AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-23, 11:15   Link #8101
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

You just for laughs if Kanzaki and Mikoto fought , then Touma suddenly shows up. Who's going act the damsel in distress ??

Mikoto purposely lose her match with Kanzaki, plays the frail damsel, Touma being the chivalrous dude, defends her. She smirks and says "Just as planned."

Mikoto may have lost the battle, but she won the war Heck it will be funnier if both girls acted damsel in distress at the same time
Old 2011-02-23, 12:34   Link #8102
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
Just readed those two parts and woah :
Quote:
“Ah, so you’re a remnant of the Dark May Project. What a pain. That was where they saw how Accelerator’s calculation pattern worked and tried to optimize specific espers’ Personal Realities, right?”

“…”

“And as a result, you got an automatic defense power. Although, it seems you were originally an atmosphere control type. It’s just like with Accelerator’s reflection, but your limit is automatically opening a defensive field around you with your power. Have you ever thought about how pathetic that is?”

“Not really,” quickly responded Kinuhata. “I’m super happy compared to test subjects from Produce. They had their brains chopped up like a Christmas cake in order to figure out where in their brains their Personal Realities lay.”
Got goose bumps from that last frase. I didn't expected that there were so drastical experiments. Are other experiments also that drastical? or this was just an exception?

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:41.
Old 2011-02-23, 13:31   Link #8103
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Academy City is the place where they came up with the idea of killing 20000 people in an experiment. I seriously doubt that this is the tip of the iceberg.
Old 2011-02-23, 16:59   Link #8104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You guys are making it REALLY hard for me to keep to my vows of waiting to the end of season 2 before reading the novels... -_-
Old 2011-02-23, 18:03   Link #8105
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
You just for laughs if Kanzaki and Mikoto fought , then Touma suddenly shows up. Who's going act the damsel in distress ??

Mikoto purposely lose her match with Kanzaki, plays the frail damsel, Touma being the chivalrous dude, defends her. She smirks and says "Just as planned."

Mikoto may have lost the battle, but she won the war Heck it will be funnier if both girls acted damsel in distress at the same time
Well, the problem with acting like a damsel in distress is that it seals off and blocks the way into Romance Flags, and you can now only trigger the Friendship flags. Index, Mikoto, Agnese, Kanazaki, Orsola- They've all been regulated into friends. If Touma would just open his stupid eyes to see how they look at him...
Quote:
You guys are making it REALLY hard for me to keep to my vows of waiting to the end of season 2 before reading the novels... -_-
... *goes off to find more pieces of really cool Novel stuff to torture you*
Old 2011-02-23, 18:11   Link #8106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Well, the problem with acting like a damsel in distress is that it seals off and blocks the way into Romance Flags, and you can now only trigger the Friendship flags. Index, Mikoto, Agnese, Kanazaki, Orsola- They've all been regulated into friends. If Touma would just open his stupid eyes to see how they look at him...

I had a theory on that; the reason Touma sticks around Index is because she is quite 'helpless', therefore a weak and frail enough girl would make Touma feel 'compelled' to stay with them.

Of course, as long as there isn't any complications when that particular girl choose to be frail and helpless...

But that sounds more like a plot to a fanfic than anything haha...! ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post

... *goes off to find more pieces of really cool Novel stuff to torture you*
OI!
Old 2011-02-23, 18:21   Link #8107
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I had a theory on that; the reason Touma sticks around Index is because she is quite 'helpless', therefore a weak and frail enough girl would make Touma feel 'compelled' to stay with them.

Of course, as long as there isn't any complications when that particular girl choose to be frail and helpless...

But that sounds more like a plot to a fanfic than anything haha...! ha...
Touma didn't have any say whatsoever about Index staying with him. He woke up with no memory and to a letter saying that Index was staying with him for now.

Hinegami also stayed with him for a short time- she was eventually taken in by Komoe-sensei. She hasn't triggered any more romance flags then Index has. And Hinegami was a choice. And she's as weak, and as needed to be 'protected' as anyone.

Quote:
OI!
*whistles*
Old 2011-02-23, 18:52   Link #8108
giorno

Quote:
moves faster than mach 3?
Quote:
faster than mach 3
Quote:
mach 3
i will never, ever be able to take the railgun seriously, it's downright idiotic >__<

please, please, someone should just write to kamachi and tell him to FIX IT UP ALREADY >__<
Old 2011-02-23, 18:54   Link #8109
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
i will never, ever be able to take the railgun seriously, it's downright idiotic >__<

please, please, someone should just write to kamachi and tell him to FIX IT UP ALREADY >__<
What, exactly, is idiotic and what should Kamachi be fixing?
Old 2011-02-23, 19:30   Link #8110
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Touma will run between them trying to stop it only to end badly injured by accident, send to the hospita in the same room with the usual and reliable Heaven Canceler.

Thats the Touma I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
They are talking about how ridiculously different is the railgun from this series to a real railgun.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:37   Link #8111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Don't mind him, giorno has been going on about Mikoto's Railgun going too slow for the longest time ever.

It was somewhere around the time Dinosaurs roam the Earth I think...
Old 2011-02-23, 20:33   Link #8112
ellifeedn
Thinker

If you guys want to talk about Mikoto, why don't you do it in her thread? The last few pages are mostly long posts about her and her place in the novels for crying out loud.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:55   Link #8113
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

It was brought up, but the light novel thread was decided to be the best place since it wouldn't spoil anything for the people who only watched the anime.

I'm sorry about that long debate invading the light novel discussion. I think it's pretty much died out by now.
Old 2011-02-23, 21:23   Link #8114
giorno

Quote:
Don't mind him, giorno has been going on about Mikoto's Railgun going too slow for the longest time ever.

It was somewhere around the time Dinosaurs roam the Earth I think...
this :P

though my main problem with it is probably because of the exaggerated way it's treated as Mikoto's ultimate one-hit-kill move and all...

if you're interested http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Misaka_Mikoto scroll down to trivia...
Old 2011-02-23, 21:57   Link #8115
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
this :P

though my main problem with it is probably because of the exaggerated way it's treated as Mikoto's ultimate one-hit-kill move and all...

if you're interested http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Misaka_Mikoto scroll down to trivia...
I was always thinking that her lightning around her coin could have an affect on the impact
Old 2011-02-23, 22:06   Link #8116
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Why are we even arguing about this? It's fiction. And if we're going to argue about scientific accuracy then why don't we start taking a look at Accelerator then...
Old 2011-02-23, 22:09   Link #8117
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Why are we even arguing about this? It's fiction. And if we're going to argue about scientific accuracy then why don't we start taking a look at Accelerator then...
We alredy did that, but is hard to overlook because the "railgun" is too way exaggerated to overlook it like that.
Old 2011-02-23, 22:17   Link #8118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Comparing Science fiction with real Science is part of the fun and there's nothing wrong with it.

But I get annoyed when people instead of trying to twist things and push ideas to try and explain stuff, they just write it off as wrong or impossible like back in the days when the Sun revolves around the Earth. Or Like naming 2000 ways NOT to make a light bulb.

No creativity what so ever.
Old 2011-02-24, 00:27   Link #8119
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
We alredy did that, but is hard to overlook because the "railgun" is too way exaggerated to overlook it like that.
No, I'd have to say Accelerator is far more exaggerated than the "railgun"...

Quote:
Comparing Science fiction with real Science is part of the fun and there's nothing wrong with it.
I agree completely, but it becomes a little too much for me when you start getting into "what if"s...
Old 2011-02-24, 01:16   Link #8120
EvilSamurai

espers use 'altered physics', their abilities seem to to be focused mainly on highlighting certain laws or effects over others. So the realism of their powers comes from an altered viewpoint, hence personal reality (aka, author's literary license).
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen