
OP 時を刻む唄
ED TORCH
Spoiler for summary?:
Woohoo! Got my wish of a new OP and ED! And 2-cour to boot! I can hear my wallet screaming out in agony already!

Being that Air was breathtakingly beautiful, I'm hoping this will satiate my thirst for new Clannad too.
Old 2008-08-16, 11:07   Link #318
kimchipride
Geass User

So the OP and ED are not ingame music from the Clannad game?
Old 2008-08-16, 11:10   Link #319
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this point I'm just waiting for some ingenious Japanese person to sneak out a copy of the first episode so it'll eventually make it's way into teh internetz.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 11:55   Link #320
eggplant
Eggplant

Attended the TBS Anime Festa 2008 today (for the third year in a row).
Even with two breaks, sitting on your butt for six hours definitely takes its toll, but watching episode 1 of Clannad After was well worth the wait.
Prior to the interviews with the guest VAs, singer Lia was introduced to the stage.
Spoiler for OP/ED:

Guest VAs were Nakahara Mai (Nagisa), Nakamura Yuuichi (Tomoya), and Inoue Kikuko (Sanae). Asked what part of the previous series made a lasting impression on her, Mai answered "The Tomoyo Extra Episode", to which Yuuichi agreed, saying that unlike the usual episodes in which Tomoya flirts with all the girls but has to keep check of Nagisa, the Tomoyo episode was only about her. Mai voiced her hopes of playing a happy role for "AFTER".

"CLANNAD AFTER" is to premiere on Oct. 3 on TBS from 01:59 AM (or 25:59 on Oct. 2). No announcement regarding episode count was made, although I don't see any factors to refute a 24ep run.

Screening of the full version of episode 1 followed.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

All in all, "CLANNAD AFTER" is extremely promising. The artwork is typical Kyoto Animation quality, the script should satisfy even the fastidious Key visual novel fan, and most of all, the humor factor is heightened.

Today's event included the announcement of a new anime ("Tonari no 801-chan") by KyoAni, making the prospective for Haruhi distant than ever. Then again you might want to savor the comedy when you can. In any case, CLANNAD aficionados, hold your breath until October.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Last edited by eggplant; 2008-08-16 at 12:03. Reason: corrected typo
eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote