AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 20:35   Link #1
hybr1d_buddh4

ThE mask guy from Seed Destiny

could it be mwu himself except his face went wrong ...that'z y he has a mask? or is it another guy? i think it is mwu cuz of the way he talks...anyways...if it isnt...wutz dat mask guy's name?

too many masked characters in the gundam series...
hybr1d_buddh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 21:35   Link #2
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybr1d_buddh4
could it be mwu himself except his face went wrong ...that'z y he has a mask? or is it another guy? i think it is mwu cuz of the way he talks...anyways...if it isnt...wutz dat mask guy's name?

We have disscuss this to death...

And the answer is........to this point no one really knows.

So right now his name is NEO..Only NEO.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 21:55   Link #3
K'9999
Banned

Quote:

I hate to say this. This is ridiculous. Mwu is dead. Neo IS NOT Mwu. If he does, I will kill myself and you............
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 23:03   Link #4
FlyByNite

I'm setting an over/under of 200 on Neo being Mwu topics before the series is over.

and I might just have to take the over on that...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 23:08   Link #5
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
I hate to say this. This is ridiculous. Mwu is dead. Neo IS NOT Mwu. If he does, I will kill myself and you............

In the spec edition they removed his helmet that was floating in space so he very well may be alive
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 00:51   Link #6
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
In the spec edition they removed his helmet that was floating in space so he very well may be alive
Special Edition? If I don't watch, then? That is not evidence. Alright, I stop right here. So every thing based on Special Edition, not TV version, correct? Then what about the Yzak's scar IF they removed that battle; so Yzak got the scar automatically without battling Kira BECAUSE THEY REMOVED THAT BATTLE! Oh my god, give me a break. This is ridiculous. Again, I VOW THAT NEO IS NOT MWU. THIS IS ENOUGH. I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE ANY MORE. You can say that Stellar is Shinn's sister, Kira is Shinn's brother and Neo is alien. Whatever.

Last edited by K'9999; 2004-12-24 at 01:01.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:03   Link #7
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Wow another one of these threads

There's only 3 solutions.

1) He's somehow related to Mwu (clone or relative)
2) He is Mwu himself (thousands of evidence points to this)
3) He is just a Mwu wana-be just like Mia is a Lacus wana-be.

I support the "2nd" solution...firstly because of the edited out helmet in the special edition, second because Fukuda tends to let characters come back from death, thirdly because Mwu is the man that makes the impossible possible.

Also at the ending you can see Murrue (sp?) kneeling down on the floor looking at Neo's mask. I think this is some kind of hint to the audience that Neo is Mwu.

And...for the above post. Yzak's scar was removed through surgical operation...not because they erased this event in the Seed history.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:13   Link #8
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
And...for the above post. Yzak's scar was removed through surgical operation...not because they erased this event in the Seed history.
I think you misread his post. What you said is correct, but that is not what K'9999 is talking about. Essentially what he's saying is that, you can't go by everything the special edition shows. The fight where Yzak recieved his scar, Phase 11, was not included in the special edition. So to someone that has only seen the special edition, they will not know how Yzak got the scar. I can understand your confusion though.

K'9999 lay off the caps.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 02:14   Link #9
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I see, my bad.
Old 2004-12-24, 03:36   Link #10
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

My view... Grains of salt, please.

There's only 3 solutions.

1) He's somehow related to Mwu (clone or relative)
2) He is Mwu himself (thousands of evidence points to this)
3) He is just a Mwu wana-be just like Mia is a Lacus wana-be.

I support the "2nd" solution...firstly because of the edited out helmet in the special edition, second because Fukuda tends to let characters come back from death, thirdly because Mwu is the man that makes the impossible possible.

I agree that there are thousands of evidence that points to option 2....

But that is why I DON'T believe it is 2).

It is true that, had this been a real life investigation, when people research and obtain evidence, the option with the most arrows pointed to it would be the most likely.

However, did WE uncover these evidence? No, they were given to us directly through the choice of the G SEED crew. Unlike real life, the amount of red herrings that can exist in a piece of entertainment is limitted only by the nastiness of the script. No matter how improbable, for as long as it's possible under the universe in which the show is set, it can happen.

However, I am not suggesting that all three options are equally likely...

There is one factor that MUST be considered, even more important than the laws of physics. Each part of the script must serve its purpose.

The identity of Neo is meant to be a surprise, is it not? Isn't it to the best interest of the director that we don't guess who Neo is suppose to be? So why would they make it so 'obvious' that Neo could be Mu? Wouldn't it be counter-productive? What's the point of masking him, then let everyone know who he is 30 episodes before he would have unmasked himself?

In this sense, the massive amount of 'suggestions' (not evidence) that 2) is likely only decreases the likelyhood that it is the true path. Coundn't you see that they WANT you to think Mu is Neo? Please think about it...
(Speculation below)

Oh, me? I pick 1).
I believe Neo is Mu's father.
Yes, the REAL father...
No one ever said Mu's dad gave up trying to live forever after the failure that was Rau. For that matter, we never figured out where Rau was created. Sure, we know Kira's orgins, but everyone knows Mu's dad is a genetic purist (his own self) and would likely never have anything to do with coordinators.

My guess is, his lab and the lab that created the druggies are one and the same. I know that he is suppose to be dead... but then, which is more likely:
A: Surviving a direct hit from an 'Evangelion-class' battleship positron cannon, with the MS vaporised
or
B: Surviving old age, with no on-screen death scene, when he spends all his time, weath and effort to live forever? He was suppose to have died from a house fire... HOUSE-FIRE? That just reminds me of the film 'Eraser', with Arnnie S as lead: 'Smile, you are suppose to be dead', said he, as Arnnie placed the witness's watches/wallets on prepared corpses, then set the house ablaze... I Imagine using a cloned body as a double would make it even harder for investigators. They would likely have half-a-dozen failed bodies of Rau to use, floating around tanks in the lab...

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2004-12-24 at 04:19.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 03:52   Link #11
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Wasn't Al Da Flaga was killed in some fire >_> When Rau talks about his past?
Old 2004-12-24, 04:08   Link #12
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Fire? Oh, THAT fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
Wasn't Al Da Flaga was killed in some fire >_> When Rau talks about his past?
As I said, I know Al Da Flaga is suppose to be dead...
But then, so is Mu.

It would be a piece of cake for Al Da to clone a crispy corpse for the purpose of a funeral. In comparision, Mu requires a trans-government conspiracy in order to be doing what Neo does now. Al Da's background is practically a mystery, yet he was the central figure that created the Rau/Mu conflict in Seed. Remember, we never saw him die...

It would be the simplest explanation that crosses over themes from Seed to Destiny, while generating a greater level of 'surprise' that was the whole point of the mask.

It appears red herrings taste good. We will see who had the real Tuna, shall we?

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2004-12-24 at 04:20.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 05:42   Link #13
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Uh. I always thought Neo is kind of like Quattro from Z gundam.

Quattro very obviously is Char
Neo very obviously is Mwu

But of course i could be wrong.
Old 2004-12-24, 05:53   Link #14
EpyonEmerald

Plz Let It Be Mwu Let It Be Mwu!!!

Omg Plz!

Mwu We Love Juu!!!
EpyonEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 15:37   Link #15
hybr1d_buddh4

ok...so his name is Neo Lorrnoke .... it wasnt mentioned in the anime i dun think.... i guess in the manga?

another retard in a mask...lets see...

Enemy characters with masks:
Char Aznable (MSG)
Kycilia Zabi (MSG)
Haman Karn (ZZ, wore a mask that doesn't cover anything up though...)
Carozzo Ronah aka Iron Mask (F91... His name gives away his looks)
Cronical Asher (Victory)
Schwarz Bruder (G, not an enemy but still a rival Gundam fighter)
Ulube Ishikawa (G, wore half a mask)
Zechs Merquise (Wing)
Rau Le Creuset (Seed)
Neo Lorrnoke (Seed Destiny)

And along with enemy characters with mask we have the good guys disguising themselves with shades... Those are:
Quattro Bajina (Zeta)
Jamil Neate (X)
Harry Ord (Turn A)
Athrun Zala/whatever he calls himself (Seed Destiny)
hybr1d_buddh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 16:05   Link #16
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
Special Edition? If I don't watch, then? That is not evidence. Alright, I stop right here. So every thing based on Special Edition, not TV version, correct? Then what about the Yzak's scar IF they removed that battle; so Yzak got the scar automatically without battling Kira BECAUSE THEY REMOVED THAT BATTLE! Oh my god, give me a break. This is ridiculous. Again, I VOW THAT NEO IS NOT MWU. THIS IS ENOUGH. I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE ANY MORE. You can say that Stellar is Shinn's sister, Kira is Shinn's brother and Neo is alien. Whatever.
well, it all depends on what Sunrise wants to declare canon, it's like the original Gundam TV series and the Gundam movie trilogy, and I think they declared the Gundam movies canon, so anything in the TV series contradicting the movies, take the one in the movies as the canon one. I'm not sure whether SEED Special is canon over the TV series... but anyway it won't surprise me if Sunrise declares the Special as canon and puts Mwu back based on that (albeit I highly doubt it)
Quote:
It's all because of Char, and Char is still the most popular character of all Gundam series
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 16:51   Link #17
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
[I]Oh, me? I pick 1).
I believe Neo is Mu's father.
Yes, the REAL father...
Nope, that man died in a fire.

Quote:
No one ever said Mu's dad gave up trying to live forever after the failure that was Rau.
You're right, Prayer Reverie was also a clone of Al Da Flaga. Prayer was allowed to mature naturally without the attempted accelerated aging that Rau was made with. Prayer died at 15 due to a defect in his DNA. It's possible that Rey Za Burrel is another clone of Al Da Flaga.

Quote:
For that matter, we never figured out where Rau was created.
Yes, we do. Rau was created by Ulen Hibiki in the Garm R & D Facility at Mendel Colony in the L4 region in C.E. 46.

Quote:
Sure, we know Kira's orgins, but everyone knows Mu's dad is a genetic purist (his own self) and would likely never have anything to do with coordinators.
Well, Al Da Flaga said he wanted a perfect heir, so he may have wanted himself remade as a coordinator. However, the fact remains that Rau's genetic classification is unknown.

Quote:
My guess is, his lab and the lab that created the druggies are one and the same.
The living CPU project [I hate the "druggie" designation] is a separate entity and has nothing to do with Ulen Hibiki since Hibiki was killed when Mendel Colony has attacked. However, if you have some evidence you would like to submit proving your assertion or at least a reasonable argument, I'd be glad to hear it.

Quote:
I know that he is suppose to be dead... but then, which is more likely:
A: Surviving a direct hit from an 'Evangelion-class' battleship positron cannon, with the MS vaporised
If GENESIS's magnetic field can hold off a positron blast with no damage, an anti beam treated shield can plausibly withstand for a limited amount of time, but not as long.

Quote:
B: Surviving old age, with no on-screen death scene, when he spends all his time, weath and effort to live forever?
This is a weak argument considering that Al Da Flaga has near zero screen time. he's barely a character involved in the narrative. So to say that he is not dead because he death isn't shown is essentially saying that no one died at Junius & because we don't see them die on screen. Simply put, your logic is flawed.

Quote:
He was suppose to have died from a house fire... HOUSE-FIRE? That just reminds me of the film 'Eraser', with Arnnie S as lead: 'Smile, you are suppose to be dead', said he, as Arnnie placed the witness's watches/wallets on prepared corpses, then set the house ablaze... I Imagine using a cloned body as a double would make it even harder for investigators. They would likely have half-a-dozen failed bodies of Rau to use, floating around tanks in the lab...
Cloning is not an easy process. As you can see, the accelerated aging of clones does not work very well. The odds that Flaga created a clone long enough ago that it could reach his age when the fire took place is physically impossible by the standards on CE.

Quote:
Have a nice day.
Same to you.

Quote:
It would be a piece of cake for Al Da to clone a crispy corpse for the purpose of a funeral
See above response, clones have to mature in real time, period. Even Rau took years to mature. A full grown clone cannot be made in an afternoon.

Quote:
Remember, we never saw him die...
Never saw Lenore Zala die either, may she's Mia Campbell.....
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 17:14   Link #18
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
If GENESIS's magnetic field can hold off a positron blast with no damage, an anti beam treated shield can plausibly withstand for a limited amount of time, but not as long.
nah, nothing physical can withstand positron blast. elecromagnetic field, possible, but not any physical existence that contains electrons. unless anti-beam coating doesn't contain any electrons...

I'd still say it's Mwu's NT psychic power that stops the positron blast...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 18:05   Link #19
Blaat

You know I'm hoping that the mystery is solved quickly (hopefully around episode 20 doubtful though) knowing the director he wants to keep it a surprise until episode 40 :P
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 18:09   Link #20
EpyonEmerald

So I think I am a pro accept for the fact I dont know who Char is, I know there is a movie chars counter attack,

So I have my debit card now and I am ready to buy some DVDs, can I get away with just watching the movie or should I buy the series? and if so what are the series name ect?
EpyonEmerald is offline   Reply With Quote