5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 4.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-13, 12:23   Link #21
Blaine

They hardly dragged this episode the only extra stuff i noticed was the Sasori/Kankurou fight lasting a bit longer than the manga, and jiraiya and the frog scene.
Old 2007-04-13, 12:55   Link #22
Lumir

Wow this episode was actually quite nice. I liked the pace it went as well as the heart felt emotions naruto expressed. Sasori v kankurou fight wasnt to bad, quite intresting to find out sasori's origin and that he is part puppet?

Anyways the next ep looks promising, The title alone captured my attention, 9 phantom dragon seals sounds quite intresting.

Also from what i can tell, it looks like akasutski is looking for certin individuals, and so far those individuals all seem to have a link to some kind of monster, Garra was refered to as the first tail, and seems to be needed by Deidera. And someone else seems to be needed by sasori. The mysterious part about this is that they called garra the first tail. Do these individuals have something to do with the kyuubi? Do the monsters within them have a connection with kyuubi or something?

Things are getting quite intresting!
Old 2007-04-13, 13:03   Link #23
vhx

Actual story progression? WTF?! Pretty good. I'd say around 3/4 actual story progression, 1/4 recap on Akatsuki, Sasuke, Gaara, etc... Which is pretty good considering the two eps.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:05   Link #24
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
A+.

-Best shippuuden episode to date.
-Animation was great in the 'important' scenes. A good sense of pace, and cuts (not too fast, or slow).
-Finaly a bit of backing behind Sakura.
-Good mix of drama/action/story
-Proper, not-super-lengthy-drawn-out use of flashbacks. This one's rare kids!
-A dash of humor.

I don't get the people bashing Sakura and the pace. Do you want them to just fly through the entire story in 10 eps? I dont get it. And Sakura's obviously improved, why are ppl wailing on her when she hasn't even shown anything yet? *boggle*

I hope i see more eps like this one.

....except the pigeon eagles/falcons. That was a -lol- moment.
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 13:18   Link #25
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Wow this episode was actually quite nice. I liked the pace it went as well as the heart felt emotions naruto expressed. Sasori v kankurou fight wasnt to bad, quite intresting to find out sasori's origin and that he is part puppet?

Anyways the next ep looks promising, The title alone captured my attention, 9 phantom dragon seals sounds quite intresting.

Also from what i can tell, it looks like akasutski is looking for certin individuals, and so far those individuals all seem to have a link to some kind of monster, Garra was refered to as the first tail, and seems to be needed by Deidera. And someone else seems to be needed by sasori. The mysterious part about this is that they called garra the first tail. Do these individuals have something to do with the kyuubi? Do the monsters within them have a connection with kyuubi or something?

Things are getting quite intresting!
The tails are demons, the one tail is shukaku that is sealed in gaara, kyuubi is the nine tail, the people akatsuki are looking for are the 'containers' the demons are sealed within.
Old 2007-04-13, 13:58   Link #26
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Heh, I don't see why people's complaining.

Excellent episode, I enjoyed it.
Old 2007-04-13, 14:58   Link #27
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
The tails are demons, the one tail is shukaku that is sealed in gaara, kyuubi is the nine tail, the people akatsuki are looking for are the 'containers' the demons are sealed within.
So im guessing they are trying to gather all the "tails" in order to do what? Combine them all or something? Quite intresting anyways dont say anymore, I dun wanna spoil it.
Old 2007-04-13, 15:00   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah whatever those guys are planning clearly isn't going to be good. Let's hope Naruto can make it out there before anything more happens to Gaara.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:14   Link #29
tatami
back in black

these are the words of a man who had never seen excellent animation.

but consider it as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

you cannot convince me that it was an excellent animation

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-13 at 18:00. Reason: Do not quote spoiler.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:41   Link #30
sx3
0 Gundam

pritty good episode, i found the naruto/sakura flash backs annoying, like very. That decoder women ugh.. i hate how she looks like just ugh. oh well other than that this was a decent episode. first half was great, second half was okay.. can't wait till we get next episode hehe
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:55   Link #31
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i think these episodes were better than the last episodes. but every now and then some of the character faces looked very badly drawn, was it just me

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 17:02   Link #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
did that frog take a piss on Jiraiya? o_o
That was the impression I got . It just occurred to me that if that frog was the courier for a note to Jiriya, then his spies must be able to summon frogs as well. So him and Naruto must not be the only ones. Does this mean he has spies in Suna as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
good thing we saw als eye colour, crappy animation as always like forever flying ninjas and stupid face drawings...
I found the flatness of most of the characters head profiles quite disturbing, but at least it was consistent. An obvious comparison is when Tsunade and Jiriya are in the same frame as Team Kakashi leaves. And for the most part Temari suffered from puffy face syndrome. I mean what was up with her mouth in the tea shop?

Other than these animation flaws I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. There was some filler I didn't think was necessary, but it was much better paced. Hopefully the rest of the series will continue to show such an improvement over 006-007 as a standard.

Oh and I thought that a lot happened in this episode, so I disagree with those who said nothing did .
AvatarAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 17:34   Link #33
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarAlpha View Post
I mean what was up with her mouth in the tea shop?
I think she had food in her mouth.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 17:57   Link #34
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Lol XD
I absolutely love this scène...

Naruto is already learning that men have to obey women if they don't want to get hurt :3
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 18:20   Link #35
nine_tailed_kyuubi

for me episode 1, 2 and 3 were great .
4 to 7 were shit ( it's like a filler leading to the main arc ) everyone who read the manga knew about Gaara and the fight was not amazing because they are bothe wide range not close combat type.
Today's 2 episodes is the start of Naruto part 2 taking action and it's gonna be cool and Naruto part2 will kick ass exactly like part 1 did. This arc is still in the very beginning we haven't seen anything yet , plz be patient everyone. Thanks
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 20:28   Link #36
Kittycountess

To all who complain about fillers, badly drawn faces and pace in these two episodes...I checked the manga and for the most part they had stayed true to it. The manga had the flashbacks in it and Temari's face was puffy at the tea house.

The only complaint I had was the forever flying ninjas. Geez, you'd thinck they would have to touch down *somewhere*, or else what happened to gravity? My other complaint was the scene that compared Gaara's history to Naruto's. In the manga it is shown in two columns of side by side panels, one showing Gaara and the other showing Naruto. As we go down the page we see how Naruto gradually finds new friends and becomes happier while Gaara is left alone. This scene had a much bigger impact in the manga than in the anime because they rushed it in the anime and had the two parallel panels horizontal instead of vertical.

Other thoughts: Little Sakura was adorable, and the OST is way too good for these non-epic episodes. Still, I can't wait for this arc to be over, I see it as a diversion from the main story.
Kittycountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 20:29   Link #37
onepiecelover

DAMNIT !! the episode was actually ok.. but I need more color T_T the flashbacks are sooo colorful and the new series seems to lack.. color
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 20:57   Link #38
gibits
Endless

The good: Sasori owning.

The bad: the animation sucked.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 21:24   Link #39
Rurik
Golden

This episode was great, and it really gave me hope that the Anime will be handling the fillers part in a more decent way.

For the fillers, it really hard to tell now, because its well scattered trough the show, different from later chapter were it was killing the pace of the story.

As I expected, the Sasori fight was made longer for the sake of killing time, but it was nicely done, I could not help but to think Sasuke vs Oro in the forest of Death. and I'm one that find Kankuro one of the less interesting Character in the series. Kina I know you said that this made Sasori look lesser, but I for once bite the Anime bait of Sasori Having Fun...

One other thing I really don't find the animation to be bad, in fact I find it to be the best the show has seen since part 2 started, very fluid, for NAruto standard the Animation was great.

AS For the Chapter:

-Naruto told Sakura the Kyubi secret, the moment was nicely done and Sakua and temary face expression was great.

-The news that Sasori-Sama was from the sand makes thin interesting and more that he was the one who created Kankuro puppet.

-Chiyo-Baaaaaaaa Sama was Introduced with that very funny I was faking death joke....I like the voice actor for her, she sounds like the wicked witch of the west.

-The part posted by Sayorana was funny too...lol both Kakshi and Sakura were really scared of Tsuandes loosing her temper there, wile Naruto was only trowing fuel to the flame...
Old 2007-04-13, 22:39   Link #40
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Jiraiya told Naruto not to use that power (kyubi). If I remember correctly Jiraiya told him not to use that Jutsu.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote