AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-20, 13:15   Link #301
Sciel
Etoilé

Anyone on Siel server Elyos side? I'm playing a sin now named Yandere (xD) and shes about 33 after playing for about a week.

Game is fairly fun . Quests are a bit on the downside TBH after about 20 or so . The rewards for some of the quests just aren't good enough to justify the effort it takes to complete them. Example are some of the Eracus Temple Quests , hard as heck to find groups for them on my server , mobs give crap exp and some of the quests there take ages to complete (black stone quest) .

--

PS: The aion future trailer looks awesome but i personally think implementing such graphics would alienate a lot of players with lower end rigs . Also i don't think they need something of that sort right now , maybe a texture pack to fix some of the very crappy textures .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 23:56   Link #302
Gadlyke

Lol, I thought there isnt an AION thread here, thinking that im just the only one here playing it ^_^

Im currently Playing Private server due to lack of budget on my montly bill in retail..

so Anyone here i can talk about aion and some stuff ^_^
Gadlyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 19:58   Link #303
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

I'm on a private server as well, InfiniteAion to be exact. I don't really get why I keep on playing this game lol. I've spent a LOT of time on it...

Elyos - 44 chanter, 51 templar. But they were boring and I got sick of the elyos maps (it's all desert -__- )

then I switched to asmodians and made my goal to get the complete lvl 30 Daeva set. So I now have 4 lvl 30's and my main, a sorc, is lvl 48.

But now I'm getting bored again so I might stay away from it for a while...
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 20:08   Link #304
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melee428 View Post
I'm on a private server as well, InfiniteAion to be exact. I don't really get why I keep on playing this game lol. I've spent a LOT of time on it...

Elyos - 44 chanter, 51 templar. But they were boring and I got sick of the elyos maps (it's all desert -__- )

then I switched to asmodians and made my goal to get the complete lvl 30 Daeva set. So I now have 4 lvl 30's and my main, a sorc, is lvl 48.

But now I'm getting bored again so I might stay away from it for a while...
That's a good decision. Run away and never look back!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 13:47   Link #305
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Aion just became "truly free to play" as of today, April 11th. This mean you can download the game for free and play it for free, old accounts are now reactivated. The game also got a huge 4GB update to 3.0, titled Aion: Ascension, which added a new level cap to level 60, new zones, new raids, new pvp areas, and a big overhaul to game play and questing in general.

I have been playing it for about a month now, I was playing on a free trial account, and let me tell you the game is worth it (I am currently a level 49 gladiator). It can get truly hardcore at times with quest and mob difficulty but all in all it is a fun experience, specially when you don't have to pay penny for it.

More info here:

Old 2012-04-11, 20:02   Link #306
Xion Valkyrie

I played a bit since they went F2P. The game is okay, although the new content update is pretty cool.

Even though they've fixed the level grind they really haven't addressed the gear grind, which is probably worse than it's ever been.

Trying to get geared at 50+ means either getting lucky on RnG or grinding months of your life away. The only good thing is that Miragents/Fenris is easier to obtain now with the quest changes as well as the cheap mats for the craft. However, it's still a 30% proc chance, so if you're super unlucky you could be stuck failing 10+ times before succeeding. Realistically it'll take a week to get though (assuming you can get 2-3 mil Kinah a day).

However, the gear is pretty much the bare minimum for 50+ content. You'll still be vastly outclassed by people wearing PvP gear and 55 eternals.
Old 2012-04-11, 20:10   Link #307
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Has anyone leveled in the Elyos desert region in Eltnen? I don't play Aion anymore, but the questing in that desert is pretty brain-dead. Which can be very tiresome. Or did they revamp the entire low level areas? I only got into Aion thanks to Sofiel. So I got a little into the Elyos zones thanks to her.
Old 2012-04-11, 20:13   Link #308
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
What do people see in Aion? Or almost 99% of the MMO's out there, including WoW? Graphics aside (in wow's case), the battle system is truly boring. How can it be fun playing a mmo that requires absolutely no skill. All you have to do is click on an enemy, and then use skills with your 1-9 or mouse. Of course some may claim that using skills in right order requires skill but .. really?

With that said, I invite everyone to play TERA once it comes out. Stunning graphics and combat system where skill matters. I'm surprised it doesn't have a thread on it at AS especially since because of one of the classes..
Old 2012-04-11, 20:23   Link #309
judasmartel
*Author

If it's an action game, though, expect A LOT of retarded people in PvE and A LOT of cheese from both the Scrubs and the SHFGs in PvP.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 22:16   Link #310
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I just started playing a month ago, as an elyos glad, and i already am level 49. I have done almost all quests in the game and so far i have had lots of fun. Yes the game can get a little grindy, but the combat system is fun, i love the chain skills as well as the reactive skills that my class has. Combat and pvp are never dull in my opinion.

Leveling feels like an accomplishment, because you are rewarded with gear, potions, and scroll at every level.

I could go on and on, i guess i wasnt there when the game first launched, but so far i am liking most of what i have been seening. Just try it, it is free after all and you got nothing to lose.
Old 2012-04-11, 22:48   Link #311
Xacual

The game has gotten a lot better than when it first came out. The whole mails after leveling with gear and stuff was started later on.

I'm messing around with my old account since the game is free to play now, not too much time spent but it's a decent time waster.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 23:25   Link #312
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What do people see in Aion? Or almost 99% of the MMO's out there, including WoW? Graphics aside (in wow's case), the battle system is truly boring. How can it be fun playing a mmo that requires absolutely no skill. All you have to do is click on an enemy, and then use skills with your 1-9 or mouse. Of course some may claim that using skills in right order requires skill but .. really?

With that said, I invite everyone to play TERA once it comes out. Stunning graphics and combat system where skill matters. I'm surprised it doesn't have a thread on it at AS especially since because of one of the classes..
Well, it's free, and there's a decent amount of content now. I wouldn't pay $15 a month for it but it's probably better than most other MMO's out right now (aside from the big hitters like WoW and EVE).

Oh and we definitely should have a TERA thread. Somebody go make one!

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-04-12 at 01:03.
Old 2012-04-11, 23:55   Link #313
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I just had to post an image of my character here

In terms of eye candy and beautiful character/armor models this game has no equal. (Until GW2 comes out that is)

Spoiler:

It seems like the graphics got updated a bit with 3.0.
Old 2012-04-12, 00:15   Link #314
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I just had to post an image of my character here

In terms of eye candy and beautiful character/armor models this game has no equal. (Until GW2 comes out that is)

Spoiler:

It seems like the graphics got updated a bit with 3.0.
You havent seen Tera have you? >_>'
Old 2012-04-12, 00:20   Link #315
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:

The thing with action MMOs is that you don't need any skill if you can one-shot almost anything. Hit your opponent, you win. But unless your character is a Game Breaker, you will have a hard time grinding in PvE and defeating Munchkins in PvP.

This is one reason why I quit Dragon Nest (the other is bad economy). Although in theory skill DOES matter, in practice it comes down to who uses the "I WIN" skill (Elemental Shields and Divine Avatar Mode) FIRST and/or cheeses by running around the arena stalling for time to win or tie the game.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:48   Link #316
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
You havent seen Tera have you? >_>'
Yeah, TERA makes Aion look like WoW...

My CBT5 screens:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-12, 02:59   Link #317
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*shrug* Well, if you want to maximize potential most MMO's have you use 20-something abilities. And things can get pretty hairy, especially for squishy classes or classes without heals.

It's just a different kind of dificulity. Some people will like it, others don't, but to say it requires "no skill, it's just pressing buttings" is simplifying things. It's be like me calling FPS games point-and-click games that "only require you to click your target's head."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:01   Link #318
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The only reason to play Aion: lolis.
Old 2012-04-12, 03:03   Link #319
Gundamx

Quote:

Did you even play WoW end game?
No I don't mean random but normal/hard raid.
(And why do people still press 1-9 or mouse click to use skill?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:07   Link #320
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The only reason to play Tera and Aion: lolis.
Fix that for ya Syn

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows