AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 07:32   Link #4461
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
um..... could Lucy's love for celestial spirits move Capricorn into becoming her celestial spirit?!
No, because that card was played with Gemini. He should mention it though, even if he somehow twists it to the primal darkness that Hades loves to talk about.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:16   Link #4462
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
No, because that card was played with Gemini. He should mention it though, even if he somehow twists it to the primal darkness that Hades loves to talk about.
Agree with that.

Caprico doesn't seem to have a master, and according to Loke, a spirit can only remain in the real world for so long on their own. I'm guessing Caprico likes it this way, not having a master, so he won't have any interest in Lucy as a master. He might be getting magic from the source in order to remain in the human world.

I'm guessing Loke/Lucy will fight him and prove the superiority of the master/spirit combination.

Loke: "We beat you, not because we are strong, but because the bond between Lucy and I is strong. Spirits weren't meant to be on their own in the human world; I know and understand that probably better than you do. But you don't have to take my word for it." (Loke holds out his hand) "Join us, and find out for yourself."

Caprico: (looks at it, then takes it) "Very well, I shall see what makes Lucy so special."

There might need to be some spirit king interceding like with Loke, though. Or Caprico might need to go back and face some punishment. But yeah, I'm betting Caprico tries to tempt Loke (and her other spirits) away from Lucy.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:23   Link #4463
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Agree with that.

Caprico doesn't seem to have a master, and according to Loke, a spirit can only remain in the real world for so long on their own. I'm guessing Caprico likes it this way, not having a master, so he won't have any interest in Lucy as a master. He might be getting magic from the source in order to remain in the human world.

I'm guessing Loke/Lucy will fight him and prove the superiority of the master/spirit combination.

Loke: "We beat you, not because we are strong, but because the bond between Lucy and I is strong. Spirits weren't meant to be on their own in the human world; I know and understand that probably better than you do. But you don't have to take my word for it." (Loke holds out his hand) "Join us, and find out for yourself."

Caprico: (looks at it, then takes it) "Very well, I shall see what makes Lucy so special."

There might need to be some spirit king interceding like with Loke, though. Or Caprico might need to go back and face some punishment. But yeah, I'm betting Caprico tries to tempt Loke (and her other spirits) away from Lucy.
actually Lokie will probably say something about Tru Love between Him and Lucy over coming all. And Caprico will give them his congratulations on their relationship.
Old 2011-01-11, 14:10   Link #4464
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
actually Lokie will probably say something about Tru Love between Him and Lucy over coming all. And Caprico will give them his congratulations on their relationship.
lol I'm actually hoping we get more of Loki's "lovely dovey" side again, I thought it was pretty funny last time

The way this arc has been going it would seem most of the fights if not all would be pretty serious in nature but I think Lucy having a very comedic fight would be great.

Or seeing Gray and Kana try some clumsy teamwork later

yea I'm still holding on to my Gray X Harem
Old 2011-01-11, 22:28   Link #4465
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That page where that Grimoire heart guy burned his allies is a bit creepy if you ask me
Seriously, this arc is just like Rave when Haru got beaten up pretty badly when he first met Oracion seis.... I wonder if there'll be a training arc after all this is over o.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 11:38   Link #4466
Kafriel
Senior Guest

FT has no training arcs, it's one of the perks of this manga
Old 2011-01-12, 12:27   Link #4467
Kaijo
Banned

Yup. No training arcs, and no "Oh hey, I got this instant super power up in combat! Now I can go SSJ3/Gear Second and kick some ass!" In fact, the only powerups gained in combat were the spell Lucy got, but even that was a one-time use thing and made sense given Hibiki's magic. Natsu powers up by eating flame, but that doesn't make him reach new levels. And he did eat Etherion, but that had downsides.

As I've said before, in Fairy Tail, the fights serve the needs of the plot. In other shounen manga, the plot serves the needs of the fights. A very subtle, but important difference.
Old 2011-01-12, 12:43   Link #4468
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Natsu powers up by eating flame, but that doesn't make him reach new levels. And he did eat Etherion, but that had downsides.
What about when Natsu ate the "Flame of Rebuke" and went full-on Super Saiyan against Zero with no downsides whatsoever?
Old 2011-01-12, 13:03   Link #4469
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
What about when Natsu ate the "Flame of Rebuke" and went full-on Super Saiyan against Zero with no downsides whatsoever?
Way I see that is it's just a 1 off thing, unless Natsu can get his hands on it everytime he fights then yes we can put that down as a typical cliche shounen power up.
But he can't always get his hands on it, no denying it was typical shounen power up at the time but it being a 1 off thing so far, I'm fine with it.

Will we see some sorta power up now, who knows, DS may have some sorta forbidden magic themselves but I kinda doubt that.
Old 2011-01-12, 18:07   Link #4470
Kaijo
Banned

Yeah, one-off things I don't mind. It's the lasting instant ass-pull powerups that destroy the story. Because then you get power creep. Goku/Luffy went SSJ/Gear Second against the last baddie, so the new baddie needs to be even stronger than that. Especially since, when the main hero pulls out a power up, all the allies and enemies have to duplicate that to stand on an even footing again (witness all Goku's Saiyan friends pulling out SSJ status right after).

That quickly gets into ridiculous territory.

That's why I like FT's more subtle way of doing it. Natsu is probably a bit stronger since the start and knows a couple more moves, but none of the ass-pulling. Real strength takes time to build, and builds slowly; you don't become twice as strong in a few months.

I also like that everyone has their varying strengths, and all are useful in each story arc; and it doesn't matter if they are the strongest or not. Each of them generally faces down a foe or two, and emerges triumphant, using the abilities they had going in and not what they suddenly picked up during the fight.
Old 2011-01-12, 18:30   Link #4471
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That's why I like FT's more subtle way of doing it. Natsu is probably a bit stronger since the start and knows a couple more moves, but none of the ass-pulling. Real strength takes time to build, and builds slowly; you don't become twice as strong in a few months.
Except for Lucy who's, like, tripled her number of Gold Keys since the story started. The advantage of drawing your power from external objects, I guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:04   Link #4472
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except for Lucy who's, like, tripled her number of Gold Keys since the story started. The advantage of drawing your power from external objects, I guess.
Actually, that would be pretty similar to Natsu as well. Like him, she's gotten new options for combat, but none of them is overpowering by itself. And like him, her magic has grown subtly throughout, to where she can put out more than one spirit, or go through multiple spirits before running out of magic.
Old 2011-01-13, 02:14   Link #4473
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No matter how many keys she has though, she can't summon them all at once without exhausting herself, dual summon is as far as she can currently go (which is still good).
Quote:
Where did Jellal find that anyway? Golden flames should be kinda rare...
Old 2011-01-13, 08:46   Link #4474
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Where did Jellal find that anyway? Golden flames should be kinda rare...
What I found interesting about it is that Zero said Natsu would be taking all of Jellal's sins upon himself if he ate it.
Old 2011-01-14, 00:43   Link #4475
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
What I found interesting about it is that Zero said Natsu would be taking all of Jellal's sins upon himself if he ate it.
It's just a metaphor, I think.

Metaphor for Natsu receiving 'help' from someone 'evil' like Jellal.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 09:34   Link #4476
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, what is called 'God' sure got dropped down several notches in this latest chapter.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 10:37   Link #4477
seiftis
~defying fate

They way Makarov talks so much here makes it seem like he won't die.
Old 2011-01-15, 12:23   Link #4478
thedonkiluminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
They way Makarov talks so much here makes it seem like he won't die.
I think he'll live long enough to give a corny speech in front of everyone and then die, hence the tears charlie saw in her vision.
Old 2011-01-15, 12:24   Link #4479
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkiluminati View Post
I think he'll live long enough to give a corny speech in front of everyone and then die, hence the tears charlie saw in her vision.
Yeah, we're still waiting on that one aren't we? Of course, it could be a red herring and not happen at all during this arc.

And what about Zeref's tears? Wasn't he crying too?
Old 2011-01-15, 13:24   Link #4480
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Hoping this will happen next chapter.

Spoiler for pic:

Truly doubt it though.

Sorry, if you disagree but IMHO the plot needs to move away from Natsu saving the day with another Nakama Punch. I want a dark arc with a Fairy Tail loss.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen