AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 07:06   Link #581
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The whole keeping secret thing remind me of Vishnuwastra, the weapon that once fired, will definitely annihilate all foe, but will not harm the foes if they totally surrender, or act like surrendering. The secret so ridiculously important...

The whole hit-and-run tactics or trap sure look dirty imo, but having a heavily armed knight charging at you would make you want to say the knight plays dirty too.

Considering that most soldiers during that time fight with their shield if they use sword, I'd say shield is as important as the armor if not more.

The dirtiest thing people can do is probably holding civilians hostage, especially how most terrorists do all the time. That's something truly low and does not deserve to be called tactic.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:47   Link #582
kokolores

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I wonder what would happen if he founded a school of Archery without the freakin' discrimination of his own countrymen...
It's not that unusual, if what I remember of my history lessons in school doesn't betray me the church banned the use of crossbows in europe for quite some time because they were regarded as "unknightly". Look at it this way, since Brune prides itself in its knights and since their most powerful nobles are such bastards would they really want their peasants to have weapons which could easily kill a knight no matter what armor? Could be that the author based this discrimination on that church edict.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:50   Link #583
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
The dirtiest thing people can do is probably holding civilians hostage, especially how most terrorists do all the time. That's something truly low and does not deserve to be called tactic.
I don't think so. Holding hostages is also a tactic, especially if the enemies outnumber you so badly that you can't help but make use of everything (or everyone) in your vicinity as your shield.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 08:39   Link #584
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
It's not that unusual, if what I remember of my history lessons in school doesn't betray me the church banned the use of crossbows in europe for quite some time because they were regarded as "unknightly". Look at it this way, since Brune prides itself in its knights and since their most powerful nobles are such bastards would they really want their peasants to have weapons which could easily kill a knight no matter what armor? Could be that the author based this discrimination on that church edict.
Pope banned Cross Bow because it penetrate armor and it pretty much grantee kill. As removing the armor, infection and everything pretty much will kill the guy.

Thus, he said it was banned against from the faithful, but not heretics and unbelievers.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 10:07   Link #585
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I don't think so. Holding hostages is also a tactic, especially if the enemies outnumber you so badly that you can't help but make use of everything (or everyone) in your vicinity as your shield.
Well, I suppose so. It'll never really justify their action ever though, considering that's what outlaw criminals always do.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:34   Link #586
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, I suppose so. It'll never really justify their action ever though, considering that's what outlaw criminals always do.
Nobles do it all the time you know...nations often "invite" princes or princess of defeated nations to live at their capital as "guests."

In Japan, I believe it used to be a law for all nobles to live in the capital for X amount of months each year, same for China.
Old 2012-10-16, 11:14   Link #587
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Nobles do it all the time you know...nations often "invite" princes or princess of defeated nations to live at their capital as "guests."

In Japan, I believe it used to be a law for all nobles to live in the capital for X amount of months each year, same for China.
But...

I don't want to count some nobles as civilians...

And for royal family members especially princes, claiming that they're civilians is a bit... Considering that they'll normally serve the army (becoming officers), the king and queen also reign over us, even if they don't control. The crown princes seem to be really popular as hostages, since they'll rule the nation and might lead the army to kick their ass.

It's a bit like double-standard to say this, but high ranking nobles and ordinary citizens, are too far apart to be the same when using as hostage.
Old 2012-10-16, 11:17   Link #588
NeutralZero

Jap's and China's methods of hostage is far too cute compare to the type of hostage taking going around in our country... far too cute...
Using hostages as human shield (mostly tourist)
asking outrageous demands or ransom
then off with their heads... at some point...
Just how many had been given to them for the sake of the hostages in which they use ransom money they got to buy more firearms and explosive and repeat the same cycle...
No matter what reason, using hostages is/are the viles and most rotten form of tactics even if all is fair in love and war...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 11:37   Link #589
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Jap's and China's methods of hostage is far too cute compare to the type of hostage taking going around in our country... far too cute...
Using hostages as human shield (mostly tourist)
asking outrageous demands or ransom
then off with their heads... at some point...
Just how many had been given to them for the sake of the hostages in which they use ransom money they got to buy more firearms and explosive and repeat the same cycle...
No matter what reason, using hostages is/are the viles and most rotten form of tactics even if all is fair in love and war...
I think the brutality is the same for a lot of countries though, not just China and Japan (and historical records might not be true, I still don't get why a lot of nations in Europe and Arab despise Turks, whom ceased being a powerful empire for hundreds of years and being toyed around since Industrial Revolution, while Vlad the Impaler was considered a hero, when what he did is cruel, and the fact that those impaled are criminals or enemies don't truly mean that they deserve such punishment, what if he killed people whose only fault is pickpocketing? they talked like the Turks are much worse...).

Did you forget how Al Qaida do things?

Chinese and Japanese criminals that do something like that might not be terrorists, it happens a lot with psychopaths. Terrorist like the extremists from Japan love killing innocent people and bombing, but they don't kidnap people to kill cruelly to show others. Yakuza might do that though. I also think that Chinese terrorists don't do things like that either, it's Chinese Triads. Terrorists and mafia are outlaws, but they aren't the same kind.

People tend to ignore the obvious thing that no one wants others to treat them badly. They tend to treat others badly themselves, but when they're the victims, they tend to play like ones.

Taliban trained and exported countless extremists all over the world, forcing others to obey their stupid rule (which treat women like shit btw), converting Islamic nations into something else (the Muslims don't normally treat women that badly until the extremists took power in 1950's).

It'd be truly difficult to ignore people like that, in your territory... Considering that muslims in ASIEN treat women much better than the Arabs, the traditional clothing of muslim women we think is stereotype is actually Arabian custom, but very recently they spread to ASIEN. It surely poses danger to people who don't buy into that. I have a lot of friends who are muslims (they fled from their land after all) and they all truly hate dictators in their country (as well as not pleased with the USA).
Old 2012-10-16, 17:20   Link #590
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

So yea, about Madan No Ou to Vandis.
Old 2012-10-16, 17:41   Link #591
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
So yea, about Madan No Ou to Vandis.
Yeah, it's cool! I'm earnestly hoping someone else will pick up translating it, but Hemisphere's (you guys have all got to stop changing your names) spoilers are helping satisfy my desires for now ..

And under the topic of him dropping a "nuke" .. I wonder if this goes as far as Vol 8 or 9 whether we'll get into a shounen cliche like:

Tigre: "I must sacrifice my life to hold off this invading army so you can all retreat.."
*Tigre collapses from exhaustion and stops breathing*
Vanadis(es): "No! Tigre!" *cries*
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 17:53   Link #592
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yeah, it's cool! I'm earnestly hoping someone else will pick up translating it, but Hemisphere's (you guys have all got to stop changing your names) spoilers are helping satisfy my desires for now ..

And under the topic of him dropping a "nuke" .. I wonder if this goes as far as Vol 8 or 9 whether we'll get into a shounen cliche like:

Tigre: "I must sacrifice my life to hold off this invading army so you can all retreat.."
I would assume we'd get the much more painful version, where he fools everyone into thinking he can survive or escape, and they don't realize he's lying till it's too late.
Old 2012-10-16, 17:59   Link #593
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Oi oi, what is this!? Second coming of DxD vol 11?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 19:19   Link #594
NeutralZero

Is this the type of harem series with possible harem end or will he end up with one? mainly Ellen...
Old 2012-10-16, 22:42   Link #595
noobarta

Quote:

NOT TO WORRY, WE'VE ALREADY STARTED GATHERING THE DRAGON BALLS BRO XD

Sorry I had to say it lololololol

Hmm and from how I'm reading it, I think it'll probably be one of those endings where Tigre is "shared" amongst everyone. Five of the girls are pretty much heads over heels in love with him but want him for themselves, add into how much character depth author put into the girls, I can't see any other end than harem one XD

Although....still feel like Ellen will be the main girl considering he's her "property", was first girl to meet him/take a liking to him, and spends most time with Tigre both on and off the battlefield.

Few questions considering my last one went unanswered ;(

1)can anyone tell me what Ellen and Tigre's conversations were like in the last pic for vol 3 or 4?? It looks like they had a really tender moment together

2)read in one of the posts something about a 3 year peace treaty but what about that part where Regin(prince/princess of Brune) asked Elen to return Tigre after 3 years? Was that mentioned somewhere, or is it mentioned somewhere in the Pirsoner of war agreement that they'd be returned within three years?

3) Any idea what Asvarre, the new place Tigre's being sent to is like? Is it a jungle ?_?

4)About how often does each volume take to come out? One month? If so any idea when volume 6 will be out??

And as for any other fanfic ideas I thought up for Tigre:

Spoiler for fanfic 2 maybe?:

Last edited by noobarta; 2012-10-16 at 22:58.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:03   Link #596
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Hmm and from how I'm reading it, I think it'll probably be one of those endings where Tigre is "shared" amongst everyone. Five of the girls are pretty much heads over heels in love with him but want him for themselves, add into how much character depth author put into the girls, I can't see any other end than harem one XD

Although....still feel like Ellen will be the main girl considering he's her "property", was first girl to meet him/take a liking to him, and spends most time with Tigre both on and off the battlefield.
You'd be surprised how..."competitive" the other Vanadis can get.

Lyudmila was practically naked when she was trying to "gauge" Tigre's relationship with her, inviting him to sleep with her and all. And this is someone who practically holds herself and the other Vanadis to such high standards that the mere sight of Tigre pissed her so much off in Volume 2. She even asks mentally berates herself for being too daring after the act.

Sophiya takes every opportunity she can get now to not only tease Tigre in front of the other Vanadis (like Elenore and Lyudmila) in order to gauge their reactions, but also to find out for herself just what is it with Tigre that makes Vanadis like them fall for him - as well as spark her curiosity and interest in him more and more. For reference, Elenore's pet dragon Lurie used to run away and be frightened of Sophiya because she was interested and curious with it. The moment Sophiya's curiosity and interest transferred to Tigre, Lurie became docile and even let Sophiya caress it.

I imagine they'll...have their ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
Few questions considering my last one went unanswered ;(

1)can anyone tell me what Ellen and Tigre's conversations were like in the last pic for vol 3 or 4?? It looks like they had a really tender moment together

2)read in one of the posts something about a 3 year peace treaty but what about that part where Regin(prince/princess of Brune) asked Elen to return Tigre after 3 years? Was that mentioned somewhere, or is it mentioned somewhere in the Pirsoner of war agreement that they'd be returned within three years?

3) Any idea what Asvarre, the new place Tigre's being sent to is like? Is it a jungle ?_?

4)About how often does each volume take to come out? One month? If so any idea when volume 6 will be out??
1) Unless you clarify which one you are referring to, I cannot help you.

2) The 3 year treaty is exclusive to Tigre considering his actions, his new title as Lumiere (Moonlight Knight) bestowed upon him for his exemplary deeds, and now-Queen Regin's ascension to the throne. Tigre, as a now-national hero of Brune, deserves to stay in Brune after all his actions. However, considering several things; that he is still bound by the pact between him and Elen (which he willfully chooses to follow); that there are many nobles out there (allied with Ganlon and/or Thenaldie, or those who just despise Tigre) who hold bitterness for Tigre (for ruining their ambitions, for breaking the status quo of power, among many more) and might prefer seeing him dead; that it would hurt Regin more than benefit her to have Tigre around (as some of the opportunistic nobles would point out that she is weak without Tigre's assistance, that she is merely Tigre's political puppet, etc., and that she herself lacks the power to protect Tigre personally as well as politically).

So Regin and Elenore settled on a 3-year agreement of Tigre's "handling" (which they also tied to the peace treaty between Brune and Zhcted as well as the founding of a trade route from Nice to Silesia and passes through Alsace and LeitMeritz - correct me if I'm wrong). Tigre will stay for 3 more years with Elenore in LeitMeritz, after which he is to be freed from the prisoner pact and he would be free to return to Brune. While Regin is hopeful that Tigre returns to Brune after 3 years of Vanadis custody, Elenore has another plan in mind, that being 'heh, if after three more years, Tigre wishes to stay by my side out of his own conviction, then there's nothing Regin can do despite whatever she might say'.

3) I cannot remember if Asvarre has been described in some detail in the series. I know it was mentioned in passing during Volume 3 as it was one of the countries Roland defended Brune against; any more than that, I have no idea. If I'm wrong on this and it has actually been given some degree of detail in passing, do correct me.

4) If the release schedule of the previous titles are to be followed:
Spoiler:
Volume 6 and the beginning of the second arc will be out December.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-10-17 at 00:16. Reason: Grammar and some more added details.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 01:20   Link #597
noobarta

TYVM Hemisphere _(._.)_

1)Both, no either....hmmm....well if I had to pick I'd choose the volume 3 one http://imgur.com/TK8tU since it's when they get closer, LAP PILLOW FTW~!! =D

Hooooly smokes O_o Lyudmilla did that with Tigre?!?! Dang....I'm jealous now. Was that part of her also "teasing" him?? XDD

2) lol, leave it to Elen to find a loophole

3)Hmm well if there's no solid fact about Asvarre around, I'll just fanatsize random locations for now~! The random fanfic idea of being in a forest turned out rather nice ^_^

4) Hmm so it comes out every 4 months....gahhhh so that means another 2 months till even a hint of spoilers are out D: nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh well...thanks again for replying back, it was aweeesome =)
-goes back to letting imagination run wild-

Okay, after reading that section about the three year treaty got random idea again :3

image of Tigre with both hands on his head like he has a headache saying "Gahhh....Why do I have to choose between Zhetcd and Brune, I like both alot....Things would be so much simpler if the two oppositions(in politics) just beat each other with clubs instead of using such roundabout methods >_<"

Followed by Lim smacking him upside his head for such a stupid remark followed by a bunch of lecturing, and Elen hunched over clutching her stomach, barely able to contain her laughter

=) ahhhh imagination, how I love thee

http://images.wikia.com/theamazingwo...magination.jpg

Last edited by noobarta; 2012-10-17 at 01:39.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 01:39   Link #598
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I'll just address both then.

The picture at the end of Volume 3 was after Tigre collapsed from absolute exhaustion after "defeating" Roland, waking up to see Elenore cradling his head on her thighs. The one in Volume 4 was after Elenore's return from fighting Elizabetha and assisting Alexandra, where Tigre apologizes to her for having let so many of their men die during the anti-Muozinel campaign.

The actual heartwarming moment that signified Tigre's growth as a character as well as the relationship between the both of them was near the middle of Volume 3, where Tigre expressed his thanks to Elen for expanding his horizons and showing him just how little he knew of the world, for having given him this opportunity and for sticking by his side.

Right before Roland messed everyone's shit up bad.
Old 2012-10-17, 07:22   Link #599
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
EDIT: I forgot to add one important thing. NO ONE knows of the Bow's power except for Tigre, Elenore, Lyudmila and Sophiya (for the heroes' side, and Drachvach, Voljenoi, Ganlon and Greast for the villains). As far as everyone else is concerned, the dragon was shot down by a Vanadis' power. During the encounter against Roland, only Roland was able to witness the bow's power, and he kept that secret with him to the grave. They're desperately trying to keep it a secret, and for several good reasons.
Just to add but Rim/Lim also knows about the bow's power and she is also the one who talked about the myth that might pertains to this black bow.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 07:48   Link #600
NeutralZero

Is Tiger the only one capable of using the bow or as long as it has a wielder?

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)